Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I skimmed the last few pages and didn't see anything, but my boyfriend has the Series X and like all of his Xbone games are almost immediately crashing whenever he starts them up. Weirdly enough, the only game that he can consistently play is Fallout 4. At first he was running his Xbone games off an external, so he thought that was the issue and he moved them over to the SSD. Then he thought maybe the install got corrupted in the move so he completely uninstalled and re-installed everything. He's up to date on his patches and may have fiddled with more configurations (I'm going to ask him when he wakes up), but everything he goes to play will boot up, go through the menus, and then will crash within like 5 minutes. Anyone know any fixes for that aside from just sending the console back to Microsoft? He's been all over reddit, but he's not getting much from there so I told him I'd ask here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Laserface posted:

Hot pursuit is 30fps it is not a burnout game despite being made by the burnout team.

It runs at 60fps on the One X and is very Burnout-y in my opinion. Granted the handling is more weighty but it still has good arcade handling, courses designed to accommodate that handling well and of course the big focus on takedowns which is basically what Burnout is all about. They just spiced it up a bit in Hot Pursuit with equipment to help, be it EMPs or spike strips or activating a turbo to ram someone so hard they instantly go flying.

If one of the big draws of Burnout was the crash mini-games however (I forget their exact name now) then yeah, nothing at all like that in Hot Pursuit.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I played MVC Infinite on gamepass and... it wasn't good. I can't explain why. I loved MVC2, MVC3, and really it was kind of just MVC3.5 but I just hated it. I dunno if I'm convinced that they can pull off MVC4 even if capcom is good again, I feel like every videogame Disney touches is poo poo

You might possibly like Dragonball FighterZ? It's 3v3 and as nuts as MvC can be while also being made by a great studio (Arc System Works - the team behind Guilty Gear) and looks incredible. It's Dragonball however which I couldn't blame someone for finding off-putting but as a fighting game it's apparently solid and what footage I've seen looks fantastic. Maybe check it out? I've been thinking of grabbing it myself because it looks wild.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Soysaucebeast posted:

I skimmed the last few pages and didn't see anything, but my boyfriend has the Series X and like all of his Xbone games are almost immediately crashing whenever he starts them up. Weirdly enough, the only game that he can consistently play is Fallout 4. At first he was running his Xbone games off an external, so he thought that was the issue and he moved them over to the SSD. Then he thought maybe the install got corrupted in the move so he completely uninstalled and re-installed everything. He's up to date on his patches and may have fiddled with more configurations (I'm going to ask him when he wakes up), but everything he goes to play will boot up, go through the menus, and then will crash within like 5 minutes. Anyone know any fixes for that aside from just sending the console back to Microsoft? He's been all over reddit, but he's not getting much from there so I told him I'd ask here.

Assuming he did a full system reboot I would contact MS support because that aint right

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

SUNKOS posted:

It runs at 60fps on the One X and is very Burnout-y in my opinion. Granted the handling is more weighty but it still has good arcade handling, courses designed to accommodate that handling well and of course the big focus on takedowns which is basically what Burnout is all about. They just spiced it up a bit in Hot Pursuit with equipment to help, be it EMPs or spike strips or activating a turbo to ram someone so hard they instantly go flying.

If one of the big draws of Burnout was the crash mini-games however (I forget their exact name now) then yeah, nothing at all like that in Hot Pursuit.

You might possibly like Dragonball FighterZ? It's 3v3 and as nuts as MvC can be while also being made by a great studio (Arc System Works - the team behind Guilty Gear) and looks incredible. It's Dragonball however which I couldn't blame someone for finding off-putting but as a fighting game it's apparently solid and what footage I've seen looks fantastic. Maybe check it out? I've been thinking of grabbing it myself because it looks wild.

