Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Crafty posted:

Nah, the PS5 doesn't have a browser.

My Xbox Series X really reminded me of PC gaming yesterday, my game crashed twice while I was playing Rainbow 6. Quite annoying

My Yakuza 7 crashed in like the first hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Anidav posted:

I'm pretty sure devs are increasing prices on their backwards compatibility games.

50 Australian dollars for Sonic and Knuckles?!

On this point it’s complete BS that the sonic classics collection from 360 isn’t BC

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Don't worry once Microsoft buys SEGA it will be.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Who makes the chips for the new Xboxes? Like, which foundry? TSMC for everything, or...?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

pmchem posted:

Who makes the chips for the new Xboxes? Like, which foundry? TSMC for everything, or...?

Yup, and they might struggle to meet demand for a while to come: https://www.notebookcheck.net/PS5-and-Xbox-Series-X-next-gen-consoles-could-face-shortages-until-mid-2021.494964.0.html

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Could someone test out the original Skate game and test how are the load times?
Especially how long it takes to load a far away checkpoint. Those were long loads on 360 and xbone

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Any back-compat impressions from an Series S? Not a lot written about that yet.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Has anyone seen any DF videos doing side by sides on games? I’m curious if AssCreed looks / plays better on the PS5 or X

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

MarcusSA posted:

Has anyone seen any DF videos doing side by sides on games? I’m curious if AssCreed looks / plays better on the PS5 or X

This is the only PS5/XSX like for like comparison video I’ve seen so far...

https://youtu.be/GIIhJqTERls

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

DF did a side-by-side of DMC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIIhJqTERls

Long story short, the consoles are the most similar they've ever been in history. I'd be shocked if there's performance differences in any way that matters anytime soon. Their observation is that for whatever reason, the PS5 is punching above its weight despite having slightly less GPU power.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Interesting thanks!

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

I saw a non-DF comparison. Basically they said that PS5 has less tearing and maintains a very slightly higher resolution more consistently, while the Series X has fewer frame drops. Also PS5 has like a 10% speed advantage on loads (about 1 sec difference). I kind of expect that the tearing on Xbox is probably going to be fixed in a patch though.

Seems like the differences are really minor, which will probably continue to be a theme this generation. Both systems are pretty strong this time around, nobody pulled another OG X-bone situation.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VanillaGorilla posted:

I saw a non-DF comparison. Basically they said that PS5 has less tearing and maintains a very slightly higher resolution more consistently, while the Series X has fewer frame drops. Also PS5 has like a 10% speed advantage on loads (about 1 sec difference). I kind of expect that the tearing on Xbox is probably going to be fixed in a patch though.

Seems like the differences are really minor, which will probably continue to be a theme this generation. Both systems are pretty strong this time around, nobody pulled another OG X-bone situation.

That channel is good i watched it too. Nx gamer or something? I forget.

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

From out of the basement,
a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.

univbee posted:

All of the main Bemani stuff is trapped on PS2 to this day. There was some Dance Dance Revolution Universe stuff on 360 but you need an actual 360 for that as well as any compatible hardware.

You might even need an Asian region Xbox for some stuff (unless you softmod).
Thanks, we do have a PS2 for this (only) reason. I was looking at all the 360 back catalog stuff and it got my hopes up that we might not have to hang on to this old console just for this.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

adhuin posted:

Could someone test out the original Skate game and test how are the load times?
Especially how long it takes to load a far away checkpoint. Those were long loads on 360 and xbone

I might have this I’ll take a look.

Is there a universally accepted best gaming headset? I want to waste more money

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
i bought the new ori game but i can't figure out how to play it. i start it up and it's at a screen with music playing and trees and mountains and poo poo but none of the buttons do anything

e: i went back to the home screen and quit the game and it works now

butt dickus fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 13, 2020

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Crafty posted:

I might have this I’ll take a look.

Is there a universally accepted best gaming headset? I want to waste more money

they all are trash, if u truly want to waste your money:

https://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-Over-Ear-Headphones-professional-smartphones/dp/B008POFOHM
https://www.amazon.com/Antlion-Audi...2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

im ready to be disagreed with

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

There is only one true gaming headset. I refuse to recognize any others.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ColdPie posted:

I had the one that looked like a bluetooth ear clip.

I don't use headsets because I don't play multiplayer games where I'd want to voice chat but I do most of my gaming with a nice pair of headphones in order to appreciate the sound design.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

It was nice that everyone had a headset from the start. Did mean more chat in games even if it was toxic as hell.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I have a Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 and I really like it. Very comfortable and you can mix game audio and Bluetooth audio from your phone.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

uncle blog posted:

To be fair, most convicted pedophiles were in posession of one or more PCs.

Possibly also Playstations.
I read somewhere once where a lot of pedophiles were Trekies.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

American McGay posted:

Don't worry once Microsoft buys SEGA it will be.

God I want that to happen so badly. Think of all the IPs Sega is sitting on that it never uses. We could get a new, really good, Golden Axe game. Do you realize what that means? Sexy barbarian mommy to step on my crotch.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

About 15 years ago my friend bought his original Xbox over so we could dual team some suckers on splinter cell mercs vs spy’s (a top 5 multiplayer experience of all time, I will die by this statement).

