Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BrownieVK posted:

Speaking of EDF and being a lifelong Xbox whore, if there's an announced EDF for PS5 but not xbox unfortunately I know the choice I must make.

Did 5 or iron rain make it to xbox or were they ps4/pc only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I'll save up and wait for the X.

I have a fair few disc based games and I use my current Xbox One as a blu-ray player.

Might be a little while yet.

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000

falz posted:

This still appears to be the thread for New Xboxen? Goodie. I have two questions.

1) Could someone who has one (S or X, don't care) AND has Earth Defense Force 2017, pop it in and see if it fixes the slowdown issues that were on the 360? (Or maybe these were resolved with 2013-2020 xbox models?)

I just fired it on the Series X, only played the first level and I can't remember how bad the slowdown was on 360 (and never played it one One X), but at least on the SX (using the scientific method of looking at it and going "yeah that feels like 60fps") it didn't seem to be hitching at all.

Didn't have my saves on the cloud so only had level 1 to play with, but it was fine with me diving into a wall of ant-blood while blowing up some buildings at least: https://gameclips.io/DancingRobotBob/3019c0a2-14b4-45eb-87e9-2d4a2874fab6

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zat posted:

I agree with the above answers. I don't think getting a One X over a Series S at this point makes much sense.

Maybe watch this thing DF released yesterday that I think shows well how the S is a solid machine with certain caveats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94O6o6yOGgA

The Series S not getting the One X patches is a HUGE drawback IMO. The uncapped framerates that the One X patches brought to the table were such a big transformation. Hopefully they can redo those patches without the 4K resolution,

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Does anyone know how to switch between the 4k and 120fps options on Master Chief Collection? I go to settings and only see HDR settings.

Edit: apparently it's dynamic. Dang. I need a 120hz TV soon.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 17, 2020

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I wish you could watch saved clips on your pc through the Xbox app.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

Real hurthling! posted:

Did 5 or iron rain make it to xbox or were they ps4/pc only?

PC and Ps4 only. Iron rain was meh, but I played the poo poo our of 5 and it's the whole reason I got a Ps4. Thankfully there was some other fantastic games on there as well which to be honest the Xbox ecosystem has been severly missing quality first party titles.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

Barudak posted:

Ill also say it, the majority of what makes this generation, both PS5 and Series feel next gen is the loading times sweet god you can't go back.

I played AC:V for 3-4 hours Sunday night, and when I went to bed, I realized I hadn’t picked up my phone the entire time. poo poo’s wild

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BrownieVK posted:

PC and Ps4 only. Iron rain was meh, but I played the poo poo our of 5 and it's the whole reason I got a Ps4. Thankfully there was some other fantastic games on there as well which to be honest the Xbox ecosystem has been severly missing quality first party titles.

I thought iron rain had a lot of good ideas but for each of them, two additional bad ideas that ruined it.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

falz posted:

This still appears to be the thread for New Xboxen? Goodie. I have two questions.

1) Could someone who has one (S or X, don't care) AND has Earth Defense Force 2017, pop it in and see if it fixes the slowdown issues that were on the 360? (Or maybe these were resolved with 2013-2020 xbox models?)

2) I'm fairly sure there's no answer to this, but I, a previous Xbone owner, would like to know what games I have rights to before I consider buying a new Xbox. I have no current xboxes outside of a 360 in a literal box in the basement. I'm looking for somewhere online to see this. https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/ shows orders (ie you paid $$) but NOT entitlements such as free GwG stuff. I can find no such current functional URL For this, and I'd rather not buy a new xbox just to find out what games I opted in to when I had gold.

Thanks!

I don't have access to 2017 but EDF 2025 runs good now. No instant loading though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The Grey posted:

Well, this is Walmart's Black Friday ad. How do you interpret this? You can buy a PS5/Xbox online on 11/25 at 7 PM? Then also Friday online at midnight and in store at 5 AM?

Funny how this ad makes the series X look the same size as the ps5 instead of a third shorter like irl.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Funny how this ad makes the series X look the same size as the ps5 instead of a third shorter like irl.

The actual packaging is a ridiculous difference too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It should be actual size on the page with foldouts and dotted lines for cutting and taping it together into a 3d replica

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

So never having an Xbox one, I'm actually kind of disappointed in the backwards compatibility. A fair number of the Xbox games I play on my 360 are not compatible with the series X. Why the hell can't I play Vice City on my super new ultra mega box?

