Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

SystemLogoff posted:

Someone reached out to me and asked me to share this here.

I've made a book cover generator/screensaver

This is really neat. I love the idea of procedurally generated books, and this is pretty fun.

I just found out about AI Dungeon and I've been enjoying Griffin so far. I like that with it, I can play a game that I've always wanted to play and as far as I know, doesn't exist. That is, a game all about exploring and finding lost books and artifacts. I think I've mastered some of the basics of AI Dungeon though I have a couple questions for goons who have been playing with it more.

Is it worth it to pick up Dragon? $10 a month is pretty steep.

Solvency has a new favorite as of 02:57 on Nov 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
How To Counseling really made me laugh. That cover image was just really perfect for the title.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

SystemLogoff posted:

I've made a book cover generator/screensaver for a Spooky Screensaver Gamejam.

Ha, that's really fun.

Would read.

:mmmsmug:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I imagine it would be a lot like the Neil Gaiman novel, but much more polite.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Is there a way to pause the Infinite Library to make it easier to screenshot?

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 02:45 on Nov 2, 2020

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Microsoft bought gpt so that nobody could cause the apocalypse by tying it into the dwarf fortress codebase

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Phlegmish posted:

Is there a way to pause the Infinite Library to make it easier to screenshot?

There's no way to pause it, due to the nightmare of how I glued it together for the jam.

You might want to use something like Windows Snipping Shortcut which would let you freeze the screen when you take a screenshot. (Win Shift S)

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

SystemLogoff posted:

I've made a book cover generator/screensaver for a Spooky Screensaver Gamejam.

The Infinite Library

Oh hey, I had voice #2 (Michael Zekas) playing a character in Technobabylon a few years back whose dialogue was all written with Markov chains and Google translate. The character had deliberately given himself Broca's aphasia as a counter-cultural statement

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXXXSk9p5mY

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Solvency posted:

Is it worth it to pick up Dragon? $10 a month is pretty steep.

I filled up most of the last 2 mages with chat logs I made with Dragon (sorry). If those are how smart you want your AI to be, it's worth it. GPT-3 is a magnitude smarter than GPT-2. I don't know what it's like as a game but it can procedurally generate long, coherent (if cheesy) plots like bad amateur fiction so I assume it's a creative but very forgetful DM. They're working on its memory, which is slowly getting better.

AI Dungeon had TVTropes poured into its brain and thinks its a flawless representation of humanity, so always keep terrible cliches in mind when using it.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Hanging out, having fun times with friends.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Hanging out, having fun times with friends.

Had this one saved earlier, I never get tired of extremely normal half-seen friends :unsmigghh:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Captain Hygiene posted:

Had this one saved earlier, I never get tired of extremely normal half-seen friends :unsmigghh:

Last guy seems like he's having doubts about the friendship.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
There's a lot of subtle horror here, I'm quite impressed.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Y'know, I always wondered what kind of creatures this style of skeleton came from :ms:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Tombot posted:

There's a lot of subtle horror here, I'm quite impressed.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

shoggoth_with_anime_blush.jpg

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

Y'know, I always wondered what kind of creatures this style of skeleton came from :ms:
It's like :zoid: but with fingers.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

jenny agutter is doing procedural graphics for Nodevember* over in yospos. this is a sphere that's been manipulated with various maths but no textures or sculpting:

Jenny Agutter posted:

think i'm going to call it for day 1

https://mega.nz/folder/oI1QVBqJ#wAetVbnFLVOQZLM_PxPK8Q

i like the way the chocolate surface turned out, but the shape was pure luck from playing around with rgb curves

* read the op of their thread for more on what Nodevember means, but i think all the graphics are geometrically spheres that are made to look like very much not spheres

its pretty wild stuff

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
First time messing with artbreeder. I tried to mix a snake and a hosed up peacock I found and somehow it made a goose? Like, a completely normal IRL goose.

Aaaaand I think I'm gonna call it for the day. Monster created; job well done. I'll see if I can keep somehow breeding actual animals out of weirdos tomorrow.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

The true origins of the cobra chicken!

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Generated some cool cats with https://thiscatdoesnotexist.com/

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Someone take this person does not exist and this cat does not exist and feed them into each other

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Splicer posted:

Someone take this person does not exist and this cat does not exist and feed them into each other

No please don't

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Did someone breed the snakes with the cats again? 'cause that's a snake cat. A snat.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yuan-kitti

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1321847136330391554
"Everything is terrible. Here's a football match last weekend that was ruined after the AI cameraman kept mistaking the linesman's bald head for a football."
https://www.iflscience.com/technology/ai-camera-ruins-soccar-game-for-fans-after-mistaking-referees-bald-head-for-ball/

Most of you have probably already heard about the odd structures in Flight Simulator 5, but this article had some I hadn't seen before:
https://aiweirdness.com/post/627344542828544000/planet-earth-from-above

From the same blog, here're some amazing GPT-3 -generated personality quizzes:
https://aiweirdness.com/post/625169439532482560/which-ai-generated-personality-quiz-are-you

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

drat, too soon with these covid jokes

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

drat, that was a bit on the nose. GPT2 telling us the harsh truths here.

Sparr
Jan 17, 2006

some landscapes from artbreeders new landscape model

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Some more generated by SystemLogoff:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Phlegmish posted:

drat, too soon with these covid jokes

That one was true loooong before that. It reminds me of an old joke
“How do you make a small fortune in the restaurant business?”

“Start with a large fortune”.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum

I didn't realise what thread I was in and spent way too long trying to work out what this meant.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Could easily be a GBS thread where people post fake #lifehax

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

As a las vegas resident, this is accurate.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

As a las vegas resident, this is accurate.
I was about to say.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
https://twitter.com/MaryInTheStars/status/1329663196379160578?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Truly, he is the Eggman