Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Batigh posted:

Hey, y'all, anyone have advice for dodging the Oceanid's water bombs? I-framing through them with bursts prevents the damage just fine, but it doesn't seem to count as 'not getting hit' for the new achievement. The same seems to be true for the 8-3 no-hit achievement, as i dodged the cryo flower's ice spin via burst i-frames once and (unless I didn't realize I got tagged later) that also didn't trigger.

You can float above the explosions with Venti, I assume you can do similar standing on the geo mc pillar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So if not normal ears is the tell for being something not exactly human, is Klee an actual goblin?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The Himbo is Home! \o/

What artifact sets are people using on him since we don't have a good hydro set right now?

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
Is there any stat (Maybe DEF or HP?) that will help mitigate my characters being interrupted by crossbow bolts? Those archer bastards are always stopping my chongli spins and wind blades and I'm real mad about it.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The Himbo is Home! \o/

What artifact sets are people using on him since we don't have a good hydro set right now?

Seems like the favored build right now is 2 Gladiator/2 Noblesse for the atk boost and the burst boost. Tartaglia's burst scales insanely high (even more so if it's a vaporize) so it's worth pumping.

kater posted:

So if not normal ears is the tell for being something not exactly human, is Klee an actual goblin?

she is the burny gremlin in red :kimchi:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Corla Plankun posted:

Is there any stat (Maybe DEF or HP?) that will help mitigate my characters being interrupted by crossbow bolts? Those archer bastards are always stopping my chongli spins and wind blades and I'm real mad about it.

No stat to my knowledge, but shields should help, i.e. crystallize, Noelle/Diona's E. Also some non-shield abilities like Xingqiu's can reduce the chance of interruption.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Framboise posted:

Seems like the favored build right now is 2 Gladiator/2 Noblesse for the atk boost and the burst boost. Tartaglia's burst scales insanely high (even more so if it's a vaporize) so it's worth pumping.

Ah cool that doesn't sound too bad to scrounge up. Time to look up some artifact farming paths so I can get him up to speed.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Is this collect 7 meteorite quest a daily quest?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Boris Galerkin posted:

Seems like it. The quest has a timeout on it so I assume it'll renew tomorrow?

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

gandlethorpe posted:

No stat to my knowledge, but shields should help, i.e. crystallize, Noelle/Diona's E. Also some non-shield abilities like Xingqiu's can reduce the chance of interruption.

Every day I get one step closer to trading out Chongli and bringing in Noelle. It is just so hard to give up that cryo, and my only other cryo character is that dork from the favonius order.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm just trying to get Diona and I loving pulled Beidou twice, Xing once, and now Childe, a dude I didn't even want!!

I am now up to having five 5 stars :shepface:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Why are the 5* artifact domains so ridiculously scaled I just want some Noblesse pieces. I suppose I could settle for 4* pieces for awhile...

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Why are the 5* artifact domains so ridiculously scaled I just want some Noblesse pieces. I suppose I could settle for 4* pieces for awhile...

I'm really not even bothering with artifacts anymore until I get one more AR level to 45. Just ain't worth it when I could be grinding mats and stuff.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

kater posted:

Seems to be some conflicting reports here.

I was wrong the "this BP period" and event points don't seem to count towards the weekly limit. However, completing all dailies and weeklies does leave you with a surplus.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Corla Plankun posted:

Every day I get one step closer to trading out Chongli and bringing in Noelle. It is just so hard to give up that cryo, and my only other cryo character is that dork from the favonius order.

Don't do it, don't do the best popsicle boi like that. Really, the charge attack isn't great, especially when the current best artifacts for most claymore users is one that discourages using it.

Framboise posted:

I'm really not even bothering with artifacts anymore until I get one more AR level to 45. Just ain't worth it when I could be grinding mats and stuff.

Haha, even at AR45, good luck rolling the piece you need with the right stats.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

So is German the go-to foreign language that they use in China when English isn’t foreign enough? Just wondering cause I’m noticing a lot of random German thrown in, especially with the special event that just started and the Fischl’s voice actor being cringeworthy terrible.

E:

The way Oz says “mein” though

She doesn't use any German in the japanese translation, so that might be something the English version added

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i love getting random rear end element cups on 5 star set pieces, its so fun.

