Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxitnG04IGA
:ussr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
How many bells per turnip is appropriate for advertising and opening up your island? I'm at 163 for the next two hours

RPGsArts
Oct 25, 2020

Pet Portraits and Custom Commissions

The Door Frame posted:

How many bells per turnip is appropriate for advertising and opening up your island? I'm at 163 for the next two hours

I’d say it depends on where you’re at in the week. If it is Friday night or Saturday and people may be desperate, that seems worth it to open. Idk if I would bother with 163 on a Thursday though.

That said, open whenever you want.

RPGsArts fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 13, 2020

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Eh, why not, Isla Sorna will be open. Not a lot going on, just Flick and a pretty alright price on Turnips for the next hour

Dodo Code: closed

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Nov 13, 2020

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Huh. I finished my fossil collection. I figured I was probably getting close but didn't realise I was that close. Cool.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Black Robe posted:

Hanging around the cliffs doing my gothic-heroine impression as I wish on stars. Flick is lurking nearby because he's very clingy I guess. And I happened to notice he wears shoes, unlike just about everyone else in the game apart from Kicks, Isabelle, Leif and Label. Not sure why my brain has seized on this fact.

Tom Nook is forcing all the non working villagers to go pantsless to shame them or something idk

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Redd's in town with three authentic paintings. I claimed one but he's still offering a legit scary painting and jolly painting. He's also got a fake Rosetta Stone if you're into that.

Marina is teaching peach rug and I've got a tons of DIYs off to the left of the airport, help yourself to those or anything at Nook's.

Closed!

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 13, 2020

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Hobo Clown posted:

Redd's in town with three authentic paintings. I claimed one but he's still offering a legit scary painting and jolly painting. He's also got a fake Rosetta Stone if you're into that.

Marina is teaching peach rug and I've got a tons of DIYs off to the left of the airport, help yourself to those or anything at Nook's.

4PXSC

Thank you for opening.

Also, that's a lot of flowers you've got there.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Falstaff posted:

Thank you for opening.

Also, that's a lot of flowers you've got there.

Yeah, months ago I had ideals of flower breeding and just forgot. Several rainstorms later and they've taken over almost every inch of free space. Game needs a working lawnmower because I'm too lazy to do it one plant at a time with the shovel :effort:

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Hobo Clown posted:

Yeah, months ago I had ideals of flower breeding and just forgot. Several rainstorms later and they've taken over almost every inch of free space. Game needs a working lawnmower because I'm too lazy to do it one plant at a time with the shovel :effort:

This. So much this. I spent the previous games coaxing flowers to grow and now I want a flamethrower.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!

topenga posted:

This. So much this. I spent the previous games coaxing flowers to grow and now I want a flamethrower.

I'm in the same boat. Was trying to breed flowers, gave up, and now my island is overrun.

I've heard placing a trashcan next to your areas to dump the flowers in instead of running back and forth from Nook's helps.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Redd, being the absolute bastard that he is, shows up on Fiorina today with only one genuine art piece and it’s one that I already have. No matter though, everything’s up for grabs today:

Fake Solemn painting
Fake moving painting
Flowery painting
Fake Wistful painting
Blue outdoor table
Green Heart doorplate

Celeste is also here penned in at the book nook’s upper seating area (behind Meringue’s house)

Dodo code in the PGS thread!

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Nov 13, 2020

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Holy poo poo. Turnips going for 453. Never been above like 140 before. Opening up. Posting code in other thread.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Celeste and Kicks are on Sharkfarts, there's a meteor shower, and a buttload of free DIYs await you! I love fresh custom designs and funny messages. Please don't take the dropped items.

closed thanks!

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Nov 14, 2020

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Okay, we’re beyond confused. We have two Red, a Blue, and a Neutral corners of a ring. What do we need to do to get it together? Thanks in advance.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Okay, we’re beyond confused. We have two Red, a Blue, and a Neutral corners of a ring. What do we need to do to get it together? Thanks in advance.
Apologies if I'm not understanding your question, but you just place them all next to each other, oriented in their appropriate positions. Colors don't really matter, they're all the same size, so whatever looks best to you.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

One red / one neutral
One neutral / one blue

All that matters is that red and blue are across from each other

E: how do you get rid of a specific villager? I can't stand Barold or Hugh and I cannot figure out what I can do to get rid of these gross little goblins

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 14, 2020

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

A competitive punchsports ring is set up like so:

RN
NB

So you're going to need a second neutral corner if you choose that.

