Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

Send Help Trapped In President Factory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lamech posted:

Send Help Trapped In President Factory

lol

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I have been, and shall always be, your favorite president

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

smoobles posted:

I have been, and shall always be, your favorite president (me)

ickna
May 19, 2004

lol

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
lol

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

smoobles posted:

I have been, and shall always be, your favorite president

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few," Q said, tears in his eyes.

"Or the one (me)," Trump replied.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Strong Sauce posted:

bush is still at the top. killed more people than trump ever did.

well i guess trump killed more americans so yeah...
So Trump... Is actually good?

J/k but yeah Bush set a pretty high mark in terms of war crimes, but if you ignore that for a moment, Trump is way worse

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I hope we get one of these this year

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1077255770725601280

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Hazo posted:

This Dominion thing is going to continue being super loving annoying. Just a random private software company.

That's the problem when you give a political a scary sounding codename, people will try to invalidate and undermine it constantly. Like when David Cameron decided to call the anti-Brexit, pro-EU research "Project Fear". It just fuels populism because it sounds sinister and people will latch onto it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

mobby_6kl posted:

So Trump... Is actually good?

J/k but yeah Bush set a pretty high mark in terms of war crimes, but if you ignore that for a moment, Trump is way worse

They're both horrid pieces of poo poo that deserve the worst in their own unique ways.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

OldMemes posted:

That's the problem when you give a political a scary sounding codename, people will try to invalidate and undermine it constantly. Like when David Cameron decided to call the anti-Brexit, pro-EU research "Project Fear". It just fuels populism because it sounds sinister and people will latch onto it.

counterpoint: this spy satellite with a badass octopus logo which made me latch onto it like an octopus onto a planet

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Reminder that at this point the GOP still controlled both the House and the Senate. He couldn't get his own party to fund his stupid wall lol.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Riding around in that thing with Trump must be miserable. It's hermetically sealed from exterior chemical and biological gas threats.
Inside it probably smells like fast food wrappers and fish farts

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Not legal vote

*drowns*

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Strong Sauce posted:

one of his first comments is that it should be criminal to have a venezuelan company make software... to which i ask... do they know how much poo poo is made in china? like they don't even extend their logic to the fact that almost every single thing americans used has been touched by "communist" china.

To be fair, most things that the US government interacts with in any way have really strict controls around how the software is developed, who's allowed to work on it, etc. so it's weird that we don't have a national standard for how our election software is supposed to work and instead have this total mishmash of random poo poo made by the lowest bidder for every state. With some places using paper and others using touchscreens from several different vendors it's just confusing and weird and opens us up for poo poo like the Diebold boogeyman in 2000/2004 or Dominion this year. Of course, having a national system would probably be a shitshow too so maybe there's no good solution here.

VVV yes but they have ~different names~ and Diebold was a “far-right making the GOP win” conspiracy while Dominion is a “far-left making the dems win” conspiracy so it’s totally different

Vidmaster fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Nov 15, 2020

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
For the last time: Dominion *IS* Diebold.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

LifeSunDeath posted:

bush becoming quaint in comparison to trump is really unreal:
https://i.imgur.com/toUcr80.mp4

we used to be so mad at this war crime president for making us look like fools, well we really showed the world what fools we look like.

Say what you will about Bush, but fucker could dodge shoes better than any other prez.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Pick posted:

all we found out from hunter's laptop is his dad loves him and hunter loves drugs and hot chicks

It's literally The Chad Hunter Biden vs. The Virgin Don Jr.