Boris Galerkin posted:

this seems like it'd be a shitload of paimongems and other resources so idk but i hope so!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm curious to see how this first "real" event goes. It came out pretty fast, all things considered.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

You don’t pull on the weapon banner unless you want the 4* weapons. It’s not possible to guarantee either of the 5* weapons due to how the pity works, so if you want to pull for the book you can spend infinite money and get nothing but gravestones on your pities. Granted, it’s eventually going to happen if you spend enough money, but we’re talking “willing to spend 10k+ on a weapon” and it’s just not really a good idea.

Assume that someday you will pull a 5* weapon from the standard banner from the blue wishes you get and can’t spend anywhere else and forget they exist outside of that. Functionally, they don’t, even for a lot of whales.

I mean that building up pity on the weapon banner doesn't really seem like a less valid idea that building up pity on the character banner, since it seems like the same mechanic of "at some point you'll hit pity and have some limited control over when that is that you can align with a character/weapon you want."

"Never roll on the weapon banner" seems predicated on someone preferring to pull characters to pulling a weapon (which is admittedly most of the time), but it's not hard to imagine a situation where someone would rather get a 5* weapon than a 5* character (or constellations for a 4*).

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

It's cool how paying attention to the loading screen tooltips clues you in to the whole "no more Mora" thing at the end of the story being an even bigger deal than you might otherwise think. All the character progression stuff that you have to spend Mora on? Yeah, that actually physically consumes the Mora in lore. Basically, we're going to singlehandedly bankrupt the world.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the struggle to get a good element/phys cup is one of the reasons it's advised you just use any good off-set cup you have. and get set bonuses through the other 4 slots

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
4-sets are for whales. The only 4-set you should expect to use is Venerer, otherwise you will be better off just using the best stats you have on 2-sets and off pieces 90% of the time.

You'll find that you have a lot more wiggle room feathers and flowers a.) because you don't have to worry about the primary stat and b.) they can't roll flat HP and flat ATK, respectively, which makes high quality feathers/flowers something like >10x more common than high quality helmets (let alone goblets). Sands, hats, and goblets are much harder and you'll have to settle for some crappy pieces.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 16, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Goddamn, I gotta save up for Bennett (boss fight spoiler)

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Cattail Prophet posted:

It's cool how paying attention to the loading screen tooltips clues you in to the whole "no more Mora" thing at the end of the story being an even bigger deal than you might otherwise think. All the character progression stuff that you have to spend Mora on? Yeah, that actually physically consumes the Mora in lore. Basically, we're going to singlehandedly bankrupt the world.

it's also a way to setup in-lore a currency reset so you can grind more!

Seems the resin spending part of this event is tomorrow?

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Do we know if the event will be giving out AR exp? I'm so close to AR45 but I think the only way I could hit it this week would be to spend resin on the bosses, which I'd ideally like to avoid so I can make the most of the increased drops

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mr Snips posted:

Do we know if the event will be giving out AR exp? I'm so close to AR45 but I think the only way I could hit it this week would be to spend resin on the bosses, which I'd ideally like to avoid so I can make the most of the increased drops

there are images of the resin step rewards out there and it has the usual 100 ARexp per 20 resin ratio. the crucible event was the same way as long as you actually used resin on it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mr Snips posted:

you get 5 exp for every singular point of resin you spend, even if you're just spending them on refining magic crystal ores. i would be utterly SHOCKED if you don't get adventure exp for spending resin on this event.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol the fragments do not give an utter poo poo about verticality. had one buzzing me on the nearly the top of guyun stone forest and it was on the beach.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Did anyone else notice a weird English VA for one of the knights you talk to in the village for the event quest? Didn't sound professional, like the audio mastering was way off and the levels were peaking like a laptop mic.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

4-sets are for whales. The only 4-set you should expect to use is Venerer, otherwise you will be better off just using the best stats you have on 2-sets and off pieces 90% of the time.

You'll find that you have a lot more wiggle room feathers and flowers a.) because you don't have to worry about the primary stat and b.) they can't roll flat HP and flat ATK, respectively, which makes high quality feathers/flowers something like >10x more common than high quality helmets (let alone goblets). Sands, hats, and goblets are much harder and you'll have to settle for some crappy pieces.