Efb

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, you just turn the open ends to face each other. Like so:

https://twitter.com/Buttopia/status/1326371377113260032

Speaking of, I'm currently in June in game and have been slowly going through doing two Reese & Cyrus wedding photoshoots per in game day like the above WrestleMania Wedding. Would people find it annoying if I posted some of them in here occasionally?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
People's silly art creations are the best part of this thread, keep em coming

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Squats posted:

Speaking of, I'm currently in June in game and have been slowly going through doing two Reese & Cyrus wedding photoshoots per in game day like the above WrestleMania Wedding. Would people find it annoying if I posted some of them in here occasionally?

This is the only thing I miss about that drat event, is people coming up with crazy wedding day ideas at Harv’s.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

This is the only thing I miss about that drat event, is people coming up with crazy wedding day ideas at Harv’s.

I wish I'd had a UFO in June.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Some people did a fan version of what a TV show might be like, and I think it's pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJCHVaj4Axw

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
wasn't there an anime or was that just a movie

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

flatluigi posted:

wasn't there an anime or was that just a movie

That was the movie Animal Forest (Dobutsu No Mori)

https://youtu.be/UrE02Uj2CaQ

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Geodude posted:

I'm in the same boat. Was trying to breed flowers, gave up, and now my island is overrun.

I've heard placing a trashcan next to your areas to dump the flowers in instead of running back and forth from Nook's helps.

The trashcan really does help, since flowers aren't worth enough to vendor so you might as well delete them.

In the future one way you can keep flowers contained is by putting down an "invisible" custom design onto the ground around them. Flowers can't spread to it so you can box them in without needing to use fences.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

You can even bring the trashcan with you

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
And save&quit then restart to close the shovel holes.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

The Door Frame posted:

E: how do you get rid of a specific villager? I can't stand Barold or Hugh and I cannot figure out what I can do to get rid of these gross little goblins

If you use amiibo to invite a new villager you can replace whoever you please.

If someone random is in your campsite you have to go through their minigames and dialogue and whatever else until they offer to replace someone and if it's not the villager you want immediately close out of the game without saving BEFORE ENDING THE DIALOGUE and try again. The game autosaves as soon as you end the dialogue so if you finish the conversation they'll always offer to replace the same one. If you close out before the save you can keep trying until they pick the one you want.

There is currently no way to deliberately get rid of a villager without having a replacement waiting in the campsite. There's a chance they'll decide to move out on their own and ask you if you think they should but that only happens once every few weeks and there's no way to pick who wants to go.

All the stuff about ignoring them, smacking them with a net etc doesn't work.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
If you aren’t afraid of time travel skip two weeks at minimum and one of your villagers should develop a thought bubble. Skip to the next day and it’ll change villagers until you can remove whoever you don’t like

Melicious
Nov 18, 2005
Ugh, stop licking my hand, you horse's ass!

Black Robe posted:

If someone random is in your campsite you have to go through their minigames and dialogue and whatever else until they offer to replace someone and if it's not the villager you want immediately close out of the game without saving BEFORE ENDING THE DIALOGUE and try again. The game autosaves as soon as you end the dialogue so if you finish the conversation they'll always offer to replace the same one. If you close out before the save you can keep trying until they pick the one you want.

It should be noted that this only works if you have 10 villagers on your island- if you’re like me and capped it at 8, the camper will simply say your island is full and not give you the option to kick someone out.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Today I learned that villagers can move into an empty lot on your island without you ever meeting them. That's... Frustrating. We were planning on doing some mystery islands today, and instead we've got Alice moving in.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Slugworth posted:

Today I learned that villagers can move into an empty lot on your island without you ever meeting them. That's... Frustrating. We were planning on doing some mystery islands today, and instead we've got Alice moving in.

Yeah, sadly. You have to fill the lot the first day it's empty, or Tom will sell it to the first idiot who wanders in.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Gullivaar sent me a ship cannon and now I want like 10 of them. It fires!

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
One of my villagers regularly goes to the cannon and fires it. It’s adorable.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

yippeekiyaymf posted:

One of my villagers regularly goes to the cannon and fires it. It’s adorable.

:allears: Oh my god that is so darling!
I have a street piano and a guitar set up in Pinky’s front yard for villagers to tinker with. For a long time nobody went near it, until yesterday when Reneigh the new girl got brave and started playing the piano. It was cute and wholesome as all get out.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Slugworth posted:

That’s exactly what happened to us. We let Blanche move out, and then while we were searching loving Marcel moved in.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

That’s exactly what happened to us. We let Blanche move out, and then while we were searching loving Marcel moved in.
Well your big mistake was letting Blanche leave. Also, holy poo poo, I've never heard of Marcel before now. He's.... Something, alright. But I think maybe I kind of like him?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Slugworth posted:

Well your big mistake was letting Blanche leave. Also, holy poo poo, I've never heard of Marcel before now. He's.... Something, alright. But I think maybe I kind of like him?

We had another ostrich in Phoebe and she wasn’t impressing us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Slugworth posted:

Well at least you lucked out because Alice is kinda cute.