Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bro Dad posted:

Wolverine #7

Wolverine lost that fight because he killed the other guy and didn't die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Wolverine lost that fight because he killed the other guy and didn't die.

Fuckin' owned scrub

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
How do you kill that which cannot die?

I just do, bub.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
This is more a question for the funny panels thread, but since we're talking Wolverine, isn't there a panel where someone says something like "no, his claws don't make any sound, he just says 'SNIKT' every time they pop out."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

This is more a question for the funny panels thread, but since we're talking Wolverine, isn't there a panel where someone says something like "no, his claws don't make any sound, he just says 'SNIKT' every time they pop out."

That was from Squirrel Girl, I think

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Endless Mike posted:

I think it was from one of the Deadpool cards she carried around, but I could be wrong.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Endless Mike posted:

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 03, according to the Reddit post I took this from.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I guess it fits here because, since noone else comments on it, they all think it's badass, too

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Kaiju No. 8

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I guess :shrug:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Savage Avengers #14: Conan the Barbarian, Magik, and the Black Knight have to fight an Asgardian dragon to obtain a magic amulet. But they need a little extra help...

(I almost put this in the funny panels thread for Juggernaut's singing but decided it fit better here)

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
OK, out of context it just looks like they're bullying a dragon down on his luck. What a bunch of assholes.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gologle posted:

OK, out of context it just looks like they're bullying a dragon down on his luck. What a bunch of assholes.

I wouldn't say that Conan is the prototypical murderhobo, but you don't have to squint real hard for him to look like it

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Phy posted:

I wouldn't say that Conan is the prototypical murderhobo, but you don't have to squint real hard for him to look like it

If you read the original Howard Conan stories, he's the archetypal murderhobo! Conan invented murderhoboing!

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Yeah to be honest the fact that Conan was trying to negotiate with that dragon instead of trying browbeat him into submission strikes me as a bit weird

Maybe Marvel Conan is different? Or New Marvel Conan is different

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

Yeah to be honest the fact that Conan was trying to negotiate with that dragon instead of trying browbeat him into submission strikes me as a bit weird

Maybe Marvel Conan is different? Or New Marvel Conan is different

It was Conan's idea to drop Juggernaut from the lower atmosphere on top of the dragon, according to the exposition boxes.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Yeah that wasn't negotiation, that was "keep the target from leaving the killzone"

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

jng2058 posted:

If you read the original Howard Conan stories, he's the archetypal murderhobo! Conan invented murderhoboing!

Considering the world he inhabits...

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013
Seconding the "dragon seemed to be reasonable and just wanted some peace and quiet" sentiment. Can anyone shed light on why he has to die? Does it matter when it's Conan?

I answered my own question, didn't I?

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Dog_Meat posted:

Seconding the "dragon seemed to be reasonable and just wanted some peace and quiet" sentiment. Can anyone shed light on why he has to die? Does it matter when it's Conan?

Well, the dragon "asked" the entire population of a city to just up and leave right now so he could get over what appears to be a hangover, and I'm guessing the other option wasn't that he'd go somewhere else the idea of reasonable went out the window a while ago.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dog_Meat posted:

Ultimately it's because he has the amulet (another eye of Agamotto) and he's not going to give it up willingly. But also iirc he might have killed a bunch of people, I can't check at the moment.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Having only read the daily Conan comic strips, Conan isn't much of a murderhobo. He goes wandering from town to town, and how he behaves can be summed up as "If you don't start none, there'll be none"; he never goes picking a fight, but when someone picks a fight with him, whoo boy, that's a really bad life choice you made there buddy.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mikl posted:

Having only read the daily Conan comic strips, Conan isn't much of a murderhobo. He goes wandering from town to town, and how he behaves can be summed up as "If you don't start none, there'll be none"; he never goes picking a fight, but when someone picks a fight with him, whoo boy, that's a really bad life choice you made there buddy.

Or picks a fight with someone he thinks deserves help/respect.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Or is brown.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Savage Avengers #14: Conan the Barbarian, Magik, and the Black Knight have to fight an Asgardian dragon to obtain a magic amulet. But they need a little extra help...

(I almost put this in the funny panels thread for Juggernaut's singing but decided it fit better here)

This is the best god drat thing I have seen in weeks.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Dog_Meat posted:

Conan and company are specifically there because Dr. Strange needs an amulet in the dragon's possession.

However, the dragon has also settled down in the middle of Bruges, in Belgium, and demanded absolute silence so he can get a few weeks' sleep. The issue opens with a drunk guy accidentally dropping a bottle on the pavement and immediately getting burned to ash by dragon's flame.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Wanderer posted:

Conan and company are specifically there because Dr. Strange needs an amulet in the dragon's possession.

However, the dragon has also settled down in the middle of Bruges, in Belgium, and demanded absolute silence so he can get a few weeks' sleep. The issue opens with a drunk guy accidentally dropping a bottle on the pavement and immediately getting burned to ash by dragon's flame.

Collin Farrell would approve.

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013

seaborgium posted:

Well, the dragon "asked" the entire population of a city to just up and leave right now so he could get over what appears to be a hangover, and I'm guessing the other option wasn't that he'd go somewhere else the idea of reasonable went out the window a while ago.

That does seem more reasonable now. Although I must admit that if I had a truly heroic hangover and the power to demand the same, I'd do it

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Savage Avengers is loving great because it's Conan being a murder hobo and the marvel cast is either for it or against it.

At one point he bumps into Doom and Strange, once their adventure is over they yeet him ASAP to get away from him.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Azubah posted:

Savage Avengers is loving great because it's Conan being a murder hobo and the marvel cast is either for it or against it.

At one point he bumps into Doom and Strange, once their adventure is over they yeet him ASAP to get away from him.

I mean, they're sorcerers.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Conan > everything.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

It's really annoying none of the Marvel Conan books are on Unlimited.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That would explain why Savage Avengers would be up to 14 despite me never seeing it in the new release header. Weird since they had him in that Avengers series where they fought Nyx.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Push El Burrito posted:

I mean, they're sorcerers.

Strange: "I am known as the Sorcerer Supreme, and..."

Conan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOy6hqzfsAs

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

TwoPair posted:

The gap in the lyrics is a nice touch, so you can go back and sing it in your head as you reread the panels inbetween.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Honestly, I love these panels. Juggernaut just looks so happy.

"Let me get this straight: You want to teleport me way, way up into the air, and drop me on a dragons head?"
"Yes."
"..."
"..."
"I love my job."

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Like any of the characters who've been around since the '60s, Juggs has had a lot of characterizations. But the goofball who likes Dazzler albums and watches the Greatest American Hero is probably my favorite.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'd fight the guy who doesn't like Dazzler's albums smh

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Who is the Juggernaut at the moment? I vaguely remember reading the job title jumping around a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Elissimpark posted:

Who is the Juggernaut at the moment? I vaguely remember reading the job title jumping around a bit.

I'm pretty sure it's Cain Marko again.