Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

pumpinglemma posted:

I mean... it could be “you rave to let go”. But I think taking this shot and having it pay off will be good for us, psychologically speaking. Sometimes, you have to let go of your anxiety.

Seconded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
Thirded.

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Wave? Save? Pave? Fave? Dave?!

This phrase was plucked from the brain of a manic drug-addict party girl under the dominating mental coercion of an unseen force, horrible by nature, right? One that seems to have led us with a string of small dopamine-inducing victories and correct guesses into a false sense of assuredness and security, when we haven't made an incorrect guess thus far and (presumably) have some leeway?

I vote Guess H. Only idiots aren't 100%

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

͘͟ ̵̵ ̀҉ ҉̸̴ ̕͏ ̷ ͘͡҉ ̵̨͏ ͏ ̀͜ ̶͡ ̧҉͡ ̀̕ ̢͘͢ ̵̵ ͡͡ ̶̧ ̧͞͡ ̨ ̧̕͝ ͠ ̶͢ ҉ ̸͏͠ ̡ ̸͞ ̷ ̡̀͜ ͏͏ ̶̡͠ ͡ ͟ ̸͞ ͟ ͜ ̴ ̀͞ ̷̸̡ ̀͡ ͝ ҉ ͏ ̧͠͡ ͘͟ ̵̵ ̀҉ ҉̸̴ ̕͏ ̷ ͘͡҉ ̵̨͏ ͏ ̀͜ ̶͡ ̧҉͡ ̀̕ ̢͘͢ ̵̵ ͡͡ ̶̧ ̧͞͡ ̨ ̧̕͝ ͠ ̶͢ ҉ ̸͏͠ ̡ ̸͞ ̷ ̡̀͜ ͏͏ ̶̡͠ ͡ ͟ ̸͞ ͟ ͜ ̴ ̀͞ ̷̸̡ ̀͡ ͝ ҉ ͏ ̧͠͡
̀͜ ͟͝͝ ̧ ̵̛ ̴́ ̷̧ ̧ ͠ ͝͞ ͏ ̛͞ ͏̷ ͘͢ ̶̡̀ ̧̕ ̴ ̀́ ̷̸͘ ́ ̢ ̧ ̛ ̡͘͜ ̡ ̨͞ ͜ ͜͟͠ ̨ ̡͜ ҉́͘ ́͜͝ ̧̀ ͏ ҉̵ ͝ ̸ ̢ ̵ ̢͏̀ ̢͘ ̷ ͡
