Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Steppenwolf looked bad in the original, but that design was miles more readable than whatever the hell this is.

e:

STAC Goat posted:

But truthfully the drip drip of small details has just kind of wore me out and makes it all feel like something I don't really care about, certainly not THIS much. So I'm not the audience I guess.

Yeah, I'm utterly exhausted by the constant influx of Snydercut news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Vince MechMahon posted:

It looks like he did in BvS but fleshed out. It is also at least SOMETHING that makes him look different than a cave troll.

He looks like someone saw the Destroyer from Thor and said "Yes, but what if we crossed him with a disorganized cutlery drawer?"

The Whedon version was boring, yeah, but this one isn't interesting in a good way.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Phylodox posted:

He looks like someone saw the Destroyer from Thor and said "Yes, but what if we crossed him with a disorganized cutlery drawer?"

The Whedon version was boring, yeah, but this one isn't interesting in a good way.

I'll take interesting and bad over boring any day of the week.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh perfect I really missed the aesthetic from Michael Bay's Transformers movies

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I remember that episode of Beast Wars.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Steppenwolf is so angry because he's unable to hug without killing.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/AfterShockB4Awe/status/1328762688403632131

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

I mean, between this and Darkseid, at least Snyder's being consistent with his "Early 2000s PlayStation video game cover" aesthetic.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

rantmo posted:

So how bad is Illyana's inexplicable racism?

Its early on when she is still "gently caress all of you" mode, where she's treating everyone like poo poo.

OnimaruXLR posted:

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1328750606962499584

Does anyone else look at this picture and go "Oh poo poo, he stole Stryfe's armor!" ?

Who thinks this looks good? People who still read Spawn?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Phylodox posted:

I liked how Seanbaby put it.

https://twitter.com/Seanbabydotcom/status/1328770077970231296

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I like it except that he's entirely unreadable thanks to desaturating everything into a tan mess.

I will also admit I had to look through the mentions to remember what he even looks like in the real version.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Actually I recently watched the live action TMNT movie and he reminds me of the terrible Shredder design where he has a million blades.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The year is 2020 and Snyder and co are still trying to make Steppenwolf a thing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I thought that was an enemy from oblivion

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lmao they should have just done Kirby's OG design.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008
I for one am curious why they decided to release this shot, where the intricate design is roughly the same color as the landscape and sky, as the big sneak peek reveal. I mean, if you wanna show off the new look why pick a shot where it's dull bronze against brown? Why not pick one with more contrast to it?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mal-3 posted:

I for one am curious why they decided to release this shot, where the intricate design is roughly the same color as the landscape and sky, as the big sneak peek reveal. I mean, if you wanna show off the new look why pick a shot where it's dull bronze against brown? Why not pick one with more contrast to it?

It's zack snyder, this is the most vibrance and contrast you'll get

site fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 17, 2020

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I am dying with laughter at this post. And that Seanbaby tweet too.
Well done thread.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm now convinced Zack Snyder is trying to make a movie so terrible and ugly it makes the end of In The Mouth of Madness come true.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

OnimaruXLR posted:

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1328750606962499584

Does anyone else look at this picture and go "Oh poo poo, he stole Stryfe's armor!" ?

Between this and the Uxas/Darkseid from the first trailer, I am now expecting this film to be horribly underfunded relative to how much new work needs to be done, and that the effects are all going to look this poor. :gonk:

I figured the trailer featured some early effects work, but if this is what Snyder & co are comfortable showing off as a screencap, I don't have high hopes.

The design itself is horrendous too.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
His armor looks like how getting spinach stuck between my teeth feels.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Hey buddy, turn that frown upside down

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Real cat's anus face goin on there.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Big Megatron in Transformers 3 or 4 or whichever one he's made of nanobots energy from that redesign

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
He looks like a dragon without any of the inherent excitement of seeing a dragon. That actually reaches around to being impressive in the worst kind of way.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I liked how he looked in that BvS deleted scene, I don't know why they went with generic/ugly/lame and then stepped it up to hard to look at magic eye puzzle.

