Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Losem posted:

So question for people here. When you throw a dollar at a project and decide not to back do you still go through the pledge manager or do you just ignore it?
I ignore it.

There have been times where I legit did upgrade after only pledging $1, but otherwise I don't go through it and close the project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Ignore. I usually throw a buck and decide it isn’t worth it more often than increase pledge to a real one. I am also the KS consumer who never pays up until pledge manager launches and even then I always try and find when it closes and push to end of that so my finances aren’t tied up forever.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
If I'm undecided on a project I just don't back and save it for the 48-hour reminder. I'll only pledge for the $1 (or $5 in some cases now) tier if I want to pledge but want to wait to spend the money until the pledge manager.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

After it become clear to me that it's an endless wave of games I now just back $1 and decide later based on what other kickstarters have shown up in that time and also shipping prices.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
If anyone backed Lords of Vegas in the pledge manager, prepare for disappointment. They had some critical inventory control issues for the base game and can't fulfill all the post campaign pledges. They're trying to convince some backers to give up their pledge for that piece if they don't need it/can buy a copy from an FLGS...but who knows how that'll work out

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

That KS was trash tier for such a gem of a game. Glad I stayed away.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

I backed one project at $1 because I couldn’t decide if I honestly needed $149 worth of plastic terrain. I ended up buying it, but now I have to paint it and then convince my wife to play a miniature game with me.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.
I've backed a few things at $1 when I wasn't sure about them. I'm probably 50/50 on whether I then backed them in the pledge manager. Most of the time it's because I want to see a more detailed gameplay video or something, but I like the idea.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
I backed Etherfields at $1. Then I decided it wouldn't get played so I didn't follow through.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/EndangeredAlpha/status/1327245355822538753?s=19

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I'm very interested! This is my exact interest area. I hope some actual Mongolian folks are involved, but I would be rather surprised if they weren't from the description of the project.

e: okay checked the description again, they explicitly are, this owns, back this

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 15, 2020

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

The Etherfields pledge manager has reopened and it's open to everyone, not just kickstarter backers!

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Just got my first wave box for Etherfields (which is immense). No thanks to FedEx, who "attempted delivery" in the sense that they put a door tag instead of my package or contacting me (I was home all day, as I am every day in COVIDland) and then immediately transferred it to a Walgreens that is a mile away as the crow flies, but around 45 minutes away involving two buses by public transit and way the hell too far for me to walk lugging a giant box-o-game. Instead of attempting redelivery. And they refused to attempt delivery again when I called. gently caress FedEx.

Anyway, very excited.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

malkav11 posted:

Just got my first wave box for Etherfields (which is immense). No thanks to FedEx, who "attempted delivery" in the sense that they put a door tag instead of my package or contacting me (I was home all day, as I am every day in COVIDland) and then immediately transferred it to a Walgreens that is a mile away as the crow flies, but around 45 minutes away involving two buses by public transit and way the hell too far for me to walk lugging a giant box-o-game. Instead of attempting redelivery. And they refused to attempt delivery again when I called. gently caress FedEx.

Anyway, very excited.

I feel that. Last time I missed a FedEx (missed as in, they rang once, and ran away almost immediately), I had to drive a good hour away and wait until they were available (aka after 7pm) when the truck came back. What a huge waste of time.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Purolator here is like that. It's on the outskirts of the city, and precisely one bus goes out there.

I wish Amazon would give you the option of choosing your shipper. They installed some Canada Post parcel boxes in the main building, and that'd be a lot more convenient than J. Random Courier Svcs.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Bieeanshee posted:

Purolator here is like that. It's on the outskirts of the city, and precisely one bus goes out there.

I wish Amazon would give you the option of choosing your shipper. They installed some Canada Post parcel boxes in the main building, and that'd be a lot more convenient than J. Random Courier Svcs.

Yeah, no kidding. For me I'd happily have every package sent USPS, because USPS consistently delivers anything shipped by them without me ever having to worry about it and if something went terribly wrong and they held it at a USPS facility instead of delivering it, they're everywhere and the one that covers my area is trivial to get to (and my best friend works there, but I don't know if he'd actually be allowed to snag it and bring it to me). Whereas UPS and Fedex gently caress me over several times a year minimum and there's no way to do anything about it. But I've also heard from people who absolutely swear by UPS or Fedex and whose USPS route is served by a complete fuckup. If we could pick, there'd be a whole lot fewer customer service calls. I can only assume there are technical, logistical, or financial reasons it doesn't make sense for them.

And of course, Kickstarter fulfillment is going to go through whatever channel is easiest and cheapest for the creator or their fulfillment company. Which, sadly, is almost never the one I want...

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Half the time I've had something sent to me via FedEx they get it most of the way here and then hand it off to USPS to deliver anyways, so I'd honestly rather just have it be the Postal Service all the way.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

On shipping, I'm sending out Disposable Heroes this week and you may recall it was a domestic US only kinda deal. Imagine my delight when I notice in the shipping notes someone has put their real, european address, and a little bit saying to ignore the fake US one.

Pls don't do this lmao

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

On shipping, I'm sending out Disposable Heroes this week and you may recall it was a domestic US only kinda deal. Imagine my delight when I notice in the shipping notes someone has put their real, european address, and a little bit saying to ignore the fake US one.

