Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

A New New York without a foul-mouthed, cigar smoking, beer swilling robot isn't a New New York worth living in.

e: 2 snipes tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

mrmcd posted:

Here are the other two lol

The last one there is actually well done, the first is kinda amateurish but not terrible. The one that started this all is still brain-melting though, there's something just slightly off about the exact way it's incoherent. Whoever compared it to the murals in the Denver airport was 1000% correct

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Crazycryodude posted:

The last one there is actually well done, the first is kinda amateurish but not terrible. The one that started this all is still brain-melting though, there's something just slightly off about the exact way it's incoherent. Whoever compared it to the murals in the Denver airport was 1000% correct

if I’m getting this right the weird one was the guy’s first time using photoshop instead of hand painting the whole thing.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

mrmcd posted:

i like the "oh poo poo the deadline is in 6 hours time to poo poo out something" energy on this one.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

mrmcd posted:

Cuomo has made, like, I think 3 insane posters including the covid one? Dude loves a good poster.

remember when he stapled all those donated covid masks to a board

icecream citadel
Nov 4, 2020

Filthy Hans posted:

It was Grey Poupon and Hannity chewed on that bone for like a week

Grey Poupon is a Kraft product and is made in the US

You can buy it at Walmart!

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

mrmcd posted:

social reforms reach new heights but lead to nowhere in Cuomo's NY

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I’m the monster of corruption, bureaucracy, and apathy, allowed to freely roam without issue in Cuomo’s ideal world.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Filthy Hans posted:

remember when he stapled all those donated covid masks to a board

lmao yes

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

mrmcd posted:

Dude loves a good poster.

poo poo, i didn't know that lib was into me

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Reminder that Mario Cuomo, the don of the Cuomo Family, ran against Ed Koch under the slogan Vote for Cuomo, Not the Homo. I'm sure he taught his boys well.

Then Cynthia Nixon used “vote for the homo, not the Cuomo” in 2018.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Once again I will ask politely, what the gently caress is this. I am legit triggered by whatever the gently caress this is supposed to be. It's so bad.

This is like the loving murals at the Denver Airport where you don't know what's going on but in your heart you feel something isn't right with whatever it is you're looking at.

the outline of the "mountain" is the shape of the COVID-19 cases when graphed out, and the rest of it is just "things that happened" while NY was dealing with that initial outbreak

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Kazzah posted:

Richard Dawkins getting all huffy about how Ahmed didn't really make a clock and telling people off for congratulating him

It really encapsulates what went wrong with the New Atheist movement.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

a fatguy baldspot posted:

why would she do that tho

warren claimed to support all the same reforms as bernie and the person she pretends to be would value those more than her naked personal ambition. also, they were friends before warren started trying to sabotage him with lies. heck, bernie turned around and did it for his good friend joe biden despite that friend being a hateful corporate-owned rapist. warren also supported biden even though her supposed progressive merits were based on opposing him.

but yeah, it's very silly to talk about hypotheticals that require warren to be an entirely different person.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AmyMcGrathKY/status/1304464600268705794

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

The Pete Buttigieg strike fund thing popped into my head randomly and made me laugh

https://twitter.com/GarbageApe/status/1183853449416527872?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw2XwKGy4xM&t=35s

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

So glad this lady ate poo poo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's really funny every time someone tries to use 'support are troops, meaning me, a troop' to run against a wealthy reptilian in an ill-fitting skin suit. how does someone get through serving in the military and not figure out that no one actually gives a poo poo about soldiers or veterans?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's really funny every time someone tries to use 'support are troops, meaning me, a troop' to run against a wealthy reptilian in an ill-fitting skin suit. how does someone get through serving in the military and not figure out that no one actually gives a poo poo about soldiers or veterans?

the only ones that get any respect in politics are astronauts

those people with their baggy suits and driving their ridiculous buggies and always loudly blaring their anthems, don't even get me started

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the only ones that get any respect in politics are astronauts

those people with their baggy suits and driving their ridiculous buggies and always loudly blaring their anthems, don't even get me started

i voted for bill nelson solely on that credential and i'm not ashamed of it.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/jonheyman/status/4789544183?s=21

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Platystemon posted:

It really encapsulates what went wrong with the New Atheist movement.

What went wrong, wasn't it racist movement from the beginning?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
yeah the New Atheist movement was an astroturfed attempt to create a pseudo-intellectual rationale for continuing the Iraq War and the GWOT in general

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

projecthalaxy posted:

This entire trend of libs having to be weirdly performatively horny for whoever the politician du jour is. Calf cramping and such.

People never seem to look on the bright side of horny is prohibited

vyelkin posted:

That time Obama got in a good zinger in a debate so conservative news media spent a week screaming about how horses and bayonets are essential to modern warfare

But, but the special forces!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Fish of hemp posted:

What went wrong, wasn't it racist movement from the beginning?

iirc there were parts of it that focused on domestic far-right christian political extremism, but those were p quickly silenced in favour of the usual suspects who were busy putting an intellectual veneer of rabid islamophobia

Cerebral Bore has issued a correction as of 12:23 on Nov 18, 2020

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Crazycryodude posted:

Private Military Contractors and the Professional Managerial Class both make me want to cauterize out my Primary Motor Cortex

If it makes you feel better, neuroecientists tend to abbreviate the primary motor cortex as M1

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mr. Lobe posted:

If it makes you feel better, neuroecientists tend to abbreviate the primary motor cortex as M1

That’s a supernova remnant, the greatest rocket engine ever built, Apple’s new laptop chip, a term from economics, a dozen motorways, a dozen cars to drive on them, a dozen railways they can’t drive on, murder in the first degree, and innumerable items of military materiel.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Wow

https://twitter.com/imitationjordan/status/1328876445603655681?s=21

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Platystemon posted:

That’s a supernova remnant, the greatest rocket engine ever built, Apple’s new laptop chip, a term from economics, a dozen motorways, a dozen cars to drive on them, a dozen railways they can’t drive on, murder in the first degree, and innumerable items of military materiel.

Thankfully none of those has ever come up in the many papers I've had to read on the subject

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
Anthony Weiner's entire fall from grace lmao

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Fluoride Jones posted:

Anthony Weiner's entire fall from grace lmao

Lol and how he took down Huma with him

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

Lol and how he took down Huma with him

And he helped take down Clinton in 2016 too lmao

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I was thinking the other day about whether a politician ever weaponized their own incompetence, and I suppose that’s as close as we’ll ever get

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
We stan a horny king

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
But her emails!

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

HNRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR WHAT THE gently caress

I know what will cheer you up and explain everything, six minutes of Cuomo talking about the poster! Maybe he explains why boyfriend cliff is here (he does not).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AROaMWGTXEo

DMCrimson has issued a correction as of 16:59 on Nov 18, 2020

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

frankenfreak posted:

But her emails!

I remember a good meme where it was a half submerged sign in a flood, the top part said "but her emails", and the bottom part underwater said something like, "reveal that she worked behind the scenes to boost Trump in the Republican primaries"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
When Biden camp pushed super hard for primaries during initial covid panic

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

El_Elegante posted:

I was thinking the other day about whether a politician ever weaponized their own incompetence, and I suppose that’s as close as we’ll ever get

trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde