Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
she's cute you monsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
butthole eyes

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Jose Oquendo posted:

So here's a question because this is a thing that totally happened to me last week.

Are there super secret or employee restrooms someone can use if they gotta piss while in line for a ride? I was in line for Space Mountain and about 20 minutes in and I had to pee so bad. I was hurting. I couldn't even enjoy the ride because I was 100% laser focused on not pissing my pants. If I asked a CM would they let me use a hidden restroom somewhere in the ride building?

There’s a service animal potty pad area off to the right in the Flight of Passage queue between Africa and Pandora

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I had that happen to me on the mummy ride. The straps stuck me in super hard and hurt my pee filled balls.

And then we stopped for 10 minutes at the end. God that was horrific.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Hazo posted:

There’s a service animal potty pad area off to the right in the Flight of Passage queue between Africa and Pandora

Not sorry, I've absolutely snuck over there when I just couldn't wait long enough to get to a real bathroom.

I'm having to re-learn all the dog service areas because by the time I go next I will almost definitely have a service animal with me.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

CelticPredator posted:

I had that happen to me on the mummy ride. The straps stuck me in super hard and hurt my pee filled balls.

that’s not where the pee fills

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
When does WDW start getting crazy busy for the holiday season? Looks like I might be in southern Florida for work for the first two weeks of December. If I could tack a day or two on the end in Orlando.......

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Resident HM Goon here, but I am not currently at HM due to some medical issues that make the moving sidewalk an issue, so I'm over at the Hall of Presidents. Super exciting!

I was eyeing everyone to see if it was you - any disturbances at HoP post election?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

BlueBayou posted:

When does WDW start getting crazy busy for the holiday season? Looks like I might be in southern Florida for work for the first two weeks of December. If I could tack a day or two on the end in Orlando.......

Usually closer to the actual holidays. The first two weeks of December should be ok. Things start picking up about a week before Christmas and don't let up until right after New Years.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

They upped capacity to 33% and they're booked at 75% of that for the remainder of the year from what I heard. In my experience things get crazier starting about the 20th of Dec but given capacity restrictions I don't think it can get that bad this year.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
The crowd calendars are not fully blocked out through the rest of the year for resort guests - but good luck if you want to get into Hollywood Studios until after 2021 starts.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Not gonna lie, going down and camping out at MK entrance to wait for that first denial of entry on Dec 25th would almost be worth courting death

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
They usually stop people at the toll booths. Not as easy to gawk there.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Anya posted:

I was eyeing everyone to see if it was you - any disturbances at HoP post election?

Nothing notable, no. We brought back a security presence just in case, but so far it's been kind of quiet besides some people clapping a bit louder than usual during Trump's speech in some weird show of support, I guess?

We actually went down for a technical reason JUST as they called the race for Biden and we were like "Oh no." so instead of the usual "Oh we don't know what's wrong, check back later" we were very up front "Curtain's broke. Come back later" haha

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What happens to a ride if your bladder fails you? I have to be completely empty and hungry while waiting for the longer lines/rides.

Also, $15,000 spent for that Matterhorn is a crazy amount to spend.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

TV Zombie posted:

Also, $15,000 spent for that Matterhorn is a crazy amount to spend.

Building materials are insanely expensive right now.

Incidentally, I suspect that's what put Epic Universe on hold more than the bottom falling out of the tourism industry.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Interior tracks for Cosmic Rewind

https://twitter.com/DLPReport/status/1328356168322994176

Spider Man ride vehicles

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 16, 2020

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/AshleyLCarter1/status/1328394704266944512

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Are either Guardians or Tron going to have inversions? Or will Rock N Roller Coaster retain the title of the only ride in Disney where you go upside down?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hope not :ohdear:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

From definitely doesn’t and I don’t think Guardians will given similar rides with that vehicle.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
It's unfortunate that the state of Magic Kingdom eliminates any chance that Disney render Space Mountain into a decoration piece for three years while they demolish and rebuild the ride inside, but at least Space Mountain Featuring Banked Turns finally happened somewhere on the east coast.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

It's unfortunate that the state of Magic Kingdom eliminates any chance that Disney render Space Mountain into a decoration piece for three years while they demolish and rebuild the ride inside, but at least Space Mountain Featuring Banked Turns finally happened somewhere on the east coast.

to be fair, they could do this at Disneyland right now though.

