Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Housh posted:

It's really stupid and I hope COD patches this to toggle in the game.

You have to close the game. Go to Settings>Save Data and Game/App Settings>Game Presets>Performance Mode Or Resolution Mode>Change from Automatic to Performance.

Then when you go back into COD, it will be running in Performance at 120hz.

Thanks!

And that is really stupid way of doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

The campaign was extremely dumb

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Pivo posted:

The campaign was extremely dumb

I just started it and hard agree.

I mean I knew I was basically getting "Michael Bay: FPS" with the campaign but it's laughably bad how many basic things they somehow manage to gently caress up.

So Reagan is telling his counter-terrorism squad to start going after terrorists for the Iranian hostage crisis eight days before he's officially sworn in? I mean you could be charitable and say the writers knew what they were doing but lol if you buy that after years of terrible writing. Also treating the Iranian revolution as "Well it was just terrorism!" is stupid as gently caress

The gameplay is fun though!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
People expecting a smart or nuanced COD game in tyool 2020

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Where dat woke cod?

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

funkmeister posted:

Where dat woke cod?

post credit minimission speed run at chris kyles gun range

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Handsome Ralph posted:

I just started it and hard agree.

I mean I knew I was basically getting "Michael Bay: FPS" with the campaign but it's laughably bad how many basic things they somehow manage to gently caress up.

So Reagan is telling his counter-terrorism squad to start going after terrorists for the Iranian hostage crisis eight days before he's officially sworn in? I mean you could be charitable and say the writers knew what they were doing but lol if you buy that after years of terrible writing. Also treating the Iranian revolution as "Well it was just terrorism!" is stupid as gently caress

The gameplay is fun though!

It’s 2020 you can’t argue a COD campaign is unrealistic or silly after the last 7-8 months. Reality is more unrealistic then a COD campaign at this point.

That said the gameplay and mission construction is excellent, very little fat, and honestly it really is just a Golan Globus Canon action film (which may explain why I’m more forgiving since I love those movies). lol

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It’s 2020 you can’t argue a COD campaign is unrealistic or silly after the last 7-8 months. Reality is more unrealistic then a COD campaign at this point.

That said the gameplay and mission construction is excellent, very little fat, and honestly it really is just a Golan Globus Canon action film (which may explain why I’m more forgiving since I love those movies). lol

I can call it silly, but I can also recognize big stupid fun when I see it and this game is big stupid fun.

Also the 80's synthwave music in this game is totally my jam and I love it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Handsome Ralph posted:

I can call it silly, but I can also recognize big stupid fun when I see it and this game is big stupid fun.

Also the 80's synthwave music in this game is totally my jam and I love it.

:same:

Jack Wall was a perfect fit for the game (I know he’s been used before), but funny enough Jade empire and mass effect really worked as a great groundwork for Wall’s score for this game.

Also :lol: at the poor bastard who plays this game ripped/high and expects a standard mil game. Oh man are they in for a trip.

I guess I’m just happy that Treyarch and Raven put in the time to do something different than the standard COD campaign (which honestly is something that’s been evident since world at war).

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

Hit the options button when looking at the icon on the PS5 dash and scroll down to the “game version” option that pops up in that menu

I looked it up and its a wide spread issue where when you try to download the PS5 version, the button says that the download is queued, but there is no download. Only option is a full factory reset or to wait for a patch which considering how common the issue is, shouldn't be too far off.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
reagan has less screen time in this game than jfk did in blops 1, excusing some bits during the ending where he's just asking someone else to deliver exposition

it's about as dumb as the other blops games

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Starting sniper rifle is lol levels of broken with any attachments, the hipfire one makes you accurate from about 20 ft more consistently then intended I hope. Absolute blast but can imagine everyone will be using that tomorrow

Also shotguns are apparently the sign of tryhard, or so the deathmic screeches told us tonight.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
BVA's thoughts after 4 hours or so today, unscripted stream of consciousness:

-It takes so much time between unlocking weapon attachments; while a ton of stuff in MW was absolutely just "filler", there's this huge feeling of grind that I don't miss from earlier CoDs

-I keep having bullets not go past little pieces of the map/scenery or whatever - this is most noticeable during tense SNIPER DUELS but it's so disheartening to have a bullet just...stop...on a desk edge or something when it's not on my scope

-I think it's because MW was so good/it was still so popular still to today, having such little amount of content/maps/whatever is really painful

-No Tactical Sprint makes me feel sooooo slow

-Having bullet drop and poo poo in MP is less fun, save that for warzone plz

-MW was/is better I think but I hope to give this a fair try

-I have gotten no less than 5 compliments on my full Doritos attire

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Anyone else's reticles upside down?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

are cartel and moscow the only maps in this game ?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Anyone else some strangeness with HDR calibration on PC? I'm on a B7 OLED and with the calibration I have to lower the first two white points images down to a value of 20 for the text to become legible. Is that normal? Image looks somewhat washed out ingame as well.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
My biggest issue is with the netcode/servers/feeling like getting hit by 6 bullets at once. It's fun and the maps that are in the game are pretty fun - certainly better than the launch MW maps by a mile - but it needs more content and the weapon attachments unlock at a glacial pace.

I like the effort that went into the weapons in MW but these are also pretty satisfying to use. It's cool to have a useable burst weapon. Hopefully the m16 doesn't get nerfed into the ground. AK seems really good.

pacerhimself fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Nov 14, 2020

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

pacerhimself posted:

it needs more content and the weapon attachments unlock at a glacial pace.

