Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Holy poo poo I totally forgot Jeffery Combs and JG Hertzler (Martok) were in the Dwayne Johnson episode of Voyager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Tsunkatse is great, I will not hear otherwise

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I heard the guy in the Gorn costume was Verne Gagne

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’m glad the dominion blew up all the maquis. They sucked

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
DS9 season 7 was pretty hit or miss but MAN was the entire Damar plot line loving great. Wish he hadn’t bought the farm at the end though :(

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

poisonpill posted:

Fed parties were all pretending not to yawn to classical jazz ensembles over sparkling apple juice capped with a lecture about the plants on some planet you’ve never heard of

Marquis parties were shotgunning synth booze and weed with a bunch of college libertarians tediously mis-explaining Ludwig bin Mises at you.

The better party is Marquis because you have a slightly better chance of getting laid

Dude the Maquis attack civilian ships because they moved to a war zone and then got told to move a few years later when turns out the war is over.

One of their parties would be the most drama bombed whine fests in the universe.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

They’d be like parting with art school students in Brooklyn except violent terrorists. Like the opening of Russian Doll party

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Tom Paris joined the Maquis because he got kicked out of college, Torres because she was bipolar, that one dude was just a serial killer, Eddington was a meglomaniac who wanted to grow his own tomatoes...

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Tom Paris joined the Maquis because he got kicked out of college, Torres because she was bipolar, that one dude was just a serial killer, Eddington was a meglomaniac who wanted to grow his own tomatoes...

Sounds like a typical Starfleet crew.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

I heard the guy in the Gorn costume was Verne Gagne

I thought this was a serious post and now I'm sad.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Paris never joined the Maquis iirc, he was just a freelance pilot after getting discharged.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Them why did Janeway break him out of federation prison? It's almost like the entire premise of Voyager was a lie

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Surely there are crimes in the Federation other than "is Maquis".

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Outpost22 posted:

Them why did Janeway break him out of federation prison? It's almost like the entire premise of Voyager was a lie

He was working with the Maquis when he was caught but he was just an amoral pilot for hire, not part of the cause.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

HE STILL BETRAYED HIS UNIFORM

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

HE STILL BETRAYED HIS UNIFORM

HE DIDNT HAVE A UNIFORM HE WAS DISCHARGED!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

RIP TOMMY RIKER

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Chomp8645 posted:

Surely there are crimes in the Federation other than "is Maquis".

he was the dumb pilot who tried to coverup getting his classmates killed in the Nova Squadron episode of TNG, but they adjusted the character's name and backstory so that they wouldn't have to give the writer royalties

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The writers permanently undercut the Marquis when they established that the colonists had been warned this poo poo might happen before they moved to the new colonies but they went anyway.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

maquis is just the generic word they programmed into the universal translator for some really racist poo poo

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
the obsidian order saves everything that cums into its possession

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

Nobody will listen to you unless you swear every other word.

yeah well double dumbass on you

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*takes deep breath*
FEDERATION CITIZENS CAN'T OWN LAND IN CARDASSIA!!!!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

hakimashou posted:

the obsidian order saves everything that cums into its possession

I;m thinking about those (optolythic data) rods.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chomp8645 posted:

I;m thinking about those (optolythic data) rods.

Bringing a whole new meaning to "audio storage".

Give it a moment.

mango sentinel posted:

He was working with the Maquis when he was caught but he was just an amoral pilot for hire, not part of the cause.

That's just a cover to hide Starfleet's shame over what Red Squad did with that illegal maneuver :tinfoil:.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Tom Riker joined the Maquis to make out with Bajoran women

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Ro joined because she missed her dad's space burritos

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Knowing Bajorans, it's probably just a can of baked beans poured onto a slice of Wonder Bread and topped off with a squirt of canned cheese. . . loving savages.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

It fuckin tickled me pink when I realize that Hasperatt is just a costco platter of turkey wraps.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

CainFortea posted:

It fuckin tickled me pink when I realize that Hasperatt is just a costco platter of turkey wraps.
Bajor is often called the “Costco of the Alpha Quadrant”

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

according to memory alpha hasperat involves a brine. so it's like, a super spicy pickled burrito? dunno.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

according to memory alpha hasperat involves a brine. so it's like, a super spicy pickled burrito? dunno.

It's truck-stop tier hotdogs soaked in vinegar. "Ro's Dog House" was two weeks from breaking ground before the Dominion wiped them out.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

CainFortea posted:

100% they forgot to make a food prop and grabbed whatever craft services had laying out

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

reimagining shakaar as is but instead of wanting to farm he wants to be a trucker

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

reimagining shakaar as is but instead of wanting to farm he wants to be a trucker

Sucked when the provisional government demanded those Peterbilts back and he and Kira tried to drive them to Dahkur Province.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

God the beard really did Frakes a world of good

not the particular one on the right, just in general

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Avery Brooks went through a more complete transformation but pre-beard Frakes still doesn't look like the same person.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

My Lovely Horse posted:

God the beard really did Frakes a world of good

not the particular one on the right, just in general

it's a cheap +1 masculinity hack.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

thrilla in vanilla posted:

DS9 season 7 was pretty hit or miss but MAN was the entire Damar plot line loving great. Wish he hadn’t bought the farm at the end though :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfTaMzV4oFo

I dunno i think Damar is pretty happy with his farm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I watched The Most Toys for the first time recently and holy hell did the guy who played the collector really swing for the fences. It's like no one told him everyone on TNG needs to be kind of bland.