Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Its Coke posted:

on FB you're only allowed to be racist to white people, and on Parler you're only allowed to be racist to non-white people. I want a platform where you can be racist to everyone equally, as MLK intended

have you tried reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

chaleski posted:

In the popular videogame Minecraft, of course

speaking of vidya

DustyDevito posted:

Capcuck posted:

What does "faux" mean in your world, because if you think people are fake outraged over, you know, kids being shot at school...

Well yea when the outrage is directed at random dudes like Mitch McConnell, it comes off as a convenient excuse to screech at someone they already didnt like

TheRyanRAW posted:

DustyDevito posted:

Well yea when the outrage is directed at random dudes like Mitch McConnell, it comes off as a convenient excuse to screech at someone they already didnt like

Mitch McConnell is one of the most powerful politicans in history, served in the Senate since the 1980s which means he has a hand in almost every bill that does or does not pass since that time. Plus leads the charge with voter surpression, battles with any form of gun control with his influence, and willingly abuses his position to obstruct the other side with no compromises. Mitch has long been somebody against any measure of gun control.

Nothing is inherently wrong with "thoughts and prayers" but it also isn't productive. How many thousands of times is talking about thoughts and prayers acceptable before you support a solution to a problem killing innocent children. Nobody thinks thoughts and prayers are evil it's loving infuriating when that is all a politican has to offer in the aftermath of reoccurring mass shooting incidents instead of using their position to help people.

There were more mass shooting in America than there were days in 2019. As a country we need to have a serious talk about gun control and mental health. "Screeching about Mitch McConnell" is actually part of that conversation since he is the Senate Majority Leader.

Wtf at calling him a "random dude." lol

DustyDevito posted:

TheRyanRAW posted:

snip
Screeching at people in senate for a completely heartless act of violence that they had nothing to do with seems mentally unstable to me

TheRyanRAW posted:

" Nothing is inherently wrong with "thoughts and prayers" but it also isn't productive. How many thousands of times is talking about thoughts and prayers acceptable before you support a solution to a problem killing innocent children. Nobody thinks thoughts and prayers are evil it's loving infuriating when that is all a politican has to offer in the aftermath of reoccurring mass shooting incidents instead of using their position to help draft up ideas to protect people. "

Well this is part of how the Senate has anything to do with it. We are a Democracy yelling at our representatives about actual huge problems is our right and should be expected.

Look bud how many mass shootings happen in other countries and why do they happen way less than in our country.

Do you think it happening every single day before the Lockdown has nothing to do with our laws or the state of mental health in our country?

DustyDevito posted:

TheRyanRAW posted:

when that is all a politican has to offer in the aftermath of reoccurring mass shooting incidents

I prefer hollow thoughts and prayers than an attempt to dismantle the 2nd amendment

TheRyanRAW posted:

How many mass shootings happen in other countries and you think it happening every single single day before the Lockdown has nothing to do with our laws?

Why are the highest rates of gun crime in urban shitholes with the strongest anti-gun laws?

The problem is people, not guns.

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 20:41 on Nov 16, 2020

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i really do wonder what the next 20 to 30 years of the internet will look like. Surely it (and by "it" im referring to the 4Chan EdgeLords) cant be like this forever. i remember in a recent chapo episode matt talking about the negative reaction towards "positive vibes only" News Article sites and how the entire internet medium just boils down to one giant misery box.

my thing is: Will it always be? the 4Chan poo poo isnt even funny or even edgy offensive. Its just insufferable.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Race Realists posted:

i really do wonder what the next 20 to 30 years of the internet will look like. Surely it (and by "it" im referring to the 4Chan EdgeLords) cant be like forever. i remember in a recent chapo episode matt talking about the reaction towards "positive vibes only" News Article sites and how the entire internet medium being one giant misery box.

my thing is: Will it always be? the 4Chan poo poo isnt even funny or even edgy offensive. Its just insufferable.

I'm expecting spaces will open up where people can relax more again and it'll segregate more drastically into corporate internet where you're always verbally wearing a suit and tie and casual internet where you can say retard

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
oh man he said the word, gonna head to QCS HR

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Race Realists posted:

i really do wonder what the next 20 to 30 years of the internet will look like. Surely it (and by "it" im referring to the 4Chan EdgeLords) cant be like this forever. i remember in a recent chapo episode matt talking about the negative reaction towards "positive vibes only" News Article sites and how the entire internet medium just boils down to one giant misery box.

