Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Smythe posted:

what the hell is bluemaga?

probably the liberal version of a Trump supporter?

Anything Biden says should be believed and followed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

navyjack posted:

My BlueMaga neighbor is the platonic ideal of this mindset. Her Pilates class? Fine, they all “have been tested”. Her Thanksgiving plans with 6 people from 4 households? Also, fine, they are all “being careful.” The giant Biden street parties? Oh God it’s fine they’re outside! But the Trump rallies, Notre Dame football, people at the beach? All loving stupid and why the virus is still going strong. Just stunning lack of ability to critical think.

"Rules are for thee not for me" rings so true for some people

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

minkfarme

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

facetoucher cat posted:

My doc wanted me to get on SSDI but because we own 2 really old cars and my husband makes more than 2k a month they said shove off

A whole lotta people in this country are about to get a crash course in how loving impossible it is to get on disability

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

etalian posted:

probably the liberal version of a Trump supporter?

Anything Biden says should be believed and followed!

oh i understand what it means, im not stupid of course. i just want to read 1000 words of insane ppl trying to invent whatever this thing is.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Smythe posted:

KHive, Vote Blue No Matter Who, Neera Tanden, Alyssa Milano. Anybody who doesn’t just think that Biden/Harris is preferable to Trump but they are the DemiGod saviors of our democracy. The people who when confronted with Tara Reade said “well Trump
has done a lot more rapes.”

Just as insane and delusional as Chuds, but on the other side of the blue/red divide.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

navyjack posted:

KHive, Vote Blue No Matter Who, Neera Tanden, Alyssa Milano. Anybody who doesn’t just think that Biden/Harris is preferable to Trump but they are the DemiGod saviors of our democracy. The people who when confronted with Tara Reade said “well Trump

Just as insane and delusional as Chuds, but on the other side of the blue/red divide.

Believe Science!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lacrosse posted:

A whole lotta people in this country are about to get a crash course in how loving impossible it is to get on disability

I've been seeing it second hand with my roommate for 3 years now, and it really is impossible, especially if you're not over 60, when they just break out the rubber stamp

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

facetoucher cat posted:

I just stay incredibly high or in a state of breakdown where the idea of death is appealing to me

i know this is from a few pages ago but i really vibe with this sentiment

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Smythe posted:

you would think the ppl responsible for making tom clancy: splinter cell would be able to hold their own, but once again the hypocrisy of the PMC is laid bare.

They made rainbow six siege which is literally nothing but swat operations on hostage takings over and over again. Frauds.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The most recent liberal thing I've seen over the last few months was putting up those "Support our Healthcare Heroes!" signs.

Like when people put those small bumper stickers on their cars during the invasion of Iraq.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

navyjack posted:

think those are just "libs" in contemporary "dirtbag left" internet parlance. no need for this neologism imo. conflating things.

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Dreylad posted:

ivy league cancelling sports. all those rich kids forced by their parents to do a million extracurriculars to get into a good school, make it and then it's all flushed down the drain like millions of covid poops.

it may be the first time their money can't be used to skirt around what the proles and undesirables have to deal with and it brings a small amount of solace

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
on the one hand covid is compromising national security but on the other hand who would possibly wanna get near any American

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The most effective way to rescue a hostage in Siege is to just sneak in quietly and make a run for it while everyone else is trying to get sick 360 noscopes.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Smythe posted:

think those are just "libs" in contemporary "dirtbag left" internet parlance. no need for this neologism imo. conflating things.

easier to dehumanize people if you invent a demeaning nickname for them

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Smythe posted:

Cyanosis

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Logged into our GIS portal to see the nationwide map of which sites are meeting the "reopening criteria" and yeah. How about none of them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smythe posted:

they learn enemy skill and have decent Mag Pow.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I am back from the store. Nashville COVID-19 new cases per day are probably a week from passing July levels. They've been out of all paper towels and all but the expensive toilet paper for almost two weeks, based on what I heard from other people after I stocked up two weeks ago. They were out of store brand diet cokes while I was there, too. I mean, except for the store brand Coke Zero, an imitation of an already crappy flavor. I'd saved up enough toilet paper, paper towels, and diet cokes before the supply chain started breaking again, my pantry has plenty of canned goods and beans, so I won't have to go out for a good while.

Joe Biden should be talking about minting a coin to pay people to stay home, but it's too bad he doesn't really "believe in science". The city went to Phase Three in October and the mayor isn't changing course.

