Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

Shageletic posted:

This was under the SBA? Why are so many bars and restaurants closing when its this easy to get money?

Probably because they didn't know about it. I know that there was whole lot talk about PPP, but barely next to nothing about the SBA.

In Training posted:

actually they shoul dkeep helping goons commit fraud with a public paper trail bc its funny.

It's not fraud as long you call yourself an entrepreneur!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Substandard posted:

I think I'm becoming an anti-mask truther.

Like, I'm 100% sure they help, but also my county health department keeps sending out increasingly dire numbers along with reminders to wear masks, stay 6 feet apart, and wash your hands. We've had a county mask mandate for months that people mostly seem to be following and our numbers have been getting worse the whole time. It's increasingly obvious that the focus on masks is the new wiping down surfaces, and it's all just propaganda to distract us from the fact that the gov. is doing literally nothing to make anything better.

Wear a mask and make the bars close at 10 is not getting it done, and is never going to get it done. Unless they are actually going to shut things down we are just going to have to die through it until we get a vaccine. Why is everyone in charge an incompetent moron?

Don't worry though, today we just moved to the "orange" level, which means nothing and will accompany no additional actions by any level of gov.

Are you implying that individual behavior change is unlikely to fix a systemic problem!?

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Chamale posted:

I definitely see the point that masks are being used as a magic amulet that protects against infection, and an excuse to otherwise OPEN ER UP. Like here in Alberta, where they discourage inviting over anyone with a mask, and instead recommend going to bars, restaurants, shows, and sporting events.

yeah the double message is loving insane and we'll see how it pans out in a week :(

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Chamale posted:

I definitely see the point that masks are being used as a magic amulet that protects against infection, and an excuse to otherwise OPEN ER UP. Like here in Alberta, where they discourage inviting over anyone with a mask, and instead recommend going to bars, restaurants, shows, and sporting events.

lmao when the whl starts back up again in two months

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Squinky v2.0 posted:

not sure I get your point

masking up is a thing we know is effective, especially relative to the minimal amount of effort involved

you’re correct that it kinda doesn’t matter if people are just gonna go rub each other’s butts & faces at a bar somewhere

but why is that a knock against masks? the rate of spread would be even worse without them

I'm still wearing a mask. We are all wearing masks, yet the hospitals are overwhelmed. At this point all of the government warnings about wearing a mask is just to try to make the virus about personal responsibility, and I think that we need actual restrictions. Like close all the bars and restaurants / no in person schools / ban in person church services / etc.

I feel like at least in my area, they have started with the assumption that we are not going to close schools or restaurants or whatever, so we just need to yell at people to do the best they can given our total failure to help.

Wearing a mask helps and is easy, so we should do it, but it is not going to fix the problem by itself. That's my only point.

Marzzle posted:

the country has to shut down indoor maskless poo poo and super spreader locations (bars, gyms, restaurants) but it's really unpopular because everyone is dumb as hell

This is what I'm saying.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I wish people wore masks where I live. I think 1 in 10 people I see have one on outside walking around.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rah! posted:

things are getting worse because not enough people are taking the necessary precautions, such as wearing a mask, or wearing them right, or social distancing, or not licking the bus floor

its not because masks dont work lol

Yeah, this is exactly it, it's why I upgraded to respirator all the time. I can't rely on even anyone I work with to wear a mask at all times, so I have to rely on myself.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol this really triggered the chuds

https://twitter.com/martin_samoylov/status/1326618020333150208

Chud: "gently caress social distancing I'm going to have a party on thanksgiving and there's nothing you can do about it"

random twitter person reports it

Chuds: "YOU KILLED ANNE FRANK"

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Louisgod posted:

I'm genuinely confused how COVID isn't pushing people to have a existential crisis of sorts relative to how easily and quickly their reality can just fuckin end. the fear of death sucks rear end.

