Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The US is the worst case since the US boomer personality and culture make impossible for the most basic actions
-US bible thumpers who believe god will protect them from the virus
-Most of the US adults especially boomers have a toddler like rebellious attitude when being told what to do / refusal to follow medical direction from experts
-Conservative religious types lead to junk science beliefs over time especially when combined with political haymaking (Libs want to brainwash your kids into believing evolution!)
-The GOP managed to turn the defiance into a political issue / Trigger the libs by not wearing a mask
-Serving Capital above all else, Open it back up and won't someone think of the landlords!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

facetoucher cat posted:

We're going to do the bare minimum it takes to push more places out of business and make ppl lose their jobs but not enough to curb the spread of the deadly pandemic

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Zeroisanumber posted:

Sure, call Jim Fistpump at 420-696-6969

Thanks. It is good to have support circles in the case of loved ones passing away.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The city's been playing this game for months now. They keep loosening restrictions by moving to different "phases". Soon we'll be in Phase 3.3! Despite the science developing since the phases were conceived and the crisis worsening, we're removing restrictions all the time. The city is encouraging tourists to come visit again.

And then every 2 or 3 weeks some bar (or event in this case) will get dragged on Twitter for having too many people and the city will make a big show of having inspectors closing it down, but they're just following signals from the top, which are "Open 'er up. Back to business!"

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Elon Musk is going to have nothing worse than mild symptoms and crow about how it's nothing on twitter for another year.

whiskey patrol
Feb 26, 2003
my respirator should hopefully arrive today. poo poo is crazy enough that I funny sucked it up and bought one. Thanks for making finding the proper cartridges easy thread!

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

PostNouveau posted:

The city's been playing this game for months now. They keep loosening restrictions by moving to different "phases". Soon we'll be in Phase 3.3! Despite the science developing since the phases were conceived and the crisis worsening, we're removing restrictions all the time. The city is encouraging tourists to come visit again.

And then every 2 or 3 weeks some bar (or event in this case) will get dragged on Twitter for having too many people and the city will make a big show of having inspectors closing it down, but they're just following signals from the top, which are "Open 'er up. Back to business!"

Mardi Gras in 2021 is going to be very interesting

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

etalian posted:

The US is the worst case since the US boomer personality and culture make impossible for the most basic actions
-Most of the US adults especially boomers have a toddler like rebellious attitude when being told what to do / refusal to follow medical direction from experts
-Conservative religious types lead to junk science beliefs over time especially when combined with political haymaking (Libs want to brainwash your kids into believing evolution!)
-The GOP managed to turn the defiance into a political issue / Trigger the libs by not wearing a mask
-Serving Capital above all else, Open it back up and won't someone think of the landlords!

Also our education system is loving horrendous and a gigantic part of our country does not understand the immune system, how it works, or how viruses and bacteria work.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

etalian posted:

Yeah but we at least have are freedoms

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
To be fair, every Western country appears to have oppositional defiant disorder. Even the ones with supposedly superior education systems.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Also our education system is loving horrendous and a gigantic part of our country does not understand the immune system, how it works, or how viruses and bacteria work.

Local Idiot Mike DeWine pissed away all the goodwill of a decent response in the beginning, so the best he can do now is threaten to turn counties purple and tell people we must be vigilant against the virus because it's sneaky and cunning, but it's not in our schools!

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

WoodrowSkillson posted:

looking around that doesn't appear to be unique to us

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ABC11_WTVD/status/1327269997639512067

no shutdown

no check

no nothing

gently caress Joe Biden

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Relevant Tangent posted:

looking around that doesn't appear to be unique to us

right but other countries also don't have the complete list of other idiocies mentioned.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

It makes me really sad that there really has been no consistent and realistic guidance from the federal government in the US for months. They're not even able to react to anecdotal information.

Has anyone ever said publicly to wear your mask so it covers your mouth and nose? That face shields don't work without a mask? That this poo poo is loving AIRBORNE so that's what you need to consider when you're in public?

Holy gently caress everybody is so stupid on this loving planet. I hope the virus wins.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Heuristics are a hell of a drug, but it also doesn't help that official sources explicitly spread technocratic bullshit. Like the airborne vs. not airborne, masks might increase your chance of infection or schools don't spread infections.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

gradenko_2000 posted:

no shutdown

no check

no nothing

gently caress Joe Biden

gently caress's sake joe

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ghost of RBG posted:

Mardi Gras in 2021 is going to be very interesting

Yeah, we'll see what they cook up.

The city has been leaving it up to the krewes of each parade about whether they roll next year. With the exception that the krewes who cancel will not lose their spots in future Mardi Grases. (Every parade is run by an autonomous krewe organization that does their parades on the same day at the same time every year. Normally not rolling one year would leave your spot open on the roster for some other krewe to jump in and steal it.)

Already a lot of krewes have canceled for 2021, but some of them are chudlier than others.

I'm sure they'll cancel the balls, but I wouldn't be surprised if the city tries to thread the needle and do something stupid that allows a shitload of tourists to flood the French Quarter and spit in each other's mouths for a week.

