Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

You're laughing now, but wait until Nathen crowd funds a time machine so that he can go back in time to hunt and kill brontosauruses in order to be able to make really authentic Flintstones brontosaurus burger!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1327268578073088006

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Hes probably fishing down the food chain of IPs that are willing to shill with him

GarfieldEATS and Scooby Eats make more sense if you imagine that Game of Thrones Eats, Baby Yoda Eats, and Tiger King Eats were all probably considered in accordance with capitalizing on someone elses popularity and achievements and smartly rejected by the IP owner

That or he just has a weirdly filtered idea of what the public loves and craves despite being admittedly raised by western television. Oh well. FREE AT LAST

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Pastry of the Year posted:

it is now even more insane

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSapp/status/1327022882111840262

"Finally, garfield & @nathenmazri are FREE."

like uh from what dude

"GarfieldEATS was one of tourists destinations to visit in #Toronto" is an amazing memorial quote on this tombstone. May the grift continue.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Mordja posted:

Nah, as I recall it all started as a pop-up restaurant in Dubai, long gone now.
The Dubai restaurant also had by far the better-sounding menu, though I realize just because the food claimed to have delicious Middle Eastern spices involved does not mean the food actually tasted good.

But I got the same sense of missing out when looking at the Dubai menu as I did when I got dragged to Domino's in England and discovered "Indonesian-spiced chicken skewers with hot chili dip" were just an ordinary food item, and thought about how that was singlehandedly better than anything on the entire U.S. Domino's menu

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Next up: Chip&DaleEats
MummiesAliveEats
TailspinEats,featuring that bitcoiner who wanted to buy a movie theater showing Tailspin episodes.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
KirbyEats

edit:

FatAlbertEats

Empty Sandwich fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 13, 2020

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

FlintstonesEATS drive-thru only

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

gently caress SNEEP posted:

FlintstonesEATS drive-thru only

If the rack of ribs doesn't literally tip your car over, it's free

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I'm investing in EvillakEATS

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Rocky and Bullwinkle Eats, where the cheap production values are part of the charm!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1327280118746804224?s=19

This is the saddest thing

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Rocky and Bullwinkle Eats, where the cheap production values are part of the charm!

This existed in Edmonton when I was a very young child. It was like a Chuck E Cheese

Edit holy poo poo there are still locations of this thing

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 13, 2020

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I was going to order the stupid lasagna as a joke but it only delivers to loving Ontario.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

CodfishCartographer posted:

I was going to order the stupid lasagna as a joke but it only delivers to loving Ontario.

Get Nathan to put it on that delivery service that lowtax uses to order $300 pies

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1327280118746804224?s=19

This is the saddest thing

This existed in Edmonton when I was a very young child. It was like a Chuck E Cheese

Edit holy poo poo there are still locations of this thing

There's near Portland I've been to it and raced Go-Karts and stuff.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Holy gently caress, a 17$ Lasagna ythsts hosed up

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I actually love Rocky and Bullwinkle. My dad was a big fan and we watched it together when I was a kid.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Nathens orange suit didnt have black stripes like Garfield thats why his business failed imo.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Empty Sandwich posted:

KirbyEats

edit:

FatAlbertEats

Theres already a Kirby cafe and its sick as hell.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

pseudanonymous posted:

There's near Portland I've been to it and raced Go-Karts and stuff.

Wilsonville Family Fun Center & Bullwinkle's Restaurant crew represent.

Or...just "Bullwinkle's" now? With a bowling alley and poo poo? drat, its obvious I havent lived there in half a decade.

Man, that "Love me. Feed me. Dont leave me." slogan seems really awkward now that Nathen Mazri has left us.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

DrManiac posted:

There’s already a Kirby cafe and it’s sick as hell.

I was just in Hakata!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

landlord cant take away

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

landlord cant take away

Nathen has uploaded his consciousness into the cloud.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Lmao drat near $20 for a frozen lasagna.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Mordja posted:

Lmao drat near $20 for a frozen lasagna.

do other frozen lasagna brands entergage you though

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
TBH I really did kind of want to go to Garfield Eats once.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
you can't even break down the packaging or scan QR codes for garfield comics. this doesn't feel very entergaging

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i should have known something was up when the giant garfield plush was turned around and facing the corner earlier this week lmao

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

we now know what he meant by this

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Breaking News: GarfieldEATS creator Nathen Mazri had enough with the landlords greed and calls it quits for the storefront in Bloorcourt Village

I think my favorite line from this is "Nathen had enough of the landlords shenanigans during this pandemic and called it quits for the GarfieldEATS storefront only."

or maybe "Nathen Mazri says the landlord may have power in the keys, but my power was in the Garfield fans voices worth a thousand keys."

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

I am once again extremely entergaged, but probably not in the way Nathen intended.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

jfc this whole thing is incredible

COVID19 has accelerated the death of QSR and quickly gave rise to the QMR&R (quick mobile restaurant and retail) opening businesses on mobile-friendly websites and apps given our app-economy. GarfieldEATS has always embraced digital with their entergaging gamitification restaurant app where you can play GarfieldEATS Foodattack AR and collect paws to save on lasagnas.

