Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

ElGroucho posted:

'Mondays, right?'

Put that text on and see how far it gets on boomer facebook. And how many different watermarks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Flint_Paper posted:

I don't see what all the fuss is about. You just take away all the bits of stone that don't look like whatever it is you want ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Exactly. It's like those kids' toys that are trapped inside an egg-shaped lump of clay. Throw it on the concrete hard enough and Pan loving a goat will just fall out.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Desert Bus posted:

These fish are surprisingly scientifically accurate so far as I can tell. Someone who knows saltwater better than I could probably ID them all easily. Neat.

It's what they et!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90PJa8rlWHY

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/alittlearrogant/status/1326910809679728643

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Sharks, Alligators and Big Cats all love to remind us that evolution honed them into perfect predators millions of years before some overdeveloped ape figured out the spear.
:krakentoot:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do gators only travel via golf course in Florida, or is all of Florida a golf course?

:thunk:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

By popular demand posted:

Sharks, Alligators and Big Cats all love to remind us that evolution honed them into perfect predators millions of years before some overdeveloped ape figured out the spear.

I know it's been posted probably more than once ITT but I wanted to watch it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je_9QhJFSR0

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Do gators only travel via golf course in Florida, or is all of Florida a golf course?

They are also in back yards and crossing the street

They travel through lots of marsh and scrub but you don't get pictures of that because poo poo is in the way

edit: but there are a FUCKTON of golf courses, yes

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You should probably just assume every fresh body of water you see in Florida has at least one gator in it. While flying over Florida it doesn't even look like a single landmass there's so much water everywhere.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

By popular demand posted:

Yeah, but then you got get to be smug and ask them about the spear.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

New silent hill/biblical angel looking good.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qkcwc6SuWE1s1ddrj.mp4

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Truly the best representation of American values:patriot:

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Yes. You want my dog, you can loving fight me for them.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
dude's also got a cigar in his mouth the entire time he's struggling with a juvenile alligator, so yeah america as hell. :patriot: puppy survived!

loving hell though, predators that will tackle prey roughly their size are crazy

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

This is 30 min long so not for everyone but it's about a 6.61km race every hour on the hour until you DNF. There is no set distance or time length - you just keep running until everyone else can't. Then you do one more lap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtomQ_Y38CA

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Inceltown posted:

This is 30 min long so not for everyone but it's about a 6.61km race every hour on the hour until you DNF. There is no set distance or time length - you just keep running until everyone else can't. Then you do one more lap.

That was super cool. I love stuff like ultra endurance runs and weird races (spectating, not participating lol).

Octavion
Apr 5, 2009

Proteus Jones posted:

That was super cool. I love stuff like ultra endurance runs and weird races (spectating, not participating lol).

You should check out The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats Its Young. It's about another ultra-marathon but across terrain mostly consisting of hills with no paths. A strange amount of people with physics PhD seem to take part for some reason.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/amazlngscience/status/1332216044828512257?s=21

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Proteus Jones posted:

Glad you liked it, it's a bit quirky so not for everyone. I'd like to actually run it one day but given 50k is the furthest I've ever gone in a day I'm a long way off winning. Just need roni to settle down a bit and give it a crack.

Octavion posted:

You should check out The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats Its Young. It's about another ultra-marathon but across terrain mostly consisting of hills with no paths. A strange amount of people with physics PhD seem to take part for some reason.

I can recommend this too as Barkley is another strange one. No one even finishes it about half the time. Seeing someone in tears at the end of the race because they got DNF'd thanking the organiser for putting on an awesome race is certainly something.

quote:

In 2017, Gary Robbins of North Vancouver, British Columbia, reached the finishing gate a mere six seconds after the 60-hour cut-off, almost becoming the 16th runner ever to complete the Barkley. However, he had taken a wrong turn in the final stages of the race, thus cutting two miles off the course; he would have been disqualified even if he had been faster.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
can also say the Barkley Marathon doc is crazy good

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/thegallowboob/status/1331768378936188929

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Is Barkley the one where the organiser sets the "entrance fee" as whatever item he needs that year, so it could be socks, or t-shirts, or whatever ?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Lady Disdain posted:

Is Barkley the one where the organiser sets the "entrance fee" as whatever item he needs that year, so it could be socks, or t-shirts, or whatever ?

The one and the same. It's just delightfully insane. I really love the part where you need to tear pages out of the books to prove you've been to the points, then people get dq'd for having returned with the wrong page.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I like that the premise behind the marathon was “that escaped prisoner was a wimp. I’d run a hunnerd miles in his shoes.”

logical fallacy
Mar 16, 2001

Dynamic Symmetry
When do they shut up and jam?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
So does this mean that Death Stranding is a secret Barkley Marathon game?

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

CzarChasm posted:

So does this mean that Death Stranding is a secret Barkley Marathon game?

Having spent about 30 hours in Death Stranding i can safely tell you that nobody knows what that game is.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Hideo Kojima is just providing an unadulterated stream of whatever voice from beyond it is that haunts his dreams at this point.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
I read in some interview he did recently that he'd consider making a feature length live action movie.

I'd watch the gently caress out of some 3 and a half hour long epic mind gently caress he created.

It'd be like some Christopher Nolan-esque creation on LSD that would have people wondering just what the gently caress they'd seen for a decade to come.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Not really my thing but if you manage to chain him to a typewriter with an LSD drip feeding into his veins that would be entertainment enough.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

dpack_1 posted:

I read in some interview he did recently that he'd consider making a feature length live action movie.

I'd watch the gently caress out of some 3 and a half hour long epic mind gently caress he created.

It'd be like some Christopher Nolan-esque creation on LSD that would have people wondering just what the gently caress they'd seen for a decade to come.

its already 12 hours of terrible cutscenes, I can't imagine what that story would be with an editor.

I did really like the delivery gameplay but the cutscenes and boss fights were terrible.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

His storytelling is really bad and unenjoyable beyond "wow, what a funny name that guy has"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Hideo is the greatest living artist

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Leon Sumbitches posted:

His storytelling is really bad and unenjoyable beyond "wow, what a funny name that guy has"

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hideo is the greatest living artist

In summary, Video James is a land of contrast.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I don't understand why he is worshipped by game nerds. I guess I didn't have a playstation as a kid so I don't get it? His plots are loving stupid. He's got a character who has magic skin or some poo poo, so of course she has to be essentially nude.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Hideous* Kojima has this amazing talent of taking ideas that sound really loving dumb on paper and making them into incredibly fun games. I haven't played Death Stranding yet- being unemployed sucks - but it holds true for the rest of his games, Imho.

* Autocorrect fail, keeping it.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I am happy that someone like Hideo is making such wonderfully bizarre games, and also happy that no one can ever force me to play one of said games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also I'm still mad about being forced to play as Raiden in that MGS game.