Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

PringleCreamEgg posted:

A meteorite that spawned an electro cicin mage twice gave me the most trouble. Mostly because she just stayed outside the barrier hanging out rather than try to get me a few times.

The hardest one so far was like 2-3 of the pyro ninjas and a shitload of electric/fire grenadiers. The loving grenades never stopped, and also you can't hit the ninjas because even with them plainly visible the game randomly locks on to a different grenadier a mile away so you're swinging at nothing. I survived that with all my supports dead and also having to use two revives. At several points I just shielded up with Diona and ran around in circles because between them constantly backing up and every attack cranking them in the air they might as well have had four bosses' worth of hp each.

25 to go :bang:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Did the agents spawn at the same time? I had a meteor with one agent and two grenadiers, but they respawned immediately. The grenadiers gave almost zero salvage points, too

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Mailer posted:

Ok, forget saving up for Xiao. I'm all in on the guy from the new quest. No idea who he is or when he'll get put in the game, but the only thing cooler than having a cape is having a hat with a cape.

It's fairly likely that he's a Fatui harbinger, so I'd bet on him having a similar role to Childe in Inazuma. Therefore I'm making a wild guess that he'll be available in whatever patch finishes the Inazuma plot. June maybe?

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

S.J. posted:

There's gonna be a 5* cryo sword user samurai lady at some point and I assume that's where she's from

Ayaka, yes. I'm probably gonna save up for her, Zhongli is tempting but I really want weebwife, her world traversal is absolutely bonkers. Mona's ridiculous run speed and water traversal except also with ice, so she doesn't drown if she runs out of stamina while waterrunning, holy poo poo.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Two agents, then another one spawned when I killed them both. Three agents at once I just would have died. I already lost my supports to getting dashed during the stun from the character swap. While it was nowhere near as brutal, a fight against a ton of the hoarders punchyfist dudes was a clusterfuck because every time I dodged the camera immediately decided to lose its poo poo and spin me around. I'd usually eat an attack out of nowhere.

I do appreciate the effort put in to provide stuff to do, even if it's not core progression, but herding ranged units and all the lock on/camera weirdness just feels rear end. Hopefully the third part doesn't have the same jank mechanic.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

The more that I play of this event questline, the more that I hope it ends with Fischl being loaded into a ballista and fired into the sea.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Meteors are easy, just perma freeze everything with your Chongyun that also does increased damage :smug:

But in all seriousness, I'm really enjoying this event, from the amusing exposition quests to the generous amount of exp which I've already nearly eaten up getting the rest of my carries up to 80. I'm happy to see Fischl get screentime as well as more Mona. Hopefully Chongboi gets the spotlight if this arc does what I think will and leads up to going up the mountain.

They've set a pretty high standard for what I'm guessing is the interlude event between major versions.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Vargs posted:

The more that I play of this event questline, the more that I hope it ends with Fischl being loaded into a ballista and fired into the sea.

Mona not taking Fischl's poo poo was very refreshing.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
If Inazuma means fantasy Japan and fantasy samurai, all they need to do is announce an iai-stance character and I will scrimp and save every single primogem for that character.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Pierson posted:

If Inazuma means fantasy Japan and fantasy samurai, all they need to do is announce an iai-stance character and I will scrimp and save every single primogem for that character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEk9klkKObY

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Eeeeeeeeh, not weeb enough. If you can't hold the stance for a long time and counter enemies to death why even bother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxTM14CYK5k

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Fish is great

She just has no off button

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Helical Nightmares posted:

Mona not taking Fischl's poo poo was very refreshing.

Read Fischl's voiceovers in her profile. She thinks that Mona was left trembling in fear upon viewing her destiny.

It was because she was trying so very hard not to crack up laughing.

The hilarious part is that if the book series she's so chuuni about is relevant to the greater universe (and given the plot of the other Impact games there's like a non-zero chance that it's possibly either the story of Kiana, a hitherto unknown being, or the Traveler herself.) then it may be possible that Fischl chuuni'd so hard she warped reality into making her an incarnation of the actual Prinzessin der Verurteilung.

This is hinted at in her ascension items. You see, each of the elemental items relates to a possible take on a given personality trait that is dominant in the person. Water for instance relates to the purity of one's ideals and a devotion to see them through. Mona for instance represents her absolute devotion to prophecy. Barbara is reprsented her devotion to becoming an idol even though idol's are clearly from Alice/Klee's mom's world, who was isekai'd from another world. Meaning that no one even knows what an idol is in the alternate reality of Teyvat/Ark. Tartaglia/Childe is a darker take on that, what with his bloodthirstiness as well.