Pls don't do this lmao

Yikes! I’m using my US mail forwarder because I Gotta Have It, but that seems rude.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Pls don't do this lmao

Wow. I would wish them luck and tell them to hope whatever US address they gave had someone willing to pass it on.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

“Thanks for your donation to the local library or hospital or shelter!”

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Pls don't do this lmao

Not quite 'please tell paypal this is a gift' in legality, but definitely up there in asshattery.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Pls don't do this lmao

Unbelievable! Truly unbelievable!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I missed that buy and am in California. How much you want for that rear end in a top hat's copy?

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Pls don't do this lmao

:lol: what the gently caress

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Pls don't do this lmao
Oh cool, you got my message. I'd appreciate it if you could air freight that for me. It has spent enough time on a ship for one lifetime already, right?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Just to note that the Townsfolk Tussle kickstarter is ending soon. If you're at all interested in a boss battler game (rpg-style fights against a single enemy with complex ai and behavior) then this looks like an awesome game particularly if something like Kingdom Death doesn't appeal because of the aesthetic/price/fiddliness.

Townsfolk Tussle seems to have retained the depth of decision making and complex tactical combat but with session - based play (rather than a campaign) and a super cool art style. I'd highly recommend this one to anyone on the fence.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Every day is truly a new journey. On the other hand, lots of people getting their copies and posting them feels rad.

theironjef posted:

I missed that buy and am in California. How much you want for that rear end in a top hat's copy?

You can grab one at my itch page! I can't promise it's that person's exact copy, alas
https://sandypuggames.itch.io/disposable-heroes

This rules, someone put Disposable Heroes into TTS https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2290834844

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 19, 2020

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Kerro posted:

Just to note that the Townsfolk Tussle kickstarter is ending soon. If you're at all interested in a boss battler game (rpg-style fights against a single enemy with complex ai and behavior) then this looks like an awesome game particularly if something like Kingdom Death doesn't appeal because of the aesthetic/price/fiddliness.

Townsfolk Tussle seems to have retained the depth of decision making and complex tactical combat but with session - based play (rather than a campaign) and a super cool art style. I'd highly recommend this one to anyone on the fence.
I was holding a pledge for a while but ultimately just dropped it. I think it’s too luck-driven for me.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Townsfolk Tussle art is sooo fun. It’s like an unofficial Cuphead game

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Edit: well, posted that in the wrong thread.

For content, I'm stoked that The Map is Not The Territory got funded! Really looking forward to seeing the creative ideas that come out of it all.

fallingdownjoe fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 19, 2020

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
This isn't out yet but it will eventually be a KS campaign I'm sure. Been kind of following Where Humans Don't Belong on BGG since I like space exploration as a premise. 

Well the designer recently posted more about what the game will be like and it's partly intriguing but also kind of ehhhh sounding.  
My takeaways were:
  • Originally came from an idea to make a tabletop version of Starship Traveller (the fighting fantasy book) for which he tried but failed to get the IP
  • The main cores of the game actually sound a lot like he's describing the main parts of Voyage of the BSM Pandora, which I happen to think is a fun little gem of a game (but dated and impossible to find.) 
  • I think he makes the assertion that the narrative elements will come from interaction of game systems rather than from a narrative book (good)? But it's also really vaguely worded and could actually mean anything really.
  • Lots of references to a mix of films and games and stuff to explain "what it will be like", which is a kind of dull-red flag in my opinion. Now maybe that's just elevator-pitch talk, but it also reminds me a lot of another game Lifeform (see below)
  • He made Lifeform, which is a "all my favorite parts of movies and stuff jammed together" game. For starters, behold a 40+ page dumpster fire of a fine-print rulebook. As a chaser, when I did a web search for rulebook errata the first thing I saw was a BGG post with the designer being all how dare U
Basically all the good parts that get me interested do so in a way that gives more apprehension than excitement. Maybe I'm getting old.

But it still really is nice to see people work on dream projects that excite them.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Huh, it makes me weirdly happy to see that it’s not just me that had issues with the Lifeform manual. I found it very hard to follow even basic set-up let alone the rules of how to play.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
:respek: The best thing I can say about the Lifeform rulebook is that all the information needed to play the game is technically present, in one way or another (barring edge cases, because of course there are edge cases.) But it is a really badly made document in many ways.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Any further thoughts on Bardsung, now it's revealed a bit more over the campaign?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Steamforged is bad at designing games of this genre, bad at delivering projects of this scale, and will happily blame their players for their own failures. I don't think any of that has changed in the last 2 weeks

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
Earlier this week I accidentally launched a Kickstarter I was trying to save for Black Friday. I ended up featured by Tabletop Games UK, and it's going pretty groovy, but I forgot to post it in here! Behold: GRANNY for Mörk Borg.

https://twitter.com/TheEldritchTomb/status/1329950056397549573?s=20

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Any further thoughts on Bardsung, now it's revealed a bit more over the campaign?

It’s annoying cos I do love the anger that games caused by having so many female heroes but yeah I don’t dare touch it even though it’s a uk project. My mate used to work for them and various stories, the way he was treated and I think they got taken over by some big Chinese company that caused some grim changes too.

However tempting the figures are I’m avoiding

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

i've been following it, the minis look so good and it sounds interesting. hopefully something better comes along to replace it because right now i kinda want it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Don't all of Steam forged KS games suck? Like literally all of them?