If your question is whether the fashy death cult of the chan boards will go away, where people are constantly just telling each other to go shoot up a mosque or kill themselves, yes but only because they are going to transition onto more public spaces like YouTube where you have to at least pretend to give a poo poo (unless you have enough subscribers).

If you mean will edgelord humor go away, then the answer is no. Pushing the line on decency is something that kids go through because it is fresh and exciting and they can act out these things in anonymous spaces to see if they actually want to be that kind of person. No number of PSAs and personal testimonials will get through to a kid that wants to hurt someone just to see how it feels. The issue is when the kids become 30 year old that are still doing that stuff.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Make sure you imagine him talking in his voice.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

CuddleCryptid posted:

If your question is whether the fashy death cult of the chan boards will go away, where people are constantly just telling each other to go shoot up a mosque or kill themselves, yes but only because they are going to transition onto more public spaces like YouTube where you have to at least pretend to give a poo poo (unless you have enough subscribers).

If you mean will edgelord humor go away, then the answer is no. Pushing the line on decency is something that kids go through because it is fresh and exciting and they can act out these things in anonymous spaces to see if they actually want to be that kind of person. No number of PSAs and personal testimonials will get through to a kid that wants to hurt someone just to see how it feels. The issue is when the kids become 30 year old that are still doing that stuff.

id argue the 20s is the age were this poo poo really sticks in. Adolescent nerds are extremely privy to Incel Culture and those concepts only solidify when you see everyone who picked on you in High School graduating and going into big Colleges, coming out of it with fantastic Careers and Marriages/Relationships

the 30s is when you become a "wizard". i literally dont know why they used that to describe 30-something virgins and i dont care to know why

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 21:52 on Nov 16, 2020

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
^ ^ ^ Lololololol wut.

Is anyone up for making an alt-alt-"right" thread for CSPAM? One wherein we compile talking points to bridge the gap between leftism and just hating the absolute poo poo out of liberals, free of racism and sexism?

While it's true that MANY Trump supporters are completely irredeemable in every way, the same is absolutely 100% true of ALL Biden supporters, maybe even a higher percentage (voter and supporter are two very distinct levels of enthusiasm/anti-social personality disorder).

I'd rather share a foxhole with a reluctant Trump voter than an enthusiastic Biden voter, especially now *checks watch* two weeks after the election.

Please don't interpret this as me saying I don't want an antifa supersolider with a collection of nazi scalps pistolwhipping a cop to death with his own service weapon, that couldn't be further from the truth.

But I want to be as sure as I am able that each and every one of those scalps belonged to someone who really, genuinely wished harm upon people, and not some random rear end in a top hat who's pissed because he just watched a segregationist and his black slaver lieutenant promise ever-more hardship and suffering for people who have a sub $1,000,000 networth.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

3030 pages later and you still believe in harmless Trump voters lmao

But by all means, set up your horseshoe theory pages over on reddit.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Tubgoat posted:

^ ^ ^ Lololololol wut.

Is anyone up for making an alt-alt-"right" thread for CSPAM? One wherein we compile talking points to bridge the gap between leftism and just hating the absolute poo poo out of liberals, free of racism and sexism?

While it's true that MANY Trump supporters are completely irredeemable in every way, the same is absolutely 100% true of ALL Biden supporters, maybe even a higher percentage (voter and supporter are two very distinct levels of enthusiasm/anti-social personality disorder).

I'd rather share a foxhole with a reluctant Trump voter than an enthusiastic Biden voter, especially now *checks watch* two weeks after the election.

Please don't interpret this as me saying I don't want an antifa supersolider with a collection of nazi scalps pistolwhipping a cop to death with his own service weapon, that couldn't be further from the truth.

But I want to be as sure as I am able that each and every one of those scalps belonged to someone who really, genuinely wished harm upon people, and not some random rear end in a top hat who's pissed because he just watched a segregationist and his black slaver lieutenant promise ever-more hardship and suffering for people who have a sub $1,000,000 networth.

:stare: wow yikes. In NO WAY was i justifying that type of person i described!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I gave absolutely no mind to the person you were describing at all, beyond "lol." Sorry.

CuddleCryptid posted:

3030 pages later and you still believe in harmless Trump voters lmao

Check out the Cool Zone discussion. Trump's share of minority votes doubled from 2016.