Electricity however represents royalty/nobility and a determination to make the world one's own. Meaning that the edgy book nerd edgy book nerded so hard that she may have actually gotten either reality or some being in charge of visions to acknowledge her as an incarnation of the very thing she was fawning over! The girl basically pulled a Morrowind and mantled her way to becoming a proto-goddess.

Failing that, Oz accidentally drops a line in the latest quest that says he's seen all this crap happen thousands of times before in relation to humanity falling. It's very much out of character given that he acts as translator for Fischl's insane dialogue and he snaps back into his usual self almost immediately afterwards in the next scene. Which is really weird.

Edit: Also, if you think Klee is bad then you should read up on the semi-hidden backstory of her mother Alice. Klee didn't get the explosion fanaticism from nowhere. Her mother does it a thousand times harder to the point that she's basically your archetypical isekai hero crossed with Megumin from Konosuba. Also, she may be the Crimson Witch referenced in the items. A title that is probably deserved, since she literally nuked some ruins straight out of existence in the past. Emphasis on nuke.

In addition to that, I think Barbara has a line where she mentions her being from a world that sounded suspiciously faux german, similar to Fischl's obsession. In fact, Alice gave Barbara an idol magazine from her world, giving her the idea to become one in the first place.

Pierson posted:

Between the upcoming Inazuma character and Keqing we literally have Vergil from Devil May Cry 3 in the game. In fact, there was a video posted on youtube recently that compares their animations.

Turns out they're almost exactly the same. Like, down to even the tiniest bits of detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgQ1e0zdoQA

Archonex fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Nov 18, 2020

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mailer posted:

Ok, forget saving up for Xiao. I'm all in on the guy from the new quest. No idea who he is or when he'll get put in the game, but the only thing cooler than having a cape is having a hat with a cape.

That's Scaramouche (do the fandango). He's apparently another Fatui Harbinger.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
In the quest where we meet Razor who’s the red knight he’s talking about?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Glazius posted:

Don't worry about missing a few single shards. They can be there as nice surprises for when you explore later. I used it as an opportunity primarily to take some weird paths to find unlooted treasure and mark down some of the specialties I haven't yet.

The event's moving on to a resin trial, where 20 gets you 35/40/45 star shards at level 55/65/75. That's basically a day's hard scavenging on less than a fragile resin worth. It looks like the shop works on the anemo/geo sigil principle, where there's more to get than you can spend on the limited items and you'll get some consolation cash for everything else.

What do I use the shards for? Buy up the exp books, then everything else, then the mona?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

In the quest where we meet Razor who’s the red knight he’s talking about?

Klee

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Ashenai posted:

Ayaka, yes. I'm probably gonna save up for her, Zhongli is tempting but I really want weebwife, her world traversal is absolutely bonkers. Mona's ridiculous run speed and water traversal except also with ice, so she doesn't drown if she runs out of stamina while waterrunning, holy poo poo.

Ayaka looks awesome. Bonus points for the anime click into the scabbard despite the sword floating magically on her back. I'm kind of sad that we'll probably get new cool characters every three weeks or whatever but they're meaningless unless you're whaling or willing to slowly grind both them and a team for them up over a year to replace the team(s) you blew all your initial resources on.

Edit: Unless she's 4* and has some support synergy. I just got the impression she'd be a 5* banner character.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

What do I use the shards for? Buy up the exp books, then everything else, then the mona?

Exp Books then Mora. Slivers are mostly worthless because you need multiple of the material that only drops from the bosses anyway.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Everything is about equally valuable imo. Your bottleneck for going 80-90 will be shards, you will have way too many of the boss materials, and getting 3 shards for less than 20 resin is amazing.

