Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

need Vaati to weigh in on this before i transcribe it in the lore google doc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Okay can get maria into phase 3 pretty reliably now just her huge range in that phase gives me no space to heal and I panic and die everytiem lol

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m still playing SOMA because while I do think it’s a bad horror game the sci-fi stuff is pretty good but there’s a couple things I really don’t enjoy:

1. All the parts on the ocean floor are really boring and poo poo
2. I played on normal mode because goons said it was better but I really wish I’d played on safe mode and you can’t change it in the middle of a game. Getting caught is just really annoying and tiresome

I recently finished it and agree with both of these. If I could have switched to safe mode midway through I would have. Once you get caught the first time the initial stress of avoiding the monsters is gone and it's just irritating afterwards. I didn't explore those areas as thoroughly as I would have liked because of it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

fridge corn posted:

Okay can get maria into phase 3 pretty reliably now just her huge range in that phase gives me no space to heal and I panic and die everytiem lol

Don't forget to check your ammo count lol

https://twitter.com/cleargatewest/status/966201120900173831

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Lol nice save

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I'm watching a video about Hollow Knight atm (The Completionist video, incidentally), and gently caress it makes me want to go back and play it again to get everything (or, almost everything). I don't have time for this, brain!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

When I gave my brother my PS4 I wanted to lend him some games to play and give him some classics so i started him out with TLOU and Last Guardian. The funny thing is he, someone who only rarely plays games and it's usually just tiger woods (the only thing he's played on the Xbox I gave him a year ago) has been asking about Death Stranding for over a year now. Like, he's just fascinated by it like I have never seen him with a game. Obviously I lent it to him but I'm skeptical he's not going to be annoyed by it. Although who knows, he said he's looking for slow stuff to chill out with and has no interest in FPS games or anything so maybe he'll love it. Curious to see how this pans out. I kept telling him to try TLOU first but he's just like, "no most of the reason I want this is Death Stranding" and I'm like ok then have at it.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Ugh miles Morales is so freaking good

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How far through SOMA am I if I’m outside Omicron (Persei 8)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

How far through SOMA am I if I’m outside Omicron (Persei 8)

2/3rds roughly

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Simone Magus posted:

Ugh miles Morales is so freaking good
Is it worth full price or is it a wait for sale? I'll probably wait for sale anyway lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s... not full price

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

Thanks to whoever let me know that Frostpunk was good, it is in fact really, really good. Beat the main campaign a couple of nights ago, the game had a really good way of throwing you complete curve balls just when you think you're community is ticking away smoothly. You're constantly forced to adapt your plans and economy to deal with the poo poo it keeps throwing at you and then there's a really intense nail biting conclusion. I think the way they've managed to think of a way to put an effective end boss in a city building sim is pretty clever too.

Would recommend. Was a really well made port to console and I hope they release the DLC for PS4

fridge corn posted:

On the bright side it's one of the best fights in the game/Soulsborne series so the more you get to do it the better.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Star Wars Squadrons is adding the best Star Wars ship to the game.....the TIE Defender. And also the B-Wing.

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-squadrons-to-add-fan-requested-b-wing-tie-defender-new-map-in-holiday-updates

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

PROTIP: To defeat the Taurusdemon, shoot at it until it dies.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Miles Morales is 5/6 of the price of Peter Parker...

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Rageaholic posted:

Is it worth full price or is it a wait for sale? I'll probably wait for sale anyway lol

I think it's worth 50 bucks. I'm not even done with it and I can already say it's worth 50. But I mean it is the same map and engine so I guess it depends how willing you are to be down with that

The Christmas themed NYC looks dope though, it's a great time of year to play it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I've had all this extra unallotted time recently from failing to get a new console and consequently I've made progress painting again!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Miles Morales is 5/6 of the price of Peter Parker...

Hey, it's progress

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
If you buy Miles Morales and Bugsnax it's less than cost of 1.5 normal games

That's a good deal

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
ok I’m in the Tau station and this monster thing is taking the absolute loving piss now tbh

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I've had all this extra unallotted time recently from failing to get a new console and consequently I've made progress painting again!

hell yeah bro

quarantine has been really good for me creatively, I’ve been a lot more focused on making music in the last few months. then the piss5 had to go and gently caress that all up

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Eat My Ghastly rear end posted:

hell yeah bro

quarantine has been really good for me creatively, I’ve been a lot more focused on making music in the last few months. then the piss5 had to go and gently caress that all up

I've been really distracted the entire time. Mostly it was all my energy into making covid masks for the first few months, then endless protests during the summer, and by the time the wildfires were over I was feeling extremely traumatized, fogbrained, and generally physically unwell, and everything was about the election and mutual aid. By the time that was over I started to worry about bullshit console anxiety and started losing sleep and just went catatonic, but nothing to occupy my time with worry at the moment so I might as well paint, shitpost, and finish a few books.

