Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

hard counter posted:

i remember when me2 was new and players were mad that so many minor characters were apparently recurring or had somehow received a call-back, suggesting that it's stuff like that which makes the galaxy feel small

and now we're pining over emily wong and how she should've been the normandy's war correspondent

Illium was bad for returning characters depending on Mass effect 1 choices. In a small area you run into Liara, Conrad Verner, Gianna Parasini, an asari servant of the rachni and Shiala. And then on Thane's mission Nassana Dantius is his target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Arcsquad12 posted:

"Gamer culture."

I'd say licking a PSP is tasteless but it is plastic, so...

covid

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I guess I'm a nerd, because the idea that organic life is actively bringing about the end of the universe, but something that a civilization would only care about if it were truly immortal is neat! Rather than the Reaper's forced suicide which seems almost religious, there is an argument to be made the culling is :turianass: good :turianass: if it prolongs the life on the universe.

but this is already in the game. the development of AI forms an existential risk to all life in the galaxy, a problem the Reapers can care about because they are truly immortal. the culling of organic races every 50000 years - around the time it takes for them to develop AI technologies - prolongs the existence of life in the galaxy. it's all text

Casey Hudson's "paradigm shifts" is OG science fiction. TNG's warp speed episode is reheated 80s trendy environmentalism

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The dumb AI angle comes out of nowhere and doesn’t fit with any of the plots relating to non-organic beings up to that point at all. I don’t think they were capable of telling any story well by that point, and would have been better off leaving it unanswered, but the AI thing was especially dumb, bad, and led to Joker’s living hat.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Legion is here to snipe away ur bad opinion

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
they did a good job animating his head frills to convey information

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
That's the woman on whom Diana Allers is based? Why isn't she all puffy and greasy looking like in the game?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
the eternal question

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

That's the woman on whom Diana Allers is based? Why isn't she all puffy and greasy looking like in the game?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
concept art suggests an andromeda sequel

from this

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
The repaired/under construction mass relay says “andromeda” to you? I thought by the time the reapers arrived none of the citadel species could replicate a mass relay.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yeah that looks like a broken Mass Relay to me. Returning to the Milky Way would be the first good idea Bioware's had for Mass Effect in 10 years.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Though the implication of species painting numbers on mass relays they merely found is kind of funny to me

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
They built the Nexus, the new Citadel, I'm sure they can build a new relay.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I’ll believe it when they install one by a water feature

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Cultures slapping gaudy crap on top of some ancient ruins and claiming it for themselves is the cornerstone of all civilization.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

exquisite tea posted:

Cultures slapping gaudy crap on top of some ancient ruins and claiming it for themselves is the cornerstone of all civilization.

Hell, cultures just straight-up saying 'look what I did' while pointing at somebody else's stuff is the cornerstone of all civilization.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

That doesn’t look 100% like a Mass Relay. I’d say it’s possible they’re trying to build a new Relay Network in Andromeda.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

El_Elegante posted:

The repaired/under construction mass relay says “andromeda” to you? I thought by the time the reapers arrived none of the citadel species could replicate a mass relay.

what looks like remnant tech, and some of the profiles look angaran to me. building new relays is something they could easily handwave with whatever bullshit reason. maybe it could even connect the two galaxies.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It'd be easy to make new relays if the stupid spider queen stayed to finish the crucible

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
bioware choosing an Andromeda sequel over returning to the milky way would be the dumbest choice, so i'm pretty sure we are gonna get mea2

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
lmeao

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
fool mea once, shame on you... fool mea twice.... you don't get fooled again!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

maybe this game will acknowledge the faults of the previous one and improve upon them

a mea culpa if you will

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
Surprise, they're trying to go for both classic AND Andromeda!

"Three Hundred Years ago, the Pathfinder made the Helios Cluster safe for the Council races, and forged an alliance with the Angaran. In those three hundred years, technology and civilization have flourished.

But one question remains unanswered: what happened in the Milky Way?

The time has come for a new Pathfinder to lead an expedition back home. Back to where it all began. To find answers."

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

TheCenturion posted:

"Three Hundred Years ago, the Pathfinder made the Helios Cluster safe for the Council races, and forged an alliance with the Angaran. In those three hundred years, technology and civilization have flourished.

The time has come for a new Pathfinder to lead an expedition back home. Back to where it all began. To find answers."

That an actual quote? Where from?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Rinkles posted:

:glomp:

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
It’s all speculation, baby. Lots of it

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Rinkles posted:

Rampant speculation, love.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TheCenturion posted:

seeing as they're going back to somewhere thats already been Pathfinded the player probably needs a new title. The Hindsighter? The Waybackwhener? The Retracingourfootstepper?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The Savescummer.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

yah im dumb

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

The Savescummer.

what are they saving their cumm for?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
The hamfinder, civilization has lost the secret of cured meats. You meet space Italians on the way.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

This IS the game series that lets you gently caress aliens.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

the roadpaver

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

This IS the game series that lets you gently caress aliens.

sounds like the The Savescummer and the hamfinder should team up

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ainsley McTree posted:

the roadpaver

Do you know why in movies the hero is never a builder? Because they never loving show up on time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
Mass Effect Andromeda 2: The Voyage Home. Using a stolen Kett spaceship, Ryder and crew must travel back in time to bring Shepard into the future, so that s/he can sing to an alien probe and make it go away.

(This started out as a 'Homeward Bound' talking animal movie joke, then turned into a completely different reference.)