Are all of those minority voters also irredeemable chuds?

Because the liberals I know are completely irredeemable.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

trump's working class supporters aren't poor, deceived, propagandized proles. they're vicious, hateful authoritarians who would kill you in a second if they thought they could get away with it. they dream all day about being rich and powerful enough to get away with all the cruelty they dream of enacting on everyone else. gently caress them, don't waste an ounce of pity on them.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

trump's working class supporters aren't poor, deceived, propagandized proles. they're vicious, hateful authoritarians who would kill you in a second if they thought they could get away with it. they dream all day about being rich and powerful enough to get away with all the cruelty they dream of enacting on everyone else. gently caress them, don't waste an ounce of pity on them.

You just described almost everyone I know who voted for Biden, comrade.

On our current trajectory, we are gonna be fighting *checks notes* 80% of the population of the United States.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Tubgoat posted:

You just described almost everyone I know who voted for Biden, comrade.

cool that's fine, i'm not saying ally with libs, but fascists are fascists and just because they hate libs as much as you do does not make them natural or even potential allies. we are on our own.

yeah the united states is a demon cracker nation. it's not like a mysterious brain virus from space mind controlled the naive american people and made them vote for 200 years of violent imperialist robber barons, we did it to ourselves.

don't end up like glenn greenwald or michael tracey, letting your natural hatred for and revulsion of libs destroy all your higher brain functions.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Race Realists posted:

Adam Curtis said that eventually people will think of the internet more as an amusement park, and that nothing in it is real. I'm not so sure, I see the lies get more and more detached and the further from reality it is the more appealing it becomes.

The people who have created the condition for the internet to be as terrible as it is, are currently being given more power in order to clean up the messes they made. I think eventually all joy will be crushed out of the internet by corporations, your internet activity will be micro managed like how you are at your job, with little titles on your account showing how many times you've engaged with the fake news that is still allowed on the website.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Tubgoat posted:

Check out the Cool Zone discussion. Trump's share of minority votes doubled from 2016.

Are all of those minority voters also irredeemable chuds?

Because the liberals I know are completely irredeemable.

The only people that Fascism actually helps is the people in charge so if you are asking me if we should poo poo on people who are supporting a system that would throw them to the wolves the second it became more profitable than keeping them around, regardless of skin color, the answer is yes.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

are diamond and silk, jesse lee peterson, and david clarke irredeemable chuds?
*thinking incredibly hard for three whole seconds*
yes, next question

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
^ ^ ^ loving obviously they are! And I wouldn't think any better of them if they had started shilling for Biden in the last year.

CuddleCryptid posted:

The only people that Fascism actually helps is the people in charge so if you are asking me if we should poo poo on people who are supporting a system that would throw them to the wolves the second it became more profitable than keeping them around, regardless of skin color, the answer is yes.

I'm talking about peeling off the fairweather fascists, comrade.

And right now, as of the typing of this post, every single one of Biden's staff picks has him on track to be a much bigger monster than Trump ever could.

We had the choice between competent fascism and incompetent fascism and buddy, we got the competent fascist.
As soon as Joe can't go on saying whole phonemes, a WOC fascist who didn't win a single primary takes over.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Tubgoat posted:

I'm talking about peeling off the fairweather fascists, comrade.

And right now, as of the typing of this post, every single one of Biden's staff picks has him on track to be a much bigger monster than Trump ever could.

We had the choice between competent fascism and incompetent fascism and buddy, we got the competent fascist.
As soon as Joe can't go on saying whole phonemes, a WOC fascist who didn't win a single primary takes over.

every single fairweather fascist in the country voted for biden. not a single trump voter will give you anything but a bullet in the back of the head the second you're not looking

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

There's no such thing as a Fairweather fascist. You either believe in the dignity of human life or you don't.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
^ ^ ^ People who were happy about voting for Biden DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE SANCTITY OF LIFE.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

every single fairweather fascist in the country voted for biden. not a single trump voter will give you anything but a bullet in the back of the head the second you're not looking

That is honestly a much better deal with a lib would ever give me.

I voted for Hawkins but Biden's cabinet picks and donors are making me wish Trump won.

Lmao both loving fascist parties tried as hard as they possibly could to lose this election.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Tubgoat posted:

I voted for Hawkins but Biden's cabinet picks and donors are making me wish Trump won.

Lmao both loving fascist parties tried as hard as they possibly could to lose this election.

