Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taYr1urdL9I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Pretty good posted:

It's the humming that makes it

gotta act casual around a witcher

Impressive dive

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I'd probably do the same after taking a fist to the face from kiryu.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I'd probably do the same after taking a fist to the face from kiryu.

:same: just yeet myself in the canal no regrets

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
If you are trapped in a burning skyscraper, ask Kiryu to throw you out of the window, because it's nonlethal when he does it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you'll be rocking gently on your heels while clutching your arm for a while afterwards, though; at least until you walk offscene

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Horses and ballistae are a great combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSRLgcVegU4

(Mordhau)

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Imagine you're a medieval foot soldier and suddenly a screaming, flailing horse-meteor nearly lands on your head. Trauma of a lifetime right there.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

people actually did that, though usually it was a dead horse (or cow) and they were trying to get it into a besieged town's water supply. or so i heard.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Age of Empires was right all along :aaa:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Doc Hawkins posted:

people actually did that, though usually it was a dead horse (or cow) and they were trying to get it into a besieged town's water supply. or so i heard.
That and spreading disease among the defending population, yeah. It was basically a medieval attempt at biological warfare.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Doc Hawkins posted:

Fetchez la vache!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/9OigGx9.mp4
My torch in AC Odyssey somehow lost its flame. I could probably fix it by restarting the game, but honestly I kinda like having it as an unthreatening glowstick that still secretly carries the power of fire.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

It's probably soaked in wood alcohol. That gives invisible flames.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

It's probably soaked in wood alcohol. That gives invisible flames.

invisible yet illuminating flames?

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
This was years ago, so it may have been patched, but in KOTOR 2 with the content restoration mod:
If you save at least one jedi master and kill at least one jedi master, when you get to the ruins on Dantooine, the surviving masters attack you. If you lure them over to the fountain where Kria is sitting, they will attack and kill her. Permanently. She does not get up after the battle. Congratulations, you just won the game! You didn't have to slog through the final planet, and you got a better ending because your crew and ship are still intact.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Well I finally restarted the game and my flames back :(

I finally broke down because a couple object markers were acting annoyingly weird, one showing up way outside the range that it should have, and the other being permanently attached to my horse even while riding it. Maybe one of those games that gradually breaks down and gets weirder the longer you go suspending it rather than closing it between sessions.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
just had a strange encounter

https://i.imgur.com/iuu7gxz.gifv

moist turtleneck has a new favorite as of 23:40 on Nov 13, 2020

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

speen

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

doing the 80s breakdance spin move with your dick as the pivot is very harmful, please do not try it yourself even if a demon from hell/space also did it

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1327518513120985088

“Hey Miles, you okay?”

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

After 45 years, the Wall finally gets his revenge

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I hope they never change a thing about the ragdolls

https://i.imgur.com/RMFwAZr.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/X9ZremG.mp4

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Mentioned this in the steam thread but thought this thread might get a laugh too.

Oneechanbara Origin came out like a month ago on PC and has had problems. Patches haven't helped a whole lot either. for Nvidia users they found some workaround setting in the drivers somewhere, but AMD users have been stuck with an unplayable game for a month. Well, someone, somehow, figured out that if you launch an android emulator and leave that running while playing the game, it's fine?? All the weird FPS and stuttering sound is gone. Played it a few hours tonight without a hitch. It doesn't even have to be a specific emulator, more than one, maybe any? seems to work. What the hell, computers?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:yeshaha: Perfect sequel hook

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Buttchocks posted:

This was years ago, so it may have been patched, but in KOTOR 2 with the content restoration mod:
If you save at least one jedi master and kill at least one jedi master, when you get to the ruins on Dantooine, the surviving masters attack you. If you lure them over to the fountain where Kria is sitting, they will attack and kill her. Permanently. She does not get up after the battle. Congratulations, you just won the game! You didn't have to slog through the final planet, and you got a better ending because your crew and ship are still intact.

It’s the kind of clever that fits with her teachings too; use one enemy against another!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

didn't know where else to post this

https://twitter.com/Lucretiel/status/1327481894771056640

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Scientists and philosophers DID say we have a 50/50 chance now of being in a simulation recently.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Not a glitch but close enough:

https://twitter.com/CoreyLaddo/status/1327644896891637766

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Doubly funny because this is totally what I half-expected to happen the first time I saw that moment in the game.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
the "good ending"

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LifeSunDeath posted:

the "good ending"

"Alyx is dead and Gordon is probably dead too, now stop whining about half life 3"

-Gaben

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7xzP8iY8-g

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:science: or :smugwizard:?

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008

GyverMac posted:

"Alyx is dead and Gordon is probably dead too, now stop whining about half life 3"

-Gaben

I don't know how, but when I read this I involuntarily read '-Gaben' in Gaben's voice in my head.

Anyway. In agents of Mayhem, you could drive so fast you would suddenly cross-over into the low-rez dimension and stop completely dead on the threshold https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/858355971064503724/F887805ECAB120A7F27DECAE28DA05EDA2C8145C/.

That game was a mess at launch, but I had my fun.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/u86Wbms.mp4
Here's a minor character model bugaboo I found in AC Valhalla, if you use the command to focus on something in a cutscene but then go into photo mode, it swaps your normal face model into what looks like a cro magnon or something. Every other time I've used photo mode, things look great way up close. The funny thing is, it only triggers at close range, the exact opposite of what I expect with model swaps.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Maudite simulator looking good

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Bomrek posted:

Hey folks, i was hoping you could help me find a video of a not-quite glitch i remember seeing sometime within the last 5 years.

It was some fantasy game where the final boss captured the player characters one true love at the end of the game, so you have to conduct a rescue mission. The only problem is that the game chooses the character you have the highest social score with as your one true love, leading to a lot of players finding out that the innkeeper or weaponsmith was their fated one in the eleventh hour.

I can't for the life of me remember the name of this game, and Google has no idea what I'm trying to find. Anyone have a lead?
One of the possibilities is also a 9 year old.

They did make it so merchants (with the exception of two) have a ridiculously high ceiling to trigger it. And the system is convoluted in that if you have several people with maxed affection then the person that you talk to last before going to fight the dragon is the one that gets picked. It's really easy to have every single plot-related npc absolutely in love with you after a couple of playthroughs. You can fix this by killing them or carrying around a fart in a jar to make people not like you. Killed npc's respawn after a few days.

Dragon's Dogma is completely batshit and hosed up in all the best ways. Highly recommend a playthrough, it's available on pretty much every platform from the 360 onward.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I think they made it so you didn't get credit for talking to a merchant for the true love thing unless you actually chose the "talk to" option, just using the shop didn't count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

SubponticatePoster posted:

One of the possibilities is also a 9 year old.

They did make it so merchants (with the exception of two) have a ridiculously high ceiling to trigger it. And the system is convoluted in that if you have several people with maxed affection then the person that you talk to last before going to fight the dragon is the one that gets picked. It's really easy to have every single plot-related npc absolutely in love with you after a couple of playthroughs. You can fix this by killing them or carrying around a fart in a jar to make people not like you. Killed npc's respawn after a few days.

Dragon's Dogma is completely batshit and hosed up in all the best ways. Highly recommend a playthrough, it's available on pretty much every platform from the 360 onward.

They even give you a special item you are specifically supposed to give to your one true love but all it actually does is just max out their affection when you give it to them, something which can happen naturally in a lot of other ways. So you can basically propose to an NPC and then have a totally different NPC show up in the ending bit as your love interest.