He was wearing this same headset, and somehow a lone pubic hair (no doubting it - big old curly) had made its way into the foam part of the mic, which was now resting by his mouth.

Myself and my other friend were laughing hard as we tried to explain his predicament, but he wasn’t getting it, and was getting annoyed. Every time he asked what the hell we were laughing at his headset would wobble, and his ball hair would brush his lip - which in turn made us laugh even harder. He was getting pretty angry by the end as we cried with laughter - screaming ‘there’s a pube in your mic!!’.

He got alopecia a couple of years later, not a single remaining hair on his whole body.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Lammasu posted:

God I want that to happen so badly. Think of all the IPs Sega is sitting on that it never uses.

They’d become IPs Microsoft sits on that it never uses?

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Hey - what is the method to play XSX games on a PC via streaming?
All I can find is instructions to play on my phone - and while that is working, it kinda sucks.

e: I have the XBOX app installed on my PC but I don't see any obvious options there

sarcastx fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 13, 2020

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Been playing a bit of NFS Heat, and my controller keeps randomly turning off/disconnecting. Anyone else have this happen?

Guess I should mention that this is on a Xbone X.

BisterdDave fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 13, 2020

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

No but the audio jack on the controller that came with my console is broken. What’s the warranty on these things? I’ll send it back when I buy another one in the next few weeks.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

sarcastx posted:

Hey - what is the method to play XSX games on a PC via streaming?
All I can find is instructions to play on my phone - and while that is working, it kinda sucks.

e: I have the XBOX app installed on my PC but I don't see any obvious options there

You can't right now, unfortunately - the old "console companion" app which did the streaming from xbones has been deprecated and can't stream from XSX, and the current xbox app doesn't have that functionality yet.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I’m passing optical out from my LG oled to my receiver since the SeX doesn’t have optical out. I can’t seem to get surround sound working as a result. I even tried the Dolby access app to try 7 days free, but no games would make a peep out of the rear speakers.

I also noticed there’s a delay when outputting Dolby digital to the tv -> receiver now. I tried turning on a “bypass” option in the tv but that didn’t help. In any case in that mode I still couldn’t get the rear channels to light up.

Anyone ever deal with optical out from a tv? I tried all the setting I could find on the receiver, usually leaving it on pcm direct did the job in the past...

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Nuts and Gum posted:

I’m passing optical out from my LG oled to my receiver since the SeX doesn’t have optical out. I can’t seem to get surround sound working as a result. I even tried the Dolby access app to try 7 days free, but no games would make a peep out of the rear speakers.

I also noticed there’s a delay when outputting Dolby digital to the tv -> receiver now. I tried turning on a “bypass” option in the tv but that didn’t help. In any case in that mode I still couldn’t get the rear channels to light up.

Anyone ever deal with optical out from a tv? I tried all the setting I could find on the receiver, usually leaving it on pcm direct did the job in the past...

Can you do HDMI ARC instead? You might have better luck with that than optical.

Alternatively, why can't you do Series X -> HDMI -> Receiver -> HDMI -> TV?

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

ColdPie posted:

Remember this one?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Twerk from Home posted:

Can you do HDMI ARC instead? You might have better luck with that than optical.

Alternatively, why can't you do Series X -> HDMI -> Receiver -> HDMI -> TV?

I think it is in the arc plug already. The receiver is old as poo poo and won’t do 4K so I need to only send audio to the unit. This may force me to upgrade though.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Lammasu posted:

I read somewhere once where a lot of pedophiles were Trekies.

I read somewhere trekkies that were also mods in TV/IV had a pretty high probability of turning out pedophile, so watch out for these fellas!

Healbot fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Nov 13, 2020

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Crafty posted:

About 15 years ago my friend bought his original Xbox over so we could dual team some suckers on splinter cell mercs vs spy’s (a top 5 multiplayer experience of all time, I will die by this statement).

:hellyeah:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If microsoft buys Sega I demand they make the dreamcast discs back compatible and then release an attachment to do the same with sega genesis cartridges so I can build the tallest vertical videogame system with stacked cartridge attachments

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Such a tense gaming experience, running around as a merc with your gun torch on looking for those rat like spys! Insanely good, I’ve never found an asymmetrical multiplayer experience quite like it. Was hoping evolve would give me the same vibes, but didn’t quite live up. I think 2 on 2 was so perfect for that format, I would play that game so damned hard if it got remastered.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

On this point it’s complete BS that the sonic classics collection from 360 isn’t BC

What is in this that isn't in the Sega Genesis Classics collection for Xbone?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Biodome posted:

Remember this one?

lol I remember being jealous of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Barudak posted:

If microsoft buys Sega I demand they make the dreamcast discs back compatible and then release an attachment to do the same with sega genesis cartridges so I can build the tallest vertical videogame system with stacked cartridge attachments

Broke: Microsoft buys Sega and makes Dreamcast BC.

Woke: Microsoft buys Panasonic and reissues this.