Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Venuz Patrol posted:

you're probably not reading the fine print on challenge 13's description. once you understand the gimmick it should be pretty clear what to do one challenge 9 clear to unlock talisman fragment drops, then straight to challenge 10

i had the same problem

Hah, I'm an idiot, I just had to sit and wait without doing any challenges until it charged up my first ant and then it got easily cleared. I probably could've done this ages ago if I'd just been even slightly patient.
Edit: Are Hypercubes just for opening? I can't find anywhere else to spend them.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Nov 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

Edit: Are Hypercubes just for opening? I can't find anywhere else to spend them.

Yes, for now. Seems like they'll be spendable (alongside the other cube types) on upgrades in the upcoming content patch, but at your current point I'd say to ignore banking for that and just open them all.

That said, beating C13 means you've got access to research 8x8, so wait on opening them until you're in a run when you've got that research active. That's your main way of getting the benefits of opening tesseracts, freeing up your actual tesseracts to spend on the tesseract buildings instead, to boost the second constant upgrade.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Vil posted:

Yes, for now. Seems like they'll be spendable (alongside the other cube types) on upgrades in the upcoming content patch, but at your current point I'd say to ignore banking for that and just open them all.

That said, beating C13 means you've got access to research 8x8, so wait on opening them until you're in a run when you've got that research active. That's your main way of getting the benefits of opening tesseracts, freeing up your actual tesseracts to spend on the tesseract buildings instead, to boost the second constant upgrade.

The update is coming out today, so banking right now would make sense, although probably less sense if you're still early on.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I wish it was a bit easier to gauge what effect each type of Corruption will actually have on your metrics. It feels like a lot of trial and error. Like, I can put Corruption 8 up to max already, but trying to bring others above like 3 or so will grind my ascensions to a halt. I've been trying to jigger it so I can actually get passive Hypercubes but I think I need a few more cube openings or something first. Either that or I'm missing something as obvious as the ability to set Corruption 8 to max.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Infinity Gaia posted:

I wish it was a bit easier to gauge what effect each type of Corruption will actually have on your metrics. It feels like a lot of trial and error. Like, I can put Corruption 8 up to max already, but trying to bring others above like 3 or so will grind my ascensions to a halt. I've been trying to jigger it so I can actually get passive Hypercubes but I think I need a few more cube openings or something first. Either that or I'm missing something as obvious as the ability to set Corruption 8 to max.
For perspective i am pretty close to endgame right now pre-today's-update (80k w5x10 and just haven't bothered to max the rest cause I spent two days getting the 1.4m ascensions achievement cause it's about to get buffed)

Don't take the first two above 1/1 at any sane early level (and probably 0/0 is better) and only advance them in pairs (for perspective, the literal most-endgame people can't do these productively at 4/4, they get higher gains at 3/3)
Third one's got a breakpoint after 4, but depends entirely on your own speed, don't slow yourself down too much, feel free to keep at 0/1 early on (most endgame will go to like 8ish? I'm at 6)
Fourth one is the most immediately obvious, if you can't get c10x60 in your A run with it at a level, you're too high (10 is doable eventually, 11 is a little harsh)
Fifth one can go to 1 eventually for you, it should never prevent you from hitting 1e51 obtainium is the rule (highest I've seen anyone claim is 4, I'm at 2)
Sixth one has a breakpoint at 4 as well, 5 is fuckin impossible (it goes from Diamond gain ^0.010000000 to Diamond gain ^0.000001000) - pushing this to 4 earlier than expected is surprisingly reasonable
Seventh one is great, crank that poo poo up, the factor at 11 is "only" ant production^0.3 (goal is to just keep at 11 forever)
Eighth one is great, you want to be able to get to about level 2500 SI rune (for me it's level 9 but for you it's whatever level makes that happen)
Ninth one is great, the factor at 11 is "only" coin gain^0.09 so again, scaling makes it not that big a deal (again, goal is to just keep at 11 forever)

tl;dr crank up 7 and 9, then 8 until you barely hit 2500 SI rune, then 4 until you barely do c10x60, then just sit on it and open boxes (well, okay, eventually buy w5x10 but that can wait a while)

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 13, 2020

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, looking through the reviews of that Legends of Idleon game by the IS guy and people apparently overwhelmingly love this game? Is it like people getting in game money for giving it 5* or something? I played it for like ten minutes and gave up, maybe I should give it another go. :shrug:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

explosivo posted:

Man, looking through the reviews of that Legends of Idleon game by the IS guy and people apparently overwhelmingly love this game? Is it like people getting in game money for giving it 5* or something? I played it for like ten minutes and gave up, maybe I should give it another go. :shrug:

People who play a game for ten minutes, decide it's not for them, and play something else, usually don't leave reviews. It's not unusual for a game that appeals strongly to some people to get good reviews even if a lot of people bounce off it.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

explosivo posted:

I've been playing it for the past few days and I'm finding it to be pretty fun. It doesn't take too long to unlock more characters since the levels required are a sum of all your characters levels. I was able to unlock 3 on the first day and 4 by the second day. At this point I have 100s to 1000s of world 1's resources up to the first boss and will probably unlock the 5th character within a week. The recent update changed it so drops stay on the ground for 30 mins instead of 5 now.

