Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Cpt_Obvious posted:

There's something so special about Alex Jones. Maybe it's the insanity, maybe it's the voice straight out of Wrestlemania, maybe it's the exuberance, maybe it's the whole package together. But listening to him for more than 5 minutes and fills me with confusion and incredulity. He's a parody of himself, an escapee from a fictional world, and these memes banish him back from whence he came.

as an entertainer he is remarkable, it's just that he uses his considerable talents for evil. i'd sentence him to be executed, but i'd do it with a tear rolling down my face. it didn't have to be this way, Alex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

as an entertainer he is remarkable, it's just that he uses his considerable talents for evil. i'd sentence him to be executed, but i'd do it with a tear rolling down my face. it didn't have to be this way, Alex.

Surgically implanted dunce cap, rerelease back into society. Restrict access to sharp implements and weapons. *GAVEL* Next case!

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Panfilo posted:

His mannerisms do feel like they are Kayfabe, they are so over the top.

And yeah, I could totally see him being some character in a Westwood Studios game alongside other C-listers.

I know you didnt chat poo poo about Tim Curry

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This always makes me think he was performing at some point, no matter how blurred the lines have become:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzNeg9D-EZ4

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The best alex jones clip is the one where he says "im a human and im cumming"

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
jones has the impeccable ability to recall specific documents and stories and dates and misunderstand them to the point of lunacy. the gay frogs thing being one of the clearest examples.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Have Alex Jones host Jeopardy now

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
No, give Steve Harvey Jeopardy and let Alex Jones take over Family Feud.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dr. Killjoy posted:

take steve harvey off the air beacause he sucks

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Giga Gaia posted:

jones has the impeccable ability to recall specific documents and stories and dates and misunderstand them to the point of lunacy. the gay frogs thing being one of the clearest examples.
It's sad that the gay frogs thing was a real case of the truth being suppressed by a conspiracy, but he had to go off on it as being gay agent stuff instead of chemical company just willfully harming people and animals for profit.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Dr. Killjoy posted:

gently caress no. Harvey is a piece of poo poo.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

This always makes me think he was performing at some point, no matter how blurred the lines have become:
the C&C video of him where he's like "i'm gonna kick your rear end" sounds like him practicing saying those lines in front of a mirror

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Digital Jedi posted:

gently caress no. Harvey is a piece of poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S56mEwLqOQA

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chillgamesh posted:

The best alex jones clip is the one where he says "im a human and im cumming"

This is is my favourite, right after he fled from some IWW members:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiH4oUq6Ge4

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
these blatantly obvious sock puppet accounts are deranged

https://twitter.com/Adriana83271362/status/1321586637625790464?s=20

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
that account was made in May and it hasn't been suspended yet because jack sucks

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Race Realists posted:

these blatantly obvious sock puppet accounts are deranged

https://twitter.com/Adriana83271362/status/1321586637625790464?s=20
IDGI.

Absorbs Quickly
Jan 6, 2005

And then the ArchAngel descended from heaven.

ekuNNN posted:

This is is my favourite, right after he fled from some IWW members:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiH4oUq6Ge4

I would kill for the backstory on this clip.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The two Danish racists who lured a black man out into the woods to beat, stomp, strangle, stab him with red-hot fire irons, crush his testicles with clogs, fracture his skull, break his tibia, fibula and hyoid, and sever sinnew and bone in his hands, resulting in 39 distinct injuries and death, did not commit a hate crime, according to the prosecution. One of the perpetrators has a swastika and the words "WHITE POWER" tattooed on his leg, but they knew the victim socially before torturing him to death, so it can't be racist. They face a minimum of five years in prison.

Same country that considers black people marching at the front of a BLM protest a form of white genocide.

SplitSoul has issued a correction as of 09:29 on Nov 14, 2020

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

look at the Twitter handle/bio

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

SplitSoul posted:

The two Danish racists who lured a black man out into the woods to beat, stomp, strangle, stab him with red-hot fire irons, crush his testicles with clogs, fracture his skull, break his tibia, fibula and hyoid, and sever sinnew and bone in his hands, resulting in 39 distinct injuries and death, did not commit a hate crime, according to the prosecution. One of the perpetrators has a swastika and the words "WHITE POWER" tattooed on his leg, but they knew the victim socially before torturing him to death, so it can't be racist. They face a minimum of five years in prison.

Same country that considers black people marching at the front of a BLM protest a form of white genocide.

Actually, white genocide is a good thing and shall happen worse than the mayo monkeys dished out to the good people.

:d2e:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SplitSoul posted:

This is why I'm against prison abolition and the nordic rehabilitation model

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

shovelbum posted:

I'm extremely all about the Nordic model, but these guys can go to the American Hypersuperduperomnimax where they send all the unreformable cops.