You want to buy out this entire shop as the rates on everything are ridiculous. I'm getting 110k mora for 20 resin when the normal rate is 60k and 11 purple books when the normal rate is 6.125. Spend fragile resin if you must (but only at the end of the event).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Nov 18, 2020

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Will the last part of the event reward this currency as well?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Scoss posted:

Between my two Claymore characters, Beidou and Noelle, who is more worth investment as a bread and butter dps character?
Noelle isn't a DPS until you have C6, she's a tanky healer until then

At less than C6 Noelle, if you specifically need a DPS, Beidou is the only option between those two (and she is very good and fun)

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Mailer posted:

Ayaka looks awesome. Bonus points for the anime click into the scabbard despite the sword floating magically on her back. I'm kind of sad that we'll probably get new cool characters every three weeks or whatever but they're meaningless unless you're whaling or willing to slowly grind both them and a team for them up over a year to replace the team(s) you blew all your initial resources on.

I don't think grinding up new anime husbandos will be all that bad once we've been at max world level with a maxed out A-team for awhile. The first few are slow going since you're spread out between so many and you're still rising in WL getting relatively poo poo amounts of resources.

Hell, I'm already feeling the pressure ease up at AR44 since it takes soooo long to hit AR50 that I'm just kind of idly sitting on the materials I need to upgrade my main team. Decided to max out Ningguang from scratch for some variety and it didn't pinch me much at all. Thinking about doing it to Diona or Bennett as well.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tamba posted:

Will the last part of the event reward this currency as well?
Actually... good point. I don't know if these meteorite points will disappear when part 2 goes live. Starting in five days there will be co-op quests for a separate kind of currency (and I assume quests will reward the new currency) but I don't know if these meteorite salvage points will still be around.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Seems unlikely. The Chapter 2 menu thing has Mona on it and she's the one that sends you to the salvage points. Chapter 3 probably is a new thing and Mona keeps doing this.

Now whether or not the co-op thing gives the lower currency as well as the higher, who knows.

Also I'm disappointed these don't count for the leyline battlepass weekly.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Does anyone know if any NPCs or otherwise mention a character named Rosalia? Dataminers have turned up the name as a new 4 star Cryo Polearm user, likely to be on the 1.2 banner, but there's no portrait or skill data yet, she doesn't seem to match any of the previously leaked models (most of which look more Liyue or Inazuma while Rosalia sounds like a more Monstadt name), and I've not heard her mentioned anywhere unlike characters like Albedo or Yaoyao (who have models and are mentioned in character profile dialogue) or the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor director Zhongli references (who has a leaked model).

There was another character who had a portrait but no model who looked like a knight of sorts, but she wasn't otherwise matched to Rosalia's datamined info. I'm guessing Rosalia is a Knight of Favonius or maybe a battle nun or something, but I'm curious if she's actually already been referenced in-game.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Vargs posted:

Hell, I'm already feeling the pressure ease up at AR44 since it takes soooo long to hit AR50 that I'm just kind of idly sitting on the materials I need to upgrade my main team. Decided to max out Ningguang from scratch for some variety and it didn't pinch me much at all. Thinking about doing it to Diona or Bennett as well.
yeah. I was crying about this very thing like 40 pages ago and since hitting AR43 or 44 it really stopped being an issue. I just maxed out Lisa yesterday because I was bored and I wanted to poo poo on Oceanid without having to pay attention

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
Just an FYI since it seems like you'll want to spend literally all of your resin on meteorites this week:

If you do each of the four leylines every day without claiming the rewards, starting today, you'll hit the 20 required for the BP on Sunday.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

AR44 is probably the most relaxed AR so far... I have six level 70+ ascended characters, I have six level 80 weapons, I've got lots of mora, everything seems fine, I'm not going to beat floor 12 or 9 star 10/11 any time soon so there's isnt any real abyss pressure, I feel pretty good.

I'm expecting AR45 to be different because suddenly I want to be farming artifacts every day by default and getting boss mats for Diona (for example) will directly be costing me 10 gold artifacts.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Nov 18, 2020

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Does Mona produce unlimited meteorites for you to harvest if you have enough resin, or it just one batch per area and you're done?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Seems unlimited so far. Just talk to her when you've cleared the ones on the map.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Huh. I've completed the Jean character quest, but apparently with the event the character quests are gone now. Shame, as I never did anything past Jean. :/

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm sure they'll be back. There's no way they deleted the mona and childe events after being up for a few weeks.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Nakar posted:

Does anyone know if any NPCs or otherwise mention a character named Rosalia? Dataminers have turned up the name as a new 4 star Cryo Polearm user, likely to be on the 1.2 banner, but there's no portrait or skill data yet, she doesn't seem to match any of the previously leaked models (most of which look more Liyue or Inazuma while Rosalia sounds like a more Monstadt name), and I've not heard her mentioned anywhere unlike characters like Albedo or Yaoyao (who have models and are mentioned in character profile dialogue) or the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor director Zhongli references (who has a leaked model).

