Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I've been using Fish, Diluc, Chong, and Barbara for the entirety of the game, but I'm starting to realize that Barb is not a great choice because I almost never need the sheer amount of heals she provides

I do have Jean, is she a better slot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Same. After that when I encountered rain in one of the next ones, I waited alt-tabbed, reading stuff, until the rain stopped.
There's a clock button in the menu that will pass time in-game - waiting 24 hours will usually make the rain go away.

Squiddycat posted:

I've been using Fish, Diluc, Chong, and Barbara for the entirety of the game, but I'm starting to realize that Barb is not a great choice because I almost never need the sheer amount of heals she provides

I do have Jean, is she a better slot?
I hate to say it but Jean is just plain superior to Barbara. Same auto attack effect but scales on ATK and is always on, E that is useful and not suicide vs ice and actually builds ult, cheaper ult that does a lot of damage + does exactly what Barbara's ult does.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Archonex posted:

She sounds like a very angry woman, if we assume Fischl's statement is related to Barbara's nervousness. Maybe her model is that leaked early CBT model that was a gothy looking woman that looked like a cross between 2B, a JRPG villain, and Fischl? She's one of the only models that hasn't been featured in the game prior to now. Unless that's supposed to be an early version of the female traveler in her dark queen/corrupted original traveler form that shows up in a cinematic. :shrug:
Yeah, this is supposedly her. Has the Cryo Vision and everything.

Kaeya posted:

Ahaha, you want to know about the secrets of Sister Rosaria? That... I cannot tell you. Though my impression is not bad — certainly better than a certain someone whose name I won't bother to mention. She's honest with herself. She casts off that which she has no time for and she doesn't feign motivation for affairs that do not interest her.
Based on what Jean says, she's a nun who hates doing any of her duties except smiting heathens. A Sister of Battle basically.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I just pulled Qiqi. Is she a healer? Does she replace Barbara? I don’t have any other cryo characters except for Kaeya and I haven’t leveled him up.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Boris Galerkin posted:

I just pulled Qiqi. Is she a healer? Does she replace Barbara? I don’t have any other cryo characters except for Kaeya and I haven’t leveled him up.
Yes and yes.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

man getting characters to 90 is going to be pretty brutal

Arleneth
Apr 28, 2010

Nakar posted:

Jean says, she's a nun who hates doing any of her duties except smiting heathens. A Sister of Battle basically.

The Church of Favonius is a church to the god of freedom, wine, and song. What heathens even exist for that? Does she just go down the street and fistfight the Fatui?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Arleneth posted:

The Church of Favonius is a church to the god of freedom, wine, and song. What heathens even exist for that? Does she just go down the street and fistfight the Fatui?

She fistfights Diluc for not liking booze

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Boris Galerkin posted:

She's a healer who won't make you hate yourself the moment an ice enemy shows up

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
https://twitter.com/genshinimpact/status/1329051330757816321?s=21

Hopefully they fix the dialog for the after battle also because it’s badly translated which is why people are seeing it inconsistent with his story quest and character profile.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's a good change. That fight scales with your AR and some casual players could get completely stuck on it (I'm certain they have data to back this up), it was 5x harder than any other main storyline content. I don't think the change affects the weekly boss fight.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

theblackw0lf posted:

https://twitter.com/genshinimpact/status/1329051330757816321?s=21

Hopefully they fix the dialog for the after battle also because it’s badly translated which is why people are seeing it inconsistent with his story quest and character profile.

They better give primos, but only to those who got gud enough to do it the first time around

kater
Nov 16, 2010

More things like the anemo slimes that swords and bows can pierce would be cool.

I don’t know if claymores can also pierce them they prolly can fuggin claymores.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol, I appreciate in the latest quest they just acknowledge "yo, check out how crazy and unique this dude's outfit is, he'll be a five star"

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

Avynte posted:

lol, I appreciate in the latest quest they just acknowledge "yo, check out how crazy and unique this dude's outfit is, he'll be a five star"

Well if that is indeed Scaramouche, it would imply that the Fatui are a multinational force, which has some pretty interesting implications.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Haha, it sure is cool when a meteorite spawns electro and geo Fatui, you're not running any ice characters, and the caster refuses to actually come inside the circle so you can hit him with your claymore. :shepface:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Still can't get over how what's shaping up to be the most profitable and popular gacha game on the market is a Husband game.

Dudes Rock.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Arleneth posted:

Given some of Kaeya remarks and the timid way other folks tiptoe around the subject of her, this appears to be exactly what she does. She does what she wants because she wants to do it. Basically, she's taking the whole "You're free to do what you want." thing to the logical conclusion when a bunch of assholes show up in the city looking to hijack her god. Which is hand out an rear end whooping or a verbal slapping at the least. Which may explain the whole "Barbatos is going to smite the poo poo out of you." comment that Fischl overheard. Alternatively, she could just be your typical radical fundamentalist. Time will tell. :shrug:

Given what little we know of her though she sounds like the kind of person that'd reply to the Knights of Favonius fumble-fingering the Fatui situation and wanting everyone to just take it easy in their take on the Monstadtatian way with something like "Well that's nice. I'm a devotee of the god of freedom too. And it is my wish to express that freedom with violence. :black101: Now, bear witness to the sight of me beating these crooked assholes senseless in the name of Lord Barbatos.".

So basically she's literally a Sister of Battle crossed with Monstadt's religion. Or a murder nun. She's even rocking a gothy look that just screams "I'm going to kill the poo poo out of you.".

TL;DR: She actually sounds pretty hilariously awesome. Just some crazy nun that doesn't bother to show up for prayers because she's too busy doing things like fist fighting the grand master of the Favonius knights over not liking beer and being out in the street punching shifty 007 and KGB type superpowered spies in the face in the name of FREEDOM Barbatos.

