Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Flesh Forge posted:

NB I'm not saying Obama/Biden were good, but I think the $1200 checks with Trump's signature on them had a lot more impact than people give them credit for.
I think so too, and so what do you expect to happen amongst a population who was precarious BEFORE coronavirus ripped the mask off the machine, when the figurehead of the only other party yiu're allowed to vote for says "Eat poo poo, you're not only not getting any more money, but you're gonna pay us for not buying do-nothing insurance now!"?

If when you think of a completely random Trump voter you think of the predator class grifters, you're deliberately and comprehensively avoiding my point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I'm agreeing with you, if that wasn't clear

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
It was, I was just clarifying and summarising. My point is that while "conservatism" tries to make anyone not part of the in-group into an undifferentiated slavering horde, liberalism does the same thing to "anyone who is remotely dissatisfied with all this bullshit" to a much much larger group and I didn't become a leftist to fall for that bullshit.

v v v Thank you, this was my entire point. Also Biden voter and Biden supporter. Many weak-willed individuals were bullied, cajoled and coerced by friends, family and media into voting for Biden, and if I'm to not hold that against them and also be internally consistent, I must offer the same benefit of the doubt to those who made an informed vote for Trump, based on seeing the DNC shred the remnants of its human-skin mask this year.

Lmao, it's not so obvious to most of the posters on the previous page!

Tubgoat has issued a correction as of 22:49 on Nov 16, 2020

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I do think there's a gigantic divide between "voted for trump" and "trump supporter" though
e: I guess this is such an obvious thing it's pointless to even remark on it

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Tubgoat posted:

You just described almost everyone I know who voted for Biden, comrade.

On our current trajectory, we are gonna be fighting *checks notes* 80% of the population of the United States.

Please stop saying checks notes

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
I'm a Trump supporter because he made CBD flowers legal, sent me a thousand dollars, and disrespected the memory of John McCain. doesn't get much better as far as US presidents go

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Jewel Repetition posted:

the appropriate response here is *checks notes* gently caress you, fuckball

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
^ ^ ^ I'm happy with mine. :3:

Jewel Repetition posted:

*glances toward producer, touches earpiece* No.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Tubgoat posted:

It was, I was just clarifying and summarising. My point is that while "conservatism" tries to make anyone not part of the in-group into an undifferentiated slavering horde, liberalism does the same thing to "anyone who is remotely dissatisfied with all this bullshit" to a much much larger group and I didn't become a leftist to fall for that bullshit.

v v v Thank you, this was my entire point. Also Biden voter and Biden supporter. Many weak-willed individuals were bullied, cajoled and coerced by friends, family and media into voting for Biden, and if I'm to not hold that against them and also be internally consistent, I must offer the same benefit of the doubt to those who made an informed vote for Trump, based on seeing the DNC shred the remnants of its human-skin mask this year.

Lmao, it's not so obvious to most of the posters on the previous page!

Well you opened up with "every liberal is basically the same as Trump brownshirts" so yeah if you use your words and say "reaching out to people who are socially pressured into voting trump may be possible" instead then people won't misinterpret you.

And it's also not generally worth the effort. The only way to change the habits of people socially pressured to do things is to either publically flip the entire group or remove them from the space. It isn't that it is *impossible*, it is just *extraordinarily inefficient* compared to just franchising more left wing votes and reps.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

CuddleCryptid posted:

Well you opened up with "every liberal is basically the same as Trump brownshirts" so yeah if you use your words and say "reaching out to people who are socially pressured into voting trump may be possible" instead then people won't misinterpret you.

And it's also not generally worth the effort. The only way to change the habits of people socially pressured to do things is to either publically flip the entire group or remove them from the space. It isn't that it is *impossible*, it is just *extraordinarily inefficient* compared to just franchising more left wing votes and reps.

You are deliberately interpretting "random rear end in a top hat who voted for Trump" as "every Trump supporter, especially the violent racist ones." The problem is on your end, comrade. And also mine, for being surrounded by chuds known as "brunch libs."

Unless you can quote my exact words back to me?

You seem to think I'm advocating recruiting from Trump rallies. Is that really how everyone else read it? :stare:
To the literacy gulags with you lot!

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
coalitions have to by definition include people you don't agree with on every issue

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Tubgoat posted:

^ ^ ^ Lololololol wut.

Is anyone up for making an alt-alt-"right" thread for CSPAM? One wherein we compile talking points to bridge the gap between leftism and just hating the absolute poo poo out of liberals, free of racism and sexism?

While it's true that MANY Trump supporters are completely irredeemable in every way, the same is absolutely 100% true of ALL Biden supporters, maybe even a higher percentage (voter and supporter are two very distinct levels of enthusiasm/anti-social personality disorder).

I'd rather share a foxhole with a reluctant Trump voter than an enthusiastic Biden voter, especially now *checks watch* two weeks after the election.

Please don't interpret this as me saying I don't want an antifa supersolider with a collection of nazi scalps pistolwhipping a cop to death with his own service weapon, that couldn't be further from the truth.

But I want to be as sure as I am able that each and every one of those scalps belonged to someone who really, genuinely wished harm upon people, and not some random rear end in a top hat who's pissed because he just watched a segregationist and his black slaver lieutenant promise ever-more hardship and suffering for people who have a sub $1,000,000 networth.

You’re not a leftist.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Regarde Aduck posted:

You’re not a leftist.

sounds like a leftist to me

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Its Coke posted:

sounds like a leftist to me

i dunno. proposing an idiotic strategy that is doomed to fail and accomplish nothing except validating his own deeply held and unexamined priors? he’s the archetypical American leftist

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
^ ^ ^ Lmao, I examine my beliefs on a literally-constant basis.