There was another character who had a portrait but no model who looked like a knight of sorts, but she wasn't otherwise matched to Rosalia's datamined info. I'm guessing Rosalia is a Knight of Favonius or maybe a battle nun or something, but I'm curious if she's actually already been referenced in-game.

I'm sure I've seen mention of her from one of the NPCs in the church but I don't have any source to back that up.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Nakar posted:

Uh. I don't know much about Rosalia but there is a sister Rosaria that Fischl talks about. Also, her name is in along with the character opinion voiceovers for playable characters. So I assume that's her and there's a translation error somewhere or she's masquerading as a nun.

Long story short, Rosaria seems like either a very pious woman in the murderous "God shall smite thee, heathen!" sort of way. Or the very angry sort of way. Fischl hears her asking Venti/Barbatos to literally strike someone down for blasphemy or something. It's not made clear what provoked her, but it's a telling character bit. So if that's her she sounds like a very devout woman, as Fischl hilariously puts it a murder nun.

When I get a chance i'll check the other characters. I have a lot of the characters related to the church at near or total friendship it seems. So they may have a bit on them.

Edit: Barbara is...Interesting. Just going to try and roughly quote what she says here:

quote:

Sister Rosaria is hard to get to know, especially given she never joins in on prayers, but... Oh i'm sure she believes in the Anemo Archon! Although, I still don't really have the courage to try to talk to her...

She sounds like a very angry woman, if we assume Fischl's statement is related to Barbara's nervousness. Maybe her model is that leaked early CBT model that was a gothy looking woman that looked like a cross between 2B, a JRPG villain, and Fischl? She's one of the only models that hasn't been featured in the game prior to now. Unless that's supposed to be an early version of the female traveler in her dark queen/corrupted original traveler form that shows up in a cinematic. :shrug:

Edit 2: Okay, yeah. Her name is definitely Rosaria and not Rosalia. A whole bunch of characters have had quotes about her added in. Kaeya has quotes about her as well. And I imagine most of the other Monstadt city characters do as well.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Nov 18, 2020

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I can't believe how well Fischl's dialogue nails the "teenager who reads wordy fanfiction" vibe

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Amuys posted:

The main problem I see with the next banner is THREE greatsword users.

As someone who feels like greatsword is pretty much necessary and geo is bad at reactions, I honestly think that is the best part of the next banner.

I love Noelle, but man do I need that slot for another element.

Fischl and Sucrose are my favorites and Keqing is my only 5 star, but Geo/Electric/Electric/Wind seems like a pretty bad element spread.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

greatswords are OP and we need new enemy types that greatswords are weak to. There is just no downside atm. Swords are so much worse for no benefit.

Imo I would have preferred if stamina didn't recover or recovered more slowly during greatsword normals.

Captain France posted:

As someone who feels like greatsword is pretty much necessary and geo is bad at reactions, I honestly think that is the best part of the next banner.

I love Noelle, but man do I need that slot for another element.

Fischl and Sucrose are my favorites and Keqing is my only 5 star, but Geo/Electric/Electric/Wind seems like a pretty bad element spread.
The only two elements that really suck with each other are Geo and Anemo. This does to some extent encourage players to choose one and ignore the other. I don't have any geo users leveled and I'm more interested in leveling my second Anemo than my first Geo. I'm not sure what the solution is except making even more mechanics that encourage geo usage (so far ice cage does this and the fire spam aura does this).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 18, 2020

Archonex
May 2, 2012

So yeah. I was right that the leaked image from way back when was an early version of Rosaria. Though it appears they changed some details like her hair style.

Here's her model as of the last leak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bandaid.friend posted:

Cowardice. One of mine had a tiny arena and spawned nothing but cryo slimes in the rain

Same. After that when I encountered rain in one of the next ones, I waited alt-tabbed, reading stuff, until the rain stopped.

EDIT: Regarding the limited area, it's not much an issue for me, but I have Keqing who is pretty great for this. Her burst covers majority of the area, dealing with invisible agents, and it reaches outside of it even, allowing to hit enemies out of bounds.

Sanya Juutilainen fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 18, 2020