Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

I've seen the spoilers and they're certainly interesting. I can post the full roster spoiler tagged if people ITT want to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I don't care about spoilers on this at all so fire away.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

That's all the permission I need!

Warning: Absolutely massive spoilers for AoC here
Link (1h sword, 2h sword, spear), Zelda (slate, sealing powers), King Rhoam, Mipha, Daruk, Revali, Urbosa, Impa, Sidon, Yunobo, Teba, Riji, Hestu, Great fairies, Master Koga, Monk Maz Kosia, Egg Guardian, Calamity Ganon.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

only spoiler that's really important:
Link's Gerudo dress is still in the game

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bland posted:

Link (1h sword, 2h sword, spear), Zelda (slate, sealing powers), King Rhoam, Mipha, Daruk, Revali, Urbosa, Impa, Sidon, Yunobo, Teba, Riji, Hestu, Great fairies, Master Koga, Monk Maz Kosia, Egg Guardian, Calamity Ganon.

Huh,

Wonder if Robbie and Purah will be FLC or DLC like Cia/Wizzro/Volga were in the original Hyrule Warriors. Its kind of wild they gave them all new models and tons of cutscene animations/in battle stuff without making them playable.

Also interesting that outside of the Egg Guardian we have no OCs.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RickRogers posted:

Ooooh, anyone care to spoil?

Multiple endings. First ending is after like 5 chapters and it’s like how the story normally went with all the champions dying, Link getting sent into stasis, and Zelda sealing Ganon. After that the story starts again(not sure if the egg goes back in time or if it’s a new timeline) with the four champions from BotW’s time get sent back in time to help and seems like they fully beat Ganon and get a happy ending. Final boss is the egg being corrupted and they’re forced to kill it.

Other story notes: Ganon has a new form in this game, and seems like it was the body he was originally planning on reincarnating into. Zelda wrecks him so bad that he has to start over and the form in BotW is the best he could do in 100 years.
By the way the hooded character does seem to be a new form of Ganondorf. I’m sure people will be mad that he doesn’t look like the previous versions.

Character wise: The four champion descendants are not clones. Sidon has dual tridents, Riju rides a sand seal, and Yunobo uses rock roasts as weapons. Not sure how Teba is different.

EDIT: I was wrong about some stuff. Updated post is below.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 18, 2020

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Awesome, looking forward to the cut-scenes being edited into a movie.

With the new form for Ganon, I would not be mad, but like a lot of decisions made for Zelda, mildly confused.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

thrilla in vanilla posted:

[*]two gutter balls my first try. I still got it babey
I have finally returned bearing this post. I hope it finds you in good health and excited about Romance of the Hyrule Kingdom.

Worst Link’s Master Quest: Horse Lust

• I get shot to death by nearby bokos at least six times trying to corner this magnificent loving horse before I manage to collect it. I’ll be honest my plan was just to stick with my dude Barf until he inevitably was struck down by me doing some stupid poo poo but this horse called out to me. I’m keeping her and that’s final.
  • anyway I find a little lodge nearby with a new friend sitting by the fire
  • https://twitter.com/WorstLink/status/1328069994949722112?s=20
  • gently caress you dude. I didn’t know yoga clan knew how to sit down.

Next time I will do the flight range and make as much progress as I can on the dungeon and stuff but for now I have an important question for the thread.

What should I name our new steed?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

thrilla in vanilla posted:

What should I name our new steed?

Licorice

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

+1

And also... "Yoga Clan"
Yeah that guy tripped me up too.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Those are some mighty tempting spoiler bars up there.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

YggiDee posted:

Those are some mighty tempting spoiler bars up there.

Tell me about it lol

Better stay away from this thread next time I start drinking

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Good spoilers up there. The roster is satisfactory. It sounds like everyone should play pretty differently, which was the issue with Fire Emblem Warriors (small cast and everyone felt samey). I'm hoping they have some silly non-canon choices for DLC because that's always fun. Also for some reason I didn't think of Link using two handers and spears for different characters but it makes plenty of sense.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RatHat posted:

Multiple endings. First ending is after like 5 chapters and it’s like how the story normally went with all the champions dying, Link getting sent into stasis, and Zelda sealing Ganon. After that the story starts again(not sure if the egg goes back in time or if it’s a new timeline) with the four champions from BotW’s time get sent back in time to help and seems like they fully beat Ganon and get a happy ending. Final boss is the egg being corrupted and they’re forced to kill it.

Other story notes: Ganon has a new form in this game, and seems like it was the body he was originally planning on reincarnating into. Zelda wrecks him so bad that he has to start over and the form in BotW is the best he could do in 100 years.
By the way the hooded character does seem to be a new form of Ganondorf. I’m sure people will be mad that he doesn’t look like the previous versions.

Character wise: The four champion descendants are not clones. Sidon has dual tridents, Riju rides a sand seal, and Yunobo uses rock roasts as weapons. Not sure how Teba is different.

So bad news: I was misinformed about some stuff.

There is only one ending, a good ending. So looks like it's entirely non-canon/a different timeline. Maybe it'll get explained in BotW2? Dunno. It's an odd choice. Ganon does have a new form, and it's playable, but the rest of that was fake.
Also the hooded character isn't Ganondorf, his name is Astor. Not really sure what his deal is but he doesn't seem to die in the story so maybe he'll show up in BotW2.

Everything else I wrote about up there is legit.

