Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Rob Riggle as Coach Physical Instrument

Whoever played Wormtongue as Drama

Leonard Nemoy (wait is he dead?) as Logic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Neemoy is dead, yeah :(

Edward James Olmos as Volition.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
My great ideatm was that it should be the same voice actor as the main character, but each skill is recorded using a different microphone/studio/location and, preferably, with a unique tone/emotion or whatever to give the most possible texture to the voice and make them instantly recognizable from each other. Electrochemistry could come across like a phone call from your ultra-hyped friend waiting in line outside of a disco or something. That kind of thing. But there are so many skills!

I think full skill voice acting would be a nigh-impossible challenge, from a thematic perspective. Maybe occasionally like other characters? The most entertaining moments to voice act would be when the skills argue with each other. Otherwise, I bet it's easier to communicate "this skill(aka yourself) is lying to you, but even it doesn't know that, probably, so it has your best interest at heart?" in a way that is a slow discovery for the player. With voice acting, it might be too obvious or too unclear unless the voice direction is absolutely top-notch. But with $TEXAS, they might pull it off...

Now, also get it perfect for every one of the supported languages :psyboom:

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Whoever voiced Dr Rockso the Rock and Roll Clown as Electrochemistry

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Roumba posted:

My great ideatm was that it should be the same voice actor as the main character, but each skill is recorded using a different microphone/studio/location and, preferably, with a unique tone/emotion or whatever to give the most possible texture to the voice and make them instantly recognizable from each other. Electrochemistry could come across like a phone call from your ultra-hyped friend waiting in line outside of a disco or something. That kind of thing. But there are so many skills!

I mean this is kind of what they did with Ancient Reptilian Brain and Limbic System already

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Visual Calculus can be the dude who played Will Graham in Hannibal

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Roumba posted:

easy, just get Billy West

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Whoever played Wormtongue as Drama

This motherfucker doesn't have Brad Dourif's name at the tip of his tongue.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Arrhythmia posted:

This motherfucker doesn't have Brad Dourif's name at the tip of his tongue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dP4Uwf4bfk

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

overeager overeater posted:

Incidentally, if you had the millions to make the game fully voice-acted, who would you cast for the various skills?

all of them would be Gilbert Gottfried in various states of mental wellness

with the exception of Shivers, which would be the voice of Porky Pig

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

MUH-M-ME-MUH-MY HEART IS THE WUH-W-WAH-W-WIND CORRIDOR. THE BEH-BUH-BEE-BUH-BOTTOM OF MY EH-EH-AIR IS RI-RI-REE-RUH-RED. I HEH-HUH-HAH-HAVE A HUNDRED THOUSAND LEE-LUH-LEE-LUH-LUMINOUS A-A-A-ARMS.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Whoever voiced Dr Rockso the Rock and Roll Clown as Electrochemistry

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Dude isn't even unused to video game acting, he slays in Myst 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8SvzLuQs0M&t=26s

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

overeager overeater posted:

Incidentally, if you had the millions to make the game fully voice-acted, who would you cast for the various skills?
Wayne June as Drama.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I'm now chuckling at the idea of the skills voiced by looney tunes/warner bros characters

half light played by the tasmanian devil, reaction speed by speedy gonzales, encyclopedia by the brain, electrochemistry by pepe le pew

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pepe Le Pew is Suggestion

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Žižek for Rhetoric, of course.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

1. Dr Rockso for Electro-Chemistry is loving perfect.

2. Isn’t Brad Dourif the guy who did the voice of Chucky, and also played the human who proceeded him, Charles Lee Ray?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
That said, if I had infinite money, time and resources, I'd hire ZAUM to do a remastered version of Fallen London.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

Pepe Le Pew is Suggestion

how did I not see this :negative:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Drama's canon voice is clearly Limbic System :colbert:

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

EorayMel posted:

Drama's canon voice is clearly Limbic System :colbert:

Nah, Limbic System is its own thing. Here’s the voice for Drama

https://youtu.be/dmZSkWBJwBU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Not one single suggestion for Werner Herzog. Goddamn disgraceful.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Wayne June as Drama.

Oh my God.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

World War Mammories posted:

I'm now chuckling at the idea of the skills voiced by looney tunes/warner bros characters

half light played by the tasmanian devil, reaction speed by speedy gonzales, encyclopedia by the brain, electrochemistry by pepe le pew

Who's Pinky?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Visual Calculus

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

starring ALL THREE OF THE ANIMANIACS as ANCIENT REPTILLIAN BRAIN

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

there's one episode where pinky explains how he came to one of his absurd conclusions and it's surprisingly complex

so probably inland empire

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Call me slow but it took me almost an hour before I realized the skills are characters in their own right. Up to then the writing was just utter nonsense :v:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The skills are basically party members. (or in one interpretation, competing Dungeon Masters)

Oh, a lot about Klassje makes sense if you consider her Drama must be through the roof.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Arrhythmia posted:

Dude isn't even unused to video game acting, he slays in Myst 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8SvzLuQs0M&t=26s

yeah, i don't think you're supposed to get stockholm syndrome for videogame characters, but he made me hate Atrus.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Drama should be Hedonism Bot from Futurama.

EDIT: Wait, no, Calculon's acting voice.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

Visual Calculus

Pattonesque posted:

there's one episode where pinky explains how he came to one of his absurd conclusions and it's surprisingly complex

so probably inland empire

both a'these work for me

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

starring ALL THREE OF THE ANIMANIACS as ANCIENT REPTILLIAN BRAIN

AND NOW, THE NATIONS OF ELYSIUM, BROUGHT TO YOU BY.... THE ANCIENT REPTILIAN BRAIN!
Sur-la-Clef, Oranje, Tien-En and Mesque, Messina and Yugo-Graad...

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Discuss.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

This dialogue gives you +1 to Renee's white composure check, lol.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

I hadn't seen any pictures of what could actually be done on that wall but my god it's glorious.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's surprisingly tidy handwriting

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

That Harry portrait brings me pain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004