͏̷ ̵͞͝ ́ ̢ ͟ ̷ ͏͘ ̢̧ ͏ ̷͞ ҉̀ ̀͠ ͝ ͟͠ ̧ ̢̛͢ ̢̛ ̢ ͟͏ ̡ ͜ ͝ ͟ ҉̧ ̨ ̵͞ ̷̨́ ̴́͟ ͝͏ ́͟ ̸ ̧̢ ̵ ҉ ̛͜͝ ͠҉͠ ͏̛ ̴͞ ̢͝ ̵ ͝ ̢ ͠͠ ͞͡ ̧͢ ̶̵́ ̸͘ ̛͝ ̧ ̧͟ ҉́ ̨ ́͠ ̡͝ ҉̨ ͜ ̨ ̢̕͜ ̵ ͏҉ ́͟ ͟͝ ́ ͞ ͡ ̀́ ̨̕ ͡ ҉͜ ̡ ̴͝ ́ ͞ ̸ ̵̢ ̵̨ ͘͟ ̵̵ ̀҉ ҉̸̴ ̕͏ ̷ ͘͡҉ ̵̨͏ ͏ ̀͜ ̶͡ ̧҉͡ ̀̕ ̢͘͢ ̵̵ ͡͡ ̶̧ ̧͞͡ ̨ ̧̕͝ ͠ ̶͢ ҉ ̸͏͠ ̡ ̸͞ ̷ ̡̀͜ ͏͏ ̶̡͠ ͡ ͟ ̸͞ ͟ ͜ ̴ ̀͞ ̷̸̡ ̀͡ ͝ ҉ ͏ ̧͠͡
̀͜ ͟͝͝ ̧ ̵̛ ̴́ ̷̧ ̧ ͠ ͝͞ ͏ ̛͞ ͏̷ ͘͢ ̶̡̀ ̧̕ ̴ ̀́ ̷̸͘ ́ ̢ ̧ ̛ ̡͘͜ ̡ ̨͞ ͜ ͜͟͠ ̨ ̡͜ ҉́͘ ́͜͝ ̧̀ ͏ ҉̵ ͝ ̸ ̢ ̵ ̢͏̀ ̢͘ ̷ ͡
͏̷ ̵͞͝ ́ ̢ ͟ ̷ ͏͘ ̢̧ ͏ ̷͞ ҉̀ ̀͠ ͝ ͟͠ ̧ ̢̛͢ ̢̛ ̢ ͟͏ ̡ ͜ ͝ ͟ ҉̧ ̨ ̵͞ ̷̨́ ̴́͟ ͝͏ ́͟ ̸ ̧̢ ̵ ҉ ̛͜͝ ͠҉͠ ͏̛ ̴͞ ̢͝ ̵ ͝ ̢ ͠͠ ͞͡ ̧͢ ̶̵́ ̸͘ ̛͝ ̧ ̧͟ ҉́ ̨ ́͠ ̡͝ ҉̨ ͜ ̨ ̢̕͜ ̵ ͏҉ ́͟ ͟͝ ́ ͞ ͡ ̀́ ̨̕ ͡ ҉͜ ̡ ̴͝ ́ ͞ ̸ ̵̢ ̵̨ ̸̵̨ ͏̢͡ ̴̀ ̵̷̢ ̡ ̷̕͡ ͞ ̷͝͏ ͘͝ ̡͜ ́ ̷͘͘ ̵͘ ͠ ̵̵̛ ̨́ ͢ ̛̀͠ ̷͜ ̛͏ ̶͜͡ ͞ ͏͟͝ ̵ ̨ ̷ ͘͜͠ ̷̢͟ ͜͜ ̶͟ ͟͠ ̡̕ ̴̶ ̛͝͝ ̷͝ ̨͡ ͏̛͡ ̀ ̡ ̷ ̴̢͡ ́͢ ̢ ̴̛̛ ̷͜ ̸͝ ̵́ ́͠ ̢ ͠ ̡͞ ͞͡ ̧ ̛͢ ̧ ̵ ͘͡ ̛́ ̸͠ ̡̕͢ ̷̶͏ ̴̷͡ ̛͠ ͞ ́͟ ̡͟ ͢ ̛̛ ́ ̛ ̷̶͝ ҉ ̷ ̶ ̡͢ ̶͘͠ ҉҉ ̶̡ ̶̧ ́͏͢ ̧̕ ̴ ̢̛ ̷̧͝ ̧́͡ ̢ ̷̶ ̷̷͜ ̶͞ ̡̕ ͘͢
̴̶͠ ͟ ͢͞ ́ ͟ ̀ ̛ ͜ ͘ ̴͞ ͠͝ ̷͜͟ ͜͝ ̛ ̕ ̡͘͞ ͏͡ ̧̛ ͞ ҉̷ ͡ ̀ ̵̡̛ ́͞ ̶̢҉ ͢͝ ҉͘ ̷ ̢ ͘͜ ͞͞ ̀͢ ̷͡ ́ ͜ ̶̕ ̷ ͏
҉̸͠ ͢͜ ͏͜ ͘ ̷ ̸ ̸̢ ̀͏ ̧́ ̢ ̶̴͜ ̴͢ ͘ ҉ ͢ ͏҉ ҉̶ ͢ ̸́͘ ̶̕ ̢́͞ ҉̢ ̴ ͏̴ ̡̛ ̵̡͡ ͢ ̡͡ ̕ ̸͝ ͞ ̛ ̀ ̴͟͢ ̡̛͡ ̶͝ ͏̴͠ ҉ ̶ ̢̀͘ ͞ ͢ ͘͡
