Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

AEW Heels 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I had no idea Mizuki was a freelancer to begin with, but she's got a high ceiling, her corckscrew body press thing is awesome.

For anyone who doesn't know Mizuki, just picture Riho but a lot louder and more energetic.

Stardom had a dark match on 2020's WK, hopefully they bump it up to the main card this year

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 14, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I had no idea Mizuki was a freelancer to begin with, but she's got a high ceiling, her corckscrew body press thing is awesome.

For anyone who doesn't know Mizuki, just picture Riho but a lot louder and more energetic.

She was mainly freelance so she could do the one Gatoh Move match a year she does.

Also you forgot the part where Mizuki is a lot more evil than Riho.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

RealFoxy posted:

I had no idea Mizuki was a freelancer to begin with

To be fair even Mizuki herself probably forgot from time to time. It is kind of funny that she wasn't technically TJPW up until now, since she's easily the most over member on the roster domestically.

Himawari Unagi showed up in Stardom today, teaming with Tam and Mina. She's changed her ring name to Sayaka Unagi, which is an interesting choice since it's also the name of an idol who got kicked out of the group ZOC for underage drinking last year.

edit:

https://twitter.com/youji4876/status/1327522943899893761

Suzu Suzuki lost the ICE x Infinity belt - like, literally lost it. She's still the champion, she just doesn't know where the belt is. Ice Ribbon are using the old ICE x 60 belt as a placeholder until they find or replace it.

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Nov 14, 2020

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

gona be hard for suzu suzuki to win the champion of the month poll with no belt.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I bought a shirt off Suzu at JTO and she told me "I have the same shirt". It made me laugh.

She said she lost the belt on the train so presumably it was after that show. Incidentally I spotted known enemy of Ice Ribbon, Giulia at Suidobashi train station after the show. Coincidence?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I heard a rumour that a known associate of Emi Sakura was also at Suidobashi train station after the show; perhaps it could have been them?

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Raku's gonna walk out wearing it at the next TJPW show

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

ItohRespectArmy posted:

gona be hard for suzu suzuki to win the champion of the month poll with no belt.

Didn't Jericho do exactly that tho?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

(aside from the fact I am voting for Yuka) Honestly, losing the belt makes me want to vote her champion of the month because that owns.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Is anyone planning to buy the Stardom PPV tomorrow?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

Is anyone planning to buy the Stardom PPV tomorrow?

i attempted to purchase the original yokohama show that got postponed due to positive COVID tests. pia requires a japanese phone number and i couldn't get around it. honestly even if it was available i don't think i'd be able to do this one as it's not as compelling a card, it's running against kobe world,and most of the people i was planning on attempting to watch yokohama with via a rabbit.tv type deal have comparatively sane, normal, adult sleeping schedules (couldn't imagine personally). this one's at a comparatively less friendly start time

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Thauros posted:

i attempted to purchase the original yokohama show that got postponed due to positive COVID tests. pia requires a japanese phone number and i couldn't get around it. honestly even if it was available i don't think i'd be able to do this one as it's not as compelling a card, it's running against kobe world,and most of the people i was planning on attempting to watch yokohama with via a rabbit.tv type deal have comparatively sane, normal, adult sleeping schedules (couldn't imagine personally). this one's at a comparatively less friendly start time

Yeah, 5am is far too early for me to buy a PPV knowing I will inevitably crash at some point during it. Plus I've already got the DG Network so seems a no brainer for me to pick that show. (Actually on that talk I should probably go to bed soon)

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Senerio posted:

Didn't Jericho do exactly that tho?

yeah but the AEW champion gets 20 votes minimum every time

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/riho_gtmv/status/1327811278409138176?s=19

Has she signed with Stardom lol?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

big week for wrestlers who wear pink and do double stomps I guess.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Has she signed with Stardom lol?

What a blow for gatoh move and AEW

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

she already graduated gatoh move and this is a considerably less difficult obstacle for aew than the pandemic america failed to contain

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stardom running the Nippon Budokan on March 3rd

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

given the backwards momentum they've experienced this year due to a wide variety of factors ranging from unforseen to horrific this seems kinda insane. apparently they did better at yokohama than i thought tho which is good at least

Thauros fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Nov 15, 2020

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Someone explain the Saki-sama gimmick to me. Is it like a Great Muta to Keiji Mutoh kind of thing

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

They're still drawing strong and they sold more tickets in October 2020 than October 2019 despite the covid restrictions and probably will repeat that this month if today's Sendai Sun Plaza show does well

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

Someone explain the Saki-sama gimmick to me. Is it like a Great Muta to Keiji Mutoh kind of thing

They're completely different people in kayfabe

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Schneider Heim posted:

It's an El Generico/Sami Zayn thing.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Saki-Sama is also the only heel in the entire company so she brings a unique element to the company

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Schneider Heim posted:

saki-sama is a completely different person and also the ultimate evil in TJPW

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Stardom: Utami won the red belt and will defend it against Momo on Dec. 20. Also, Syuri won the SWA belt from Bea and can defend it against Japanese wrestlers because she is half-filipina

