Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Phone posted:

How can you be on all fours and jacking off? Idgi

lookit this guy who hasn't mastered the art of the hands-free orgasm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Nothus posted:

The force monks were a wasted storyline that could have been cool as it's own thing.

Wolfsheim posted:

There were a lot of interesting elements in Rogue One that mostly sat around in the background, doing nothing

Rogue One was supposed to kick off a series of related stories that weren’t necessarily the primary skywalker story. The bunch of things in the background were seeds planted to be picked up in subsequent movies. But then Solo sucked rear end and tanked and they got scared and pulled the plug. Only now are we getting it in the form of the mandalorian

THS
Sep 15, 2017

mandalorian is good. properly weird, not afraid to be goofy as hell, fun

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

MadJackal posted:

I worked inpatient during the initial COVID outbreak in NY, go gently caress yourself for insinuating otherwise. I never mention it anywhere other than the COVID thread and it’s bewildering that that this bit of information is both used against me and also implied to be a lie. Anyone can go track down those posts, the amount of medical shorthand I used and the details of the hospital courses for multiple COVID patients make it clear to anyone with an MD after their name that they weren’t written by an amateur.

Now please, please quote any post of mine “freaking out about biden needing to win to stop covid and save America.” I voted for the guy who didn’t host superspreader events and acknowledges the value of basic safety precautions. I’m under no illusions that the body count for this monster isn’t going to continue to rise, but I do prefer that Donald Trump doesn’t have a position of power to continue to encourage his death cult to speed things up.

Hello, I am a doctor as well. I can tell by the specific temimology employed that this person enjoys drinking pee pee (or urine, to use the scientific term). They actually love the taste, nothing sexual about it, but nothing is more refreshing to them after a long day of saving lives.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I would really love to hear Gorka come back and talk about the lawsuits

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

anyone medicposting without dropping a reference to Throckmorton's Sign is an obvious plant.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Looks like someone's committed the Irishman's Gunpowder fallacy!

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

little munchkin posted:

Hello, I am a doctor as well. I can tell by the specific temimology employed that this person enjoys drinking pee pee (or urine, to use the scientific term). They actually love the taste, nothing sexual about it, but nothing is more refreshing to them after a long day of saving lives.

I'm also a doctor and my second opinion is: This diagnosis is correct.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Big Bidness posted:

Well I'm a psychiatrist and I'm going to disagree: it's absolutely a sex thing

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

MadJackal posted:

I worked inpatient during the initial COVID outbreak in NY, go gently caress yourself for insinuating otherwise. I never mention it anywhere other than the COVID thread and it’s bewildering that that this bit of information is both used against me and also implied to be a lie. Anyone can go track down those posts, the amount of medical shorthand I used and the details of the hospital courses for multiple COVID patients make it clear to anyone with an MD after their name that they weren’t written by an amateur.

Now please, please quote any post of mine “freaking out about biden needing to win to stop covid and save America.” I voted for the guy who didn’t host superspreader events and acknowledges the value of basic safety precautions. I’m under no illusions that the body count for this monster isn’t going to continue to rise, but I do prefer that Donald Trump doesn’t have a position of power to continue to encourage his death cult to speed things up.

yes hello nurse? it would actually be really funny if you and everyone you knew died from covid.

you have no power, nothing you or anyone can do can change what's coming. we are all going to die. just relax dude.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

MadJackal posted:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1328200072987893762?s=21

The president is trying his damnedest to invalidate the election he lost.

CTH has royally hosed up by minimalizing Trump’s in-progress coup attempt by arguing how he’s not ~really~ a fascist because he hasn’t pulled it off yet, ergo their Twitter opinions are totally correct.

The Brand is being contrarian, I get it, but there’s a modicum of responsibility towards acknowledging this is a well and truly hosed up political event and they aren’t meeting it.

MadJackal posted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I used to feel bad for madjackal having to go through what he did in New York, but that was all pissed away by his 4 months of unironic Biden boosting, back to brunch, and punching left posts.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

doctors cant have bad opinions its scientifically impossible

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Big Bidness posted:

thank you.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
doctors are by and large absolute idiots who are barely capable of independent functioning just look at ben carson

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

Looks like someone's committed the Irishman's Gunpowder fallacy!

lol

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

It's important for doctors to know that it's not worth working in the field. Stop being a doctor, there is no life saving going on it's all just bullshit. You get the pleasure of a disease spitting hog saying how much they want to kill you before they're put down with drugs that will cost extra on the bill. It's not worth saving human life, the pay isn't worth living in a permeant plague zone.

abolish medicine

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

miniscule12 posted:

It's important for doctors to know that it's not worth working in the field. Stop being a doctor, there is no life saving going on it's all just bullshit. You get the pleasure of a disease spitting hog saying how much they want to kill you before they're put down with drugs that will cost extra on the bill. It's not worth saving human life, the pay isn't worth living in a permeant plague zone.

abolish medicine

Maoists in our midst.

gfarrell80
Aug 31, 2006

crepeface posted:

like I know he partially tweeted his way to the presidency but he still needed the structural power of the Republican machine.

i don't think enough of them are behind him to make his tweets a reality this time.

Yep, this is the reality we're living in. The Republicans are happy to have Biden in power, because Biden is basically a Republican and they can work with him. The Republican party now has control of the executive, judiciary, and 1/2 of the legislative houses.

Vichan posted:

Isn't that what Rogue One is to begin with?

I liked the movie tbh, my fourth favourite Star Wars film.

