Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Here's a crazy theory, guys, just hear me out...

Kai D. Ou

Kai means something-or-other (like King Kai) in Japanese, and Ou means king. I think I'm onto something here.

king d king with his subordinate: king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It’s been awhile since i checked in, but Luffy just beat Rob and this entire arc has been amazing

Edit: merry go to the rescue!

Edit 2: just finished 430 and i am Not Okay

Len fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 18, 2020

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Len posted:

It’s been awhile since i checked in, but Luffy just beat Rob and this entire arc has been amazing

Edit: merry go to the rescue!

Edit 2: just finished 430 and i am Not Okay

One of the best chapters in One Piece. I cried for that boat :sympathy:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dr Subterfuge posted:

One of the best chapters in One Piece. I cried for that boat :sympathy:

:same:

Is Usopp ever not useless?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Len posted:

He JUST saved Robin with a badass snipe not like 10 chapters ago

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Meme Emulator posted:

He JUST saved Robin with a badass snipe not like 10 chapters ago

That was Sniper King clearly not Usopp :colbert:

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Usopp's fight in the next arc is the best fight in all of one piece, maybe.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Len posted:

My uncle works at Japan and he says Usopp is actually Sniper King, will be focus of next arc

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Some wacky fan-theories never die, no matter how easily debunked they may be.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bisse posted:

My uncle works at Japan and he says Usopp is actually Sniper King, will be focus of next arc

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

TheLoneStar posted:

No, none that have been confirmed. I hope that remains the case. An Emperor's crew that's as strong as they are with their natural abilities would be great.

It would also be a nice contrast with Blackbeard's crew with everyone and their grandmother trying to hunt down and steal Devil Fruits to cheese their way to victory.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

TheLoneStar posted:

No, none that have been confirmed. I hope that remains the case. An Emperor's crew that's as strong as they are with their natural abilities would be great.

I don't really agree. The feats of non users are just as absurd and over the top as DF users and people like Luffy work just as hard to make lamer fruits strong as hell. Like none of the other regular guys are working out like Zoro. And they'd all have super strong abilities that aren't from fruits but are indistinguishable from fruits if he went that route I suspect.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Chapter 1000 is pinkbeard showing up with Johnny and yosaku, jimbei was able to call the entire armada with big moms underwater snail system

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

skipmyseashells posted:

Chapter 1000 is pinkbeard showing up with Johnny and yosaku, jimbei was able to call the entire armada with big moms underwater snail system

I said it earlier but just like Linlin and her kids, Kaido and his smile users, I really hope the gimmick of Blakcbeards army is just 100s of subordinate captains with some sort of Beard name

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i dont see the appeal of a "non fruit crew". i find devil fruits one of the most fun part of the series

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

It would real god drat dumb for a crew to forego some of the strongest power-ups when they're vying for control of everything

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

tbp posted:

i dont see the appeal of a "non fruit crew". i find devil fruits one of the most fun part of the series

CP9 was pretty cool. I mean, a lot of them had fruits but only Kaku, Kalifa and maybe Blueno (since he mostly uses it to evade) had theirs function significantly differently than a straightforward power boost. One Piece has so much weird poo poo in it that at this point, having a crew of guys who just sold whatever fruits they found sounds more fascinating than even Kaido’s crew, because One Piece is a setting where even ignoring the Six Arts and the variants people like Sanji stumble into, you can make a heat seeking tornado by punching hard enough.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
What we need is more objects that ate devil fruits.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Huzzah! posted:

Have we seen one in awhile at this point?

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

Huzzah! posted:

I think explaining how the gently caress this actually works is the part I’m most anticipating from the eventual Vegapunk Devil Fruit loredump.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Huzzah! posted:

yes

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Guy A. Person posted:

Have we seen one in awhile at this point?

the most recent one i can think of is the tea kettle in wano that ate the tanuki fruit

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Ubiquitus posted:

It would real god drat dumb for a crew to forego some of the strongest power-ups when they're vying for control of everything

Wasn't No Devil Fruits Allowed basically the Roger Pirates whole schtick? Like, they had the option of getting free superpowers in exchange for their ability to swim and basically went "yeah no, not worth it".

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shanks and Buggy both think that losing the ability to swim is not worth the power Devil Fruits give you. This might even have been Roger's view on it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I mean, Franky is fruitless. There's a lot you can do with a no-fruit crew.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

can Franky swim either

.. he probably just turns into a boat, huh

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Franky specifically declined Luffy's offer to take Ace's fruit, because it would limit his ability to swim.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Tir McDohl posted:

Franky specifically declined Luffy's offer to take Ace's fruit, because it would limit his ability to swim.

Plot twist: Franky has had a devil fruit all along and just didn't tell anyone.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I would like yamato to join the straw hats, because he is cool

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Julias posted:

Plot twist: Franky has had a devil fruit all along and just didn't tell anyone.
I feel like there's something that Franky could do to his body to completely negate the side-effects of not being able to swim, like turn himself into a submarine somehow

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

grieving for Gandalf posted:

can Franky swim either

.. he probably just turns into a boat, huh

one of the last episodes i remember watching before switching to the manga was franky being introduced and falling into the water and someone goes "ah huuuh?? he doesn't have a fruit !!" because he could swim

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Franky needs to dive into the water to make repairs to the boat, so not being able to swim would be bad for him.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Franky can swim up waterfalls

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

I would like yamato to join the straw hats, because he is cool

Having Yamato in proximity to Sanji could be...awkward, though.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Silver2195 posted:

Having Yamato in proximity to Sanji could be...awkward, though.

That's fine, he can just kill and replace Sanji

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I know it's not likely, but I want Sanji to react to Yamato the way Sanji reacts to Luffy/Zoro.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Tbh I’m like 50% sure we’ll get exactly that; Sanji’ll just instantly realize that Yamato is a guy cause of his observation haki and then we’ll get a still not great scene of him hating on LGBT people, cause well Sanji.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I would love Yamato to join, and I could actually see it happen so that "Oden" could complete the voyage to Raftel that he was denied.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Forget objects, I want to see an abstract concept that ate a devil fruit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
We're at an impasse here. Jinbei, Law, and Carrot have been traveling or affiliated with the Straw Hats for over five years and Yamoto shows up and we're ready to put him on the crew too.