Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

redm posted:

lmao at anybody still surprised this is all going down the way it is

This kinda is how I imagined it'd go down, Trump is acting horribly but ineffectively and it doesn't bother his base one iota, they're falling deeper into unreality as it becomes clearer and clearer that Trump lost and can't possibly reverse the election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

SRQ posted:

I dispute this. Hutz is enormous malicious and vengeful and is only limited by his absolute complete incompetence and lack of drive.
He took money from a child who got hit by a car. He ran over a judges son (repeatedly).

E: Hutz would absolutely be on the GOP payroll suing the Springfield Elections Board with increasingly stupid and shameless reasoning and just asking for more money each time.

"What is Democracy, your honour? Websters defines it as government of the people. Of the people, your honour."
"I rest my case."

He also, in a rare case of actually winning for once, grifted Bart out of his substantial cash settlement related to the Krusty brand metal O injury.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Propaganda Hour posted:

He also, in a rare case of actually winning for once, grifted Bart out of his substantial cash settlement related to the Krusty brand metal O injury.

:kstare:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Where can I buy a shirt of that image of Trump blowing his brains out?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I keep picturing Trump being thrown out like Jazz in Fresh Prince.

Or better yet, run out of town on a rail like Homer Stokes.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

sigher posted:

Where can I buy a shirt of that image of Trump blowing his brains out?

https://www.merchbar.com/hard-rock-...EsaAh76EALw_wcB

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

redm posted:

lmao at anybody still surprised this is all going down the way it is

Is that a single person here?

Not sure who this is aimed at.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Brilliant, god bless.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Outrail posted:

Trump is still president

LOL
LOL!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

*does a shadow puppet with my dominant hand. You know, the one that looks like a dog*

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007
tbh the biggest thing since the election that's happened I wouldn't have predicted in a billion years is mega-chuds turning on Fox for more insane television programming. I thought fox news was their patron saint.

Anyway they'll probably all get over it in 3 weeks and be back lapping up fox and friends or whatever terrible poo poo is on fox that's not tucker or hannity

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Is there a "tired of this horseshit" thread? I was enjoying the constant loving nonsense until recently, now I'm just bored/tired beyond belief and depressed

Imagine being in the brain of his supporters. Thinking this is all by design. I seriously think that they must have been raised by abusive parents and think this is how adults behave.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Fake news, no one in Massachusetts would be caught dead at Boston Market. We go to Dunkin like everyone surrounding us.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

Sheriff Falc posted:

tbh the biggest thing since the election that's happened I wouldn't have predicted in a billion years is mega-chuds turning on Fox for more insane television programming. I thought fox news was their patron saint.

Anyway they'll probably all get over it in 3 weeks and be back lapping up fox and friends or whatever terrible poo poo is on fox that's not tucker or hannity

pigs need slop

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Is there a "tired of this horseshit" thread? I was enjoying the constant loving nonsense until recently, now I'm just bored/tired beyond belief and depressed

Don't worry! Just another sixty and change days to go.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

I dont think presidents ride around in convertibles anymore there was an, incident

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Zero VGS posted:

Fake news, no one in Massachusetts would be caught dead at Boston Market. We go to Dunkin like everyone surrounding us.

Let's add a new one to discuss

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Son of Rodney posted:

My currently prediction is thst trump will just slink out of the white house a few days before the official change, having taken some things thst were not his to take, and tweeting about bidens inauguration in full caps from mar a lago while nobody knew he wasn't going to be at the event. Maybe they'll send an intern out as lädt functioning trump staff member, awkwardly standing near Biden.

This is pretty much what I think will happen. He won't be there to be dragged out and he'll continue to scream about it until he gets booted from Twitter.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I've never seen a loving sweet potato pie in Oregon. get real.

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007

PTSDeedly Do posted:

pigs need slop

One of the things that is probably pretty obvious to other people but has always completely baffled me is how there seems to be a legitimate, and somewhat lucrative market in taking normal stuff that people in general enjoy (movies, music, social media, news yada yada) and making/marketing hyper right-wing versions of those things. Invariably, whatever it is feeds right into whatever persecution complex is hot right now and right wingers flock to that poo poo.

Parler / Newsmax / OAN is obviously the latest example. I just cant think of a market like that anywhere else in the world that will just so willingly consume / use something because it is a rejection of another product which has demonstrably higher quality but isn't specifically targeted at their community.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Sheriff Falc posted:

It's cool to think how there's no lid on how hosed up they are and the organisation famous for being insane and extremist was neither insane nor extremist enough for them. Do you think there were people that quit ISIS because they thought it was too liberal? I bet there were.

The Gripper
Sep 14, 2004
i am winner

Zero VGS posted:

Don't you fuckin' dare bring this back

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Sheriff Falc posted:

Remember hydroxychloroquine?

Chuds dont.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Fox News reaping what they sowed is probably my favorite turn of the narrative. They were probably the only ones who could quell all the madness, but instead chose to throw more fuel on the fire. Now the madness has spread and is well outside of their ability to control.

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009

This reminded me of 'suck my dick and choke on it. I yield my time. gently caress you'

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Bogus Adventure posted:

Let's add a new one to discuss

Where the gently caress is pumpkin, this is the most outrageous thing in this thread full of trump lols

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Could someone tell me what "sailor" refers to? I avoided this thread for 4 years because I couldn't take the stress.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Beachcomber posted:

Could someone tell me what "sailor" refers to? I avoided this thread for 4 years because I couldn't take the stress.

It is a potent memory charm

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Imagine being stuck in DT's secret service detail after he's out.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Avirosb posted:

Will they still have to protect him if he goes to jail? I know this won’t happen because hell world but curious

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Avirosb posted:

Don't the entire secret service have COVID? Sucks to suck for those folks.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1328801981222281216

PROMISES KEPT

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Is that a single person here?

Not sure who this is aimed at.

apologies

Grondoth posted:

The secret service being like "no we're not... gonna have to literally drag him out of there, the president always leaves. Right? That's not what we're gonna have to do. Right?" is amazing

Like it's coming down on them that Trump might be such an insane idiot that they may have to literally evict him and they don't know how to respond to questions like that anymore, cause you can't just handwave it when the president is firing people in charge of election security because they said the election was secure. There may have to be actual, serious discussions about what to do with a president who won't leave and its at the "nah, we won't have to... right?" stage

it was a general reaction to this post and as well all govt response to the several unprecedented historical events that have been taking place in the weeks since the election

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Sir John Falstaff posted:

Congrats, you're a fat cat

?

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Sheriff Falc posted:

Didn't Trump start criticising them long before, for being insufficiently obsequious? I wonder about Murdoch now, and if he's worried that his position as the dictator of public opinion is threatened by QAnon, social media and other things out of his control.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I mean Trump could bring in a bunch of proud boys or 3%ers to protect him, but that would pretty much just invite the USSS to react with force.

Legal Eagle has a vid about this
https://youtu.be/bnhF_Qw0dtk

He also talks about some instances where defeated officials did refuse to leave their residences.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

the writers were so extremely smart to bring Rudy to the forefront as a main character for the post-election legal meltdown plot. Foreshadowing him in the Borat movie was genius. God can you imagine if this was actually happening? Like the lawyer for the president of the united states claimed he didn't know what strictest scrutiny is? Truly fun to ponder upon what that would be like

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

King Vidiot posted:

They couldn't even come up with, like, "No mabarkey!" or "You ain't bark, Jack!"?

The Jeb-store used to have the "Please bark" anti bark collar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat

Holy poo poo it’s fat cat!
I went to (one of) his 7th birthday party!