Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

AlphaKeny1 posted:

agreed, theres some pretty bad level design in that game. never design games with waiting in mind unless it's suspenseful or something

this is giving me crippling Hitman flashbacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

AlphaKeny1 posted:

agreed, theres some pretty bad level design in that game. never design games with waiting in mind unless it's suspenseful or something

Even worse because I made it up relatively easy first time, but did it again because I thought loving around with the elevators would open up the door to the right where an item is.

Game is pretty cool so far but yeah that snowy/windy section has been pretty lovely.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I bought the full version of katamari and it has a proper tutorial thank gently caress. I thought the controls were just bad but it turns out I had no idea what I was doing. I can absolutely see why people go nuts for this soundtrack, i'm only three levels in but it absolutely kicks a lot of rear end so far
poo poo, when it got released I heard all the talk about it being this weird classic that sounded right up my alley but had the same experience with the demo and never thought about it again. Bought and downloading now, thanks!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Huge data leak from the recent Capcom random ware hack.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/massive-capcom-data-leak-plans-for-re4-vr-mh-rise-stories-2-pc-full-source-code-for-dmc2.326999/

Of note is a brand new Switch exclusive IP code named Guillotine...

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cartoon Man posted:

Huge data leak from the recent Capcom random ware hack.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/massive-capcom-data-leak-plans-for-re4-vr-mh-rise-stories-2-pc-full-source-code-for-dmc2.326999/

Of note is a brand new Switch exclusive IP code named Guillotine...

Didn't they have a trailer for some weird as gently caress game where you played as King Louis XIV's decapitated body double back at E3 2011 or something, that never came out?

A guy came on stage and his head feel off and he caught it

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

that sounds incredible. i sure hope it is that.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Hi. I know nothing of the Switch besides the OP.

How on earth do you acquire one of these?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you can wait , there will be a nice Black Friday bundle that has Mario Kart pre-installed along with a year of online included. Should be plentiful at all stores too, it was last year.

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

Thanks for the answers regarding the Switch Pro and SN30 Pro+ controllers. AFAIK my motherboard (MSI X470 Gaming Plus) doesn't support Bluetooth which is why I mentioned 8BitDo's Bluetooth Adapter. It looks like I'll be going with the SN30 Pro+ along with these buttons for nostalgia's sake (kinda sucks to find out the SF30 variants got discontinued due to legal issues). The lack of Switch features mentioned doesn't bother me since I don't use Amiibos and I couldn't really tell the difference between HD rumble and regular rumble anyways. I also primarily use my Switch in tabletop mode so I don't mind that the controller can't wake up the console.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Finished up Pikmin 3 story and Olimar's missions this weekend! Really fun game. I'm already looking forward to another playthrough now that I know the areas and fruit locations. It's a ton of fun planning out routes and seeing how much stuff you can accomplish in a day.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Didn't they have a trailer for some weird as gently caress game where you played as King Louis XIV's decapitated body double back at E3 2011 or something, that never came out?

A guy came on stage and his head feel off and he caught it

Wasn't that for Konami classic Neverdead?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sakurazuka posted:

Wasn't that for Konami classic Neverdead?

Oh yeah it was Konami. Wait did that ever actually come out?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

god I forgot how much the story of No More Heroes 2 sucks. they just completely lost the plot

also how lovely the final boss is

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
So pumped for the serious sam collection, there's 1 and 2 on switch as homebrew but they're laggy and ive never played 3 so pretty stoked

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

sure did

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Muk Dumpster posted:

So pumped for the serious sam collection, there's 1 and 2 on switch as homebrew but they're laggy and ive never played 3 so pretty stoked

I uh wouldn't get your hopes up about 3

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Are any of those first party Black Friday deals coming to Canada?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The Postman posted:

Finished up Pikmin 3 story and Olimar's missions this weekend! Really fun game. I'm already looking forward to another playthrough now that I know the areas and fruit locations. It's a ton of fun planning out routes and seeing how much stuff you can accomplish in a day.

oh man, you're really gonna love Mission Mode then. I saw someone say that the post-game Olimar side story really stepped up the difficulty but honestly it's not that much harder than the regular game. On the other hand, pretty much every Mission Mode level is gonna push your speed to the limits, plus most of them have 3 characters so you have to constantly be switching. honestly they show the limits of the single button switch and not having the map on the tablet, on the Switch it's harder to get all three Koppaites working full speed when you don't have as much control over disassembling your pikmin groups as you used to.

Boss missions are way easier though, I got platinums on the first four bosses on my first try.

edit: all the DLC is in there, I must have not unlocked the last set

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Nov 16, 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

And it's such a good controller too, I use it whenever I can. SoR4 is so much fun with it.

River City Girls, too. And Mario 35.

Muscle Tracer posted:

this is giving me crippling Hitman flashbacks

But there's something absurdly satisfying about waiting for just the right moment to strike like a predator.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Yeah, it did. It's..certainly a Rebellion game. The Megadeth song was okay I guess.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
As someone who got the little Mario brick bluetooth dongle in the mail on Thursday, it's temperamental how games interact with it on PC.