Regarde Aduck posted:

You’re not a leftist.

Gtfo pig, go fail to overthrow a South American democracy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tubgoat posted:

^ ^ ^ Lololololol wut.

Is anyone up for making an alt-alt-"right" thread for CSPAM? One wherein we compile talking points to bridge the gap between leftism and just hating the absolute poo poo out of liberals, free of racism and sexism?

While it's true that MANY Trump supporters are completely irredeemable in every way, the same is absolutely 100% true of ALL Biden supporters, maybe even a higher percentage (voter and supporter are two very distinct levels of enthusiasm/anti-social personality disorder).

I'd rather share a foxhole with a reluctant Trump voter than an enthusiastic Biden voter, especially now *checks watch* two weeks after the election.

Please don't interpret this as me saying I don't want an antifa supersolider with a collection of nazi scalps pistolwhipping a cop to death with his own service weapon, that couldn't be further from the truth.

But I want to be as sure as I am able that each and every one of those scalps belonged to someone who really, genuinely wished harm upon people, and not some random rear end in a top hat who's pissed because he just watched a segregationist and his black slaver lieutenant promise ever-more hardship and suffering for people who have a sub $1,000,000 networth.

goddamn this is something beyond galaxy brain

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
What's between galaxy and universe? :thunk:

The ones committing violence are gonna commit violence, those souls are lost and should be dispatched.

But if we can prevent just one more from joining their ranks, that's one less gun trained on a comrade.

v v v Clusterbrain, I like it.

Tubgoat has issued a correction as of 23:42 on Nov 16, 2020

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Tubgoat posted:

What's between galaxy and universe? :thunk:

supercluster

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Its Coke posted:

supercluster

more of a stupidcluster really

because holy poo poo Tubgoat is just the absolute stupidest, like Joseph Stalin in early June 1941 would call him a loving idiot

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

more of a stupidcluster really

Democraps and Rethuglicans

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Lmao I've lost friends over advocating for full-contact Minecraft against all cops, as a group, but if I'm to give assholes like my parents and their friends the loving benefit of the doubt, I am obligated to do the same for everyone like themselves (that is, people expressing bad opinions borne of ignorance). And the last person I talked to with a Trump hat on was more receptive than all the liberals I know combined.

Like, if I'm stupid, it's for not killing myself and everyone around me.

Which is it? Are right-wingers subhuman filth not responsible for their actions whose greatest mercy is death?
Or are they human beings who choose badly because of circumstance?

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
I honestly don't know if reluctant Trump supporters would be more accessible as political allies or converts than hardcore Biden supporters, but what I know for sure is they're a lot more pleasant to be around. just in my own experience

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Tubgoat posted:

Lmao I've lost friends over advocating for full-contact Minecraft against all cops, as a group, but if I'm to give assholes like my parents and their friends the loving benefit of the doubt, I am obligated to do the same for everyone like themselves (that is, people expressing bad opinions borne of ignorance). And the last person I talked to with a Trump hat on was more receptive than all the liberals I know combined.

Which is it? Are right-wingers subhuman filth not responsible for their actions whose greatest mercy is death?

right wingers are human beings and so are liberals

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Its Coke posted:

I honestly don't know if reluctant Trump supporters would be more accessible as political allies or converts than hardcore Biden supporters, but what I know for sure is they're a lot more pleasant to be around. just in my own experience

reluctant voters are way cooler to be around than hardcore supporters universally because they’re not huge assholes driven mad by their parasocial relationship with their candidate of choice

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
although it also depends on why they're reluctant. if they're reluctant because they're neocons then they're even worse than Biden supporters

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
^ ^ ^ No disagreement from me, that's why I want to have conversations with them first, in order to find out.

scary ghost dog posted:

A whole lotta posters seem to disagree.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
as someone who's wiser than everybody here I would recommend you wait to dehumanize people until you're at open war with them. not even like antifa proudboys skirmishes but actually firing guns back and forth

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Tubgoat posted:

A whole lotta posters seem to disagree.

theyre wrong. everyone has potential for good and for evil, and nobody is more or less than the result of their circumstances and lived experiences

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Its Coke posted:

as someone who's wiser than everybody here I would recommend you wait to dehumanize people until you're at open war with them. not even like antifa proudboys skirmishes but actually firing guns back and forth
The ones in the streets firing weapons at comrades are definitely at war and have made a conscious choice to reject their humanity.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
if you're constantly coming up with rhetorical justifications for why someone's not a person and imagining their blood running down your wrists BUT you're not even killing them IRL, that's basically edging without ever cumming

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

scary ghost dog posted:

politics is about deciding who is human and who isn't.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I feel like your whole thing is Biden supporters are unsalvageable so why are you pretending your trying to humanize anyone

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

If Peter Daou can become a comrade, anyone can

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tubgoat posted:

You sound psychotic.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

tsop writing extremely lame posts where you talk about entirely hypothetical street battles everyone thanks

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

CharlestheHammer posted:

I feel like your whole thing is Biden supporters are in salvageable so why are you pretending your trying to humanize anyone
They're humans who rate above-average in credulity, just like their Trumpy counterparts.

If you lived surrounded by liberals, you'd want them dead too. But because I must give them the benefit of the doubt, I am obligated to check my targets first.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

You sound psychotic.

hes obviously working his way up to some kind of angry violence

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

hes obviously working his way up to some kind of angry violence

hes working his little penis up to shooting cum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

You sound psychotic.

This is C-SPAM. It's his right