I guess I just expected the backwards compatibility with og Xbox games to be the same.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

RodShaft posted:

I guess I just expected the backwards compatibility with og Xbox games to be the same.

That was not a realistic expectation.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

RodShaft posted:

So never having an Xbox one, I'm actually kind of disappointed in the backwards compatibility. A fair number of the Xbox games I play on my 360 are not compatible with the series X. Why the hell can't I play Vice City on my super new ultra mega box?

A large chunk of it is licensing, because Microsoft requires anything that's BC on Xbox One (with a couple exceptions) to be sold on the Microsoft store. In the case of Vice City, there's definitely song license issues, as the game was pulled from Steam for a while when they rebuilt the game and removed a bunch of songs. It's not as easy (or I don't even know if it's POSSIBLE) to do that with original Xbox games, so many games with licensed soundtracks are going to be an issue to be resold on the Microsoft Store, and therefore won't be made BC.

https://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-Vice-City-Back-Steam-Nearly-10-Songs-Removed-50206.html

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It sucks that licensing kills a ton of BC. I go to the used game stores and see those old rear end LoTR games on Xbox and they will probably be lost to time. Aw well.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just give me 4k 60fps Burnout 3 please. And not a remaster because I don't trust EA to not gently caress it up.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Detective No. 27 posted:

It sucks that licensing kills a ton of BC. I go to the used game stores and see those old rear end LoTR games on Xbox and they will probably be lost to time. Aw well.

Yeah, LOTR The Two Towers was one of them I tried. Broke my heart.

I guess I'll just keep my 360 hooked up somewhere.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

irpoweroutlet posted:

I played AC:V for 3-4 hours Sunday night, and when I went to bed, I realized I hadn’t picked up my phone the entire time. poo poo’s wild

Yeah this is me and Yakuza. There isn't enough time to doodle around, im already playing again.

The fact it works even on back compatible titles has been mindblowing too where Im firing up games i remember having way longer loading breaks.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Stating the obvious at this point but the machine is silent and the heat from the vent is "slightly warm". Hard to believe the heat thing was even a thing.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Seltzer posted:

Stating the obvious at this point but the machine is silent and the heat from the vent is "slightly warm". Hard to believe the heat thing was even a thing.

People very very much wanted it to be a thing after how goddamn huge the PS5 is to combat the same problem.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

American McGay posted:

Just give me 4k 60fps Burnout 3 please. And not a remaster because I don't trust EA to not gently caress it up.

I love that every time BC comes up someone (probably you or I) just bangs the table and asks for burnout 3 again.

the Paradise remaster was perfect in terms of comparison to the original game, at least from what I played of it (more than the original Paradise at least) its just a very 'ubisoft' game and lost too much of what made the original games so popular.

e: I just got confirmation my series X ships on the 20th and the first thing I will do for you, American McGay, is play Burnout Revenge on BC.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've already got Revenge downloaded on my SX but I don't even want to boot it cause it's so drat ugly lol.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I was excited to see that I could just play Burnout 3 again, but gently caress yes, gimme 4k60. That and SSX Tricky. I played so much Tricky, game rules.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

There's a few BC games that are only available physically, but any new BC additions have to be done with contemporary licensing in mind.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Been playing Halo Anniversary on the MCC today and while the gameplay has been a smooth 60fps, the cutscenes are noticably sub-30. .

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

American McGay posted:

I've already got Revenge downloaded on my SX but I don't even want to boot it cause it's so drat ugly lol.

the original 'crushed blacks' is whatever engine that game uses.

how do i get burnout 3 on my SX? physical copy?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I was bummed that Gladius didn't work. I played it at my brother in law's house years ago and picked up a copy for $2 at a second hand store a few years back but haven't played it yet.
Good thing I still have my 360 and old school xbox though I don't know the old school will connect to my modern tvs without additional cords.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Celexi posted:

After using Nintendo and sony controllers one thing I can't as easy go without is motion aiming, it makes shooters so much nicer in console. Shame that Microsoft has yet to add motion controls to the xbox controller.