I love DB FighterZ! Awesome game and yes captures the spirit of MVC totally. It's very good.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Barudak posted:

Assuming he did a full system reboot I would contact MS support because that aint right

Yea, he completely formatted the Series X at one point and that didn't fix it so I figured calling Microsoft would be the next step. For some reason he's really resistant to that (I think he thinks Microsoft is just going to have him mail it in and then lose it and/or send him another faulty one) but to me it really sounds like that's the only option he hasn't tried yet. Thanks for the confirmation.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Laserface posted:

Yeah that's right. I do own it, I just couldn't figure out why I wasn't playing it every day and this reminded me.

Hurry up and make B3 BC YOU COWARDS

Pretty sure Revenge was their "Here's Normal Burnout, now shut up" move. Hate to see it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
More Xboxes on the Microsoft store if you can manage to get through the error hell

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

hatty posted:

More Xboxes on the Microsoft store if you can manage to get through the error hell

They're back out of stock, looks like.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

hatty posted:

I'm still here at "place order" and even though I know in my heart they're all gone... I'm still spamming this poo poo to see!

edit: Estimated delivery date (no my order didn't go through... it's just on my "place order" page) is 12/23. Man some parents are gonna be sweatin' bullets this xmas

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Did they remove console streaming from the app? Tried it last night and could only do cloud streaming. Ended up trying out Madden's campaign. Way too much storyline, ended up falling asleep and missing kick offs.

Guacala
Jul 19, 2009

Walmart's website has "Available online only at 3 PM ET on Thu, Nov 19. While supplies last."

I wonder if I'll be fighting a bot to get one.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Guacala posted:

Walmart's website has "Available online only at 3 PM ET on Thu, Nov 19. While supplies last."

You know in your heart that you will. How has Walmart been about actually shipping consoles in a timely manner? Microsoft Store still has not shipped my console, I am thinking about maybe trying to get one from somewhere else and canceling my MS Store order.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Guacala posted:

Yeah I've tried a few times during their staggered releases... it's a nightmare and I got nothing.

Good luck!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Walmart is botcity

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I dont know about walmart's website but the microsoft's all acess page has (had?) a glitch I found by accident.
I was refreshing the page and the "order" button lights up as available for part of a second. If you clicked it during that very short window it would actually take you into the order form.
From there you can flll out the page, and try to place an order, but it would struggle to get through the order process. That's how I got in, and then I eventually got the letter that says "oh we see you filled out the application but couldn't complete the purchase, we will send you an invite to order" and that's how I got mine on launch day.

I'm sure they have fixed it by now, because I explained it to the Microsoft people and showed them how it works in the chat thing but it might be worth a shot.

frankly I wish major retailers would take the step to put a captcha or something on orders of these things to prevent bot purchases. It's ruining the ability to buy things and fueling the scalper markets for everything from Xboxes to sneakers.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

otter posted:

frankly I wish major retailers would take the step to put a captcha or something on orders of these things to prevent bot purchases. It's ruining the ability to buy things and fueling the scalper markets for everything from Xboxes to sneakers.

Agreed. It would even make business sense because bots don't make additional purchases on impulse.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:mad:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Alright! Managed to secure an order on the Polish MS webshop. I'm not from Poland though, expected delivery is 23 Nov.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Has anyone tried one of those PS3/4 to Xbox One usb controller adapters?
I want to use my Real Arcade Pro stick on my XsX to play MK11, and don't want to shell out $150+ for a new stick.
So options are $35 for a USB adapter that might work or $55 for a Mayflash F300 stick?

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Digital Foundry did a comparison vid of AC: Valhalla:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzaSrS1fsvc

PS5 is performing 15-20% better than XSX in some instances.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ubisoft is total trashfire right now.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Other than some weird vsync tearing issues it seems largely isolated to some particular situations so hopefully something strange with how they implemented a feature on the XSX that can get sorted out there. The Xbox versions seem buggier in general so will be interesting to revisit after a patch or two.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Adaptabullshit posted:

Digital Foundry did a comparison vid of AC: Valhalla:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzaSrS1fsvc

PS5 is performing 15-20% better than XSX in some instances.

It looks like in some cases, Valhalla has much better texture quality and detail on PS5.