͏͜ ͟͟͏ ̡̀ ̶̷͢ ͠͝ ̷́ ̴͜͝ ̧̢͘ ̧ ̕ ̢̕͠ ̢͝ ͡҉̴ ̡͘ ́͘ ̨́ ̴̸ ͘ ͜͠͏ ͝ ̵̀͜ ҉ ͟ ̵̴̧ ̴ ͠ ̵̢͢ ̀͘ ͘ ͟ ͝ ̸̀ ̸̡ ҉̡ ̛͠ ̴̀ ̵͘ ̢̛͘ ̶͡͠ ̀ ̷҉̷ ̨ ̶͝͡ ͟͡ ͟͏ ͢ ̸̵̨ ͏̢͡ ̴̀ ̵̷̢ ̡ ̷̕͡ ͞ ̷͝͏ ͘͝ ̡͜ ́ ̷͘͘ ̵͘ ͠ ̵̵̛ ̨́ ͢ ̛̀͠ ̷͜ ̛͏ ̶͜͡ ͞ ͏͟͝ ̵ ̨ ̷ ͘͜͠ ̷̢͟ ͜͜ ̶͟ ͟͠ ̡̕ ̴̶ ̛͝͝ ̷͝ ̨͡ ͏̛͡ ̀ ̡ ̷ ̴̢͡ ́͢ ̢ ̴̛̛ ̷͜ ̸͝ ̵́ ́͠ ̢ ͠ ̡͞ ͞͡ ̧ ̛͢ ̧ ̵ ͘͡ ̛́ ̸͠ ̡̕͢ ̷̶͏ ̴̷͡ ̛͠ ͞ ́͟ ̡͟ ͢ ̛̛ ́ ̛ ̷̶͝ ҉ ̷ ̶ ̡͢ ̶͘͠ ҉҉ ̶̡ ̶̧ ́͏͢ ̧̕ ̴ ̢̛ ̷̧͝ ̧́͡ ̢ ̷̶ ̷̷͜ ̶͞ ̡̕ ͘͢
̴̶͠ ͟ ͢͞ ́ ͟ ̀ ̛ ͜ ͘ ̴͞ ͠͝ ̷͜͟ ͜͝ ̛ ̕ ̡͘͞ ͏͡ ̧̛ ͞ ҉̷ ͡ ̀ ̵̡̛ ́͞ ̶̢҉ ͢͝ ҉͘ ̷ ̢ ͘͜ ͞͞ ̀͢ ̷͡ ́ ͜ ̶̕ ̷ ͏
҉̸͠ ͢͜ ͏͜ ͘ ̷ ̸ ̸̢ ̀͏ ̧́ ̢ ̶̴͜ ̴͢ ͘ ҉ ͢ ͏҉ ҉̶ ͢ ̸́͘ ̶̕ ̢́͞ ҉̢ ̴ ͏̴ ̡̛ ̵̡͡ ͢ ̡͡ ̕ ̸͝ ͞ ̛ ̀ ̴͟͢ ̡̛͡ ̶͝ ͏̴͠ ҉ ̶ ̢̀͘ ͞ ͢ ͘͡
͏͜ ͟͟͏ ̡̀ ̶̷͢ ͠͝ ̷́ ̴͜͝ ̧̢͘ ̧ ̕ ̢̕͠ ̢͝ ͡҉̴ ̡͘ ́͘ ̨́ ̴̸ ͘ ͜͠͏ ͝ ̵̀͜ ҉ ͟ ̵̴̧ ̴ ͠ ̵̢͢ ̀͘ ͘ ͟ ͝ ̸̀ ̸̡ ҉̡ ̛͠ ̴̀ ̵͘ ̢̛͘ ̶͡͠ ̀ ̷҉̷ ̨ ̶͝͡ ͟͡ ͟͏ ͢
͏̷ ̵͞͝ ́ ̢ ͟ ̷ ͏͘ ̢̧ ͏ ̷͞ ҉̀ ̀͠ ͝ ͟͠ ̧ ̢̛͢ ̢̛ ̢ ͟͏ ̡ ͜ ͝ ͟ ҉̧ ̨ ̵͞ ̷̨́ ̴́͟ ͝͏ ́͟ ̸ ̧̢ ̵ ҉ ̛͜͝ ͠҉͠ ͏̛ ̴͞ ̢͝ ̵ ͝ ̢ ͠͠ ͞͡ ̧͢ ̶̵́ ̸͘ ̛͝ ̧ ̧͟ ҉́ ̨ ́͠ ̡͝ ҉̨ ͜ ̨ ̢̕͜ ̵ ͏҉ ́͟ ͟͝ ́ ͞ ͡ ̀́ ̨̕ ͡ ҉͜ ̡ ̴͝ ́ ͞ ̸ ̵̢ ̵̨ ̸̵̨ ͏̢͡ ̴̀ ̵̷̢ ̡ ̷̕͡ ͞ ̷͝͏ ͘͝ ̡͜ ́ ̷͘͘ ̵͘ ͠ ̵̵̛ ̨́ ͢ ̛̀͠ ̷͜ ̛͏ ̶͜͡ ͞ ͏͟͝ ̵ ̨ ̷ ͘͜͠ ̷̢͟ ͜͜ ̶͟ ͟͠ ̡̕ ̴̶ ̛͝͝ ̷͝ ̨͡ ͏̛͡ ̀ ̡ ̷ ̴̢͡ ́͢ ̢ ̴̛̛ ̷͜ ̸͝ ̵́ ́͠ ̢ ͠ ̡͞ ͞͡ ̧ ̛͢ ̧ ̵ ͘͡ ̛́ ̸͠ ̡̕͢ ̷̶͏ ̴̷͡ ̛͠ ͞ ́͟ ̡͟ ͢ ̛̛ ́ ̛ ̷̶͝ ҉ ̷ ̶ ̡͢ ̶͘͠ ҉҉ ̶̡ ̶̧ ́͏͢ ̧̕ ̴ ̢̛ ̷̧͝ ̧́͡ ̢ ̷̶ ̷̷͜ ̶͞ ̡̕ ͘͢
҉̸͠ ͢͜ ͏͜ ͘ ̷ ̸ ̸̢ ̀͏ ̧́ ̢ ̶̴͜ ̴͢ ͘ ҉ ͢ ͏҉ ҉̶ ͢