I'm really hoping with how hype the dualsense is, that they'll final respond and update the drat controllers. I need gyro, so I'll immediately switch to the Nintendo version of a game if it gets a port, like spellbreak and rogue company did. Apex soon.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kaboobi posted:

A large chunk of it is licensing, because Microsoft requires anything that's BC on Xbox One (with a couple exceptions) to be sold on the Microsoft store. In the case of Vice City, there's definitely song license issues, as the game was pulled from Steam for a while when they rebuilt the game and removed a bunch of songs. It's not as easy (or I don't even know if it's POSSIBLE) to do that with original Xbox games, so many games with licensed soundtracks are going to be an issue to be resold on the Microsoft Store, and therefore won't be made BC.

https://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-Vice-City-Back-Steam-Nearly-10-Songs-Removed-50206.html

It's bizarre since Rockstar did actually go out of their way to release Vice City and much of its PS2-era catalog on PS4, even adding trophies (and I believe they did the soundtrack edits there too). On the Xbox One they just did San Andreas because an actual 360 port was made for it (and while you can play San Andreas with an OG Xbox disc it just loads the updated 360 version).

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

American McGay posted:

This is the one OG Xbox game I want to be able to get a hold of again. I had so much drat fun playing it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I still keep my dusty old 360 with the optical drive that sounds like a dying squirrel around to dig out and play through B3 every few years.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Detective No. 27 posted:

According to leaks Capcom is working on Marvel vs Capcom 4 and thankfully 3 was remastered but I really wish MvC2 was available somewhere. Sucks that the game was pulled for sale from everywhere and there isn't even emulation for it.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Capcom will be able to sort out the licensing issues (I think it's X-Men licensing that's the problem) and be able to compile a collection of sorts like the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary one with all the old 2D MvC era games (even X-Men: Children of the Atom and X-Men vs. Street Fighter).

American McGay posted:

Burnout Revenge is great via BC and EA gave us good (albeit basic) remasters of Burnout Paradise and NFS: Hot Pursuit (which is Burnout with cops, basically) so it's not all bad. I think the XB BC team said that they'll be resuming BC additions soon as well now that the new Xbox consoles have been launched and they're free to resume the program. People make a lot of noise about Burnout 3 and Jet Set Radio Future so I assume those will be high up on the list of what's remaining.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Hot pursuit is 30fps it is not a burnout game despite being made by the burnout team.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

SUNKOS posted:

According to leaks Capcom is working on Marvel vs Capcom 4 and thankfully 3 was remastered but I really wish MvC2 was available somewhere. Sucks that the game was pulled for sale from everywhere and there isn't even emulation for it.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Capcom will be able to sort out the licensing issues (I think it's X-Men licensing that's the problem) and be able to compile a collection of sorts like the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary one with all the old 2D MvC era games (even X-Men: Children of the Atom and X-Men vs. Street Fighter).

Burnout Revenge is great via BC and EA gave us good (albeit basic) remasters of Burnout Paradise and NFS: Hot Pursuit (which is Burnout with cops, basically) so it's not all bad. I think the XB BC team said that they'll be resuming BC additions soon as well now that the new Xbox consoles have been launched and they're free to resume the program. People make a lot of noise about Burnout 3 and Jet Set Radio Future so I assume those will be high up on the list of what's remaining.

I played MVC Infinite on gamepass and... it wasn't good. I can't explain why. I loved MVC2, MVC3, and really it was kind of just MVC3.5 but I just hated it. I dunno if I'm convinced that they can pull off MVC4 even if capcom is good again, I feel like every videogame Disney touches is poo poo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MvCI lost the the third character, changed the art style, brought back the not good infinity gem system nobody liked or remembered from the ancient x-men game, and mucked about with damage values. Its a game that is fundamentally ok but doesn't have the spirt of its predecessors and doesn't really get to take advantage of the license its partnered with because Disney was throwing an X-men fit at the time.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Laserface posted:

how do i get burnout 3 on my SX? physical copy?

B3 never got a BC release on Xbone so if you want to play it you'll need an original Xbox or a 360.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Yeah, and just look at the size of that Apple watch, do they make them for giants now?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

B3 never got a BC release on Xbone so if you want to play it you'll need an original Xbox or a 360.

Yeah that's right. I do own it, I just couldn't figure out why I wasn't playing it every day and this reminded me.

Hurry up and make B3 BC YOU COWARDS