Blasphemous: At least two buttons don't work at all and the rebind menu does nothing so it's useless
Fall Guys: Shows Sony buttons, no inputs work
SoR4: Shows as an Xbox pad, works fine

This was the same for both the SN30+ and the Switch Pro controllers.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Just got my first victory in Hades after picking it up on Halloween on sale. Game is good as hell but the slowdown that I assume is exclusive to switch is pretty annoying. Is there a thread for the game so i can dorkchat about builds?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stan Taylor posted:

Just got my first victory in Hades after picking it up on Halloween on sale. Game is good as hell but the slowdown that I assume is exclusive to switch is pretty annoying. Is there a thread for the game so i can dorkchat about builds?

Where are you experiencing slowdown?

I also just escaped for the first time (run 29) and I've not noticed a problem

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I got some when I had the Adamant Rail upgrade that splits it into 5 mortars.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I get slowdown pretty consistently in chambers with a lot of dudes when I run especially crunchy builds.

Here’s an example I grabbed the other day:
https://twitter.com/douchetoevsky/status/1328103978651926530?s=21

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I get slowdown on trove trials but otherwise it runs pretty much perfectly

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've played it for like 70 hours and had it slow down twice

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Muk Dumpster posted:

This should be awesome, I bought 1 and 2 for the 360 and performance was good even then.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Might be worth noting I started my Hades file on HELL MODE which apparently bumps up enemy spawns by 20% which is probably why I'm seeing slowdown pretty regularly.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Rabelais D posted:

2017 was such a good launch year for Switch; Zelda BOTW, Mario Odyssey and a Mario Kart port. Every year since has been disappointing by comparison when it comes to first party releases. I like my switch but its two best games came out in 2017 and nothing has matched them in the three years and change we've had since then.

The road through 2017 was so good. Each month felt significant in that it ushered in some aspect that widened the scope of potential for the Switch. And then 2018 happened and you immediately get The world’s worst Kirby game and the rest of the year is almost as eventful. Lmao.

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Nov 16, 2020

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh

Augus posted:

god I forgot how much the story of No More Heroes 2 sucks. they just completely lost the plot

The main thing I remember from 2 was how they made the game part a lot better but made the story/bosses much less interesting. Nothing as memorable as the first game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Augus posted:

Even Henry agrees with you. "Nah gently caress this, I'm out"

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I’ve had slowdown in hades on switch a lot

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Thanks for whoever said ABZU was only €2!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Stan Taylor posted:

I get slowdown pretty consistently in chambers with a lot of dudes when I run especially crunchy builds.

Here’s an example I grabbed the other day:
https://twitter.com/douchetoevsky/status/1328103978651926530?s=21

Is this in docked or handheld mode?

I've had some slowdowns but nothing that bad from my 75hrs play time. All in handheld.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Cartoon Man posted:

If you can wait , there will be a nice Black Friday bundle that has Mario Kart pre-installed along with a year of online included. Should be plentiful at all stores too, it was last year.

Do you think that'll only be in person? I've never gone out on Black Friday because it's terrible and that sounds like a superspreader event. Would Amazon or any other online retailers have it? Right now it's just "other sellers" having them on Amazon for $400+.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Googling that says it starts Nov.22nd

SF Gate's clone of a CNet article posted:

The bundle will be available at five retailers: Amazon, Walmart, Target, Best Buy and GameStop. Currently, only Best Buy has set up a product page for the Black Friday bundle, which you can find below. You might want to bookmark this page, because we'll be adding the other retailers as their pages come online.

Repeat of last year's bundle pound for pound I believe.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I guess I'll be watching Amazon at 11:59pm on the 21st!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Do you think that'll only be in person? I've never gone out on Black Friday because it's terrible and that sounds like a superspreader event. Would Amazon or any other online retailers have it? Right now it's just "other sellers" having them on Amazon for $400+.

It will be both. Securing one from Amazon will be dicey. BestBuy, Walmart, and Target all offer curbside pickup, might try for that. There’s going to be lots of stock spread around, it shouldn’t be something you have to constantly hit refresh for right when it launches. Keep checking here and the deals thread, somebody will post a link on how to get one.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Nov 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Cartoon Man posted:

It will be both. Securing one from Amazon will be dicey. BestBuy, Walmart, and Target all offer curbside pickup, might try for that. There’s going to be lots of stock spread around, it shouldn’t be something you have to constantly hit refresh for right when it launches. Keep checking here and the deals thread, somebody will post a link on how to get one.

Cool I appreciate the help guys. I'm not a Nintendo guy really but this one seems cool because it's portable. I bought a Wii and Wii Fit when I worked there (yes and I'm an uncle) so I could better understand what I was doing tech support for but I never really used it. I also wanna get that Ring game so I can pretend I'm exercising.

edit: where's the deals thread?

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Nov 16, 2020