Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The Carlton's distinctive domes on both seaward corners were reputedly designed to resemble the breasts of Caroline Otero ("La Belle Otero") the most famous courtesan of the French Riviera during the years surrounding World War I.[citation needed]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

quote:

On July 13, 1986, Land of Doom was described as "soon-to-be-released" in The Indianapolis Star.[1]

very useful.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

try and guess what it is before clicking

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chome

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 17, 2020

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
it’s chome, next

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Chome gang

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
:chome:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I guessed it was something to do with anime and I wasn't technically wrong

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

:chome:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Kool-Aid pickles or "koolickles", enjoyed by children in parts of the Southern United States,[22] are created by soaking dill pickles in a mixture of Kool-Aid and pickle brine.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
ugh that is some mississippi-rear end poo poo yeah

and they are as nasty as you think and also take on some of the coloring

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Kool-Aid pickles or "koolickles", enjoyed by children in parts of the Southern United States,[22] are created by soaking dill pickles in a mixture of Kool-Aid and pickle brine.

This makes purple drank sound like Chateau Lafite Rothschild

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

would not eat these pickles

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Malloc Voidstar posted:

would not eat these pickles

i think i understand how bad dragon got started.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

A spoil tip (also called a boney pile,[1] culm bank, gob pile,waste tip[2] or bing)[3] is a pile built of accumulated spoil – waste material removed during mining.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Lutha Mahtin posted:

How long until they run out and have to switch to chomeV6

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
In Washington v. Alaimo[10] the court listed more than seventy-five frivolous "motions" (a request for a court to issue an order), all of which required the attention of the Court, including the following:

• "Motion to Behoove an Inquisition"
  • "Motion for Judex Delegatus"
  • "Motion for Restoration of Sanity"
  • "Motion for Deinstitutionalization"
  • "Motion for Publicity"
  • "Motion to Vacate Jurisdiction"
  • "Motion for Cesset processus"
  • "Motion for Nunc pro tunc"
  • "Motion for Psychoanalysis"
  • "Motion to Impeach Judge Alaimo"
  • "Motion to Renounce Citizenship"
  • "Motion to Exhume Body of Alex Hodgson"
  • "Motion to Invoke and Execute Rule 15[11]—Retroactive Note: The Court's School Days are Over"
  • "Motion for Skin Change Operation"
  • "Motion for Catered Food Services"
  • "Motion to Kiss My rear end"

Washington, an inmate from Georgia, was eventually prohibited from filing any future lawsuits or motions in any district court unless he first posted a contempt bond of $1,500. To be deemed frivolous, a litigant's arguments must strike beyond the pale.[12]

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

He was circumcised in a hospital in Haifa.[1]

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I guessed it was something to do with anime and I wasn't technically wrong

:discourse:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Cheese on toast is made by placing sliced or grated cheese on toasted bread and melting it under a grill. It is popular in the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand, the Caribbean and in African countries. It is sometimes called Welsh rabbit, although that usually involves a sauce including other ingredients as well.[1]

Recipes

Cheese on toast consists of toast (toasted on both sides or just one side), with cheese placed on it and then grilled. Further toppings are optional; the most basic being chopped onions (raw or grilled with the cheese), brown sauce or ketchup. Pickled cucumber, Branston pickle, fried tomatoes, fried eggs, Worcestershire sauce and baked beans are also common.[2][3]

Recipe books and internet articles tend to elaborate on the basics, adding ingredients and specifying accompaniments to make more interesting reading. Consequently, published recipes seldom deal with the most basic form of the dish and frequently refer to the similar dish of Welsh rarebit as "posh cheese on toast".[4]

Cheddar cheese is most commonly used for Cheese on toast, as this is a particularly good cheese for toasting[citation needed]. Lancashire dairies, in conjunction with a "National Cheese Toast Day", have promoted Lancashire cheese as the best cheese to use.[5]

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Cheese on toast is made by placing sliced or grated cheese on toasted bread and melting it under a grill. It is popular in the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand, the Caribbean and in African countries. It is sometimes called Welsh rabbit, although that usually involves a sauce including other ingredients as well.[1]

under? :confused:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
like a broiler, I assume

