Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Alexander going out was the death knell. I feel better about the rematch, if we get a few starters back it should be competitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Holy Sm0kes the Bengals did it!

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Eifert Posting posted:

Alexander going out was the death knell. I feel better about the rematch, if we get a few starters back it should be competitive.

lol doubtful

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

f for the ravens, rip them

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Eifert Posting posted:

Imagine thinking this

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
At least Covid will kill us all before the Superbowl.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
This season is over. Just forfeit. We have no chance with the injuries we have. All we're going to do is get Lamar hurt or Dobbins.

And this is what I mean. I thought we were going to win. We lost. It happens every time.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Dangerously close to Lost Season vibes there

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Freaquency posted:

Dangerously close to Lost Season vibes there

It basically is. We are too hurt to expect any kind of late season push or postseason run. All we can do is lose more players and worsen our postseason record even more. That's why I say just forfeit. Just don't try anymore except expermentally.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
The bengals are the only non-fraud team in the division

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Master Stur posted:

The bengals are the only non-fraud team in the division

we know who the bengals are. We’ve always known

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

the Bengals rule

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

It basically is. We are too hurt to expect any kind of late season push or postseason run. All we can do is lose more players and worsen our postseason record even more. That's why I say just forfeit. Just don't try anymore except expermentally.

Yeah Webb tore his ACL and who knows how long Ray is gonna be out with his torn pec. Suggs will come back in a couple weeks but I don't trust anyone coming back from an Achillies tear...

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

Yeah Webb tore his ACL and who knows how long Ray is gonna be out with his torn pec. Suggs will come back in a couple weeks but I don't trust anyone coming back from an Achillies tear...

If Osemele, McKinnie and Yanda had been hurt it was curtains for that team too. Yanda is almost like an injury this year. And Stanley is like McKinnie who played at a HoF level that postseason. Now Oher is at left tackle. And Birk is at RG. And we brought back Todd Heap to play center. That team isn't winning.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kawalimus posted:

Is this the mindset you bring to trying to find an orange-bellied flysnatcher? Pathetic!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Just one of those variance games, I wouldn't read much into it

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Freaquency posted:

Is this the mindset you bring to trying to find an orange-bellied flysnatcher? Pathetic!

Yeah :D. My friend teases me for being so negative too. I do the same thing.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all the bengals need is to get back is alexander and mixon and tj watt or aaron donald and a different defensive coordinator

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

If Osemele, McKinnie and Yanda had been hurt it was curtains for that team too.

McKinnie? He hasn't even played yet!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

said the word "is" too much earlier

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

why are the ravens trying to turn into the 49ers

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

This season is over. Just forfeit. We have no chance with the injuries we have. All we're going to do is get Lamar hurt or Dobbins.

And this is what I mean. I thought we were going to win. We lost. It happens every time.

oh no not dobbins

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

putting up defensive buffs around our 3rd string running back, and jk dobbins too

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
id take a bullet for dobbins

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Sour Diesel posted:

why are the ravens trying to turn into the 49ers

The Harbaugh soul link connection.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

all the bengals need is to get back is alexander and mixon and tj watt or aaron donald and a different defensive coordinator

They held the running game in check and only gave up the passing game once Alexander was out. I follow the team obsessively and I didn't know who our corners were. 6th and 7th stringers. The pass blocking didn't look nearly as bad as I expected. The turnovers go the other way and it's potentially a different ballgame.

To be clear, my thought process went from "these games are both unwinnable" to "eh, it could happen." Also it's gonna be hilarious seeing you guys get bounced right away in the playoffs.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
drat, you’re actually going to watch the games? But, you said...you were not going to? I’m not following.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Cavauro is a Bengals fan

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Time posted:

drat, you’re actually going to watch the games? But, you said...you were not going to? I’m not following.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens keep crying about all these injuries but Ben has two torn acls and the covid and the Steelers Just Win Games. All of the Ravens and their fans are fraudulent.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

BrownThunder posted:

Cavauro is a Bengals fan

I am, as well.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Any other Bengals fans out there?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Doesn’t seem like it.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Eifert Posting posted:

They held the running game in check and only gave up the passing game once Alexander was out. I follow the team obsessively and I didn't know who our corners were. 6th and 7th stringers. The pass blocking didn't look nearly as bad as I expected. The turnovers go the other way and it's potentially a different ballgame.

To be clear, my thought process went from "these games are both unwinnable" to "eh, it could happen." Also it's gonna be hilarious seeing you guys get bounced right away in the playoffs.

1. Steelers run game has sucked for a month
2. No one has an answer for the Steelers 5-wide formation, including the Titans and Ravens, whose defenses are much better than yours with starters
3. Turnovers are variable, but like the Steelers with sacks, this is their 3 season with a massively positive TO ratio, the 2nd leading the league.

You seem to know a lot about your own team, but very little about the opponent who took the Bengals to the woodshed yesterday

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

😌

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

the unanswered Steelers 5-wide formation

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

:cheersbird:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Mystic Stylez posted:

the unanswered Steelers 5-wide formation

Did the Ravens stop it?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Mason Rudolph will stop it no worries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

D-LINK posted:

Did the Ravens stop it?

Didn't we? Under 200 yards passing for Roethlisberger that game. Did all of it come in the 5 WR set?

Ravens lost that game because of three bad plays by Lamar Jackson--otherwise that is a sound win and maybe even a blowout.