quote:

͟͠ ̧ ̢̛͢ ̢̛ ̢ ͟͏ ̡ ͜ ͝ ͟ ҉̧ ̨ ̵͞ ̷̨́ ̴́͟ ͝͏ ́͟ ̸ ̧̢ ̵ ҉ ̛͜͝ ͠҉͠ ͏̛ ̴͞ ̢͝ ̵ ͝ ̢ ͠͠ ͞͡ ̧͢ ̶̵́ ̸͘ ̛͝ ̧ The Emperor of Heaven was intimidating to many, many people, despite her obscure nature. She scared Aitvaras witless, though that might have been the terror every chicken had for a wolf. You didn't have that fear- your natural and powerful dislike of authority meant that the first chance you had to challenge her to a duel, you took it, and used it to study everything about her when put into a significant situation.

You even tucked one hand into your pocket when you raised a sword, out of respect for her crippled arm. You both drew blades, and stared each other down. You really weren't afraid of her... and she seemed to recognize that. She didn't fear you, or you her, and that provoked something approaching respect as you both clashed. But when the match was getting close, she said something that made you back away, drop your sword, lose the match-

'You Have To Let Go'

There's a sudden crack of thunder.
You speak it aloud with an expression you didn't mean to make, as you look Blue in the eyes.

The gallow's scaffolding collapses. Blue and you don't break eye contact, even when the noose gently draws tight, and drags her up to suffocation. You both wait as Red runs to the edge of the pit with her arms outstretched (with her arms outstretched?), as the earth slowly rises to fill the pit, and Blue is finally cast to the ground when the noose snaps and the scaffolding collapses. She immediately begins to giggle through her gag as she inchworms along the grass towards the both of you. Red throws herself onto her in relief, getting stuck-trapped to the webs in the process.

Two mute Counselors would be nice, but... you step forth to cut Blue's silk bonds loose, freeing her to stand, after which she and Red immediately go to hug you.

"YA DID IT!! BEST CAMPER EVER. BLACK CROWS ALWAYS GONNA WIN YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!"

ANXIETY: [10%]

The hug ends, and they stand back to regard you with pride. Red seems pitifully grateful, holding onto Blue with intense insecurity. Blue holds onto Red with equal affection, before she points at you and proclaims "YA ACED IT IN ONE! Gosh I'm happy as heck an' high water you're our camper! I knew you could do it!" she holds out a long-nailed hand to grasp onto yours. Something inside of you feels- no. Not strong. But so so so so so so thankful. You did it. You saved her! You saved her. You saved her...

Quickly, stiffly, sorely, you nod and smile with confidence unbroken by error. You finished this Game with no incident at all! Which meant there was just one more game you had to win. Just ONE, after two of them already won! You had nothing but confidence. You were so scared, but your Counselors... wanted you to win. They cared! You knew you had a chance to win!!

Red acts with a flower's sudden gentleness, and leans to one knee as she faces you, carefully grasping your wrist as she presses a pen into your hand, and holds the clipboard up. Just one more activity, Camper. Just one, and then you could graduate. You could escape. You could LIVE.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

PLAYER CHOICE
GREAT job, campers! You beat this game with no mistakes at all! But you still have to win just one more to graduate. So...

For my last throw, I choose...

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Eat to Defeat... our nagging stomach!

hapsby
Oct 12, 2012

I just think this judgy rabbit makes a good av.

Idolatry, simply because I'm extremely curious. And I believe in our character. Even if Idolatry is a bad choice, I'm sure they can find a way to survive.

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
Especially because this is the last game, I'm hoping we can get some extra food out of it. Kwiat must be hungry. :(

Eat to defeat!

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Remember we have an inner tyrant - anything like idolatry that requires us to bow down in worship is probably a bad idea.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

MINECRAFT

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VOTING CLOSED - WHAT WILL TRY TO KILL ME LAST?