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

One of these?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Recipes

Cheese on toast consists of toast (toasted on both sides or just one side), with cheese placed on it and then grilled. Further toppings are optional; the most basic being chopped onions (raw or grilled with the cheese), brown sauce or ketchup. Pickled cucumber, Branston pickle, fried tomatoes, fried eggs, Worcestershire sauce and baked beans are also common.[2][3]

Recipe books and internet articles tend to elaborate on the basics, adding ingredients and specifying accompaniments to make more interesting reading. Consequently, published recipes seldom deal with the most basic form of the dish and frequently refer to the similar dish of Welsh rarebit as "posh cheese on toast".[4]

Cheddar cheese is most commonly used for Cheese on toast, as this is a particularly good cheese for toasting[citation needed]. Lancashire dairies, in conjunction with a "National Cheese Toast Day", have promoted Lancashire cheese as the best cheese to use.[5]

You put the cheese on previously-toasted bread?

:confused:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
no. you toast one side under the grill, then you flip it over and put the cheese on and toast that. ideally with some sliced chillis imo

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I just toast it with cheese on it, I have a toaster overnight so there’s no flipping required.

Far superior to a grilled cheese.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
why only overnight, where’s it go when the sun comes up

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Playing footsies is not sexual molestation according to a decision of the Supreme Court of Cassation in Italy in 2000.[4][5]

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

El_Elegante posted:

why only overnight, where’s it go when the sun comes up

Slow-roasting locks in the flavor?

:shrug:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The painting is oil on canvas and measures 243 × 182 centimeters.[12] It has been suggested that the painting explores the themes of betrayal, revenge, and fear and that it shows a group of prostitutes urging a man holding a bible to throw himself off a cliff.[13]

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Schadenboner posted:

You put the cheese on previously-toasted bread?

:confused:

Some people have different ways of doing it, but yes, making toast in the toaster and then grilling the cheese onto it is a common way of making "cheese on toast".

It's important that the bread is properly toasted throughout so that it's crisp, but when you're grilling the toppings you're not really toasting the bread at all - the cheese absorbs almost all the heat.

This is different from a "grilled cheese" which you make in a griddle that's in direct contact with the bread, and the filling is only heated by whatever transfers through - this implicitly heats the bread as part of the grilling, so you don't need to toast it first.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i remember once as a kid i was over at a friend's house and he was like "do you want a grilled cheese" and i was like "sure" and we went to make them

he got 2 pieces of bread and put them in the toaster, then took the dry toast and put a slice of american cheese in between and microwaved it.

we were maybe 12 years old, it's not like he wasn't allowed to use the stove or something.

i was aghast

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
as usual, brits are kooky weirdos

In the United Kingdom, Commonwealth countries, and Ireland, grilling generally refers to cooking food directly under a source of direct, dry heat. The "grill" is usually a separate part of an oven where the food is inserted just under the element.[note 1] This practice is referred to as "broiling" in North America.[9] Sometimes the term grilling may refer to cooking with heat from below, as in the United States. In the 1970s and 1980s the electric, two sided vertical grill marketed by the Sunbeam company achieved cult status because of its quick, clean, and no added fat operation.[citation needed]

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i need that from unda heat

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

A cheese roll (occasionally known by the older name of cheese roll-up) is a snack food similar to Welsh rarebit, but created by covering a slice of bread in a prepared filling consisting mainly of grated or sliced cheese, and then rolling it into a tube shape before toasting.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Progressive JPEG posted:

A cheese roll (occasionally known by the older name of cheese roll-up) is a snack food similar to Welsh rarebit, but created by covering a slice of bread in a prepared filling consisting mainly of grated or sliced cheese, and then rolling it into a tube shape before toasting.

spawn more overlords

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I heard that Americans, especially those in the south, would get a seizure if they were to experience what Europeans call a bbq party.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
"Bite Your Bum," a parody of "Shaddap You Face," was made in 1981 by Australian artists Peter Plus with Bazz and Pilko (Barry Ion and Tony Pilkington). It reached #32 in New Zealand.[42]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Progressive JPEG posted:

I’m gonna make these and call them quesadillas (pronounced kway-zuh-dill-uh)

and there’s nothing you can do to stop me