Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

It already feels like they’re going to hot shot the title back to Drew tonight.

So the original plan seems like it was:

Orton wins the title -> Edge wins Rumble -> Orton/Edge III at Mania with Edge winning.

Now it seems like it could be Drew winning, Edge wins the rumble, sometime between now and Mania The Fiend wins the belt off Drew and we get Fiend/Edge at Mania. Harder to say if Edge would win there or if they’ll keep up with the “legend killer” bit they were doing with Fiend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
^^^ and yea it was obvious since Smackdown that Drew was winning, why else visit Smackdown (I forget if Randy did, doubt it). Plus Michael Cole just wouldn't shut the gently caress up about that the winner gets to goto Survivor Series, plus he had (Face?0 Shaemus giving him a sword, while Randy just did a gently caress off 1min promo

you wanna bet on Edge loving the Fiend up then dying due to being 90? Money Plane

Hirez fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Nov 17, 2020

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

https://twitter.com/wrestlevotes/status/1328743043135139841?s=21

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Make it Nikki and Killian Dain.

And have Dain squash him.

And then send him back to NXT because even the dumb Drake stuff is better than what he'd do on Raw.

And then fire Bray.

...Actually you know what, just skip the first 3 steps.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bliss/Bray tag team sounds dire

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Aphrodite posted:

And then fire Bray.

Don't say that, he's got 2 of his 4 kids to feed

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Edge vs Orton, and also involving Beth Phoenix, in loving 2021, is amazing

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Remember how exciting the idea of Edge returning to WWE was and the small handful of dream matches and interactions we could've gotten

Only to end up with a literal one year Orton feud

sean_bateman
Feb 27, 2012

glug.gif
Is it really a feud when someone stays home? :raise:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

Remember how exciting the idea of Edge returning to WWE was and the small handful of dream matches and interactions we could've gotten

No, because Edge's neck is made of wooden nickels and he just need to keep doing quirky Sci-Fi shows or gems like "Money Plane" and not do crap that look like Benoit tribute spots.

He's the reason the name "Edge Neck" is around in the first place

Jiro fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 18, 2020

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Money Plane

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

They were only ever going to put him with the safest, most boring wrestlers. And then he tore his loving tricep anyway and got put on the shelf for at least 6 months.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MJeff posted:

Money Plane

You wanna watch a guy reinjure his neck fighting a guy whose gimmick is playing with hand puppets and flocking the light switch off and on? Money plane.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Was this the year that Edge and Orton had 'The greatest wrestling match ever'? How has that title held up? I'm guessing it's probably not even in the top 20

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Well, The Greatest Wrestling Match. Ever. Wasn't even The Greatest Wrestling Match. Of that night.

The Greatest Wrestling Match. Of 2020. Was Yuka Sakazaki vs Mizuki.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Adam Page vs. John Silver:

Good match, Silver has it all. He got in some good offense and countered a Buckshot Lariat by catching Page with a hurricanrana as he landed after flipping over the ropes. Page eventually won with the lariat. Dark Order in the ring after the match with a proposition for Page...

Will Hobbs wins a squash match to "you sold out" chants. Taz cuts a promo after the match, causing Cody to come out. They argue about the FTW title.

Top Flight vs. TH2:

Great, fast paced match thats basically what you'd expect from these guys. Bit of a spotfest, with TH2 winning. TH2 with extra stuff after the match prompts the Bucks to run in and return the favor from last week.

SCU vs. Hager and Jericho:

Jericho and Daniels start and Jericho gets the upper hand, but loses it quickly when Kaz gets tagged in. Jericho gets to Hager and the big guy takes over. Jericho heels from the outside a bit, but doesn't really ever have control when he's in the match (something MJF might notice?). Jericho and Hager win, and Inner Circle jumps in the ring after the match. Scorpio Sky out for the save, and Inner Circle bails.

Contract Signing:

Omega out with the Cleaner business, North Carolina and all from Justin Roberts. Moxley jumps him out of nowhere and hits a Paradigm Shift, then cuts a promo while Kenny is out in the ring. Moxley seems to think Omega is who attacked him, saying that it doesn't weaken him, just pisses him off. He says the best two wrestlers on the planet are going at it and signs the contract, leaving it with Kenny, who's still out in the ring.

Anna Jay vs. Shida for the Women's Championship:

You didn't think there was a chance Anna Jay was winning the title, did you? Shida retains. After the match, Abaddon returns from injury and is pretty mad.