It's like they put the model from Whedon's version in photoshop, cut out the face, applied a filter to the rest, and then dragged that poo poo to 100%.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
This is the thing they show off on those ads for video game design courses at like Triangle Tech

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Seeing this new design kind of makes me wish they just had him look like Ciaran Hinds. Just a normal rear end looking dude who completely no sells everything the Justice League throws at him. Sure it would be a little old fashioned but Jack Kirby made him look like just a guy to begin with, if he wanted a monster he would have made him a monster.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/1328801759121207297?s=20

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The people praising the Steppenwolf design have the same feeling as a pro Trump twitter bot.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

twistedmentat posted:

The people praising the Steppenwolf design have the same feeling as a pro Trump twitter bot.

Do we have to do this nonsense?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

It is at least a little amusing how a guy that more or less looks like this is now the focus of an arms race to see how much of a spike monster he can be forged into.

I mean, bring back his little hat already! Spikenwolf's head looks like a steering column.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I had this toy as a kid and it got a lot of play because for some reason his weapon was attached to him so he was like one of the only guys who still had his original weapon so he got to fight the TMNT a lot. So I guess I fundamentally accept that he's supposed to be ugly and weird looking with a bunch of illogical spikes.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 18, 2020

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

twistedmentat posted:

Knock it off. Dunk on the design if you want but if you're going to say stuff like this you can say it somewhere else.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

STAC Goat posted:

I had this toy as a kid and it got a lot of play because for some reason his weapon was attached to him so he was like one of the only guys who still had his original weapon so he got to fight the TMNT a lot. So I guess I fundamentally accept that he's supposed to be ugly and weird looking with a bunch of illogical spikes.

My knowledge of Steppenwolf is entirely Kirby (I don't think he's shown up in any of the other cosmic DC I've read at least), so it's weird seeing how he's developed (or not seen, as I said, I've missed basically everything between Kirby and now, so I look, somewhat baffled, between the Kirby version and the version in Justice League).

It's also weird because yeah, Kirby did bring him back to life in "Even Gods Must Die!" but I still think of him as "that guy that died in the flashback issue."

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The choice to make Steppenwolf the main villain is still baffling, so many years after the movie came out. Like I understand if they want a build up to Darkseid in the never to be released 3rd movie, but to have someone that really is kind of not a big deal unless you follow the comics, and especially older comics, as the main villain just seemed baffling. When he was announced as the villain did anyone say "finally, Steppenwolf is making it to the big screen". They could have still built up to Darkseid by having stuff happen behind the scenes like Glorious Godfrey being a Fox News type seen on TV screens and some such bullshit while the league battles the White Martians or something, but Steppenwolf was just such a final end boss of a character that they could have just made an original creation with the exact same design and called it a day.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Madkal posted:

The choice to make Steppenwolf the main villain is still baffling, so many years after the movie came out. Like I understand if they want a build up to Darkseid in the never to be released 3rd movie, but to have someone that really is kind of not a big deal unless you follow the comics, and especially older comics, as the main villain just seemed baffling. When he was announced as the villain did anyone say "finally, Steppenwolf is making it to the big screen". They could have still built up to Darkseid by having stuff happen behind the scenes like Glorious Godfrey being a Fox News type seen on TV screens and some such bullshit while the league battles the White Martians or something, but Steppenwolf was just such a final end boss of a character that they could have just made an original creation with the exact same design and called it a day.

The bizarre thing was, even in the Wheadon film there were things they could have easily tweeked to make it more Kirby like.

Like in the opening scene with Wonder Woman and all the bank robbers. They had this weird fatalistic thing going on, which I was sure was going to be because they were secret cultists or influenced by someone like Godfrey.

But no, just a strange group of bank robbers who were totally going to kill themselves and others to get money.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Furies would have been better if you wanted to send Darkseid's goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Kalibak, Darkseid's son would've made more sense.