Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
why does patricia seem to have some kind of voodoo powers that get the lions to struggle to a win and stave off his firing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

tinstaach posted:

Is Harbaugh really a thing or is it a bunch of Michiganders saying the coach of the college team I like should coach the NFL team I like

michigan fans are completely melting down about harbaugh right now so they're trying to figure out a way to get rid of him

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/MarkPotash/status/1328143631606276096?s=20

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Michigan is 1-3 and it’s not hard luck losses and such. The team is lifeless, it’s shocking. Like to the point where I am wondering if Greg Roman and Fangio deserve far more credit for the Niner teams.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

See this is different. Usually the bears let an RB go who then turns into a best. Letting the defense have a turn this time.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

I'm going to scream if he's the next Greg olsen

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

tinstaach posted:

Is Harbaugh really a thing or is it a bunch of Michiganders saying the coach of the college team I like should coach the NFL team I like

people who like u of m do not like harbaugh

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
How much money did Robert Quinn get paid

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Hand Row posted:

Michigan is 1-3 and it’s not hard luck losses and such. The team is lifeless, it’s shocking. Like to the point where I am wondering if Greg Roman and Fangio deserve far more credit for the Niner teams.

He was legit good at Stanford and San Diego before though in college. Which is a part of why this whole meltdown is funny as a whole.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

Hand Row posted:

To add on to this, Michigan was favored by multiple touchdowns over their in-state rival (Michigan State University) after U of M won comfortably in their first game of the season against Minnesota and MSU lost to a team that was the conference punching bag ever since they joined the conference (Rutgers). Michigan proceeded to lose to MSU, never had the lead at any point, and so far is the only win of MSU's season. Michigan followed up on what is arguably the worst loss of Harbaugh's U of M coaching career by getting easily handled by a team they hadn't lost to in decades (Indiana) then getting pounded 49-11 by a team (Wisconsin) that had, due to COVID, not played a game in almost a month.

Better yet, Harbuagh is one of the highest paid coaches in all of college football and has nothing of real substance to show for it. No division titles, no conference titles, zero wins over their primary rival (Ohio State) including a few losses where Ohio State beat the brakes off of them... all of that failure over the span of six years.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot Diggity! posted:

How much money did Robert Quinn get paid

quote:

Robert Quinn signed a 5 year, $70,000,000 contract with the Chicago Bears, including a $3,000,000 signing bonus, $30,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $14,000,000. In 2020, Quinn will earn a base salary of $3,000,000 and a signing bonus of $15,500,000, while carrying a cap hit of $6,100,000 and a dead cap value of $18,500,000.

seems like average market rate for a FA pass rusher?

lol though that he's 30 and the bears signed him for 5 seasons

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Falconer posted:

To add on to this, Michigan was favored by multiple touchdowns over their in-state rival (Michigan State University) after U of M won comfortably in their first game of the season against Minnesota and MSU lost to a team that was the conference punching bag ever since they joined the conference (Rutgers). Michigan proceeded to lose to MSU, never had the lead at any point, and so far is the only win of MSU's season. Michigan followed up on what is arguably the worst loss of Harbaugh's U of M coaching career by getting easily handled by a team they hadn't lost to in decades (Indiana) then getting pounded 49-11 by a team (Wisconsin) that had, due to COVID, not played a game in almost a month.

Better yet, Harbuagh is one of the highest paid coaches in all of college football and has nothing of real substance to show for it. No division titles, no conference titles, zero wins over their primary rival (Ohio State) including a few losses where Ohio State beat the brakes off of them... all of that failure over the span of six years.

i am sorry but lol

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

seems like average market rate for a FA pass rusher?

lol though that he's 30 and the bears signed him for 5 seasons

I thought maybe they structured his deal so they could get out of it after 2 years or so with minimal losses but nope. They'd have to wait until 2022 to cut him to even save anything against the cap, and then it'd be 7 mil with a 10 mil dead money. Realistically he's not cuttable until 2023.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SunshineDanceParty posted:

He was legit good at Stanford and San Diego before though in college. Which is a part of why this whole meltdown is funny as a whole.

He was, and he had early success at Michigan as well, but he also plateaued early and seems to be backsliding. I think he’a historically been proof at finding assistants and coaching fundamentally sound teams but I think his assistant mojo may have left him and now everything is just sort of falling apart. He still wouldn’t be a bad gamble for an NFL team though.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I wouldn’t touch him for the NFL - if you can’t win games when you have players that are more skilled across the board, how are you going to do it with league parity and a salary cap?

Agreed that Fangio did a lot of lifting for the 49ers.

Edit: that 4th and 1 decision to do a shotgun draw last week was a canary in the mine.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Doesn't harbaugh have as many wins over top 10 opponents as lovie at illinois

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I felt more nervous about playing Illinois than Michigan. Lovie can work some magic.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Abugadu posted:

I wouldn’t touch him for the NFL - if you can’t win games when you have players that are more skilled across the board, how are you going to do it with league parity and a salary cap.

