Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is Wild Jackson real

It can be if you make it so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is Wild Jackson real

No, but there's a place called RUMP CAP in Tokyo which is very real and very delicious, I ate there years ago

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Some speculation from chapter 5 Bleach Japan is probably a Lo Mang branch. Bankrolling these protestors lets them put pressure on seiryu clan businesses and keep an eye on turf. And the counterfeit cash, clearly that bloody bill is a hint about it. Maybe Arakawa trying to guide ichiban to the chinese to uncover the truth?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
i recruited a small child into my staff for the management game and he turned out to be an incredible persuader at shareholder meetings and has not left the team since, this game owns

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Lmao at the info from the vocational school Yakuza quiz that Majima beats the poo poo out of people for not spelling his name correctly on Christmas cards. What a pleasant guy.

I did all the quizzes in one sitting and it helped me in the final quiz, which is random questions from the other quizzes. So it was easier to remember since you'll have seen the answer to those questions recently. The cheat tools you can buy feel pretty overpriced, unless you can use them several times? I assumed you can only use them once, so I opted to take a failed test over again since some of the questions reappear. But if you can use for example the time stop tool more than once, it would probably be cheaper in the long run to buy that since it would give you time to google? The SEGA quiz kicked my rear end and called me stupid.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Insert a Name Here posted:

I'm pretty sure Nanba is voice and modeled by the star of the zombie movie "I am a hero"

Nah, it's Ken Yasuda with a layer of grime on top, not to be confused with the other Ken Yasuda who is a massive muscle man.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I know everyone is on Y7 but I finally finished Y5, hell of a finish (and long) and starting up Y6... i'm getting there. It's kinda funny going from PS3 era for 3 games and now back onto the newer engine. I would definitely buy a Kiwami 3-5 if they ever did however remote the chances are.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
for board meetings, you want someone with a relatively low command cost and high charisma (attack) for each color. noboru and hanayama are great for blue and red, but i never found a particularly outstanding green. ayami and hironaka are adequate and roughly equivalent to each other, at least. all four of these are substory recruits.

tenacity (defense) as far as i can tell only matters if you don't finish someone off after they target one of your guys. there's no way to control which one is targeted, so the low attack/high defense characters aren't particularly useful.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

for board meetings, you want someone with a relatively low command cost and high charisma (attack) for each color. noboru and hanayama are great for blue and red, but i never found a particularly outstanding green.

I used the old lady you start with as my green representative throughout the entire run. After the first shareholder meeting no one in my "party" ever took any damage anyway, so tenacity or whatever it's called really doesn't matter unless you intend to fail choosing the correct rock-paper-scissors answer to a question. As far as I can tell your reps only ever take damage if you fail the initial question and even someone with lovely charisma will break questions in one hit if they're the right color.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
If you can hold the fort until you get the level 3 apology, you'll be pretty much okay in any rough meetings unless you intentionally want to sabotage yourself for some reason. Nothing's been able to touch me so far.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
As someone said, you won't take damage unless you miss a question. The three cheapest employees you can find, one of each colour can deal with meetings forever as long as you don't mind winning on time instead of KO, without using apologies.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It does kind of stink that you have to keep grinding the minigame after you win since you need an absolute shedload for the garage and some random sidequests and buying the DLC jobs weapons

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Barudak posted:

It does kind of stink that you have to keep grinding the minigame after you win since you need an absolute shedload for the garage and some random sidequests and buying the DLC jobs weapons

At least you get a checkbox in the completion list for doing more shareholder rounds.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

God damnit, I need more confidence to unlock Devil Rocker. I've done all the Vocational School exams, and I'm still about half a confidence level away.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, i'm not really a fan of management. it seems kind of half baked. like, what's even the point of the animation where ichis run down a line? there's no competition, no interactivity. it's just a particularly slow progress bar. and then you have to do that four times before you get anything out of it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Der Shovel posted:

God damnit, I need more confidence to unlock Devil Rocker. I've done all the Vocational School exams, and I'm still about half a confidence level away.

Make sure you have a couple million yen for their weapon upgrade when you unlock them too.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

yeah, i'm not really a fan of management. it seems kind of half baked. like, what's even the point of the animation where ichis run down a line? there's no competition, no interactivity. it's just a particularly slow progress bar. and then you have to do that four times before you get anything out of it.

Yeah its not particularly engaging and at the end its literally "run this four times, restore everyones happiness, do the shareholder minigame, repeat" with 0 motivation or interactivity and you need to do it a lot. I mean at least its not hard but like the cabaret club in 0 was engaging the whole way through.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Barudak posted:

Make sure you have a couple million yen for their weapon upgrade when you unlock them too.

I've got about 15 million in my pocket, so that's not a problem.

