Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jedit posted:

Iran is more supportive of trans rights, but other than that it's a reasonable comparison. Our government just worships money instead of Allah and murders people for being poor instead of doing crimes.
We do share being the only two countries in the world that appoint hierophants of the state religion to the upper house without question.

I'd have thought the Tories would have been keen to celebrate that similarity. :thunk:

e: Angel Number 429 is a message that the angels are fully supporting and guiding you along the steps of your life path and soul journey. You have been determined and diligent in your daily actions and lightworking duties, and have listened to the guidance from the angels. Then again so were Peter Sutcliffe and Tony Blair so maybe don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The NIP are talking a good game, and if they want to frame that in terms of Northern independence then that's fine by me.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Jedit posted:

Iran is more supportive of trans rights, but other than that it's a reasonable comparison. Our government just worships money instead of Allah and murders people for being poor instead of doing crimes.

we mainly pretend other regimes are worse coz killing thousands abroad is acceptable but killing people at home is barbaric. iran is very obviously less aggressive and violent than britain is towards other countries.
and naturally we can't count deaths from austerity or incompetence as killing people at home

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/FreeNorthNow/status/1328646031249207305?s=19

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Northern Tories rn:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Are these real people?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

keep punching joe posted:

Are these real people?

Read the tweet. They're Tories.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
That lady looks like she is about to tell us with a croaky voice about the importance of being born again and accepting the lord intill our hearts

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
She's either wearing a cloak, a jacket the exact same colour and material as her chair, or has a comically tiny head. I dont want to know the correct answer

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1328568806046896132

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I thought it was a David Byrne style giant suit but its just her chair :(

Why to these cunts have butchers aprons hanging up in their houses?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I love the fairy lights with the flag, to make it fancy. I'll bet she got the £50 top tip off take a break for that, the bastard :mad:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Why to these cunts have butchers aprons hanging up in their houses?

We're back to Jedit's Second Law of Socioanthropology again: the likelihood that any given individual is racist is in direct correlation to the total surface area of flags that they own.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Depends on the flag surely?

Large Ghana or Jamaica flag is unlikely racist. Large Soviet flag probably has some weird views about how race is a distraction from the class revolution but probably won't say the bad words. Large England flag def sus.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/jessicaelgot/status/1328655439307923457
Does the left still control the disciplinary panel, or is that just something I've heard?

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

The local fleg here is decidedly problematic.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

knox_harrington posted:

The local fleg here is decidedly problematic.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

the sex ghost posted:

She's either wearing a cloak, a jacket the exact same colour and material as her chair, or has a comically tiny head. I dont want to know the correct answer
The Tories have been learning how to project an aura of seriousness, power, and strength, albeit from anime.

Coohoolin posted:

Lmao thanks for not disappointing with the "independence is bad when it's Scottish but good when it's English" take i fully expected from someone
alas, you've been got by NJAN99's picture-perfect trolling, just another tally mark on their keyboard

ed: ^^^ incredible

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Nov 17, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

crispix posted:

That lady looks like she is about to tell us with a croaky voice about the importance of being born again and accepting the lord intill our hearts

She's about to tell us this is not her beautiful house, this is not her beautiful wife.

I thought it was a David Byrne style giant suit but its just her chair :(

Please don't lie, it's a David Byrne style giant suit & nothing will change my mind.

French chef kiss.

Coohoolin posted:

Hi everyone, haven't posted in a while. What's the thread's thoughts on the Northern Independence Party? I'm very curious.

Anything to destroy the United Kingdom.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

forkboy84 posted:

Anything to destroy the United Kingdom.

A motif to live by

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

She's about to tell us this is not her beautiful house, this is not her beautiful wife.

I don't know about that, but she may find herself living in a Kensington condo. And she may bank her money in another part of the world. And she definitely finds herself behind the wheel of a large automobile.

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

How strange that nobody sees the wonder in one another

Coohoolin posted:

Hi everyone, haven't posted in a while. What's the thread's thoughts on the Northern Independence Party? I'm very curious.

So a mate of mine does a podcast and the latest episode has a interview with Northern Independence Party and Mebyon Kernow, it's a good podcast episode; https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/hiraeth-welsh/independence-from-england-6ljFQbDYaAi/

UnquietDream fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Nov 17, 2020

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Are these real people?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Jedit posted:

We're back to Jedit's Second Law of Socioanthropology again: the likelihood that any given individual is racist is in direct correlation to the total surface area of flags that they own.