Also feeling a little smug that I can say that load times on my PC are 5 - 7 seconds faster.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 18, 2020

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

otter posted:

Has anyone tried one of those PS3/4 to Xbox One usb controller adapters?
I want to use my Real Arcade Pro stick on my XsX to play MK11, and don't want to shell out $150+ for a new stick.
So options are $35 for a USB adapter that might work or $55 for a Mayflash F300 stick?

i use the 8bitdo one that does xbox/ds4 on switch and it adds no lag for my panthera or te2 sticks so im sure the one that converts to xbox is fine too

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I said come in! posted:

It looks like in some cases, Valhalla has much better texture quality and detail on PS5.

Also feeling a little smug that I can say that load times on my PC are 5 - 7 seconds faster.
You should never feel smug about playing a Ubisoft game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

American McGay posted:

You should never feel smug about playing a Ubisoft game.

Okay fair, Valhalla is the worst of the three current AC games anyways.

Guacala
Jul 19, 2009

I said come in! posted:

You know in your heart that you will. How has Walmart been about actually shipping consoles in a timely manner? Microsoft Store still has not shipped my console, I am thinking about maybe trying to get one from somewhere else and canceling my MS Store order.

Our local walmart says you have to order it online and come in to pick it up. I wonder if they end up shipping them out of the store if a bot gets it or if it's in-store pickup only.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If you're still trying to get one of these you should absolutely be watching Target/Walmart/BestBuy for when units go available for local pickup. They sell out in 5 minutes instead of 30 seconds but at least you don't have to deal with bots, just your neighbors.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Is there any indication that leaving room on the drive for cacheing and stuff is advantageous or can I just fill this thing up.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The drive already has ~160GB of untouchable space presumable used for cacheing and quick resume.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

American McGay posted:

The drive already has ~160GB of untouchable space presumable used for cacheing and quick resume.

Right on. I think modern ssds are over-provisioned enough that you don’t have to worry about it anyways? I’ve always wondered about that.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

So dumb question, for NON enhanced xbone games running on the series x, does it add stuff other than just better load times/framerates? I swear that reflective surfaces look way better on untouched xbone games but I guess apparently completely missed that being a discussion item?

What enhancements are there for games that don't have an "optimized" version? Is this some auto HDR style wizardry?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I think the only enhancements for unpatched games are autoHDR, higher resolution (if the game supports resolution scaling) and improved frame rates (if the game supports unlocked frame rates).

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Maneki Neko posted:

So dumb question, for NON enhanced xbone games running on the series x, does it add stuff other than just better load times/framerates? I swear that reflective surfaces look way better on untouched xbone games but I guess apparently completely missed that being a discussion item?

What enhancements are there for games that don't have an "optimized" version? Is this some auto HDR style wizardry?

If the game has a dynamic resolution, the Xbox Series X should peg it at the upper limits most if not all the time. That could make reflections look better than you are accustomed to.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Maneki Neko posted:

You get 16x anisotropic filtering on all textures also which can vastly improve the appearance of textures particularly at very oblique angles so roads etc. going into the distance will look much better, that additional detail could be what you are seeing?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion both look like dogshit, graphically.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion both look like dogshit, graphically.

Watch Dogs has pretty nice environments but awful looking characters.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

It runs at 60fps on the One X

weird, I looked up if NFS: HP was 30 or 60fps for one X when it was announced and a few sources said it was 30fps and 60fps was PC only. I might give it a go in that case. cant be any worse than NFS Heat (which is 30fps)

still is not a burnout game though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

Can't speak for Legion, but totally disagree with Valhalla looking bad. Once you get into England, the world is really pretty especially with HDR enabled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I love DB FighterZ! Awesome game and yes captures the spirit of MVC totally. It's very good.

Dbfz is alright but the real New Marvel is Power Rangers. It fuckin slaps AND has great netcode with cross platform play on literally every platform. Including joke platform Stadia.

https://youtu.be/8JeN-42_ICc

It’s fuckin sick