Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Coaaab posted:

What's your list of updates you look forward to most?
Just on the off-chance that you're not aware of it, astral has added the ability to easily search threads for words - it's in the same container as the post/reply boxes on top of the page.
The feature itself isn't new, it's just that before you had to go to the search page and type threadid:<id> <keyword>.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Just on the off-chance that you're not aware of it, astral has added the ability to easily search threads for words - it's in the same container as the post/reply boxes on top of the page.
The feature itself isn't new, it's just that before you had to go to the search page and type threadid:<id> <keyword>.
I was posing that question to Violet_Sky so that I'd get a sense of that poster's taste and maybe make recommendations or that info would allow others to make recommendations

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Speaking of which, it's back!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Speaking of which, it's back!

I assume glasses lady is sadly not the protagonist.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
she is instead the supportive but also brutally honest friend

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
yessssss i was just looking at that thinking 'man its been a while :('

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
from the mangaka who brought us "Cresent Moon and Doughnuts" comes "I Married My Best Friend (Not to Shut Up My Parents) (For an Essay)"

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

"I want to do so many things, so I have no time for a relationship. That's why no one likes me."

"I like you."

"That's because we're friends."

:cripes:

Okay, deep breaths.

... My girl, you're so dense. She clearly meant "like" in a non-friend way.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Would the romance genre exist without misunderstandings, dense characters, and a lack of communication?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

just friends, with my wife

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
r/relationships: I (25F) got married to my friend (25F) because of a promise we made five years ago

Five years ago we were complaining about love troubles to each other, and jokingly made a promise that if neither of us was married by now, we would get married to each other. A week ago she came back from a trip: as soon as she got off the plane she went directly to city hall to get a marriage registration form, then directly to where I was to give it to me, without even stopping by home to drop off her luggage. I was startled but I thought, eh, whatever, right?

So we got married and we live together, and I'm starting to feel a bit weird about her, almost as if I like her. But we're both girls so there's no way, right? And besides we only got married because of that old promise, we're such good friends I don't want to make things awkward.

What are your thoughts about this?

UselessLesbianFan 3 hours ago

HOW ARE YOU THIS DUMB

↑ 9.3 k ↓

YuriFan999 4 hours ago

Jesus loving christ, girl.

↑ 8.4 k ↓

Mikl fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Nov 18, 2020

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ruriko has....some kind of patience, huh

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Ruriko has....some kind of patience, huh

Seems to be working for her so far.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
all is fair in love and war and love

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

]Heres comes a wild chalen-gerlrllr~

Sazae-San is a Joseije romance series.

There is a lot of tension, such as when she tries to make a new flavor of duck sauce, but her husband admits he preferred the dumplings from the other weekend.

I find it equitable to "Doki doki Ugukai Lucy Ball"(I love Lucy) from the same time frame.

Insert a Name Here fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Nov 19, 2020

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Crescent moon and doughnuts is nice.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Everyone's favorite abusive(?) couple tied the knot!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm happy for them.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Glad they were able to compromise on the cosplay.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Blessed thread living up to its name:
Watch both videos to the end.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Citrus + did the thing
]

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

about time.

Matsuri and Harumi are by far my favorite characters in Citrus.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Nov 20, 2020

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Your True Color updated once more

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

People who revive dead fan TLs are literal heroes IMO

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Dropout doing that for Mizore-chan so we can finally get to the mermaid yuri :allears:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It looks like volume 2 hasn't been out for too long in Japan and there's no third volume yet, so there might not even have been a delay in the TL if the original group dropped it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I don't generally share doujins here, but this one has earned it IMO

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
holy poo poo, spiritus nox is sharing a doujin in the thread. they don't generally do that.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

holy poo poo, spiritus nox is sharing a doujin in the thread. they don't generally do that.

I know

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

it all comes to an end

i'm gonna miss these dorks

Oneiros fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 22, 2020

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I Love You, Miki got a new chapter and whoa boy there's no easy way to say it.

This boy has no fashion sense. We're talking Mousou Telepathy levels of tacky here.

Big Witch Hat
Oct 28, 2020

The first couple of pages reminded me of Inui Ayu's (the author of Teiji ni Agaretara) autobiographic "Today, We Continue Our Lives Together Under the Same Roof" a bit.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
[Current Lonely Girl Status: Not Defied

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Usui Shio has a new manga about trying out marriage with my female friend, and the first chapter is tagged Bread.

EDIT: And I just found out this is what Snooze Cruise posted about.
orz

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 23, 2020

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Cross post from the manga reader site comments:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Another Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Cross post from the manga reader site comments:

i don't think i needed to read this

the weirdest aspect of this kind of thinking is the fact that shoujo ai is not a common jp terminology at all and is literally a meaningless term in modern online contexts

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
just gonna make up definitions for words then act like everyone else is using them wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

just gonna make up definitions for words then act like everyone else is using them wrong

Welcome to twitter.