Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Kazy posted:

New chapter, and some prime Karkat. :toot: though i don't remember when Dave died, was this the universe where he had a robot body or no?

It's more "presumed dead by everyone else in Candy-timeline Earth C" because nobody knows about the whole "getting a robot body from Obama and loving off into the void with the spooky Calliope" thing.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

If this was directed at me, I'm just annoyed that we have yet to see Candy Roxy and Meat Roxy also hasn't gotten to do anything in a very long while and I'm expressing that frustration through a Simpsons meme.

The Davekat fans are getting all the food in Homestuck^2, but the Roxy fans are out starving in the rain.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
''Punished'' Karat is pretty great.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

If this was directed at me, I'm just annoyed that we have yet to see Candy Roxy and Meat Roxy also hasn't gotten to do anything in a very long while and I'm expressing that frustration through a Simpsons meme.

The Davekat fans are getting all the food in Homestuck^2, but the Roxy fans are out starving in the rain.
Absolutely true. And it was weird that Dirk went from "omg Roxy is my bestest friend and the bestest person" to basically ignoring her in both Meat and Candy. He has an aside about he can't figure out what's going on with her because of the Voidy thing, but that's it.

We did see Candy Roxy, though. She and John had a pleasant heart-to-heart in Roxy's apartment.

I am highly amused by the number of people I brush online shoulders with who abandoned Homestuck after the Epilogues but are retweeting pictures of Hottie Commander Karkat.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Absolutely true. And it was weird that Dirk went from "omg Roxy is my bestest friend and the bestest person" to basically ignoring her in both Meat and Candy. He has an aside about he can't figure out what's going on with her because of the Voidy thing, but that's it.

We did see Candy Roxy, though. She and John had a pleasant heart-to-heart in Roxy's apartment.

I am highly amused by the number of people I brush online shoulders with who abandoned Homestuck after the Epilogues but are retweeting pictures of Hottie Commander Karkat.

She was in like two panels and didn't even get to say anything! :colbert:

This sponge bob meme captures my feelings about that:

Just replace Sponge Bob with Roxy in your mind because I'm too lazy to edit the image right now (and at all points in the future).

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

One of my Discords pointed that Jade is the most overpowered god-tier in the rebellion, with Dave high in the rankings. There is no strategic reason to have Jade and Dave off investigating ruins when they could and should be wreaking havoc. The only explanation is that Karkat is keeping Dave far from any possible heroic death.

I had forgotten that Roxy didn't say anything in that scene. Bah.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Well, that and Dave absolutely hates violence.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arsenic Lupin posted:

One of my Discords pointed that Jade is the most overpowered god-tier in the rebellion, with Dave high in the rankings. There is no strategic reason to have Jade and Dave off investigating ruins when they could and should be wreaking havoc. The only explanation is that Karkat is keeping Dave far from any possible heroic death.

I had forgotten that Roxy didn't say anything in that scene. Bah.

Look, if any of the Gods actually got off their assess and did something the race war would end in an hour and there would be no plot. The entire story hinges on all of them being too self absorbed in their petty little personal lives to meaningfully contribute to society.

Just like how the rich and powerful behave in the real world!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

They did address your point of "why didn't John blow out the fire".

On the side of the fascists, we have
Jane

On the side of the rebellion, we have
Rose, Dave, Jade

Too depressed to be involved:
John

Too ambivalent to be involved:
Roxy

Too evil to be involved:
Dirk

As you say, Jane could have been curbstomped in about five minutes if the rebellion didn't worry about collateral damage. Her life powers aren't worth poo poo as an offensive weapon, and Jade could be tossing spaceships into the neverever like screaming confetti.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 2, 2020

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
https://twitter.com/homestuck/status/1323813316360310785

I.... huh? What prompted this?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Hentai

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Can you imagine how hosed up it would be if someone under 18 years of age read Homestuck?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

someone high up at viz media actually read some of the epilogues and homestuck^2 and their blood pressure spiked through the roof as they realized they own this property

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
hey everybody im back! what have i missed since the caliborn act

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa7O8juc44k

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Because I don't have control of my actions I'm rereading Homestuck 1) more slowly 2) in the original format 3) while looking up discussions from around the time of big important stuff happening.

I'm enjoying myself to an alarming degree. I realize what a blur Act 5 was in my mind originally because I kinda hatebinged swatches of it. I plan to take a lengthy break before Act 6 so I won't get stymied like I did before by "Jesus why is this one so long better skim it even faster than 5"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bogart posted:

Eh, not much.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
instead of reading homestuck2 ive been reading fanventures - this one is pretty great: Sburb Done Quick (for best results, read it in your best agdq couch commentator guy voice)

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

tinaun posted:

instead of reading homestuck2 ive been reading fanventures - this one is pretty great: Sburb Done Quick (for best results, read it in your best agdq couch commentator guy voice)

I'm like four pages in and I love it, haha

edit: finished it - very excellent!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 4, 2020

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Bogart posted:

run

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

tinaun posted:

This might have made reading Homestuck worth it, if only because I understand all of the stupid game logic for this to make sense.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

tinaun posted:

Oh my god this rules

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hiveswap act 2 out tomorrow at 7

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I got an email saying there'd be a release date announcement and a gameplay teaser streaming on Youtube tomorrow afternoon, and I don't think the release date announcement will be "now."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

A good poster posted:

I got an email saying there'd be a release date announcement and a gameplay teaser streaming on Youtube tomorrow afternoon, and I don't think the release date announcement will be "now."

Yeah, I misunderstood what was happening. I thought they were putting the game out because having a teaser for a release date is dumb.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I was genuinely surprised when it wasn't 11/11, although of course slippage is a thing.

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
The gameplay trailer was really cute. This is the first time I've been excited for something Homestuck related since... Hiveswap Act 1, funnily enough.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Just woke up from a nap and discovered the game comes out November 25th, which is good for me because I'll be slammed with projects till then and can't afford any distractions.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Hopefully it’ll be more memorable than the first act which was “cute” as the big feedback but completely bland

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clawtopsy posted:

Hopefully it’ll be more memorable than the first act which was “cute” as the big feedback but completely bland

It's supposed to be a lot longer and they redid the gameplay from the ground up, so signs are looking good.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It's supposed to be a lot longer and they redid the gameplay from the ground up, so signs are looking good.

Ooh, say more!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Ooh, say more!

Well, I haven't heard much, just that it has a play length of about 8 hours (although you can complete it in a longer or shorter time depending on how long you faff about) and the gameplay is more phoenix wright inspired this time.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Hopefully they made the inventory system a complete mess and clunky to use.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hopefully they made the inventory system a complete mess and clunky to use.

And even the slightest mistake will launch your items across the room and out a window.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
The VN bit portraits look real nice. A step up from Friendsim for sure

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Yeah, both the art and the animation are significantly better.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Okay, I woke up my old Macbook so I could transfer my Hiveswap Episode 1 save files up to Google Cloud and down to my PC. I am just betting that Hiveswap Episode 2 will drop while I'm on the phone with a dying old college friend (not an exaggeration, it's a weekly thing, it sucks), or while I'm cooking supper.

e: Welp. I couldn't sleep last night, but my sense of decency apparently did. Sorry about that.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 21, 2020

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I don't remember where my save file was lol.

I do know I don't have the steam version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Hiveswap didn't use the Steam cloud because that would simplify life too much.

If you still have the same computer, here are the file locations for PC, Mac, and Linux.