Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

miniscule12 posted:

politics is about deciding who is human and who isn't.

That is almost too accurate.

Edit: poo poo, snipe. here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Tubgoat posted:

They're humans who rate above-average in credulity, just like their Trumpy counterparts.

If you lived surrounded by liberals, you'd want them dead too. But because I must give them the benefit of the doubt, I am obligated to check my targets first.

my whole family is liberals and i love them and would never hurt them, even though im not a liberal. because i understand that politics dont matter at all to most people.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jewel Repetition posted:

This is C-SPAM. It's his right

:rolleyes:

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

miniscule12 posted:

politics is about deciding who is human and who isn't.

right: everyone is human except those with genes that oppose mine
left: everyone is human except those with memes that oppose mine
liberal: everyone is human*

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Respect my culture

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jewel Repetition posted:

Respect my culture

Respect has to be earned.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

scary ghost dog posted:

my whole family is liberals and i love them and would never hurt them, even though im not a liberal. because i understand that politics dont matter at all to most people.

Most people don't think about politics at all, and don't have a coherent ideology. You can pull on those contradictions and make a lot of people agree with the baseline social democracy position, then they'll just think it isn't possible because of the hard encoded assumptions they have been taught about how the world works.

Then you light a wendy's on fire, it's simple poo poo folks

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Tubgoat posted:

Lmao I've lost friends over advocating for full-contact Minecraft against all cops, as a group, but if I'm to give assholes like my parents and their friends the loving benefit of the doubt, I am obligated to do the same for everyone like themselves (that is, people expressing bad opinions borne of ignorance). And the last person I talked to with a Trump hat on was more receptive than all the liberals I know combined.

Like, if I'm stupid, it's for not killing myself and everyone around me.

Which is it? Are right-wingers subhuman filth not responsible for their actions whose greatest mercy is death?
Or are they human beings who choose badly because of circumstance?

writing about violence like this makes you look like a fuckin loser dude, real life isn't call of duty and even if the cops need to be stopped the answer isn't for a whole bunch of martyrs to go rack up sick kdrs or whatever the gently caress kind of hosed up video game set piece you have kicking around in your head

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Jewel Repetition posted:

Respect my culture

I'm a cultural imperialist and I love meltdowns.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

A lot of these chud whisperers are one life crisis or one online meltdown away from becoming full blown chuds themselves.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

lynch_69 posted:

A lot of these chud whisperers are one life crisis or one online meltdown away from becoming full blown chuds themselves.

you can have political disagreements with your friends

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Chillgamesh posted:

writing about violence like this makes you look like a fuckin loser dude, real life isn't call of duty and even if the cops need to be stopped the answer isn't for a whole bunch of martyrs to go rack up sick kdrs or whatever the gently caress kind of hosed up video game set piece you have kicking around in your head

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Its Coke posted:

you can have political disagreements with your friends

i mean you shouldn’t be friends with Chuds, they are probably unsalvable, and already kind of pricks

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

my man looks like a caveman that shops at whole foods

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
friends, the world is very alienating and per the logic of capitalism leading toward imperialism, is spiraling toward ww3

lets be kind to our alienated friends on cspam

you will never find any succor amongst libs or their fascist lumpen brethren

they are history's dead weight, dinosaurs who missed a comet 100 years ago

trust only your fists and the radicalized working class in whatever form they exist

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

i mean you shouldn’t be friends with Chuds, they are probably unsalvable, and already kind of pricks

For some of them, being an rear end in a top hat seems to come first and they work from there to find politics that enable them.

White boomers kind of seem like this too—my parents and all their friends are classic ‘46 boomers and their ways of relating to others and of making jokes seems like it’s just insulting people, like all those jokes men make about how their marriages are miserable and they want to escape their wives and children.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

For some of them, being an rear end in a top hat seems to come first and they work from there to find politics that enable them.