The fourth best Star Wars movie is Space Balls.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pharmaskittle posted:

me: the number of letters I spelled with my tongue and the details of how I take breaths without coming up makes it clear to anyone with a Ms. before their name that it wasn't written by a pussy eating amateur

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Chad Jihad posted:

I would really love to hear Gorka come back and talk about the lawsuits

ask and ye shall receive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PReW0-Emmv8

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
gently caress yes David Roth episode

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
David Roth is the best guest and I listen to the dead spin episode like once a month because he’s just the funniest person in the entire Chapo universe.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

The Muppets On PCP posted:

doctors are by and large absolute idiots who are barely capable of independent functioning just look at ben carson

doctors are typically people who are insanely brilliant at their one specific thing and dumbasses otherwise. academics in general for that matter

i can respect madjackal's posts on the pandemic but lol getting mad at a podcast, stick to the doctorin', lib

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Eh most doctors aren’t brilliant.

It’s like everything else. There are a few stupid people who skate by on luck/connections/money, there are a few truly exceptionally smart people, and then there’s the average mass. It’s the same thing in sciences, not every person with a physics PhD is Lev Landau or Paul Dirac.

The only thing you can say about ‘most doctors’ is they come from wealth for obvious reasons.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
pussy march

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

the two pussy marches.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Doctors are basically just mechanics for people, who everyone respects more solely because they paid 1000x the amount of money for the technical training

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

I feel like this is the kind of thread the chapo boys can rip into:

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1328480928604229632?s=20

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

David Roth is the best guest and I listen to the dead spin episode like once a month because he’s just the funniest person in the entire Chapo universe.

He's also the best writer on Trump and it's not close.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Groovelord Neato posted:

He's also the best writer on Trump and it's not close.

Will got it right when he said Dave is the man The Orange speaks to

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bust Rodd posted:

Are you listening to The Distraction podcast that he does with Drew Magary now?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Eh most doctors aren’t brilliant.

It’s like everything else. There are a few stupid people who skate by on luck/connections/money, there are a few truly exceptionally smart people, and then there’s the average mass. It’s the same thing in sciences, not every person with a physics PhD is Lev Landau or Paul Dirac.

The only thing you can say about ‘most doctors’ is they come from wealth for obvious reasons.

Med student here, and yeah, pretty much.

Here in SA we have a few highly regarded public medical universities like the USP in Brazil and UBA in Argentina. They are insanely hard to get into, though, and even harder to leave with a degree. Those that do fall in two camps: the "I survived this gauntlet so now I am entitled to every drat privilege!" crowd, and the "Whew I amanged to do this and be free of debt! Time to do the best I can now" people.

When it comes to private med schools, yeah, they select for the moneyed kids that are stubborn/dedicated enough and want the validation and social authority as much as the money. Though recently they have been losing those to financial jobs, which don't require nearly as much effort and where you can mess up with far less repercussions.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

miniscule12 posted:

I feel like this is the kind of thread the chapo boys can rip into:

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1328480934270791680
No, don't rat out people who kill cops you little hall monitor dweeb

I don't follow Greenwald on a daily basis. I've never seen any of his appearances on Tucker Carlson. Can someone explain why D&D thinks that the gay anti-Bolsonaro journalist is a Trumpian Neo-Nazi?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't follow Greenwald on a daily basis. I've never seen any of his appearances on Tucker Carlson. Can someone explain why D&D thinks that the gay anti-Bolsonaro journalist is a Trumpian Neo-Nazi?

Because he has an extreme contrarian streak, melts down on Twitter every second of every day about free speech in a Bari Weissian manner, goes on Tucker Carlson and apparently parrots transphobic misinformation in his new substack. Glenn is a guy who has done incredibly important journalism and is also an idiot in many other ways.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
GG is one of the rare true left-libertarian guys and he had some strange takes in the mid 00’s.

Libs hate him because he’s rude, very petty, and will absolutely poke at people he doesn’t like in public and embarrassing ways.

There’s also the reality winner mess but a lot is lost in appending blame from that to anyone other than RW theirselves.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

he has incredible poster's brain. he'll get in the replies with an account that has 1K followers if it posts at him. he is 24/7 Mad Online. I'd say it's a bit, because it does seem to drive interest in his substack or whatever, but I don't think he does it in a calculated way

he and a couple others I generally agree with on stuff / think are smart are starting to drift in a way I can't totally describe but find unsettling. him being so fixated on the hunter biden laptop story that it caused him to leave the intercept, for example

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
part of the same drift - lee fang, taibbi, etc

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

terrorist ambulance posted:

part of the same drift - lee fang, taibbi, etc

idk I don't think GG has had a meltdown as public and cringe as Taibbi lately, but I don't follow any of these people day to day anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Halloween Jack posted:

glenn at his heart is a genuine libertarian which means he is just a little bit stupid to begin with, especially with a general hardline 'all speech is worth defending' bend which normally is fine and good but since I do think he kinda just enjoys being contrarian this tends to lead to him taking some dumb cancel culture kinda takes.

Now, the reason he's like that is because for the crime of 'accurately reporting on US government abuses' he was blackballed by most of the media (hence him going on Tucker, he's literally one of the only people that will have him) so as much as I hate the cancel culture types I'm pretty loving forgiving of him leaning to 'maybe we shouldn't be letting media elite decide what's okay to say' as a default view.

Also he was very vocal about the russiagate poo poo being dumb so that made him almost as hated as he was for saying 'it's bad that we torture and kill people'.

His Intercept meltdown was really loving dumb though, even if I agree with him that it's insane that we're just not allowed to have any journalistic curiosity about Hunter's poo poo him posting an editor being all 'right but you need actual sources to make these claims otherwise it's just an op-ed' as some big proof of conspiracy was real funny.

Oh yea and the Reality Winner stuff was kinda shady but to be honest I don't know if anyone could have saved Reality from getting caught after using a government computer and all. It sucks and Glenn/The Intercept as a whole probably could have done a pinch more but...yea RW was fairly hosed no matter what.