TOWER O' TROUBLE - 0
BEAR BLASTING - 4
HURRY HOME MISS JELLYBEAN! - 3
EAT TO DEFEAT - 8
IDOLATRY - 8

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Idolize to defeat? Eat to idolize? ̴͝ ́ ͞ ̸ ̵̢ ̵̨ ͘͟ ̵̵ ̀҉ ҉̸̴ ̕͏ ̷ ͘͡҉ ̵̨͏ ͏ ̀͜ ̶͡ ̧҉͡ ̀̕ ̢͘͢ ̵̵ ͡͡ ̶̧ ̧͞͡ ̨ ̧̕͝?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Extreme Communion, clearly.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Who can eat the giant gummi moloch fastest?

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Worshiping the Fae behind this whole thing, here we come.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Black August posted:

VOTING CLOSED - WHAT WILL TRY TO KILL ME LAST?

TOWER O' TROUBLE - 0
BEAR BLASTING - 4
HURRY HOME MISS JELLYBEAN! - 3
EAT TO DEFEAT - 8
IDOLATRY - 8

oh no.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Not feelin too good about these.
More so for the survival of the other characters than our own.
We'll do fine, them probably not so much.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Hostile V posted:

Extreme Communion, clearly.
CHRIST, are we about to partake.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

XkyRauh posted:

CHRIST, are we about to partake.
Holy infant, so tender and mild.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Something something baby back ribs?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!

Hostile V posted:

Holy infant, so tender and mild.

a flavor that's to die for (your sins)

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Blue does a jiggy little jive-walk to work off her excess of cheer as she leads you back to the Camp center, with Red striding behind with a pep in her step she hasn't expressed before. They get especially animate when the loudspeaker plays the victory jingle again, dancing on either side of you like a royal guard gone funk. Stopping under the loudspeaker, Blue digs through her shorts to yank something out; her Counselor's program... which is wet, torn, crumpled, and seems to be extremely sticky with webs and a lot of weird dark-color pitch, seemingly from a vial that broke in her fall. Blue looks at the program and the pitch, her complexion going from pale to ghostly as she makes a face like someone just told her the puppies didn't make it.

"My. My RSO."

Her voice is low with horror. Without looking at Red, she reaches over to shake the plant woman's shoulder, stopping her stodgy little dance.

"MY. RSO."

She shakes the program at Red, teeth clenched and eyes bugged as she spit-hisses "RED. MY ARRRRRR-EHSSSSS-OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH."

With a miserable expression, Blue rips the sticky chunks of the program off, and begins to shovel it in her mouth with makeup-running tears, chewing loudly. You, uh, you're not sure what the stuff is, but Blue seems devastated. Red takes the good bits of paper away with an admonishing wave of her hand, trying to piece it together. Blue finishes chewing and swallows, wiping her eyes and putting on a brave face. "S'OK. THIS IS FINE! S'fine. Fine fine fine fine, wine wine wine wine I could go f'some wine so let's wrap this up before I hit blast off, yah?" Sitting under the loudspeaker with a tongue stuck out in concentration, Blue finishes the uneaten bits of the program together with Red, smiling nervously as she announces- "Well lookit that, Camper! Seems like you... uh... get a special activity. One yer SURE to win, because it uhhhhhh-" she turns the program around a few times, squinting. "It's gonna be... eat... worship and... with..."

She pockets the program, cramming one last piece of pitch-covered paper in her mouth, and tells you with all professional flair "You, Camper, are going to show us all your heart. Your shine. YOUR reason for why YOU should be worshiped!" You open your mouth and raise a finger, but lean back startled when Blue squats to cheer-shout into your face "AN YOU'RE GONNA DO IT WITH THIS!" - she paps your stomach, winking. "Way to the heart is through 'ere, yeah?" You still have questions, but you knew there wasn't going to be a coherent answer coming from these two - rather, it comes when the ground starts to shift again. Enormous bleachers rise from the soil, rickety rotwood ones that tower higher than the cabins, surrounding you in a circle. When you look back down again, you dance backwards in surprise- you're standing on a circular stage now, the loudspeaker in the center, billowing rotsilk banners fluttering in the misty breeze.

Blue walks in a circle, melting into a performative calm that seems natural to her as she projects her voice.

"TO BE WORSHIPED- TO BE DIVINE! TO BE IDOLIZED FOR THE STAR YOU HOLD INSIDE!"

She claps her hands, and then...

They arrive.

ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][30%] [oh god oh no oh hell oh poo poo]

Skittering. Limping. Sliding. Dragging. Leaping.