Edit: Since the image didn't load properly on the last page here's what she looks like. Pardon if it's a lower quality image. Had to make do since the other image won't load.

Tell me that is the look of a loving and gentle nun given over to pacifism. I mean, just try.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 18, 2020

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Why do people think that’s scaramooche?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the leak of his model a few weeks ago named him and also gave his element/weapon combo

granted we already had one Albedo leak with an incorrect weapon type so any or all of that could be false. Scaramouche is at least mentioned by Fatui NPCs, though it doesn't look like Childe has a line related to him

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm just waiting for them to make a geo claymore character. The one claymore to rule them all.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm just waiting for them to make a geo claymore character. The one claymore to rule them all.

Noelle is extremely needs suiting.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Still can't get over how what's shaping up to be the most profitable and popular gacha game on the market is a Husband game.

Dudes Rock.

loving the brave new world where I am directly pandered to at every opportunity but my gems are hurting

*edit* drat the leaked Albedo info looks really interesting, the interplay of his skill and burst is basically melee Ningguang but tons of AoE

YES bread fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 18, 2020

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Cattail Prophet posted:

Haha, it sure is cool when a meteorite spawns electro and geo Fatui, you're not running any ice characters, and the caster refuses to actually come inside the circle so you can hit him with your claymore. :shepface:

Preaching to the choir. Also shout out to getting knocked out of the circle for 1 second and all your progress is wiped. I think I’m just going to do a lower difficulty for those ones so I can get them over with.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Dudes Rock.

what does "Husband game" mean please

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

Well you see. It's a game, where all the units theyre pumping out are cute guys, rather than cute girls like every other gacha game that exists besides the one bara game with the dudes with gigantic packages.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Osmosisch posted:

Noelle is extremely needs suiting.

I can't believe I forgot Noelle. I'm a fraud. I'm a joke. Don't look at me.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

a colloquial term for character-collection games like this is "wife/waifu collector" because the majority of units are girls and women and the showcase/limited units will skew that way as well. Genshin is unusual both for starting off with a decent number of dudes and for lining up a lot of limited banners where the star character is a guy, hence "husband game"

YES bread fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 18, 2020

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Well you see. It's a game, where all the units theyre pumping out are cute guys, rather than cute girls like every other gacha game that exists besides the one bara game with the dudes with gigantic packages.

Technically there are still more playable waifus than husbandos. I want someone who is Draff but has his clothes taken to anime extreme like Kaeya's. I'm talking cat ear dude with sweet facial hair.

Also no more tiny people my team has Klee and Diona now and it's just great when I'm walking in waist deep water and swap to Diona and suddenly I'm swimming and can't switch back.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
yeah Genshin is like 1/3rd dudes currently but that is still an incredibly dude-favored ratio compared to a lot of gacha that aren't specifically targeting a female audience. and sometimes, well, it throws people off

https://twitter.com/4Ab1t/status/1328247742364221440

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Technically there are still more playable waifus than husbandos. I want someone who is Draff but has his clothes taken to anime extreme like Kaeya's. I'm talking cat ear dude with sweet facial hair.

Also no more tiny people my team has Klee and Diona now and it's just great when I'm walking in waist deep water and swap to Diona and suddenly I'm swimming and can't switch back.

At least one more, I need full team so the fourth member doesn't look like kindergarten teacher.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

YES bread posted:

yeah Genshin is like 1/3rd dudes currently but that is still an incredibly dude-favored ratio compared to a lot of gacha that aren't specifically targeting a female audience. and sometimes, well, it throws people off

That reminds me, one of the scenes from the first part of the event subjected us to several seconds of Paimon rear end, and I really don't know how to feel about that.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Dammit I broke my pity way early and now I have a Childe to build up. This is dumb, I'm already sorted for dps, I just wanted C1 on Diona, or failing that get a Beidou for fun big crits. I don't even have a weapon I can give him, stringless is already glued to Fischl. Guess I should craft the prototype.

Also it feels very petty to complain about this. My f2p luck had been rather good or so it feels.

Also, on a more positive note, got the wife and kids into the game so now we take turns rolling around each other's world as a 4-person murder squad :3:

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

YES bread posted:

Box Box more like...uh...Owned Owned

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

At least one more, I need full team so the fourth member doesn't look like kindergarten teacher.

Actually now I'm seeing that as the ideal team. Come along children, there are hillichurls to slay!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

YES bread posted:

a colloquial term for character-collection games like this is "wife/waifu collector" because the majority of units are girls and women and the showcase/limited units will skew that way as well. Genshin is unusual both for starting off with a decent number of dudes and for lining up a lot of limited banners where the star character is a guy, hence "husband game"

It seems kind of unusual for the genre that first four chase characters (wind twink, gremlin terrorchild, ginger dreamboat, and hunky geo daddy) are entirely waifu free

it's also really nice that the appropriate character design and portrayal means that I don't feel like I belong in pervert jail every time Klee or Qiqi are onscreen

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They are only balancing the scale since 4/5 standard 5* units the game launched with were girls. We are still 3/8 of in game 5* being males. So Zhongly, Xian, and Albedo can come out and they'd just be slightly above the average number of 5* and chances are Inazuma is going to be girl heavy.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Dudes Rock.

Please give me a hairy beast of a dude. He can be swole, heavy, slim I don’t care. Just make him a hairy man.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

everything hinges on the Varka reveal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

CubeTheory posted:

Box Box more like...uh...Owned Owned

doesn't boxbox like, actually do crossplay sometimes though? poetic if so. or am i thinking of someone else.