This hasn’t been his issue at Michigan for the most part, outside of this year when everything has gone off the rails. His Michigan teams usually beat the and they out-talent, they just can’t beat OSU. Recruiting rankings are almost entirely made up and I think don’t think your average Michigan team under Harbaugh has been more talented than, say, Iowa.

College and the NFL are very different games and there’s only so many decent candidates out there. I’d rather take a chance on him than, I dunno, Doug Marrone or <unnamed pats assistant> or whoever.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
As a fair-weather Michigan fan I was calling for Harbaugh's head last year, but considering what a terrible idea it was to play any football this year and how slapped together the Big Ten's season is, I'm willing to give him a pass. That said his resume is longer than "know Bill Belichek's coffee order" and "realized that the Seahawks were going to do a dumb goal-line play that one time" so gently caress yeah bring him to Detroit.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1328053315167526915

Twitter crops the embed slightly, there's a fifth defender at the very top.

Just a consistent pattern of Packers ST being bad.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Falconer posted:

In fairness, he moved them from below-average to above-average (three 10 win seasons) quicker than I expected. I think everyone forgets just how horrible they were under Rodriguez and how mediocre they were under Hoke

That said, he's being paid *huge* money to make them elite, not just above-average.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

In 2016, David Bakhtiari signed a 4-year contract extension in week 1. The Packers went on to defeat the Jaguars by 4 points, 27-23.

In 2020, David Bakhtiari signed a 4-year contract extension in week 10. The Packers went on to defeat the Jaguars by 4 points, 24-20.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Very excited to watch a game tonight between a team with no offense and my team who's quarterback's most reliable trait is his ability to lose on Monday night.

Tie game? 16-6 Bears? I have Cook in fantasy and I'm down 5 points going into this game and even Yahoo is saying I've only got an 80% chance to win :cripes:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Bears are gonna lose 3-2.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

We've seen this before for MIN in CHI.

The bears are gonna stack the line to stop Cook and pressure Cousins.

Cook is gonna end up within 56 yards, and Cousins is gonna look terrible as the extra pressure keeps him uncomfortable all game. For a line of like 18-30 for 180 yards and 2 INTs.

Foles is gonna hit like 2 deep shots to WRs who get forgotten in coverage to make the game like 13-3 and the Vikings are gonna lose and look god drat awful.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Cousins gets hurt midway through and Mannion gets carried by Jefferson and Thielen, because he isn't a coward whose afraid to ruin his stats line. Mannion Mania baby

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
I don't see the game ending without at least one third down interception from Cousins. Its possibly going to be a kicker shootout which would be great too.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Jaylon Johnson gets his first pick six tonight. Book it.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Going to ask this before we get to bask in the shitshow that will be the Vikes / Bears game:

Did the Jaguars defense actually look pretty good or was that just the Packers playing down to their opponent? I'm hesitant to write it off because Davante was actually not coming up with every single pass on contested catches and Aaron Jones was bottled up pretty effectively.

ghosthorse posted:

I have Cook in fantasy and I'm down 5 points going into this game and even Yahoo is saying I've only got an 80% chance to win :cripes:

If it makes you feel any better that 20% loss chance is almost entirely due to injury/covid last minute fuckups.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

OxySnake posted:

We've seen this before for MIN in CHI.

The bears are gonna stack the line to stop Cook and pressure Cousins.

Cook is gonna end up within 56 yards, and Cousins is gonna look terrible as the extra pressure keeps him uncomfortable all game. For a line of like 18-30 for 180 yards and 2 INTs.

Foles is gonna hit like 2 deep shots to WRs who get forgotten in coverage to make the game like 13-3 and the Vikings are gonna lose and look god drat awful.

loving time traveler here.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
From what I saw it was a little of both. The jags d just seemed to be playing hard and fighting for balls and generally putting in effort. The packers on the other hand looked sluggish and rodgers int was just a really ugly pass. Also the jags had a few plays where they had our d completely beat but the throw just didn't connect. If even a couple of those land this could easily have been a loss.

It uh doesn't inspire a ton of confidence going forward

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

That was more or less my exact take. The only thing I feel good about is we seem to play at our opponent's level. But then again there's that nagging Tampa game...

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

GDT: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3948195

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Love that I’m watching this game on The U.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Bird in a Blender posted:

Love that I’m watching this game on The U.

oh hell yes, no need for a choppy stream!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Bring on the Lazor offense!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

And that's that

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

And this is not the GDT

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Bears got a non offense TD. Sorry Vikes. You’re screwed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
imagine thinking that it's possible to hate these teams more than fans of these teams hate these teams.