For what characters you make I would suggest at least one of each type first for resource gathering. I would also get all characters to 8 in mining/chopping to be able to equip the copper pickaxe/axe for extra stats. My main character is warrior since I prefer its basic attack. The spear and warrior weapon (recipe you get at class change) are both a AoE basic attack.

For building your characters damage Sharp Axe for beginner and the center skill for your first job (row 2 column 3) helps the most. You will need to put some points into whatever your accuracy stat is. 100 accuracy will work for most of world 1 up to the first boss. For 100% hit rate on the first boss you need 175 acc. I finished the first boss around 150 acc and 350 max damage with a warrior but it did take awhile. You can savescum keys by disconnecting from the internet before starting the boss and if you die close the app and clear storage on android. Then when you log back onto your account the cloud save takes over before you used your key so you can learn the bosses patterns.

Each boss kill drops the gem require to unlock world 2 and this can be transferred to other characters so you don't have to kill the boss on every character. Save any exp balloons you get for when you unlock world 2 and use them to level alchemy for each character you have. The 3rd screen to the right in world 2 will unlock your second class change and thats about where I'm at now. I feel like the game is an nice new take on an idle game so far but it does take a bit to start seeing some decent gains.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

wait, is there no way to bypass legendsofidleon's sync page? I really don't want to log into an idle game with my google account, if that's the only way to play on PC that's utter dogshit

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Almost done with NGU

A4 down
Perks done
A couple of quirks left
Hacks hardcapped
2 wishes left

Haven't done a rebirth in 36 days. In the beginning because i was tired of playing NGU and after a couple of weeks i figured i'd just not rebirth and build a ton of AA so i could kill A4.
In hindsight i should have played more QP cards as i am like 4 months away from the 10e6 quirk, and also done the last card spawn speed wish earlier.
Im playing every QP card that spawns yet mayo keeps going up. Not really sure why, mayo was a struggle for the entirety of the existance of the card feature even when playing what felt like less cards.

Card bonuses:
PP: 1600%
QP: 650%
Wish: 800%
Hack: 750%
ENGU: 10k
MNgu: 5k
Adventure: 3k

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 14, 2020

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

Almost done with NGU

Card bonuses:
PP: 1600%
QP: 650%
Wish: 800%
Hack: 750%
ENGU: 10k
MNgu: 5k
Adventure: 3k

drat. I'm impressed. I'm literally cheating (gave myself a billion of each mayo so I cast every card I spawn) and my card bonuses are only:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
card tiers play a huge part in bonuses, iirc they are an exponent

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I think I'm actually coming around on Idleon, it's rough starting out but once I figured out what I'm supposed to be doing it's kinda neat. I just got my second character and think I can see where this is going and am sorta looking forward to seeing more now.

Edit:also patching it to change how long dropped stuff lasts for helps a ton too. I didn't even realize at first that I had to manually pick stuff up.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

explosivo posted:

I think I'm actually coming around on Idleon, it's rough starting out but once I figured out what I'm supposed to be doing it's kinda neat. I just got my second character and think I can see where this is going and am sorta looking forward to seeing more now.

Edit:also patching it to change how long dropped stuff lasts for helps a ton too. I didn't even realize at first that I had to manually pick stuff up.

I'm super hooked, about to hit my 4th character tonight. Once it clicks for you how to split up resource gathering and take full advantage of the shared stash, everything gets real fun. It's definitely a slow burn of a start but it was like that with Idle Skilling too, the guy's self proclaimed dev attitude is better to start slow and buff later than let people skyrocket to power at the beginning and have to nerf stuff

There's also a tonnnn of secret/weird/undocumented easter egg type stuff and its a blast figuring it out

Post more stuff, I wanna compare notes and builds and the like

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, I'm of the same opinion. The beginning is real rough, but it definitely starts coming into its own once you get like, your third character.

It definitely helps that you get 1.6 talent point resets per character, and once you hit the second world you can buy 3/10 of a talent point reset per day. Makes experimentation less punishing.

RE:Builds, I'm not too sure there's much to say. The best damage build for pretty much every character seems to be putting points in the weapon damage talent in tab one, and the extra % damage per weapon damage in tab 2. With one point in every active you want to use, and maybe 15 or so points in the double attack skill?

Arzaac fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Nov 15, 2020

AotC
May 16, 2010
I decided to give Idleon another go after I heard they buffed the drop timer. It's alright so far, on my second character about to hit 3rd.

Surprising how much better it is when you don't have to click every minute and a half.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I like Idleon a lot, just 2 characters so far but it's pretty fun and steady progress. Plus, you can carry your little dudes through the initial grind with your main, just like in a real mmo :0

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh also, this takes a little bit to get to, but I've unlocked Alchemy in Idleon and this is the primo Idle Skilling content that I love. It's got 3 tabs that each have their own seperate upgrades: there's distilling water, which is used for upgrades in all 3 tabs; brewing in cauldrons, which gets you global character upgrades called bubbles; and vials, where you can drop in resources to unlock unique perks based on those resources.