White boomers kind of seem like this too—my parents and all their friends are classic ‘46 boomers and their ways of relating to others and of making jokes seems like it’s just insulting people, like all those jokes men make about how their marriages are miserable and they want to escape their wives and children.

you've probably heard people talk about boomer lead poisoning as a meme but it is a real thing and might explain some of the ways they're different from the generations before and after them

salisbury shake
Dec 27, 2011

Top City Homo posted:

trust only your fists and the radicalized working class in whatever forum they exist

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Its Coke posted:

you've probably heard people talk about boomer lead poisoning as a meme but it is a real thing and might explain some of the ways they're different from the generations before and after them

maybe, but i think a more likely explanation is that they simply crested a wave of prosperity. a huge chunk of them (though by no means all) experienced life on ultra-easy mode, with opportunities both educational, social and financial that nobody before or after them could dream of. even the boomers in relatively disadvantageous positions were usually more well-off than their equivalents before or after them.

they just got handed every opportunity and so they think life is easy, and when they see later generations struggling they blame them for their own suffering. it's easy! i did it!

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

maybe, but i think a more likely explanation is that they simply crested a wave of prosperity. a huge chunk of them (though by no means all) experienced life on ultra-easy mode, with opportunities both educational, social and financial that nobody before or after them could dream of. even the boomers in relatively disadvantageous positions were usually more well-off than their equivalents before or after them.

they just got handed every opportunity and so they think life is easy, and when they see later generations struggling they blame them for their own suffering. it's easy! i did it!

we know

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Netflix presents Zippy the Pinhead

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Was it Cernovich who was first to report that reince preibus was getting fired? That was pretty funny

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

Top City Homo posted:

friends, the world is very alienating and per the logic of capitalism leading toward imperialism, is spiraling toward ww3

lets be kind to our alienated friends on cspam

you will never find any succor amongst libs or their fascist lumpen brethren

they are history's dead weight, dinosaurs who missed a comet 100 years ago

trust only your fists and the radicalized working class in whatever form they exist

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Respect has to be earned.

gently caress off, snitch.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

:hai:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Its Coke posted:

it really is hard to overstate just how many different hideous toxins were flowing into boomers 24/7/365 beyond just lead from gasolene. i mean, aerosolized lead being continually pumped into the atmosphere seems like as good a cause as any, but just take a look at what else captains of industry were dumping untreated into the groundwater and spewing into the skies

hell, it's probably just as likely that lead poisoning is merely a contributing factor, or even a red herring, and instead it was some horrific insecticide that was used on every crop and discontinued around the same time as leaded gasolene not because we figured out that it caused goonbrain in 30% of infants but because monsanto came up with a new formula that by pure coincidence didn't cause developmental problems

the sheer number of superfund sites that are still loving active is crazy and it's so, so, so much better now than it was

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Looks like he overdid his microdose and got lost in the desert on his way to Burning Man.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

small world, my grandma has a couch with the same print as his shirt

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

lynch_69 posted:

say what you want, i've led many chuds and imminent chuds to the true path of black flag anarchism

icecream citadel
Nov 4, 2020

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Netflix presents Zippy the Pinhead

*scowls* Are we having fun yet?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Jewel Repetition posted:

Please stop saying checks notes

narrator voice] they did not stop saying *checks notes*

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
it is TYOOL 2020 y'all its time to move on

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

https://twitter.com/sylvcal/status/1328400227569692682?s=21

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

say what you want, i've led many chuds and imminent chuds to the true path of black flag anarchism

They are going to turn into ancaps the second you take your eyes off them

You can't change people, they have to be ready to change themselves. All you can do is expose them to alternate ways of thinking

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ThatBlameGuy/status/1327957585949908993?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

joey salads is definitely one of the dumber "leaders"W in the alt-right

https://twitter.com/apesexIegend/status/1328409342387826690?s=20

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Managing a social media account featuring a kid you assign political opinions to should be listed in the DSM-5 regardless of who it is for

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I feel bad for the kid. I wonder if they grow up to be some chud or manage to distance themselves from all of it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

CuddleCryptid posted:

Managing a social media account featuring a kid you assign political opinions to should be listed in the DSM-5 regardless of who it is for

should come right after pissing in your own mouth to own the libs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Panfilo posted:

I feel bad for the kid. I wonder if they grow up to be some chud or manage to distance themselves from all of it.

Last I heard about the Prussian Blue girls as soon as they turned 18 they cut off their parents and started smoking weed, so there’s hope