I think one of the leaks showed a 5 piece set that could work on any damage dealer and it was strong enough that you'd want all parts of it.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I overlooked a very critical downside to pulling Childe.

I have to farm Oceanid now.

:shepface:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

How are y'all seeing blue on the big map for meteors? I don't see that.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bruceski posted:

it only shows them on the minimap as you get near, afaik. the event information page will let you ping the general large area they're all in to start with.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I overlooked a very critical downside to pulling Childe.

I have to farm Oceanid now.

:shepface:

Beidou absolutely mulches every creature it spawns besides the fuckin birds. Slapping 600% damage counters + electroshock every 7.5 seconds just wipes out the crabs and poo poo.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Bruceski posted:

The actual meteorite locations only show up on the mini-map. If you go to the event page and click on the mini-quests that ask you to get 7 meteorites from each area where they spawn, it'll highlight the big map in a giant area, not that that's terribly helpful.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

inthesto posted:

The actual meteorite locations only show up on the mini-map. If you go to the event page and click on the mini-quests that ask you to get 7 meteorites from each area where they spawn, it'll highlight the big map in a giant area, not that that's terribly helpful.

On the contrary, it's very helpful when I have 4 left, thought I checked the whole zone, and want to see what else is included. Unfortunately once you get the first 7 you can't check that. Fortunately the tooltip for it had as an example the area I was wondering about. Now I know to take notes on the rest before I begin searching.

I'd just looked around Starsnatch Cliff, not Starfall Lake next to it. Warp to the waypoint and everything's showing up there.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Is the melt boost applying to all three hits here? I've been assuming that melt/vaporize were good for one hit only, does it apply to the entire triggering attack?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bloody Emissary posted:

Tier lists are useless unless they detail the characters' roles and what puts them in their position. Xiangling as elemental support is quite different from Xiangling as a main DPS, for instance. I used both of my spear prototypes on Prototype Grudge, so I don't have access to Crescent Pike and can't use her as a main DPS no matter how good she is on paper. She's stuck on Pyro application duty.

Fischl or Amber would probably be handy for Anemo Hypostasis; there's some points in the fight where I think you can only hit it with an archer. Anemo Traveler isn't really a good pick, since the Hypostasis is immune to Anemo and you can't get Gust Surge to stay in one spot to apply other elemental procs. Noelle or Ningguang might be helpful in blocking some of its AOE attacks.
Edit: Oh yeah, Geo Traveler's meteors might be helpful in picking up some of its energy orbs to keep it from doing AOEs. Haven't tried that myself, though.

Noelle is fantastic for the Geo Hypostasis: 3-combo -> dodge cancel to take down the pillars, use her shield to tank the glowy pillar AOE, and pop her ult once you get to the last phase where it spawns the three pillars. You can probably use Razor if you'd prefer, but you'll likely have to two-cycle the last phase.

Flair posted:

I would look up both bosses' movesets. For Anemo, you can literally bring anything. For Geo, you just need just need claymore users and/or Geo for the pillars, so bring both Razor and Noelle. For Geo, even if your Noelle is underleveled, she can still finish off the boss in its final phase with her Q because the pillars are like mining ores.

Much appreciated, I could always use advice on how to play the game better.

So, I've got a Prototype Animus and two Rainslashers that I haven't leveled up at all. Should I move to one of those or stick with my lvl60 Debate Club still?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Aminus should be matching if not outpacing Debate Club around lv60 but in general it's going to be the better long term investment anyway so i would shift to raising it.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Much appreciated, I could always use advice on how to play the game better.

So, I've got a Prototype Animus and two Rainslashers that I haven't leveled up at all. Should I move to one of those or stick with my lvl60 Debate Club still?

R1 Prototype animus matches the debate club at level 60, and outscales wholly it at level 70. You should be investing into it. Rainslasher currently doesn't have any use except on a support Beidou, but whenever we get a hydro claymore character it will likely see play on them (assuming that they can maintain decent hydro uptime).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

If anyone's counting up their meteorite shards after the fact, remember that the intro quest gives you 2.