To compensate here's a spoiler about a new character's moveset: Hestu
He does music attacks with dancing. His special action is summoning Koroks like Impa’s clones except there’s more and they have unique actions. His ice block dances. His weapons are maracas and one of the upgrades/skins is golden poo on sticks, the golden poo being the item he gives in BotW for finding all the Koroks.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Nov 18, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
EDIT: Oops double post

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

naively went to resetera to look up spoilers and instead I was greeted with people writing hundreds of words explaining how nintendo lying to us is what led to trump

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

romanowski posted:

naively went to resetera to look up spoilers and instead I was greeted with people writing hundreds of words explaining how nintendo lying to us is what led to trump

:trumppop:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I have never read a single word written about ResetEra that indicates that i should go there.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

romanowski posted:

lmao what

night slime
May 14, 2014
Before the release lots of people didn't know if BOTW would have Rupees in it. Economic anxiety

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

romanowski posted:

That's just usual resetera tbh

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

night slime posted:

Before the release lots of people didn't know if BOTW would have Rupees in it. Economic anxiety

I honestly just had to think really hard about whether it did or not. Shows how integral they are to the game.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Not interested in reading story spoilers, but i would like a no-context list of all playable characters please

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

mabels big day posted:

Not interested in reading story spoilers, but i would like a no-context list of all playable characters please

Bland posted:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

cool, so mostly what was in the map datamine leak, plus the great faries. is it like all of them at once? or you choose which one?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Zelda Age of Calamity reviews are out, it’s getting great reviews across the board, I’m not surprised since I tried the demo with very low expectations but was completely blown away by how much fun I was having, I normally am indifferent to Musou games but this one is really a step above.

IGN gave it a 9 out of 10

https://youtu.be/GqL7iN20duI

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I've been jonsing for Warriors since playing the AoC demo. I actually hooked up my Wii U to play some HW and had a lot of fun. I never bought any extra content for it, so I'm seriously considering buying the Switch version cause if I understand things it's packed to the gills with content straight out of the box. Do we know yet if AoC has an equivalent to adventure maps?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

You should play the Switch version since they remixed all the adventure maps to make them more fair, allow you to swap characters mid-battle and deplete a giant monster’s whole weak point gauge in one go. Makes the game waaaaaaay better.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Wildtortilla posted:

I've been jonsing for Warriors since playing the AoC demo. I actually hooked up my Wii U to play some HW and had a lot of fun. I never bought any extra content for it, so I'm seriously considering buying the Switch version cause if I understand things it's packed to the gills with content straight out of the box. Do we know yet if AoC has an equivalent to adventure maps?

It doesn't look like AoC has Adventure maps. I'm just going by the demo, but essentially you're put into the big map overview screen from BotW and new activities pop up each time you complete a story map. These can be things like a small event where you spend some resources to unlock the extra combos/hearts for characters through small flavor events (ie. the first one you get to extend Link's normal combo is giving some resources to a fighting school that lets him sit in on lessons) or unlocking side missions (I've seen a few that you can't play due to demo that are like mini tutorial levels or 'save the village from a bunch of Lizaflos' with special restrictions on characters etc).

You can also replay story missions at any time with any unlocked characters.

It looks meaty but haven't been able to fully dig in yet.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I really liked the game play of the AoC demo. As silly as it may be to say this, I like AoC way more than the first HW largely due to sound effects and music. The first HW has such loud sounds. So many things have a loud, obnoxious sound - even picking up an item! - and the music is not my style.

AoC has BOTW's pleasant sound effects and the music was much more tolerable.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

if by tolerable you mean it fuckin owns then i agree!

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knflhczk88Y

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh my god (character moveset spoiler)Kohga's stasis move has him freeze himself and summon Yiga soldiers to knock him into enemies.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Wildtortilla posted:

Speaking as someone playing through the Switch version of Hyrule Warriors, it's bonkers how much content there is. 29 characters if I count right, and several have completely different alternate weapons (Link has like 6 even if you don't count the Master Sword separately from the other sword type). Literally 1000+ scenarios on the Adventure Mode, although many are obviously similar.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

Speaking as someone playing through the Switch version of Hyrule Warriors, it's bonkers how much content there is. 29 characters if I count right, and several have completely different alternate weapons (Link has like 6 even if you don't count the Master Sword separately from the other sword type). Literally 1000+ scenarios on the Adventure Mode, although many are obviously similar.

Yeah, to be fair that's after like 6 rounds of DLC on the WiiU and 3DS including weird poo poo like the Spinner originally being an Amiibo only-thing.

At launch the game had 13 characters with Lana/Link/Zelda/Impa having multiple movesets for about 20 unique movesets total. DLC expanded that insanely so you have 29 characters with 43 movesets total since they added more to Link, Zelda and Gannondorf and introduced Linkle and Toon Link with 2 weapons.

Zore fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 19, 2020

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
edit: nvm LP exist

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 19, 2020

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

stev posted:

They'd need to really overhaul it for it to work in handheld mode or on the Lite - can't replicate those terrible controls with a touch screen.

I'd be much happier if they reworked the whole thing so I can just play it with god drat buttons.

Just adding in the Right Stick Sword Swing from MGR:R fixes the issue. Nothing in that game requires anything other than Cardinals or diagonals.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Zore posted:

Yeah, to be fair that's after like 6 rounds of DLC on the WiiU and 3DS including weird poo poo like the Spinner originally being an Amiibo only-thing.

At launch the game had 13 characters with Lana/Link/Zelda/Impa having multiple movesets for about 20 unique movesets total. DLC expanded that insanely so you have 29 characters with 43 movesets total since they added more to Link, Zelda and Gannondorf and introduced Linkle and Toon Link with 2 weapons.

Yeah, I am definitely glad I waited through all the DLC BS. At the time I didn't think it was the kind of game I would really enjoy, now I can't get enough of it, lol.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/smaho_neko/status/1328265711567794176?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I was wondering if there were some interesting let’s plays / speedruns of OoT or MM? Would be interesting to see all of the stuff that I missed.

I think that a 100% speedrun would be preferable, since I imagine a let’s play would simply be too long.