Source your quotes

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

CuddleCryptid posted:

Source your quotes
Did you not see the loving clowncar of CIA and FBI spooks flooding into Biden's cabinet? The democrat party is now the 2000-2008 republican party, and until Obama decided that foreverwar and kidnapping and torturing random people and bombing well-marked hospitals they know the location of are totally cool, we were ready to see Bush and Cheney hanged for these acts.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Tubgoat posted:

^ ^ ^ People who were happy about voting for Biden DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE SANCTITY OF LIFE.

i voted for bernie loving sanders. wrote him in and everything.

there's a persistent idea among people on the left who mostly talk politics with other leftists that the rural working class has this kind of class nobility that makes them potential allies if we can just bust through the shell of propaganda and i am here to tell you that is complete loving horseshit. they are, at best, exactly as bad as liberals: delusional to the point of psychosis and totally unreachable. at worst, and there's a lot more "at worst" out there than "at best," they are atavistic monsters who love trump because the idea of sharing a country with minorities has driven them insane and they want to see mass graves. they're not reachable and not savable and even if they were they don't deserve to be saved. there are plenty of apolitical poor people out there who don't vote, go look for supporters there rather than trying to convert fascists.

it's the same brain disease that makes leftists think of right wing coups in South America as totally exogenous events. the united states propped them up and backed them, but the golpistas themselves were 100% homegrown south american chud. they wanted a right wing government in their country and by god they got it. bolsonaro got a majority. sometimes people are oppressed and victimized and also just awful pieces of poo poo with no redeeming features.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

You either think it's possible to build socalism through appealing to a public, or you don't.

If you don't, I mean poo poo arguing that it's not possible isn't praxis, nothing is praxis.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm fairly certain we're more likely to convert Democrat voters who just wanted Orange Man Gone than we are to winning over your average Trump voter

Also your average uninformed blue vote probably has no idea how horrible the Democratic party really is, where chuds are voting for Trump because they want the most evil candidate

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think the problem is speaking in generalities is pointless. people don’t think and act in complete sync. They may share some of the ideals but if you dismiss everyone, well you will have no one

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
On the field of battle, yeah, go nuts, turn the fash into literal paste and email high-definition photos to their family as you make a soyface. Shoot their spinal cord into pieces and reassmble it outside their body livestreamed on Twitch.

But in line at the supermarket, in a hotel lobby, at a bus stop, etc, one or two of them may be human beings who are just really pissed off and live in an environment that denies that any interpretation of reality exists or that any problems exist that can't be enslaved for the good of The Market.

chaleski posted:

I'm fairly certain we're more likely to convert Democrat voters who just wanted Orange Man Gone than we are to winning over your average Trump voter

Also your average uninformed blue vote probably has no idea how horrible the Democratic party really is, where chuds are voting for Trump because they want the most evil candidate
I thought this too but 2020 has COMPLETELY disabused me of this notion. They're going back to brunch and any reports of people who are not them having problems are Russian disinformation.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i voted for bernie loving sanders. wrote him in and everything.

there's a persistent idea among people on the left who mostly talk politics with other leftists that the rural working class has this kind of class nobility that makes them potential allies if we can just bust through the shell of propaganda and i am here to tell you that is complete loving horseshit. they are, at best, exactly as bad as liberals: delusional to the point of psychosis and totally unreachable.

it's the same brain disease that makes leftists think of right wing coups in South America as totally exogenous events.

Thanks for putting ideology in my mouth.

I'm not talking about rural voters, poo poo, my blood family who live in rural areas are probably irredeemable to the point where I wouldn't bother.

But random fuckers who know something's wrong and that both explanations sanctioned the mainstream media are horseshit? You may as well sew their robe and hood yourself if you're not gonna approach them as human beings at the very start.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Tubgoat posted:

But in line at the supermarket, in a hotel lobby, at a bus stop, etc, one or two of them may be human beings who are just really pissed off and live in an environment that denies that any interpretation of reality exists or that any problems exist that can't be enslaved for the good of The Market.

every single word here applies with equal strength to libs. neera tanden, candice aiston etc. are obviously unredeemable enemies but the majority of them are just dopes who don't want kids to be in cages or people to die of preventable diseases or be homeless, but they are just scared of breaking decorum or raising taxes.

this forum was a lot more fun to read before bernie lost, it feels like that event sort of broke a lot of brains in here and led to sporadic outbreaks of Greenwald's Disease. we used to laugh at the new york times for uncritically writing portraits of Matthew Heimbach and other "salt of the earth" fash types.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

every single word here applies with equal strength to libs. neera tanden, candice aiston etc. are obviously unredeemable enemies but the majority of them are just dopes who don't want kids to be in cages or people to die of preventable diseases or be homeless, but they are just scared of breaking decorum or raising taxes.
SO CORRECT THEM! Explain that decorum poisoning is real and that money is fake and made up! loving actual chuds are more likely to realise this than even the most well-meaning libs.