"God is testing me. Belief in Covid is a test."
*Dies believing they are going to heaven. No self-reflection. No Change in their view of reality.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

my workplace has loud machines so everyone gets real close and pulls down their mask while screaming droplets everywhere, they also walk directly down the middle of eight foot wide hallways and cough directly into their hands in the lunchroom if they bother to cover it at all

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Substandard posted:

Like, I'm 100% sure they help, but also my county health department keeps sending out increasingly dire numbers along with reminders to wear masks, stay 6 feet apart, and wash your hands. We've had a county mask mandate for months that people mostly seem to be following and our numbers have been getting worse the whole time. It's increasingly obvious that the focus on masks is the new wiping down surfaces, and it's all just propaganda to distract us from the fact that the gov. is doing literally nothing to make anything better.

Wear a mask and make the bars close at 10 is not getting it done, and is never going to get it done. Unless they are actually going to shut things down we are just going to have to die through it until we get a vaccine. Why is everyone in charge an incompetent moron?

Don't worry though, today we just moved to the "orange" level, which means nothing and will accompany no additional actions by any level of gov.

in january orange alert will disappear imo

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
what's even better is that there are still tons of people that wear their masks but don't cover their nose, or somehow still think faceshields are acceptable as if the virus just magically doesn't go under the loving shield.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Squinky v2.0 posted:

not sure I get your point

masking up is a thing we know is effective, especially relative to the minimal amount of effort involved

you’re correct that it kinda doesn’t matter if people are just gonna go rub each other’s butts & faces at a bar somewhere

but why is that a knock against masks? the rate of spread would be even worse without them

I think (?) they're suggesting that there's no point if the government offers no help and spread is so uncontrolled that you have a 99% chance of catching it in public

asian countries have proven that masks work if you have competent enforcement, tracing, and support services. and half the public isn't spitting in each others mouths to spite Big Gubmint

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Lmao Ubisoft was a hoax. Someone swatted them

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

people who pull the mask under their chin to talk make me want to do legit violence

JUST TALK WITH THE loving MASK ON. IT STILL WORKS. TRY IT. I PROMISE. JUST loving TALK WITH THE loving MASK OVER YOUR loving PIE HOLE OH MY GOD

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Louisgod posted:

what's even better is that there are still tons of people that wear their masks but don't cover their nose, or somehow still think faceshields are acceptable as if the virus just magically doesn't go under the loving shield.

my work recently required people to go to district reasonable accommodation committee if they want to wear face shields but the obvious accommodation of not having them work with other people

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Louisgod posted:

the problem is, a lot of places faceshields were advertised as an alternate for people who couldn't wear masks. I suspect not being able to wear masks was bullshit because masks are super easy.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Chamale posted:

What's the best deal on bulk surgical masks? Going to start handing them out to every unmasked dumbass I see

my wife just got these and they're very comfy, offer better protection than cotton and dont fog my glasses as much

https://penguinhealth.co/product/surgical-mask-astm-level-3-box-of-50-approved-by-health-canada/

facetoucher cat posted:

someone mad they put girls in their viking game

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

facetoucher cat posted:

its ubisoft + crunch time. how're the police supposed to tell who's a hostage and who's not?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

my body my choice to infect u

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
my waifu has a secondary (possibly primary) exposure at work. her coworker's dad went to the doctor due to low SpO2 and her mom tested positive. we don't know the results yet.

looks like thanksgiving is cancelled

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

spacemang_spliff posted:

my waifu has a secondary (possibly primary) exposure at work. her coworker's dad went to the doctor due to low SpO2 and her mom tested positive. we don't know the results yet.

it was already cancelled

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Louisgod posted:

When I voted one of the poll workers had only the face shield on and I got sick there and I'm still really mad about it.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

spacemang_spliff posted:

Should have been cancelled already

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

:siren: THIS ISN'T FINALIZED DON'T DO ANYTHING WITH IT :siren:

did yall want anything else added to it, or does someone want to take over and make it more fun? i can link the psd file

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm confused if you have it or not. If so be safe and get well.

I hope they all get it and spread it to friends and family.
i have no virus, thank you

yet

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

i'll clap my loving butt cheeks

freedom

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I wasn't planning on having people over btw.