Hunter:
*Dad loves him
*Bangs hot chicks
*Does drugs
*Is human

Don Jr.:
*Dad hates him
*Gets wasted on TV
*Kills animals because people bully him
*Somehow dumber than the other Trump kids

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

canyoneer posted:

Riding around in that thing with Trump must be miserable. It's hermetically sealed from exterior chemical and biological gas threats.
Inside it probably smells like fast food wrappers and fish farts

Which is fine since he gave them all COVID and they can’t smell anything anyway

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Cornbinks posted:

counterpoint: this spy satellite with a badass octopus logo which made me latch onto it like an octopus onto a planet

Yeah the National Reconnaissance Office has some pretty sick mission logos. Like someone high-up there is just really into this poo poo:

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Bogus Adventure posted:

Hunter:
*Dad loves him
*Bangs hot chicks
*Does drugs
*Is human

Don Jr.:
*Dad hates him
*Gets wasted on TV

Please add:

*Will inherit NOTHING and still be named Trump

(lol)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bogus Adventure posted:

Hunter:
*Dad loves him
*Bangs hot chicks
*Does drugs
*Is human

Don Jr.:
*Dad hates him
*Gets wasted on TV

Let's not pretend the Trump kids don't love drugs too or that the Bidens have humanity.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Thanks for the suggestions y’all. I think my dad is addicted to the personalities/opinion pieces on TV news channels more than the reportage and would like to find actual, good progressive voices for him to read in addition to the news sources lest I find him reading modern-day Taibbi or Greenwald lol.

Thanks everybody who responded!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

This one is associated with the most ominous, super-villain like mission, isn't it?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Power Khan posted:

Please add:

*Will inherit NOTHING and still be named Trump

(lol)

Thank you for the reminder because this is a huge LOL! Also Daddy's Li'l Pissbitch has been working so hard to make himself the political heir apparent, only problem is that not even OAN will give a poo poo about him once Old Man Shitpants kicks off. I think if any of the criminal family enterprise blows their brains out it's gonna be jr

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Cthulu Carl posted:

This one is associated with the most ominous, super-villain like mission, isn't it?

Anyone who asks questions about it ends up dead, so yeah probably.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Cthulu Carl posted:

It looks really familiar...

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Vidmaster posted:

To be fair, most things that the US government interacts with in any way have really strict controls around how the software is developed, who's allowed to work on it, etc. so it's weird that we don't have a national standard for how our election software is supposed to work and instead have this total mishmash of random poo poo made by the lowest bidder for every state. With some places using paper and others using touchscreens from several different vendors it's just confusing and weird and opens us up for poo poo like the Diebold boogeyman in 2000/2004 or Dominion this year. Of course, having a national system would probably be a shitshow too so maybe there's no good solution here.

VVV yes but they have ~different names~ and Diebold was a “far-right making the GOP win” conspiracy while Dominion is a “far-left making the dems win” conspiracy so it’s totally different

that's by design in case the plebians mess up and try to elect someone who represents their interests, it's easier to manipulate or discredit the results

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Bush was a garbage president who did so much to destroy America domestically and internationally, but at least the part of his brain that allows him to smile and chuckle after trying to open the wrong door was there. Trump's brain is entirely devoted to racism, fantasizing about his daughter, and self adoration. They were both garbage presidents, but Trump has no humanity.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Cthulu Carl posted:

It's clearly a rabbit, but it says "great bear". Something's clearly hosed up there.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

re: nro satellites

jack and elwood

proving that spooks have, at best, heard about the blues brothers but never actually seen it

Megaraptor
Dec 10, 2004

Life, uh...finds a way

lol can you imagine if this idiot were president.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1328055196904251397?s=19

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Megaraptor posted:

lol can you imagine if this idiot were president.

I have some bad news for you.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

I lol when I think of the Trump Wall. I was hoping that after all his BS he would only ever complete the trial walls that they built near San Diego, just several sad little squares of wall near the border. But they did end up building some actual border wall:

quote:

In September 2019, Trump said he planned to build 450–500 miles (720–800 km) of new wall by the end of 2020.[6] By October 29 2020, 400 miles (640 km) had been built, all but about nine miles being replacement of existing outdated or dilapidated barriers

But according to wikipedia only 9 miles of new wall have been constructed HA HA gently caress you 'master builder'! Remember all the fan art of big crazy walls with trains running atop them for some reason?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Hmmm, broken clocks and all that.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Well poo poo Trungo, I agree with you 100% here.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/clickhole/status/977651355421757440?lang=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Finally a tweet not flagged for falsehoods, lol