I love Gov Newsom.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
DL's space mountain was torn down and rebuilt over two years back like around 2007. But even the 1977 version was better than MK's that opened only two years prior. The problem was they added speakers in 1998 as part of Tomorrowland's pivot to Fake Discoveryland, and the speakers weighed the cars down so much that it destroyed the track. But it was still a completely different ride with banked turns.

Magic Kingdom's Space was more or less an attempt to bring the Matterhorn to a more rain-soaked climate, right down to the double tracks and everything. And it shows because both rides are now back-breakers. There's imagineers who worked on Space FL who later commented that they compromised on the track and that it was a rough clunker even at opening. It remains largely because until TRON opens it's one of the few draws to that side of the park. Magic Kingdom's biggest drawback is that it doesn't have the ride density that Disneyland does, so if you shut down Space Mountain then Tomorrowland is kinda dead because Star Tours is in another theme park and can't pick up the slack.

If TRON works well enough to give T-Land a signature ride that allows Space to shut down for 2-3 years, things might improve.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 19, 2020

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Related: Everest has been unable to close for refurbishment since it opened almost 15 years ago because it's one of the few attractions at Animal Kingdom.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Tomorrowland only needs one ride in order to flourish and that is The Peoplemover :colbert:

Edit: The first two episodes of the new Mickey Mouse shorts dropped today on Disney+ and the second one is straight up a Carousel of Progress in Tomorrowland episode. It is incredible.

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 19, 2020

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Tim Whatley posted:

Edit: The first two episodes of the new Mickey Mouse shorts dropped today on Disney+ and the second one is straight up a Carousel of Progress in Tomorrowland episode. It is incredible.

Yeah it’s straight up Monsanto House of the Future.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0qh1FdoHYE

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

That really is the best show. Even if you don't like Frozen it's still a good time.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

That's cute. Can't wait for it to get driven into the ground and ultimately cancelled like "Andy's coming."

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

That guy retired this year during shutdown so it won’t happen anyways. That video is 3 years old and people did it a lot, hence his readiness with it. He really made that show though.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Most of the times I've been like half the crowd yells puddle. The guy did get upset though.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Tim Whatley posted:

Tomorrowland only needs one ride in order to flourish and that is The Peoplemover :colbert:

Dude thanks for posting that. I had no idea there was a new series. I love the new Mickey shorts they've been doing for the past few years.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/11/park-hopper-option-returns-to-walt-disney-world-resort-starting-january-2021/

Park hopping returns in January. Park res still needed but only for the first park, then after 2 you can hop.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

It's so interesting that it starts at 2. Not at 1, not at 3, not first thing in the morning.

I would love for public access to Disney's dataset for crowd management. I'll bet there'd be some cool observations that people smarter than me could make. I get its highly proprietary, but especially for WDW, any lessons learned would be so specific to that resort I like to think that one day there's a chance they open it up.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
I bet it’s to stop the 2pm rise of the resistance drop.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/JodiWishMN/status/1329431606885539840?s=20

cool, cool (bottom left hand corner of the map she posted is MK)

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Boxman posted:

It's so interesting that it starts at 2. Not at 1, not at 3, not first thing in the morning.

I would love for public access to Disney's dataset for crowd management. I'll bet there'd be some cool observations that people smarter than me could make. I get its highly proprietary, but especially for WDW, any lessons learned would be so specific to that resort I like to think that one day there's a chance they open it up.

Same. It's very interesting that the pandemic is worse than ever and they're relaxing rather than tightening or even just maintaining safety measures. Especially just after what's going to be a huge post-holiday spike :psyduck:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Dren posted:

https://twitter.com/JodiWishMN/status/1329431606885539840?s=20

cool, cool (bottom left hand corner of the map she posted is MK)

To be fair there’s no tracing anywhere because 47 states are in the deep red of “uncontrolled spread” and tracing is near impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Hazo posted:

Same. It's very interesting that the pandemic is worse than ever and they're relaxing rather than tightening or even just maintaining safety measures. Especially just after what's going to be a huge post-holiday spike :psyduck:

it makes sense if all you care about are profits and the Governor of your state is covering for you by being an imbecile

the type of people that would go during the insane crowds in December are the kind of careless people who would go to Disney during a pandemic too