I was hoping to at least stop by family for a few minutes to do something outside while distancing, but we're not doing that either.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Pharmaskittle posted:

Assuming this is the right site https://covid19relief.sba.gov/#/business-info

Ok so how do I fill this stuff out? I assume just put my own full name for the business name and trade name, then my SSN. Gross revenue and cost of goods prior to The Disaster, I assume zero since I only started driving in September? If there's a way for me to get a loan from this I'll one hundred percent do it and then try to sit on the money in case they actually want me to repay it.

Yup. That being said, the size of the loan is determined by Revenue-COGs/2 in the automated system and they want to see that you were in operation prior to 1/31/2020. These are mostly automated decisions that rely on a credit screen first too. If you get an offer you might get asked to upload last years tax returns or a P&L statement. Any/all decisions can be appealed/escalated/sent to your congressman for additional "special treatment", which is the hellworld where it sounds like Succbot got to live.

There's a solid community of aggregated FAQ's here

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Substandard posted:

The people at the bars until 10 aren't wearing masks.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Chamale posted:

What's the best deal on bulk surgical masks? Going to start handing them out to every unmasked dumbass I see

i see random ones on amazon on sale/with coupons/promo codes a lot, i've been fine with the ones i've received from random sellers. you can usually tell when the reviews are fake/fucky. if i come across anything i try to post them here

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Trump just said he's not giving the vaccine to New York because Cuomo wasn't nice to him

lol

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

re: masks, it would be a lot better if people went only for life sustaining things (work, groceries, meds, doctor's appointments) and spent minimal time doing so, and wearing a mask in these situations is extremely important and reduces the risk

except people are going out for other reasons (restaurants, bars, shopping, whatever) and masked or not they are close together inside, taking unnecessary risks, and often not wearing a mask because they're eating, drinking or just feel comfortable enough not to wear one. and they somehow think wearing a mask up until the moment you sit down at a restaurant somehow stops you from spitting particles everywhere for the hour you're drinking, talking and eating????

this is why shutting the other poo poo down is so important, don't loving give these morons a reason to go out, and they won't, they'll just congregate in their homes to drink and kill each other and not have any other place to spread it

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

El Mero Mero posted:

Yup. That being said, the size of the loan is determined by Revenue-COGs/2 in the automated system and they want to see that you were in operation prior to 1/31/2020. These are mostly automated decisions that rely on a credit screen first too. If you get an offer you might get asked to upload last years tax returns or a P&L statement. Any/all decisions can be appealed/escalated/sent to your congressman for additional "special treatment", which is the hellworld where it sounds like Succbot got to live.

There's a solid community of aggregated FAQ's here

Ah well, I only started doing doordash at the beginning of September, so I guess I don't qualify. Bummer, but I didn't expect much different.

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003

MorrisBae posted:

Trump just said he's not giving the vaccine to New York because Cuomo wasn't nice to him

lol

https://twitter.com/acresofbeauty/status/1327365784792862725

lmao

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Thoguh posted:

The people at the bars until 10 aren't wearing masks.

It's this. Schools, bars/restaurants and work are 99% of it. Posting this again:

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_...ed.html?rel=mas

Note in the restaurant case the people who overlapped for 18 minutes did not get it, the people that overlapped for an "extended" period of time did.

I am convinced that if we limited all interactions to <15 minutes, didn't talk into each others faces and when we HAD to (eye exam, dental work) everybody wore PPE it'd all be over in 2 weeks. This of course means that school, office work and public eating/drinking go away and that's apparently unacceptable.

I am aware of the elevator case and other instances of brief contact being transmission, but these have to be a very, very small percentage.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

nussy lookin tight there

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Not-Fauci said they'll only have 20 million EUA doses ready be December if both candidates get approved, and then 20 million per month after, with more doses possible in February

We're hosed

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

MorrisBae posted:

Not-Fauci said they'll only have 20 million EUA doses ready be December if both candidates get approved, and then 20 million per month after, with more doses possible in February

We're hosed

that's like 1/4 of what they were saying by the end of 2021 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

well, that's one way to have your properties torched