Does anyone know where the xp token menu is, or is there even one? They offer one with the CARE weapons pack but i was hoping all my useless weapon xp tokens for MW carried over.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Qmass posted:

are cartel and moscow the only maps in this game ?
This is why map voting loving sucks

unless it's voting between Rust and Shipment :smugbert:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Clavavisage posted:

Does anyone know where the xp token menu is, or is there even one? They offer one with the CARE weapons pack but i was hoping all my useless weapon xp tokens for MW carried over.

its to the left of the MOTD. they don't.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
The first BLOPS had a much smarter campaign in comparison. It was still ridiculous, but everything mostly came together and formed something resembling a story.

The public really didnt give infinite warfare enough credit for its fantastic campaign because gamerz didn't like the online shootmans portion for reasons

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dpulex posted:

The first BLOPS had a much smarter campaign in comparison. It was still ridiculous, but everything mostly came together and formed something resembling a story.

The public really didnt give infinite warfare enough credit for its fantastic campaign because gamerz didn't like the online shootmans portion for reasons

Infinite Warfare is criminally underrated and a lot of ideas in this Blops comes from this.

Also first Blops had Gary Oldman to help push it along, on the bright side Mason doesn’t appear to be voiced by Sam Worthington anymore so that’s a plus.

Mummy Napkin
Mar 18, 2018
Dumb question: if I get this game on disc, am I still going to pretty much have to download a bunch of garbage anyway? I'm wanting to grab it for the XBONE, but don't really want to have to wait to download it tonight and just grab it on the way home.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Man it shouldn't surprise me but already seeing max level people does

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 15, 2020

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Rank is fine, weapon levels are sloooow.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Mummy Napkin posted:

Dumb question: if I get this game on disc, am I still going to pretty much have to download a bunch of garbage anyway? I'm wanting to grab it for the XBONE, but don't really want to have to wait to download it tonight and just grab it on the way home.

This is probably the worst game in existence for forcing you to download a bunch of extra garbage.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah ranking up doesn't seem too awful slow. I'm already into the 20s with 4h played.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
How does this Zombies compare to past ones? I just played a round and had a great time, wondering if I’ve been missing out all these years. Haven’t played a Zombies mode since Black Ops 1

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
[Someone]: So what guns are OP?

[PredAward]: They all suck!

[Everyone]: :roflolmao:

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
I'm excited for new maps to come in, because there were a few levels in single player(and 100% Red Light Green Light) that I would love to play as in multiplayer.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Pivo posted:

Rank is fine, weapon levels are sloooow.

Play zombies, it levels up weapons stupid fast.

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Aw hell, I played uh... COD 4 which was the fist modern warfare, and I liked it. Then there was COD BLOPS the first, with alex mason and his buddy gary oldman/brad pitt/fight club. Also pretty good. I seem to like the basic formula but I've been out of the genre for years now.

Should I buy this one or go with infinite warfare, I mostly just want to do the dumb story (SR-71, and/or C130 gunship sections hell yeah) and try hard for a few days in multiplayer.

- This seems to have zombies, is it good in single player? COD BLOPS had some amazing presidential content, and Moon zombies?
- Infinite warfare has space, but I missed it. Worth going back to?
- Screw blizzard for putting this trash in the launcher, booooo

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

My real life last name was too inappropriate for the game's campaign, so I went with Warkrimz

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
Here's hoping neon warcrimes will help dull the seasonal holiday depression. Time to click mans and receive seratonin.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The objective-based modes would be instantly improved if they simply deleted all sniper rifles.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

palindrome posted:

Aw hell, I played uh... COD 4 which was the fist modern warfare, and I liked it. Then there was COD BLOPS the first, with alex mason and his buddy gary oldman/brad pitt/fight club. Also pretty good. I seem to like the basic formula but I've been out of the genre for years now.

Should I buy this one or go with infinite warfare, I mostly just want to do the dumb story (SR-71, and/or C130 gunship sections hell yeah) and try hard for a few days in multiplayer.

- This seems to have zombies, is it good in single player? COD BLOPS had some amazing presidential content, and Moon zombies?
- Infinite warfare has space, but I missed it. Worth going back to?
- Screw blizzard for putting this trash in the launcher, booooo

Infinite Warfare is actually really fun and good and clearly is the inspiration for a lot of the campaign mechanics.

The story in this game is good dumb fun, it’s short, but it’s really lean and only one level, which is narrative in purpose kind of drags, but it’s not horrible. Also Sam Worthington no longer voices Mason so no more torture Aussie trying to sound America (flip side is Hudson is neither Ed Harris or Michael Keaton and Woods is different...but sounds pretty drat close)

Also hey follow guy who plays COD games for the story.

That said team death match last was so fun with Max fov and at 120hz. Goddamn it is so fast paced.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 15, 2020

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
For those still playing the PS4 version of the game on a PS5, here's how to fix it.

Edit: it's a 100+ GB download

https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist/status/1327480951501426688?s=20

https://twitter.com/TmarTn/status/1327309526446596096?s=19

McLarenF1 fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Nov 15, 2020

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

McLarenF1 posted:

For those still playing the PS4 version of the game on a PS5, here's how to fix it.

Edit: it's a 100+ GB download

https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist/status/1327480951501426688?s=20

https://twitter.com/TmarTn/status/1327309526446596096?s=19

It's a super annoying bug, haha. And for some reason the PS5 tends to forget that I've played the PS5 version and defaults to PS4, even though I don't even have the PS4 version installed.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
So they never fixed the aim assist from the beta and it is really jarring coming from MW/WZ. If an enemy is moving in a certain way you have to fight it to get on target but sometimes it feels like it just absolutely locks on target.

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
This game is 100% better than Modern Warfare because there are 4 good maps as opposed to 2