*National flags
Unless your saying this makes me racist?

Rumda fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Nov 17, 2020

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/EleniCourea/status/1328668489071140867
Be interesting to see if Starmer accepts the results of the panel, or if political interference in the disciplinary process is back baby awoouu.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Rumda posted:

*National flags
Racist against glinners.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Depends on the flag surely?

Large Ghana or Jamaica flag is unlikely racist. Large Soviet flag probably has some weird views about how race is a distraction from the class revolution but probably won't say the bad words. Large England flag def sus.

I have a huge high quality England flag which was passed down from my dad. It's been around the world (went to Spain for the '82 World Cup and nowhere else), it smells of fag ash and it's so big I couldn't even hang it out for football tournaments in case it caught the wind and pulled off the front of the house.

I will be giving it to my children along with my Egypt flag which I'm fairly sure was stolen off a government building (I asked the guy in the shop if he had a flag, he ran out and came back 5 minutes later out of breath with a hand stitched woolen flag rather than the normal ones made out of thin creased linen)

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

I own a large red & black flag, guess what kinds of events I dig that one out for :colbert:

gently caress's sake we accidentally proved the horseshoe theory, albeit solely in terms of surface area of flags owned

(& as ever, by not picking a flag, the centrists effectively side with the bad-flaggers)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Borrovan posted:

I own a large red & black flag, guess what kinds of events I dig that one out for :colbert:
Albanian ultranationalist rallies? :v:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

stev posted:

I haven't read or seen it but Mortal Engines sounds like the ideal scenario.

while the idea of giant city-vehicles driving around the blasted wasteland of England is a fun one from a distance, the one book I've read was mainly about the horrific Victorian-esque class division with the poor living down below in the guts of the thing and being made to work on the engines and risk getting maimed or killed while the rich swan about in the hanging gardens of london on top, so, maybe less ideal and more slightly worse than what we already have.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Borrovan posted:

Isn't a gigantic anarchist flag appropriate for every kind of event by definition?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Borrovan posted:

gently caress's sake we accidentally proved the horseshoe theory, albeit solely in terms of surface area of flags owned

anime avatars and flag ownership, the two solid proofs

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

anime flags...

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

TIL that outside London, the UK has a separate licensing regime for taxi / minicab drivers in every one of 290+ councils, which is insane, but it doesn’t matter because all the drivers and taxi companies are registered in Wolverhampton or Lewes anyway and there’s nothing any other council can do about it.

And this will never change because it’s not London so will never get any parliamentary time.

Oh and except for Southampton?? Which has its own special licensing regime that’s different from the rest of the country for Reasons.

All this for a country with a population slightly less than that of Hunan province.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Rumda posted:

*National flags

Valid correction. It's an assessment based on the link between flags and nationality, of course.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Coohoolin posted:

Lmao thanks for not disappointing with the "independence is bad when it's Scottish but good when it's English" take i fully expected from someone

Anyway yeah it seemed to have started as a joke but they're currently fundraising to set up as a party and plan to stand local candidates for the next council elections. If their attention continues to grow I suspect they might go for constituencies as well.

Excellent work by Njan

The NIP was absolutely not started as a joke, we just did some jokey stuff with our first twitter material.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Continuity RCP posted:

Excellent work by Njan

The NIP was absolutely not started as a joke, we just did some jokey stuff with our first twitter material.

Oh you're involved? Cool! Good to see it taking off, were youse expecting it to happen this quickly?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Comical worst timeline: NIP succeeds, the north of england secedes, scotland remains in the union, country is separated by a strip of another country halfway up

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Coohoolin posted:

Oh you're involved? Cool! Good to see it taking off, were youse expecting it to happen this quickly?

It's been absolutely crazy, we've had more volunteers than we can handle and the press interest has been great. A lot of us aren't hardcore veteran campaigners so we weren't sure what to expect and I think we've been pleasantly surprised. Lots of positive contacts with other groups too, we're friendly with Welsh groups and had some informal advice from Scottish indy people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Continuity RCP posted:

It's been absolutely crazy, we've had more volunteers than we can handle and the press interest has been great. A lot of us aren't hardcore veteran campaigners so we weren't sure what to expect and I think we've been pleasantly surprised. Lots of positive contacts with other groups too, we're friendly with Welsh groups and had some informal advice from Scottish indy people.

Not surprised to hear that, have you had any contact with http://www.englishscotsforyes.org/ out of interest?