RobotCoupeDetat
Nov 3, 2020
Can someone let this essential employee goon working in post-secondary plaguelands know what the best respirators are?

Because lol if anyone thinks social distancing in kitchens is a thing

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

no shutdown

no check

no nothing

gently caress Joe Biden

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

gradenko_2000 posted:

no shutdown

no check

no nothing

gently caress Joe Biden

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, we'll see what they cook up.

The city has been leaving it up to the krewes of each parade about whether they roll next year. With the exception that the krewes who cancel will not lose their spots in future Mardi Grases. (Every parade is run by an autonomous krewe organization that does their parades on the same day at the same time every year. Normally not rolling one year would leave your spot open on the roster for some other krewe to jump in and steal it.)

Already a lot of krewes have canceled for 2021, but some of them are chudlier than others.

I'm sure they'll cancel the balls, but I wouldn't be surprised if the city tries to thread the needle and do something stupid that allows a shitload of tourists to flood the French Quarter and spit in each other's mouths for a week.

Endymion is really going to up it’s body count this year!

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/1327278555210915841

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
lol to anybody that somehow thought Biden would do or change anything, he literally told you nothing would fundamentally change. dems and chuds are indistinguishable.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

lol my friend got covid last mardi gras during the initial outbreak there. Time flies!

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

no shutdown

no check

no nothing

gently caress Joe Biden

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

RobotCoupeDetat posted:

Can someone let this essential employee goon working in post-secondary plaguelands know what the best respirators are?

Because lol if anyone thinks social distancing in kitchens is a thing

There are a few options depending on your choices:

1. Half mask or full face? You'll have to get eye protection if you go with the half mask. Consider this choice carefully if you wear glasses.

2. Are your filters at risk for getting wet? Like in the rain, or catching an errant spray of water as you pass by the dish pit? Some filters can get wet, but some can't

3. Do you need to make sure you can be heard clearly? If so, you might want to get one that has a speaking diaphragm (or whatever it is they're called)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

facetoucher cat posted:

I need this gang tag

considering the last 2 times i visisted my dad the chickens 1) had 'avian flu' and 2) dozens of them got slaughtered by a mink (i've seen the mink out back in winter) this speaks to me. hell, replace all 8 of my obnoxious gang tags with it

gradenko_2000 posted:

no shutdown

no check

no nothing

gently caress Joe Biden

i said it in the succ zone thread but there's gonna be 400k excess dead under trump and 4m under biden

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 17:04 on Nov 13, 2020

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

facetoucher cat posted:

I need this gang tag

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

gradenko_2000 posted:

no shutdown

no check

no nothing

gently caress Joe Biden

We've gone all-in on the vaccines working and just tolerating the excess deaths until then.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Louisgod posted:

lol to anybody that somehow thought Biden would do or change anything, he literally told you nothing would fundamentally change. dems and chuds are indistinguishable.

Not true! One is very focused on the issue of "girlboss"

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

etalian posted:

It's a problem that half the country thinks we can win the pandemic the same way we won the Cold War: by shopping a lot and yelling about communism.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

I’m in nyc

I went into a worksite today for the first time since March

no one was wearing a mask, social distancing, nothing. but, they had a lot of fancy signs and hand sanitizer!!! literally no one, saw five people who worked there, all in the same room, just going hog wild

the director of the place came out of his office, saw myself and my fellow worker with masks, and immediately fished in his packet for his. saw him again later, no mask

folks, this isn’t gonna work out

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Louisgod posted:

But he won't say mean things on TV and Twitter. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to step over some bodies in the street to get to the brunch spot that serves the best organic free range eggs benedict yaaaassssss

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

no shutdown

no check

no nothing

gently caress Joe Biden

NoJoe 4 Life :respek:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I’m in nyc

I went into a worksite today for the first time since March

no one was wearing a mask, social distancing, nothing. but, they had a lot of fancy signs and hand sanitizer!!! literally no one, saw five people who worked there, all in the same room, just going hog wild

the director of the place came out of his office, saw myself and my fellow worker with masks, and immediately fished in his packet for his. saw him again later, no mask

folks, this isn’t gonna work out

RIP

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

BeefThief posted:

Holy gently caress everybody is so stupid on this loving planet. I hope the virus wins.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

snake and bake posted:

There are a few options depending on your choices:

1. Half mask or full face? You'll have to get eye protection if you go with the half mask. Consider this choice carefully if you wear glasses.

2. Are your filters at risk for getting wet? Like in the rain, or catching an errant spray of water as you pass by the dish pit? Some filters can get wet, but some can't

3. Do you need to make sure you can be heard clearly? If so, you might want to get one that has a speaking diaphragm (or whatever it is they're called)

Any difference in the glasses/yes/no vs glasses/no/no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Any difference in the glasses/yes/no vs glasses/no/no?
E: Ehh, gonna correct myself here, as some masks have integrated filters (like the Envo mask).

The filters are independent from the masks, so if I understand your question correctly: no.

Pingui has issued a correction as of 17:12 on Nov 13, 2020