Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I beat death stranding last night. Really good game, I never would have thought that you could make engaging gameplay out of just walking around and climbing hills and stuff but the madman Kojima has done it again. The story and setting was extremely fascinating too and I loved the half-scientific, half-mystical afterlife stuff. Kojima ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

27. The Witness, a game by Jonathan Blow

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Maya Fey posted:

oh hell yeah

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Maya Fey posted:

ArfJason posted:

if you knew what i call that game youd need the worlds most structurally sound seat for you to not fall on your rear end

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Maya Fey posted:

26. Lamplight City

how was it? i haven't played the devs other games but it seems to have been pretty well received

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

mysterious loyall X posted:

how was it? i haven't played the devs other games but it seems to have been pretty well received

it's alright, not as good as similar games like Blackwell or Kathy Rain imo but still a decent detective game. one thing to know is you can actually mess up and make a case unsolvable (by picking the wrong dialogue option for example) so cycle your saves!!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

kathy rain kind of sucked so I'm taking that as a warning

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Tetris Effect. Very cool. Most of the music was great but the Kate Brady stuff sucked rear end

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

trying to jack off posted:

kathy rain kind of sucked so I'm taking that as a warning

it depends on what you didn't like about kathy rain, if it's the twin peaks stuff at the end there's none of that in lamplight city, i'm comparing them because you're investigating stuff like a normal person would and not just solving ludicrous inventory puzzles. i guess a better comparison would be the later Sherlock games because you can mess up cases and there's red herrings etc.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Maya Fey posted:

it's alright, not as good as similar games like Blackwell or Kathy Rain imo but still a decent detective game. one thing to know is you can actually mess up and make a case unsolvable (by picking the wrong dialogue option for example) so cycle your saves!!

unwinnable states ftw. i haven't played whispers of a machine (new kathy rain dev game) or unavowed (blackwell guy game) OR hero-u (new not-quest for glory from the coles) so maybe if i ever finish those i'll pick that up

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I bought Hero-U on sale and was planning on playing it after I finished Quest for Glory playthroughs but QFGV can't run on modern computers without jumping through a bunch of hoops and it's ugly and bad so I didn't bother. Sorry, Coles.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
6. Halo Reach
7. Far Cry 5

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
ty garlic bread

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Re2 remake platinum. Didn’t play ghost survivors or beat tofu mode. I might clear up all the records because the game honestly gets more fun the more you know it. My platinum run was for the achievement where you don’t open an item box, so I played on assisted and picked up every gun except the Claire’s other handgun and just had a blast deleting enemies as if I had infinite ammo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Last of Us Part II. It was pretty good

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Super Mario Sunshine. Probably not going to do 120 shines because, well, Galaxy is right around the corner. Just need to do New Super Mario Bros. first.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
Super Mario Sunshine - 120 Shines

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Sex Tragedy posted:

Well I can't just let myself get shown up like this.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

Super Mario Sunshine. Probably not going to do 120 shines because, well, Galaxy is right around the corner. Just need to do New Super Mario Bros. first.

Sex Tragedy posted:

get that rear end

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just got 121 shines in Super Mario Sunshine.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

lol

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Kingdom Hearts: Melodies of Memory

Want to say I beat it on Proud mode but the final "boss battle" is much much harder on Proud than any other song in the game. The game won't let you save until you beat it and my Switch battery was dying so I bumped it down to Standard. I'll beat it on Proud later.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Also just beat the KH rhythm game. Did all the missions in World Tour but will still be playing it for a long while yet, filling out the charts and beating all on Proud. The devs did Theatrhythm too which shows

Need to try online battles too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Sex Tragedy posted:

ruthless

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
35. Mirror's Edge (Normal)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ni no kuni: wrath of the white witch. killer game, i wish the team ai were a bit better but otherwise the game's really great. might do postgame in a while but now i think i'm gonna do some mario

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

quote's not edit

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
15) Pikmin 3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

34. Metal Gear Solid. still a blast to play through as always, and I tried to use diff methods than usual for bosses and to backtrack more often to load up on supplies. such a well designed space to explore.

In Training fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 5, 2020

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah! posted:

ni no kuni: wrath of the white witch. killer game, i wish the team ai were a bit better but otherwise the game's really great. might do postgame in a while but now i think i'm gonna do some mario

It's great, insanely charming. Mr. Drippy needs to randomly appear in more JRPGs when you're low on health

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

1. Uncharted Drake’s Fortune - Crushing
2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Crushing
3. Ico
4. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Crushing:
5. Final Fantasy VIII
6. Final Fantasy VII Remake: Like it a tonne and really liked the characters in this. Feels like the voice acting added a lot but they also just wrote Cloud better so he came across as a stupid dork trying to be cool a lot better imo. The combat was decent but some of the enemies had weird conditions. Which I would have liked a lot if it was more common throughout. Most enemies didn't require too much specific strategy but some did I found them tricky. Would have liked if it was more common for enemies to have weird conditions or strategies required instead of a handful throughout. Def gonna do the hard replay before episode two.
7. Psychonauts - Platinum: This was the laziest port to PS4 ever lol, all the stuff still referenced the PS2 and memory cards, the sound would randomly drop and sound like it was corrupted and hard to hear and I had occasional total freezing. Game still whips rear end though and imo is still very funny and charming. The Milkman Conspiracy and Lungfishopolis are still amazing and two of my favourite levels in anything. I'd heard Meat Circus was really hard compared to the Steam version but imo it was fine. There's one lovely obstacle that I was stuck on for a while but realised I could cheese it. Still annoying because it was lovely due to Raz only double jumping off nets if you don't hold the analogue stick for the first jump and it was hard to make a series of jumps like that.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

In Training posted:

Metal Gear Solid. still a blast to play through as always, and I tried to use diff methods than usual for bosses and to backtrack more often to load up on supplies. such a well designed space to explore.

its a perfect game to pick up and play through. sneaking around guards never stops being fun and the bosses are all so good

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Raz is short for Raziel.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

28. Dead Space

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

MCC Halo 2 and 3 legendary coop. Halo 2 was a real slog, one hit kill snipers all over the place and no respawning, I remember it was rushed out and it sure seems like they didn’t do any play testing. 3 is much better and I’m looking forward to finally playing through 4 in a couple weeks

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Bugsnax - Could have used another gadget or two to catch bugsnax with, but still a very charming game. Unexpectedly had some pretty compelling characters.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spoderman posted:

its a perfect game to pick up and play through. sneaking around guards never stops being fun and the bosses are all so good

yeah, i used a lot more c4/claymores this time and had fun making booby trapped hallways to freak out the guards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ArfJason posted:

Raz is short for Raziel.

Asukas mind was stressful 😔