$3,000,000,000,000 (THAT WE KNOW OF) was magicked into existence and gobbled up by banks earlier this year.
Even if every cent was paid back, how helpful would an interest-free loan of $100,000,000 for a weekend be for you or your family?

Edit: if a person has a national profile as a fascist, they are not reachable. Their fans are not reachable.
But I am not talking about them, despite yours and others' insistence that I am.

But any Trump voter who has the same information-aversion as literally every single liberal I know in real life, is infinitely more reachable than ALL the libs I know in real life.

Tubgoat has issued a correction as of 22:28 on Nov 16, 2020

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Tubgoat posted:

the only semi plausible explanation for this that I've heard was the $1200 stimulus being better than literally nothing, although the "you ain't black" blunder certainly hurt biden too.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Tubgoat posted:

SO CORRECT THEM! Explain that decorum poisoning is real and that money is fake and made up! loving actual chuds are more likely to realise this than even the most well-meaning libs.

i do, and have, and my experience in talking to both groups is that libs are way more reachable. my dad is like the arch-lib. he hated bernie sanders with a fiery passion. and while he still hates him he thinks AOC should be in charge of the party and we should pack the supreme court.

the problem you always eventually run into when trying to convince chuds is that, while they are initially receptive to the idea of government actually doing something to help them, as soon as they realize that those programs would also help "the undeserving" you can see the door slamming in their head.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Tubgoat posted:

$3,000,000,000,000 (THAT WE KNOW OF) was magicked into existence and gobbled up by banks earlier this year.
Even if every cent was paid back, how helpful would an interest-free loan of $100,000,000 for a weekend be for you or your family?

actually it was more like $8.5 trillion, pretty sure
e: the 3 trillion figure was a single "liquidity injection" back in July but they did this something like 5 times.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Tubgoat posted:

turn on your monitor

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

are diamond and silk, jesse lee peterson, and david clarke irredeemable chuds?
*thinking incredibly hard for three whole seconds*
yes, next question

I think they're amoral hedonists who found they could make a healthy living fleecing the dumbest marks on Earth at the mere cost of selling out their own people, not that there's any practical difference between the two categories. Diamond and Silk were pro-Obama before they took on the Diamond and Silk brand, right? I might be getting them confused with that conservative teenager who went pro-Obama for four years before pivoting back.

I worked with a guy in grad school who told me it was more or less an open secret among people in his field that any black person with a graduate degree could get on the right-wing grift circuit and make a living at it because the millionaires behind it are always hungry for someone who isn't white.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i had to do it to em

sorry Tubs!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
^ ^ ^ Nothing but love, comrade.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i do, and have, and my experience in talking to both groups is that libs are way more reachable.

I want to trade libs, yours sound much more capable of cognition. Mine literally experience intense physical agony whenever they try to think about events that occurred in the past being related to events occurring now and so they just never try and become VERY angry when I try to get them to think critically about anything.

Flesh Forge posted:

the only semi plausible explanation for this that I've heard was the $1200 stimulus being better than literally nothing, although the "you ain't black" blunder certainly hurt biden too.

Flint still doesn't have clean water. Obama pretended to drink some of it. When it negatively affected industry, industry got their water cleaned up overnight. The democrat party has told minorities time and time and time and time and time again, " If you don't like it, vote republican!" And ya know what, a whole lot of them did.

Flesh Forge posted:

actually it was more like $8.5 trillion, pretty sure
e: the 3 trillion figure was a single "liquidity injection" back in July but they did this something like 5 times.

:tviv: JESUS loving CHRIST!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

NB I'm not saying Obama/Biden were good, but I think the $1200 checks with Trump's signature on them had a lot more impact than people give them credit for.

Tubgoat posted:

:tviv: JESUS loving CHRIST!!!

ikr