Spiders. So many spiders, so many sizes. Big as your hand. Big as your body. Big as a horse. They were wrong wrong all so wrong- hairy, but not with fine bristles. It was long and tangled, patchy and decayed, wet with gorerot. Their bodies are deformed, every last one. Some have legs three times as long, others too many thoraxes, most are missing pieces. They're so WET- leaking fluids, rotten-soggy, staining the ground violet. They advance on the stage, an army. Your hand goes for your gun and your sword, back pressed to the loudspeaker pole, ready ready ready come on you're READY READY REA-

-aaaeeeh? They ignore the stage and hurry to the bleachers, fighting one another for space, filling them quickly and orderly. Moving with bowel-tensing speed. Once gathered the Counselors wait for them to settle down, before Blue continues her ringmaster sale.

"BUT HOW DOES DIVINITY SHINE SO BRIGHT? WHAT GIVES THEM SUCH MIGHT?"

She waits, looking at the crowd. She booms out a word, which sends them all into a skitter-hiss frenzy of joy, while Red claps manically-

"ENTROPY!!!"

You swallow, nerves tingling mad as you keep your hand on your gun. Blue spins to point at you, booming with enough volume to ring your ears.

"AND THE FINEST EXPRESSION OF ENTROPY? THE MOST PRIMAL? THE WAY THE OLDEST GODS PROVED THEIR MIGHT?"

Blue clasps her hands together. Her teeth, too bright. Her voice, too warm with certainty.

"Eating."

She turns back to the spider-crowd, and motions. "SO LET'S GIVE'A CAMPER A BIG OLD CHEER! BRING! FORTH! THE SNAAAAAAAX!!"

The spiders start to fight among one another. There's subsonic screams, limbs flying, cold gelatinous blood weeping over the rotwood. They settle, and throw one of their own down into the circle, as dozens more leap after to hold the panicked dog-sized spider down. More approach from underneath the bleachers, dragging boxes and objects you can't make out through their spindly wet limbs. They converge on their chosen victim, who continues its screams until it's finished and thrown at Blue's feet. The Counselor hops back with an excited scream, giggling as she gestures to the transformed spider. It... it was mauled, horribly, with food stuffed into dozens of wounds, webbed over to keep it in place. Delicious food, too! Burgers, strawberries, oranges, ribs, candy, corn, hotdogs- all that and more, pulsating fresh inside of the groaning spider, who was now dressed up ridiculously in a costume of cardboard and wax paper that made it looks like a giant animate box of fries.

Blue tickles its head, which sends it into a biting frenzy. She dances around it shrieking as she announces "AN' NOW WE'RE GONNA SEE! CAMPER- ARE YOU READY TO BE A DEVOURER OF DIVINITY?!"

ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][40%] [ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no no no no come on no noooo no no]

It was just you and the snack-spider now, circling each other on the stage. Red and Blue stand on the sidelines, clapping and cheering you on, while the spiders in the bleachers make a chorus of sounds that sends the skin crawling. You exhale, and stare at the still-dangerous spider. You had to eat this thing. Alive. While making it look GOOD.

Your stomach is churning. Mouth dry. Fingers burning. Legs heavy. Vision blurring. No appetite at all.

Blue was ecstatic. She childishly sing-songs above the din of the crowd-

"A tasty quest to fill the hole!
That many feel inside their soul.
Venture deep to reach the truth-
And maybe you'll learn something too~"

Black August fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 17, 2020

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

(Imgur is down at the moment. IOU images in the previous cutscene, as well as a LOADING screen.)

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

quote:

[ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no no no no come on no noooo no no]
Not empty-quoting.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Why didn't you all vote for Hurry Home Miss Jellybean!? This is awful!!

I don't suppose we can get any Telepathic bead on this SnackSpider?

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I feel pretty okay about this challenge, this is basically just a check on whether the Tyrant can suppress our anxiety enough to Do The Thing, and it's had a good track record so far in that regard.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Yeah, but at what point do we have to pay the Tyrant piper?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Don't we pay the Tyrant piper upfront in HP? Isn't that why all of the Tyrant-related stuff costs HP?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Our bag of cocaine is useless

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Skipped out on the big meal earlier. That'll probably help. Other than that, uhhh.
could try one or more of these:

-Tyrant, the relatively safe option to just tough through it
-Psycho! Got a good feeling this will work, just, y'know. At a terrible price.
-![ER_INVALID]. think this would help with making it look good, though not so much with anything else.
-Cocaine: Pour it on the spider. It might help?

-:shrug: Serious suggestion? Make a great deal out of every non-spider portion, carefully sampling and complimenting each piece of cooking; treating them as symbolic stand-ins for the spiders body. If the crowd isn't buying it, probably gonna have to give the wounded spider a mercy kill and drink the resulting ichor. Would prefer the spider survives this ordeal since we might get something good, but our living comes first.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

...LOADING

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Oh hey, a Bugsnax LP.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
Save us Tyrant!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

(Unofficial OST: SNAX)

You want to go back to the gallows. That was fun. That was confidence.