Thanks for listening thread. Yesterday I played Spelunky 2 for like 5 hours straight.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Mostly it was all my energy into making covid masks for the first few months, then endless protests during the summer

this is fuckin rad tho

gently caress video games, I’m hanging out in my synth cave the rest of the night

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Eat My Ghastly rear end posted:

gently caress video games, I’m hanging out in my synth cave the rest of the night

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

:frogsiren: :catdrugs: :frogsiren:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Has anyone played the DOOM Eternal DLC? Is it worth the money? Kinda hoping it sucks so I don't need to drop $30 on the season pass.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It’s not strictly PS4 related but last night I found out that a downloadable PSP game I owned was discontinued on the PS store, including removing it from my download list so I couldn’t download it again. I didn’t think that was something that Sony would do, other than for free stuff like demos. Are there other games like that?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Samurai Sanders posted:

It’s not strictly PS4 related but last night I found out that a downloadable PSP game I owned was discontinued on the PS store, including removing it from my download list so I couldn’t download it again. I didn’t think that was something that Sony would do, other than for free stuff like demos. Are there other games like that?

Are you trying to download it on a Vita, or something else? I remember one PSP game I have becoming de-listed and vanishing off the Vita download list, but it still was on the PS3 download list so I was still able to get it to my vita

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Gutcruncher posted:

Are you trying to download it on a Vita, or something else? I remember one PSP game I have becoming de-listed and vanishing off the Vita download list, but it still was on the PS3 download list so I was still able to get it to my vita
Vita TV actually. I guess I’ll try it that way.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

popped on bloodborne again after a ~2 month break. defeated the spider thing with lots of babies, the vomity thing with bell-ringing witches, and then amygdala (whose name i only remember bc i needed an online map to get through the nightmare frontier)

i feel like i've done so much in this game but really have no idea how much is left. trophy progression says i'm like ~25% through so i feel like there's a poo poo ton left which feels pretty exhausting more so bc of the level design than the difficulty anymore

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Star Wars Squadrons is adding the best Star Wars ship to the game.....the TIE Defender. And also the B-Wing.

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-squadrons-to-add-fan-requested-b-wing-tie-defender-new-map-in-holiday-updates

Holy poo poo, The Tie Defender, yes. Tie Fighter is one of the first games i ever played growing up, so it's weird seeing a small monthly update give me goosebumps

Well i beat Mortal Shell. For it's absolute grim setting it does look good. It takes some getting used to, just pretend the Hardening feature is your dark souls 100% Physical shield that you can only enable a few seconds. The game needs some more enemy variety, and the areas you have to brave through after the bosses kinda pissed me off, on account of barely seeing what was in front of me

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Nov 19, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

gently caress, I should just pull the trigger and buy this game

Edit:
kid me was like, OMG so many wings

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ShoogaSlim posted:

popped on bloodborne again after a ~2 month break. defeated the spider thing with lots of babies, the vomity thing with bell-ringing witches, and then amygdala (whose name i only remember bc i needed an online map to get through the nightmare frontier)

i feel like i've done so much in this game but really have no idea how much is left. trophy progression says i'm like ~25% through so i feel like there's a poo poo ton left which feels pretty exhausting more so bc of the level design than the difficulty anymore

You’re pretty far in. Depends if you have the DLC or not (and you should get it if not, it’s fantastic). Have you been to Cainhurst? If not look that bit up

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I wonder if the B wing is going to be hell to get through all those narrow gaps in space debris and stuff because one side sticks way the hell out relative to the cockpit. Or will they just fudge that part somehow?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

When will they add that workhorse of a starfighter... the Z-95 Headhunter

Anyway the best ship in the entire series was the Missile Boat, where the designers went "gently caress it, i dunno just let it hold 50 torpedoes"

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShoogaSlim posted:

I get these posts now! :D

Do not worry you are quite a way in and have done a couple of toughies! (The bell-ringing witches were the third boss I faced after Father Gasqweegs). I promise there are a couple of really special moments still to come!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Reason 79 to softmod your system.

the Paper
Aug 12, 2003

SUP GANGSTA BRUTHAS. I BE DA BIGGEST PIMP IN DA HOOD
The way Patches pronounces Amygdala is grating and Wrong, but maybe that was the joke all along. Patches strikes again.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Vita TV actually. I guess I’ll try it that way.

You gotta hack that VITA TV, it's absolutely insane how much you can do with it with just a few hours of work and a €4 adapter.