Butcher and Blade vs. Fenix and Pac:

Cool combo suicide dive and moonsault combo to the outside early by Fenix and Pac. Pac and Blade trade shots early. Fenix and Butcher come in and ot spells outside. Bunny screams a lot. Back inside, Pac and Fenix work tandem offense on Blade. Blade eventually gets to a tag and Butcher throws Fenix around for a bit before tagging back. Fenix hits a rebound cutter allowing him to get to a tag. Pac with kicks like mad, goes for a shooting star press, but Blade moves. Pac lands on his feet and rolls through, but Butcher gets tagged and plows him with a clothesline. Everyone winds up outside again, with more screaming from Bunny. Distraction from outside allows Butcher and Blade to pick up the win. Kingston and the boys heel a bit and continue the beat down. Surprise run in from Lance Archer clears the ring, and the show ends with Archer standing tall.

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

Pylons posted:

Butcher and Blade vs. Fenix and Pac

That finish seems...hmm. Maybe it’ll play better on the air?

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Yeah I don't like the sound of that finish. There are so many things they could do with this story but I think they've already made a couple of missteps by reforming the death triangle too early and having Pac take a loss this soon.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Kind of into the idea of a violence triangle feud among three factions. Gotta get a tag team for Archer to pal around with for the three way Blood & Guts or whatever.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

So far even when the spoilers haven't sounded great they've delivered when actually seeing what happens so I'm withholding judgement.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah the match ends with Kingston's Family and Death Triangle fighting each other to a tainted victory for the heels, only for the monster Eddie Kingston pissed off during his single minded pursuit of the belt to finally remind people that Godzilla is in this movie. Like Death Triangle has no real quarrel with Lance, so it kind of makes sense that a surprise Murderhawk Monster would clear the ring so that Lance can stand tall over Eddie Kingston.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So every match on this show ends with a bunch of people rushing the ring?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't love Pac taking the loss but I could justify it as 'tag teams should beat singles if Jericho and Hager didn't get a win (ugh) in the same show. And yeah, the Archer thing feels weird. I dunno. See how it airs.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Fenix is almost certainly the one taking the fall.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Who would be a good tag team to round out Archer’s trios team? FTR?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dacap posted:

Only if Tully announces he and Jake are teaming up for that, and that Shawn Spears has been let go from his management.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dacap posted:

Chaos Project. Putting Serpentico with Jake is the most natural thing in the world. Archer could carry him to the ring in a bag.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

karmicknight posted:

Yeah the match ends with Kingston's Family and Death Triangle fighting each other to a tainted victory for the heels, only for the monster Eddie Kingston pissed off during his single minded pursuit of the belt to finally remind people that Godzilla is in this movie. Like Death Triangle has no real quarrel with Lance, so it kind of makes sense that a surprise Murderhawk Monster would clear the ring so that Lance can stand tall over Eddie Kingston.

Yeah, it follows up on Eddie's "I see you, Lance" from a few weeks ago.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
why not just do death triangle & archer vs The Family and +1 if they're really gonna do their own war games on a non-inner circle/nightmare family/elite match

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I feel like Eddie somehow managing to get an extra body is weird given that Eddie Kingston's entire deal right now is reaping what he has sown in terms of being a toxic person who is alienating everyone around him to the best of his abilities.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wow way to rip off Punk AEW.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lance as a chaotic force of nature is a good characterization for him against Eddie's straight up villain and Death Triangle's almost antihero status.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

So far even when the spoilers haven't sounded great they've delivered when actually seeing what happens so I'm withholding judgement.

Yeah, whoever is writing them seems to leave out a lot of details. There has been a lot of things that were right, sounded bad written out, and worked on the show.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Maybe I remember it wrong but despite turning out to be mostly accurate didn't most of these AEW spoilers end up having one or two short segments in them that ended up not happening? E.g. the match when Cody lost the TNT title to Brodie Lee being just as described except the spoiler mentioned interference from Cardona which obviously didn't happen.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Germansimp posted:

Maybe I remember it wrong but despite turning out to be mostly accurate didn't most of these AEW spoilers end up having one or two short segments in them that ended up not happening? E.g. the match when Cody lost the TNT title to Brodie Lee being just as described except the spoiler mentioned interference from Cardona which obviously didn't happen.

That whole episode’s spoilers were fake. The last ep that got spoiled we’re largely accurate except it included Cardona showing up to turn on Cody which was edited out almost immediately.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

That whole episode’s spoilers were fake. The last ep that got spoiled we’re largely accurate except it included Cardona showing up to turn on Cody which was edited out almost immediately.

Yeah, those were from a different source than the other spoilers so they were largely made up.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

what's funny is that that segment DID have billy gunn giving a fame asser, so the only possible conclusion is that the person writing the spoilers could not differentiate matt cardona from billy gunn, and could not identify cody on the entrance stage with arn anderson

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/ReneePaquette/status/1335416463675441160?s=19

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

https://twitter.com/wrestlevotes/status/1337099624121831424?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Not gonna lie, in a vacuum that triple threat is incredibly intriguing to me.