This was awful. Your empty belly churns with the trail mix and abundant bile, while you keep your eyes on the weep-swollen black bulges of the spider's face. You clench your jaw and chance a look at your Counselors, pleading. It did nothing to help when you stared into Blue's eyes and saw helplessness bright in them. You were surrounded. There was no leaving this. Either you'd be eaten alive, or you'd be the one eating. The spiders clearly sense your discomfort, and chitter in throat-wet unison. You gag hard enough to double over, gritting your teeth as your mind races for some way out of this.

ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][50%] [Wanna Puke]

(INTERVENTION: The Silver Mind) 11 - [2]+[5]+[3] = 10 - Success!

The Silver Mind posted:

Keep your focus with me. Breathe. Remember what the Silver Mind can do. The infinite reflection of silver over your neurons, purifying emotion. I know- I know you're only a beginner. You barely understand the principles. It's unfair to force this focus. But you have to try with me. You've come so far! You just need to focus on eating the food holding it together.

You're walking forward, sword loose in hand. Your face is slack. You're not feeling anything- you're not there. The silver was present, yes, but it was tarnished, too much night breaking up its infinite reflection. It was numb disassociation. It wasn't going to last.

The spider sees you moving in. It scuttles from side to side, movements pained but still lethal-ready. It coils, and you pick up speed suddenly to try diving into a grapple so you can start to feast.

(Grapple Attempt) 10 - [6]+[5]+[6] = 17 - CRITICAL FAILURE!

ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ] X ][60%] [YOU IDIOT]

But you were- too tense. Too hard. Too stiff. Too slow. Too nervous. Too disgusted. Too angry. Too afraid.

The silver shatters like so much sodaglass. Jagged black scars over every thought. You trip, stumbling, and the spider sees it with a predator's sharp. It leaps at you, grabbing you with legs, long, legs legs, long, long long legs. It was going to draw first. It was going to conquer you. You didn't have the stomach to survive, did you?

(Spiderbite) 18 - [4]+[5]+[3] = 12 - Success.

You're twisting. Writhing. Screaming. The tooth was too thin and long, scraping, stroking, leaning down to SCOOP and it stuck into the flesh through your suit and pulled a lovely little lickful in.

2 damage!
HP: [ 14 / 18 ]
FP: [ 12 / 14 ]

You have to break free. Your sword was out of reach as you struggle on the platform. The spiders were howling subsonic, bleachers creaking and your body vibrating with the cold it sung into the bones. Have to break free!

(STRENGTH) 18 - [5]+[5]+[6] = 16 - Success [By 2].
(Spidersnax Holds On Tight!) 14 - [4]+[3]+[5] = 12 - Success [By 2].
TIE!
-1 FP

...but it wasn't enough. You thrash and push out with your entire body, but can't get the right footing to tear the legs off. It holds on tight, teeth flared, and you begin to despair.

(INTERVENTION: The Silver Mind) 11 - [3]+[3]+[3] = 9 - Success!

The Silver Mind posted:

NO! You have to keep calm! You mustn't fall back into the black- you must focus with me. For just one second, you can master this!

You saw it. Right there beside your head, with the stench of sauce and spices. A blue-rare cooked steak, barely kept over a gaping wound with a bit of web. You had to try. Your neck cranes, mouth opens, adrenaline rises- and you try to prove you could devour divinity.

(WILL - I WILL DO THIS) 18 - [5]+[3]+[4] = 12 - Success!
(STRENGTH - I WILL TEAR IT OPEN) 18 - [2]+[2]+[1] = 5 - Great Success!
(HEALTH - I WILL HOLD IT DOWN) 14 - [4]+[6]+[4] = 14 - Success.

8 damage!

You bite down. You didn't think about the soft squish, the bitter juice, the vile smell, the perfect flavor. You tore, and you consumed. You screamed, and you slammed your head into the wound. The spider lets go, leaping off as entrails slough out of the opened wound while you rend the steak apart in your mouth and hands. You clamber to your knees, eyes watering from the sensations, turning the world a cool blurry graybrown.

Keep breathing. Please. Please keep breathing. Another gag. Another tremendous stress of forcing your biology to comply while you stood and circled again, each of you wounded with the First Bite taken. The spiders were restless in the bleachers, reaching over one another and waiting for the next bite. The lull continues, your bones in song again from the neverending inaudible din. It hypnotized. Annoyed. Frightened. It made your scar feel warm and vile. Your muscles were softening. You wanted it to st♮♮♮♮♮♮♮♮♮♮p

(![SSSnng]) 10 - [4][2]+[4] = 10 - 10 10

You weren't sure what you were doing. Your throat felt soft and bright. You did something to force out the awful feeling of their starved mutant chorus. You were in a limnal state, dreaming awake, unaware of the spiders going still at the sound you made.