Superjail!, like the cartoon, would be too good for these literal monsters.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

shovelbum posted:

It has nothing to do with either of those things, wtf. It's institutional racism in Nordic countries.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It has nothing to do with either of those things, wtf. It's institutional biologically inherit racism in Nordic countries the Caucasian race.
ftfy

non/anti-racist whites are literally a biological aberration and we must nurture and encourage every John Brown.

staticman has issued a correction as of 21:25 on Nov 14, 2020

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

staticman posted:

ftfy

non/anti-racist whites are literally a biological aberration.
Please do not slander Circassians by using their region name for white people.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Sure, kill all whiteys, whatevs. But pretending that loving prison abolition is bad because one White dude you hate didn't go to jail for long enough, while millions of Black people (the majority of prisoners) suffer and die and are beaten and shot and used as slave labor for the glory of the prison-industrial complex is a real galaxy-brained nuclear shovelbum take.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I mean how does abolition address the genuinely bad actors who are doing stuff they think is right

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'm a big fan of capital punishment in some situations but here's the thing. i would rather a hundred murderers and rapists go free or receive "lenient" punishments than one innocent person be executed for a crime they did not commit. so as much as i would like to see certain bastards get what they deserve, you have to recognize that such a system would inevitably end up destroying many people who committed no crime, especially in a racist shithole like the united states.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I don't have a problem with the methods, I think they're pointed in the wrong direction.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

Terrible Opinions posted:

Please do not slander Circassians by using their region name for white people.

poo poo, you're right. Anglo-Saxons?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

shovelbum posted:

I mean how does abolition address the genuinely bad actors who are doing stuff they think is right
Those bad actors are inevitably the people who benefit from the prison system. It is not possible to use it as a tool against them, because they are the reason it's so bad. Where do you think they get prison guards from?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

staticman posted:

poo poo, you're right. Anglo-Saxons?
Depends on if you want to give Slavs and Iberians a free pass. Personally I'm not sure but you are free to. I'd just go with Whites.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Terrible Opinions posted:

Those bad actors are inevitably the people who benefit from the prison system. It is not possible to use it as a tool against them, because they are the reason it's so bad. Where do you think they get prison guards from?

This is ahistorical, the right people sure as hell ended up in Stalin's prisons!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

shovelbum posted:

Prison abolition doesn't necessarily mean the end of all prisons just like "defund the police" doesn't necessarily mean the end of all cops (though it should). It primarily means the end to discriminatory or oppressive prison pipelines and systems, as well as defending the rights of both accused and convicted. Incorrigible monsters can still go to prison. Turning a blind eye to obvious hate crimes is not prison abolition, or the rehabilitation model. It's a miscarriage of justice.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Prison abolition doesn't necessarily mean the end of all prisons just like "defund the police" doesn't necessarily mean the end of all cops (though it should). It primarily means the end to discriminatory or oppressive prison pipelines and systems, as well as defending the rights of both accused and convicted. Incorrigible monsters can still go to prison. Turning a blind eye to obvious hate crimes is not prison abolition, or the rehabilitation model. It's a miscarriage of justice.

We should really get better names for those.

Prison realignment.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
Forget the US invading countries over less, Conquistadors destroyed entire civilizations over less.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

shovelbum posted:

The fact that you're even asking this question means that you're either bad faith making GBS threads on prison abolition because you really really fear inner city youths coming to your town or you think that prison abolition means that there's no laws and everyone can do whatever they want without consequence.

If it's the former, no one should engage with you in good faith, if the latter, a quick Google search will reveal a half dozen intensive policy documents describing what that would look like, which I would encourage you to read over.

Simple point: what you're asking is the literal JUST ASKING QUESTIONS cop lover response to prison abolition, so I sincerely hope that you're just not familiar with what prison abolition actually is. If you want to have a good faith discussion, don't jump to the first GOTCHA question in the Thin Blue Line toolbox.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

shovelbum posted:

This is ahistorical, the right people sure as hell ended up in Stalin's prisons!

what, you mean the most devoted communists? the most committed egalitarians? your reactionary side is showing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Cpt_Obvious posted:

There's something so special about Alex Jones. Maybe it's the insanity, maybe it's the voice straight out of Wrestlemania, maybe it's the exuberance, maybe it's the whole package together. But listening to him for more than 5 minutes and fills me with confusion and incredulity. He's a parody of himself, an escapee from a fictional world, and these memes banish him back from whence he came.

He wants to be Bill Cooper but he’s too lazy and loves fake crying too much.

uber_stoat posted:

I would argue that sometimes he’s a good entertainer but what you are seeing are moments cherry-picked from thousands of hours of brain-meltingly boring horseshit. He’s actually really bad at his job only punctuated by moments of manic stream of consciousness tirades that approach art in terms of pacing and psychedelic ludicrousness.

Dang It Bhabhi! has issued a correction as of 22:10 on Nov 14, 2020