GarfieldEATS closed its storefront last Monday(we hate Mondays anyway), but aggressively continues with its e-commerce operations selling merchandise and Frozen Big Cow Lasagnas only, which you can throw in the oven anytime; removing all other menu items and specializing in lasagna, one popular product everyone loves, so as Garfield since 1978. No landlord can take that recipe away from us. Who needs another brick and mortar anyway? We wish the landlord good luck finding a new tenant. No one is looking to open up, but rather work digitally and smarter. The CEO, Nathen Mazri says We have always paid the rent and ready to disclose bank statement and proof of transfers made to the landlord since the lockdown in March 2020, but he wanted more, more, & more. He is simply greedy after we updated his entire filthy building.

Nathen adds It is sad to see restaurants closing, but we live in an era of shifting economies and transition from information era to an interconnected society driven by tech. We must embrace it while landlords still live in the past.

Nathen had enough of the landlords shenanigans during this pandemic and called it quits for the GarfieldEATS storefront only. Given Garfield is a pop icon cat loved by 200 million fans worldwide, the 995 Bloor St. West location was not the right choice anyways. Co-founder Pascal says do not be surprised if you see us in a bigger and better location in Toronto, but eCommerce is the way to the future.

The Canadian Federal government has been generous to support Canadians fast in the first and second waves for landlords and our landlord still had no interest to apply to the COVID19 commercial rent program for Canadian businesses providing forgivable loans to eligible landlords. This allows them to reduce rent for their impacted small business tenants by at least 75% for the agreed-upon period, so they can stay in business as we safely and gradually reopen Ontarios economy. That is voluntary, though.

Landlord says it looks bad to apply for the COVID19 tenancy rent program on his file. He has been threatening us since March 2020, when Nathen Mazri has emailed an internal memo to all stakeholders including Nickelodeon and prepared a professional email to the landlord on the day of the lockdown outlining the pandemic and relief required; detailing other ways to support each other throughout our lease term.

The landlord has always disagreed continuing with the threats to lock us out and he still demanded full rent. GarfieldEATS has paid full rent in March 2020 and April 2020 as well as May 2020 as agreed, until he locked us out illegitimately finally for the June 2020 full rent without any relief again. GarfieldEATS operations supervisor took the TTC for 1 hour to the store to start his daily shift only to find a notice suddenly locking us out with 5 days to remove our belongings out without any prior notice. Humiliating!

However, Nathen reopened it that afternoon saving the cat after the Garfield fans realized our closure and the media picked up on it and interviewed Nathen for the full story. The landlord finally agreed for relief until October 2019 after he saw the Canadian media blasting off about our closure reporting on GarfieldEATS brief 4 hours closure in his building and the disputes. He audaciously asked Nathens legal team to stop communicating with the media thinking he can control Nathen. Little did he know!

Nathen thanks the media and the Garfield fans who saved us. Numerous podcasters and media started to call the landlords office to ask for his comments, even from the USA. Nathen Mazri says the landlord may have power in the keys, but my power was in the Garfield fans voices worth a thousand keys. He continues to add saying GarfieldEATS stayed open just for the loyal fans, but COVID19 has also been extremely harsh to the entire restaurant and food and beverage industry including Davids Tea, Pizza Hut, and Chuk E. Cheese. Nathen knew it was an end to an era.

GarfieldEATS will always be known as the worlds 1st Garfield restaurant in Toronto adored by the nostalgic Garfield fans from around the globe, who visited us from places like New York, Portugal, China, Australia, Dubai, UK, Seattle, and many more. Nickelodeon is supporting Nathen Mazri on a regular basis to ensure the success of GarfieldEATS, together.

GarfieldEATS was one of the tourists destinations to visit in Toronto. We are proud to have served you!

GolfHole posted:

i should have known something was up when the giant garfield plush was turned around and facing the corner earlier this week lmao

GarfieldEATS is also partners with SickKids auctioning the worlds first Garfield giant plush toy (135cm) gifted to Nathen Mazri by 20th-century fox. GarfieldEATS decided to donate it to the foundation to help build the new hospital and raise funds.

:allears:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Thanks to author "Dominic"

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

quote:

GarfieldEATS operations supervisor took the TTC for 1 hour to the store to start his daily shift only to find a notice suddenly locking us out

help my morning guy has a 1 hour multiple-transfer commute by public transit and my business is failing

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

GolfHole posted:

help my morning guy has a 1 hour multiple-transfer commute by public transit and my business is failing

spend less on bus rides

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Both Nathan and Doobie's establishments were thwarted by greedy landlords. Mods it's time to merge both threads!

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Nathen for You

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

GarfieldEATS will always be known as the world’s 1st Garfield restaurant in Toronto adored by the nostalgic Garfield fans from around the globe, who visited us from places like New York, Portugal, China, Australia, Dubai, UK, Seattle, and many more. Nickelodeon is supporting Nathen Mazri on a regular basis to ensure the success of GarfieldEATS, together.

GarfieldEATS is also partners with SickKids auctioning the world’s first Garfield giant plush toy (135cm) gifted to Nathen Mazri by 20th-century fox. GarfieldEATS decided to donate it to the foundation to help build the new hospital and raise funds.

WORLDS FIRST garfield restaurant

WORLDS FIRST garfield giant plush

Wow hes just racking up so many world firsts, the only metric by which success can be measured, and impressive to all no matter what it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
There's a half-dozen lines that could be new thread titles but I'm particularly fond of "Let landlords be landmonsters."