You caught Blue's eye. She was looking at you with the face of a woman you had seen before. Someone who hadn't been there under the Camp's strange influence, or the scream queen mania of every performative word. No, you saw her in that one split second as she pulled you past the gate and said you would survive-

(Spider Sneak Snak Attak) 12 - [4]+[4]+[6] = 14 - Failure!

Weight flies past your side, as you twitch out of the way at the last second. The spider slams down in a sloppy frenzy, leaving a long trail of sauce and ichor from its open wound. It was vulnerable. You had to do it again. You had to. You just have to- leap on it. Eat. You could do it.

(GRAPPLE!) 10 - [4]+[3]+[3] = 10 - Success!

It couldn't get away this time. You grab a leg, pulling HARD and angry as you upend it, screaming at the horrible thing, feeling it scuttle and kick so so many legs at your face and you let yourself get mad AND YOU LEAN DOWN AND FIND A FRESH FRESH FRUIT OF THE WOUND AND BITE

(WILL - I WILL DO THIS) 16 - [4]+[5]+[5] = 14 - Success!
(STRENGTH - I WILL TEAR IT OPEN) 16 - [6]+[1]+[5] = 12 - Success!
(HEALTH - I WILL HOLD IT DOWN) 12 - [2]+[6]+[3] = 11 - Success!

6 damage!

You focus on the fruit. Fresh, red, staining your face. Ichor all over. You're gagging and coughing each bite and it hurts and you let it make you MORE angry as you realize how hungry you are, how bad you need a full belly again. But it was starting to hurt. Spiderflesh, rotten and watery, was making you feel sick and weak. You had to keep pushing.

But not before the wounded spider had its chance for meal.

(Spiderbite All-Out Double Attack) 14 - [3]+[3]+[3] = 9 - Success!

4 damage!
HP: [ 10 / 18 ]
FP: [ 11 / 14 ]

A rib. It nipped clean into the shirt and supped from rib. You back into the pole for balance, clenching your side, feeling naked without your sword to sling. It came at you far faster than you expected- so fast you don't even see the second suicidal bite.

(Spiderbite All-Out Double Attack) 14 - [3]+[6]+[2] = 11 - Success!

6 damage!!
HP: [ 4 / 18 ]
FP: [ 11 / 14 ]

Oh, the screaming began. The spiders roared with thrill when their chosen thief takes from you, the first wound worked on with a quick tooth-tuck pull. Three ribs stripped in one soft scoop. The shock was closing in now, the blood loss realer by the second. You could feel Blue and Red pounding on the stage, calling out to you, the spiderdroning starting to seep back into your strained mind.

ANXIETY: [ ! ][ ! ][ ! ][ ! ][ ! ][ ! ][70%] [IT HURTS!!]

(INTERVENTION: The Silver Mind) 11 - [5]+[1]+[3] = 9 - Success!

The Silver Mind posted:

YOUR FOCUS! WITH ME! YOUR EYE IS OPEN STARING INSIDE AND WHEN IT LOOKS AT A SINGLE SILVER NEURON IT REFLECTS THAT OVER EVERY SURFACE SHINING!

You choke and cry out with relief from the sudden cessation of fear and pain- but it was a single second. It begged you, pleaded, beacon bright in the dimming world inside.

The Silver Mind posted:

Trust your senses, not your fear! You CAN win this. I will help- you don't need to fall down in the black! Let the light in so the Silver shines its infinite refraction. You will overcome!

Were you in a silver tent, knees bloodsunk to carpet, was he shouting and holding your hand as you stared off one thousand yards? The worst was yet to come. Oh the gravity was here in your wound and it was pulling on the rib to dare you to tears. You clench your teeth. You shake and hold down your puke. You hear it right there right right there, see it? There!

The Dark posted:

THERE! WAITING! DEMANDING!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

PLAYER CHOICE
Yes. Who will save you?

Who will make you divine?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!
as without, so within

this is a job for Tyranny

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

The black will own us. The silver will help us own ourselves.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
I think the "you take damage" black/tyrant might be bad at 4hp! Unless it also gets boosts for being near death. Plus I kinda want to be a superpowered psion.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

C'mon, silver. Don't disappoint, or we'll, uh. Probably do nothing since failure won't end well.
...Or tie? Silver/Black s'gonna be something, to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Arcanuse posted:

C'mon, silver. Don't disappoint, or we'll, uh. Probably do nothing since failure won't end well.
...Or tie? Silver/Black s'gonna be something, to be sure.

I voted black cause i was hoping for a tie