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Stall_19 posted:

Saki-Sama is also the only heel in the entire company so she brings a unique element to the company

Oh that's cool (though from what I've seen so far Hikaru and Yuki seemed rather heelish)

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Schneider Heim posted:

Oh that's cool (though from what I've seen so far Hikaru and Yuki seemed rather heelish)

they will do low key cheating for sure but saki-sama is the only person in the company who does gently caress finishes/weapon shots/turns people evil/hires evil doctors, ect.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Yuki used to be more of a heel than she is now. She did a lot more cheating, eye-poking, etc.; she used to do a spot where she'd stop the match and freak out in English about the other wrestler "touch[ing her] loving hair." She still has some of that energy left but she's toned it down a lot. (I assume you mean Yuki Kamifuku, since Yuki Aino has an immensely powerful natural babyface aura.)

Sakisama and whoever she ropes into Neo Biishiki-gun with her are the main conventional heels of TJPW, but they used to have more cheater/chickenshit/"soft" heels than they do now; Hyper Misao is the only one left, really, and even she gets fewer affectionate boos than she used to. It does feel like Hikari wants to be more of a heel at least, but they probably won't let her go all the way as long as she's in Up Up Girls (Pro Wrestling). Other than that, most of the heelishness in any given TJPW match is up to whoever feels a little rude today.

Next time they go back to the "Sakisama takes on a Neo Biishiki-gun protege" well, I hope they give her two henchmen for a change, so that NBG can pose a bigger threat/do more than threaten and/or hold down the tag belts.

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Nov 15, 2020

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

ItohRespectArmy posted:

they will do low key cheating for sure but saki-sama is the only person in the company who does gently caress finishes/weapon shots/turns people evil/hires evil doctors, ect.
Evil doctors??

Johnny Landmine posted:

Yuki used to be more of a heel than she is now. She did a lot more cheating, eye-poking, etc.; she used to do a spot where she'd stop the match and freak out in English about the other wrestler "touch[ing her] loving hair." (I assume you mean Yuki Kamifuku, since Yuki Aino has an immensely powerful natural babyface aura.)

Sakisama and whoever she ropes into Neo Biishiki-gun with her are the main conventional heels of TJPW, but they used to have more cheater/chickenshit/"soft" heels than they do now; Hyper Misao is the only one left, really. It does feel like Hikari wants to be more of a heel at least, but they probably won't let her go all the way as long as she's in Up Up Girls (Pro Wrestling). Other than that, most of the heelishness in any given TJPW match is up to whoever feels a little rude today.

Next time they go back to the "Sakisama takes on a Neo Biishiki-gun protege" well, I hope they give her two henchmen for a change, so that NBG can pose a bigger threat/do more than threaten and/or hold down the tag belts.
Yeah I meant Yuki Kamifuku, she was pretty good. I've been watching Wrestle Princess and stopped after the Hyper Misao vs Saki Akai match

The one who's stood out the most for me so far was Yuna Manase who has some sick powerful lariats

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Schneider Heim posted:

Evil doctors??

Yeah I meant Yuki Kamifuku, she was pretty good. I've been watching Wrestle Princess and stopped after the Hyper Misao vs Saki Akai match

The one who's stood out the most for me so far was Yuna Manase who has some sick powerful lariats

Sakisama has in her employ a Black Jack ripoff named Yukio Saint Laurent (who is absolutely not DDT's Yukio Sakaguchi). He doesn't show up in TJPW very often; he played a bigger part in a storyline a couple years back where he helped Sakisama brainwash the now-retired Azusa Takigawa and turned her into the goth combat nun Azusa Christie.

Most of the TJPW roster has improved by leaps and bounds over the past couple years but Yuki Kamifuku is probably at the top of the list for most improved. I think that's a big part of why she started backing off on the cheaty stuff.

Yuna Manase recently left TJPW as a full-time member, which is unfortunate because she was one of the most experienced members of the roster by a lot, but the promotion she's affiliated with now is another DDT offshoot so she'll probably keep showing up like this every now and then.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Schneider Heim posted:

Evil doctors??

saki-sama has had MULTIPLE evil doctors over her fueds, one more conventional and her personal surgeon who did nerve holds and resembled yukio sakagachi.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1327848850543972353

the 5 way match not having mizuki in it continues my brain rot that mizuki is going to join neo-b

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/puffinbrain/status/1327932234825826306?s=19

Act Yasukawa vs Tae Honma happened today

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

utami goat

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

ItohRespectArmy posted:

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1327848850543972353

the 5 way match not having mizuki in it continues my brain rot that mizuki is going to join neo-b

Before the Mizuki vs Yuka title match I was hype for the possibility of evil Mizuki but after all the hugging and friendship it would now absolutely break my heart if she turned. This means that it's the perfect time.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
what was the big women's wrestling news that dave was teasing for today

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

stardom at budokan on march 3rd

here is a tweet of it. I don't know if people like tweets to be posts, these days. The post came first and now I've edited this tweet into it below.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1328120891281076224

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

WHAT
https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1329743990212620288?s=20