It's overly complicated and crunchy, and seems like a ton of fun.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So i've got all of the exile gear at level 100 but for the life of me I've not seen the balls drop to let me unlock the other piece of gear.

Is there a step I'm missing or is it really just a matter of waiting to get lucky?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Do you ever automate pickups more in Idleon or is it always "return to screen for however long it's been and get like ~2-3 items"?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
so what's the SECRET CHEEVO mentioned in the patch notes in synergism

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Saraiguma posted:

so what's the SECRET CHEEVO mentioned in the patch notes in synergism

Ascended: Ascend 1414213 times

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

KazigluBey posted:

Do you ever automate pickups more in Idleon or is it always "return to screen for however long it's been and get like ~2-3 items"?

Overall the game seems to be dedicated to the idea that if you're going to be idle, just shut it down and get AFK progress. There's nothing that automates drops while you're active, so the most you'll get is items from the last 30 minutes.

While AFK you'll get 25% of what you'd get while active, though you can get skills to increase that percentage.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Is there anything in Synergism that tells you how many times you've ascended or is that a secret

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Red Minjo posted:

Is there anything in Synergism that tells you how many times you've ascended or is that a secret

not really, but you can bring up the console (f12 in chrome), and type player.ascensionCount to see it

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's strange that there are counters in the settings page for all the earlier reset tiers but not for ascensions.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

The new version that came out a few hours ago added an Ascension count to the settings page, funnily enough.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
If I haven't played it, is Idle Skilling worth trying?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Thanatosian posted:

I absolutely loved it. It doesn't have as long a tail as something like NGU; it consumed a good 2 months or so until I was pretty sure I had seen all there was to see. There's there's a ton of mechanics in there that all interact in neat ways and the guy's art style is kinda neat I think.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Thanatosian posted:

personally, I bounced off. some people it tickles a secret itch but it just wasn't for me. I think of you try for a day and it doesn't do it for you you can just stop

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Idle Skilling imo is a game that has a bunch of neat ideas; there's cool stuff like alchemy, where you mix together a bunch of different ingredients (gained from farming) to create a truly staggering number of potions that grant permanent buffs; pets, where you breed pets together to get new pets or pets with better traits, and send them off to do battle; and also a bunch of secrets, that reward you with bonuses for doing stuff that's not too obvious. (They're all on the wiki if hunting for them isn't your thing)

The biggest downside of Idle Skilling is a big lack of Automation or Quality of Life. If you've played NGU, there are a bunch of features that become way less important or require literally no attention the more you progress; stuff like basic training, advanced training, beards, all require no attention once you get far enough. Idle Skilling has none of that, and even on your end game rebirths you'll still have to manually spend money on raising strength, attack, health, smithing, fishing, things you've been doing since the literal start of the game. And since the game keeps adding new features, your to-do list just keeps getting longer and longer.

For what it's worth, I do wholeheartedly recommend idle skilling still. I think it's quite a lovely game, and I love the depth and variety there are to the skills you unlock. I eventually quit just because the number of things it wants me to do each rebirth got way too massive for me.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
A little attention to detail/QoL thing I really like in Trimps is how Void Maps also provide any upgrades (like Trapstorm or Hut Hut Hut) that you would've found in regular maps. Maybe it's just because they're just generating off the same code with slightly different parameters? Anyway I didn't expect that, and it's nice.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Yup, maps is maps no matter what

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Arzaac posted:

The biggest downside of Idle Skilling is a big lack of Automation or Quality of Life.

and this, personally, kills an idle game for me. automation is part of, yknow, the idle part of games, and it's not hard to code qol stuff for spending exp/fart points/whatever the gently caress. if we were still in the yeehaw old west of the genre i can forgive a game not having a lot of that, but this is a goddamn solved problem and if i have to babysit something every 30m or click forever every prestige then no thank you

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

how much corruption and distributed in what way is a good first go at the system in Synnergism? I'm about to do my second Ascension.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

KazigluBey posted:

how much corruption and distributed in what way is a good first go at the system in Synnergism? I'm about to do my second Ascension.

Don't use corruptions at all until you have fully automated ascensions and challenges. Unless you can ascend in a few seconds, don't even bother.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

KazigluBey posted:

Zero.

The system becomes useful much later, once you're auto-ascending at a pretty quick pace.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I'm just now getting platonic cubes and yeah don't do corruptions until you finish c12 pretty much. if you join the discord the pins in the progression channels have good advice and you don't have to interact with pubbies

the idea is until you get time scaling for longer ascending you want to be in and out asap. you'll add a few before ç14 gives you 100% scaling but only enough where you still ascend in 10s. for now scene as much as you can, split cubes between opening and first row upgrades, and when you feel like a deep run will get you auto challenge get it and save for auto ascend. after you have that your first overnight will blast you into space pretty fast

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Do we have a Goon World/Server for Legends of Idleon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Some madlad actually completed a prestige tree mod with a good amount of content. I've been playing it for several days and there's no end in sight. http://raw.githack.com/pg132/The-Modding-Tree/master/index.html