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 21:26 on Nov 13, 2020

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

can’t believe I get to spend the rest of my life in the plaguelands

more likely this winter sucks a whole lot and a lot of people die, but after this the combo of some sort of vaccine + enough people with antibodies significantly reduces it.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

easier to dehumanize people if you invent a demeaning nickname for them

In Training posted:

they learn enemy skill and have decent Mag Pow.

ah, i see. i will ruminate on this. thank you

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Succbot Circlejerk posted:

Baby, you're an independent sole proprietor business owner and you've been deprived of at least eighty thousand dollars of income. Probably more. Let's get you a loan. It'll be funded by the sale of treasuries. I have the sneaking suspicion that it'll be eventually forgiven.

Let's get you some freshly printed money.

Anyone else reading this, let's get everyone here some money for the businesses they have that are suffering from this pandemic.

Mr. Empty whippet box, I believe you qualify as well.

Let's create a pipeline. We can do this. It's what our government can do in lieu of direct payments to people.

Assuming this is the right site https://covid19relief.sba.gov/#/business-info

Ok so how do I fill this stuff out? I assume just put my own full name for the business name and trade name, then my SSN. Gross revenue and cost of goods prior to The Disaster, I assume zero since I only started driving in September? If there's a way for me to get a loan from this I'll one hundred percent do it and then try to sit on the money in case they actually want me to repay it.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

more likely this winter sucks a whole lot and a lot of people die, but after this the combo of some sort of vaccine + enough people with antibodies significantly reduces it.

lol its gonna be endemic like the flu, hitting us every winter for the foreseeable future. just with a significantly higher death rate and long term health effects. i'm gonna laugh if it tilts the human race into negative population growth

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

galenanorth posted:

Joe Biden should be talking about minting a coin to pay people to stay home, but it's too bad he doesn't really "believe in science". The city went to Phase Three in October and the mayor isn't changing course.

It's pretty hilarious how the whole phase system ended up just smoke and mirrors for Open It up!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Lacrosse posted:

a family friend actually has lupus, is super disabled, and it took her 3 years to get on ssdi. she had a lawyer and oh yeah her brother was a high level politician. i frankly don't even understand how people get on it with how hard it was for her

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

6.37% in CT today. Still allowing indoor dining though because America as a whole is at the mercy of the petty tyrant small business owner

my sister's town in PA is at 12.5% :(

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

I passed this on to the showrunner of the tv series

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Wamsutta posted:

6.37% in CT today. Still allowing indoor dining though because America as a whole is at the mercy of the petty tyrant small business owner

At least you have a COVID app now

https://twitter.com/GovNedLamont/status/1327034691459936256

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

520k cases at 3:30 PM on Worldometers - 700k+ today? :thunk:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Pharmaskittle posted:

Assuming this is the right site https://covid19relief.sba.gov/#/business-info

Ok so how do I fill this stuff out? I assume just put my own full name for the business name and trade name, then my SSN. Gross revenue and cost of goods prior to The Disaster, I assume zero since I only started driving in September? If there's a way for me to get a loan from this I'll one hundred percent do it and then try to sit on the money in case they actually want me to repay it.

website has an expiration date at the top?

Expiration Date: 10/31/2020

or is that just for the "form"

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

we did it!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Wamsutta posted:

my sister's town in PA is at 12.5% :(

Imagine living in the type of failed state that had 12.5% positivity rates for testing.

gently caress.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

12 mil by next Thursday

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

I passed this on to the showrunner of the tv series

Would be like the planet of apes remakes except with Minks.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mastershakeman posted:

a family friend actually has lupus, is super disabled, and it took her 3 years to get on ssdi. she had a lawyer and oh yeah her brother was a high level politician. i frankly don't even understand how people get on it with how hard it was for her

My roommate is on her 4th layer now, the government just drags and drags and drags when it comes to ssdi.

She's actually about 4 months behind schedule, because she had an exam the week that Ohio did something about COVID, so they just sat on everything until they decided to opener up that part of government.

The fact of the matter is, she was denied 2 months ago, and her lawyers appealed for a hearing, which she got notice of a week or two ago, but the hearing won't be until February.

Fact of the matter is that anyone with a pair of eyes could look at her MRI and say "yep, that's one hosed up spine," but nope, it's just drag things out and deny.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

okay but how long until the us is beating all other countries combined

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

inferis posted:

okay but how long until the us is beating all other countries combined

December 18th

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Big beautiful curves. Big league numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
idph director saying that there were delays in reporting today so the 15k numbers don't include everything and expect tomorrow to be extra high. lmbo