Before then I need to get my confidence up, though, and that seems to be a real slog. I did the golf minigame, and hit baseballs for a while until I saw that the baseball +confidence book costs 6000 points and gave up.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

I enjoyed it up to getting to rank 1. It scratched some weird "optimize, make numbers go up" part of my brain I guess. Same as incremental games. Heck, add some QTE or mashing to the business screen and it could be Ichiban Confectionery Clicker for real. Right now, though, it's just kind of a slow piggy bank. Which is fine, it was never going to be fun forever.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Der Shovel posted:

Before then I need to get my confidence up, though, and that seems to be a real slog.
Yakuza still v. true to life I see

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I just got into the yakuza series with this game and i'm havin' fun. I found the beat em up gameplay in the other games to be less than ideal so i'm really digging this.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

are the dlc jobs worth grabbing? i just unlocked different jobs in chapter 5 and im having so much fun with this i might throw down 5 bucks for them.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Playing on Steam last night when my controller died. For some reason with this game it seems impossible to connect a controller after the game has already started and I was in a dungeon so had to finish it out with mouse and keyboard. Anyone else experiencing or have a fix for this?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I experience it constantly and am just hoping for a fix sometime down the line.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Also lol you make one joke steam review about midlife crises and leveling up to fight crime and suddenly people are chucking steam awards at you left and right.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'm just confused why if you assign someone with a high stat in something as regular employeee, it doesn't seem to actually increase that overall stat score for the store. This was a third employee when there were only 2 before.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I'm just confused why if you assign someone with a high stat in something as regular employeee, it doesn't seem to actually increase that overall stat score for the store. This was a third employee when there were only 2 before.

Did this third employee have a low stat for the role they've been assigned? Only the property's leader can make use of all three of their stats, the other two only get to use one of the three stats.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ASenileAnimal posted:

are the dlc jobs worth grabbing? i just unlocked different jobs in chapter 5 and im having so much fun with this i might throw down 5 bucks for them.

Yeah, they absolutely kick rear end and are fun as hell, but be warned, you can't get decent weapons for them until Chapter 9.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The stat each member position can use is the one that's bolded and that should be one of the things you look at when buying a new property.

e: So an employee with one really high stat and two poor/mediocre stats is usually better than all-rounders because you can put the high-stat employee in the management position of a business whose member positions don't cover that stat. Similarly, businesses whose member positions both fill in the same stat are kind of a pain to work with as this means the manager position needs two high stats instead of just one.

Runa fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Nov 16, 2020

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
All these posts about the management game make it seem absolutely awful and confusing

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It's honestly not that bad once you get rolling. I never ended up in the red through the entire minigame.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

You can comfortably beat the entire thing in a single sitting with only a bare minimum of effort - just remember to look at the recruit screen in case any SRs or SSRs are applying for work, hit the "auto-bonus" button every other day, and pour money into upgrades (Ichiban Confectionery before anything else, that place overperforms for its size like crazy). As long as you're earning money every day you're doing good. You'll get a fresh injection of cash from Nick when you cross a ranking threshold and get new slots so you'll be able to expand your business just fine when the time comes.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I just realized that with dual audio there are two versions of every karaoke song now and I’m super hyper to get all in on that as soon as ¥500 is a drop in the bucket and not...well not breaking the bank, but I’m still wary of going all in on side stuff when I only have ¥13,000.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Simone Magus posted:

All these posts about the management game make it seem absolutely awful and confusing

It's badly explained but it's pretty simple. The thing is that it's actually two very simple minigames that you play with the same employees, so explanations tend to mix both.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

And Tyler Too! posted:

I just noticed Kasuga's outfit is an inverted version of Kiryu's. Red suit, white undershirt vs. white suit, red undershirt.

Yup. Which also mirrors their opposite personnalities (Kiryu being an emotional guy underneath a serious & unflappable facade, Ichiban being an outwardly passionate & silly guy carrying some tough baggage). I feel like Japanese devs & artists are really good at (or more focused on) these types of symbolisms and meta commentaries than euro or US ones. We don't really tend to assign meanings to appearances or visual designs, by and large.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Simone Magus posted:

I honestly think it's very fun to min-max and optimize your properties. Actually running the businesses, as other people have said, is a bit obnoxious because you basically push one button and just wait for the progress bars to end.

Shareholder meetings aren't too bad either, probably my only complaint is that they could be harder.

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Is there a point where I don't NEED to do the management game anymore? Like if I reach rank 1 or whatever do I just get free money every x amount of minutes?

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

]Heres comes a wild chalen-gerlrllr~

horchata posted:

Is there a point where I don't NEED to do the management game anymore? Like if I reach rank 1 or whatever do I just get free money every x amount of minutes?

I'm wondering this too. The tutorial was so boring that I don't wanna play it either.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Even at rank 1 you still need to do shareholder meetings to get any money. But it's almost impossible to fail them at that point and you get 3 million yen a pop.

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
I just don't want to hold right trigger to speed things up anymore I just want my free money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Holy gently caress major chapter 12 boss spoilers Majima and Saejima do not gently caress around. I even did some battle arena grinding beforehand and I’m just getting wrecked over and over.