Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Its national princess day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reHCNzk5rEs

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

this is the best version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdvHYvjtGvc

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

That does Lucas dirty, he's easily the most explicitly anticapitalist of the bunch, what with capital encroaching upon his agrarian communist town and destroying everyone's lives through mass media, privatization, and commodification

Also his mom was killed by the military industrial complex

The entire game is him fighting back against these forces

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

donkey kong is an anprim

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Yes... ha ha ha... YES!

tl;dr: Cross-posts from the Climate Change thread where I'm in the bargaining phase, pitching consolidation of global population to 'life boat' regions.

Accretionist posted:

We are on track for ~+5C -- so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWoiBpfvdx0

Man-made horror beyond comprehension.

Accretionist posted:

Start at 7:00 and tell me want can't fit 1,000,000,000 people around the Great Lakes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGVBv7svKLo&t=420s

Standard microdistrict: 20,000 citizens in 10 - 60 hectares

Let's use the middle: 30 hectares.

1,000,000,000/20,000*30 = 1,500,000 hectares

According to WolframAlpha, 1,500,000 hectares converts to 5,792 sq mi.

5,792 sq mi.

Michigan's upper peninsula is 16,452 sq mi.

ONE BILLION YOOPERS

Mua ha ha

This is much more ethical than mass murdering the externally displaced at the borders and leaving the internally displaced to favelas.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Accretionist posted:

Cross-posts from the Climate Change thread where

no thank you

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Wario and Yoshi should be flipped this does not respect the traditional canon of the alignment chart this is bullshit

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Wario and Yoshi should be flipped this does not respect the traditional canon of the alignment chart this is bullshit

doesn't wario own a factory? he should also be lawful evil

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

as the only canonical hoarder of currency im sure wario is wealthier than the princess at this point

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Kinda sad we won't live long enough to see the crazy megacities and poo poo of the climate apocalypse, kinda happy I was born early enough to spend lots of time in nature and around wildlife

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
can someone link the Alex Jones communists video again? the one where the IWW bounces him and he flees in his car

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Wheeee posted:

Kinda sad we won't live long enough to see the crazy megacities and poo poo of the climate apocalypse, kinda happy I was born early enough to spend lots of time in nature and around wildlife

can’t tell if you’re being overly optimistic with that first bit

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

indigi posted:

can’t tell if you’re being overly optimistic with that first bit

Kowloon had a certain charm to it if you don't look very closely and hit yourself in the head with a hammer

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

The Saucer Hovers posted:

as the only canonical hoarder of currency im sure wario is wealthier than the princess at this point

uhh, Mario collects coins which give him life???

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

In a room sit three great individuals, Princess Peach, Priest Toad, and Wario with his gold. Between them stands Mario, a little man of common birth and no great mind. Each of the great ones bids him slay the other two. ‘Do it,’ says Princess Peach, ‘for I am your lawful ruler.’ ‘Do it,’ says Priest Toad, ‘for I command you in the name of the gods.’ ‘Do it,’ says Wario, ‘and all this gold shall be yours.’ So tell me – who lives and who dies?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Wheeee posted:

In a room sit three great individuals, Princess Peach, Priest Toad, and Wario with his gold. Between them stands Mario, a little man of common birth and no great mind. Each of the great ones bids him slay the other two. ‘Do it,’ says Princess Peach, ‘for I am your lawful ruler.’ ‘Do it,’ says Priest Toad, ‘for I command you in the name of the gods.’ ‘Do it,’ says Wario, ‘and all this gold shall be yours.’ So tell me – who lives and who dies?

amazing chest ahead, therefore, try using both hands

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Jabberlock posted:

uhh, Mario collects coins which give him life???

look BUDDY mario buys FOOD every. single. time. he has enough money to do so. he spends currency on NOTHING besides the preservation of his existence. does that sound like accumulation to YOU!?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

look BUDDY mario buys FOOD every. single. time. he has enough money to do so. he spends currency on NOTHING besides the preservation of his existence. does that sound like accumulation to YOU!?

he accumulates a fair bit of mass when he eats mushrooms

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Marx Was A Lib posted:

he accumulates a fair bit of mass when he eats mushrooms

maybe if the ruling class let him eat anything besides toad popplers and dandelion salad

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

you should see what wario gets to eat. more hats too. oh and big surprise the royalty wants you to EAT CAKE

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Yoshi IS a marxist.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

BONGHITZ posted:

Yoshi IS a marxist.

The number of Yoshis sacrificed to get Mario over a long pit would bare this out to truth.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I agree that Wario is a capital parasite, but labeling him a libertarian? The debate never came to a real conclusion on that point and the thread got locked.

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

I would give anything to see Trump hold and fire a 357

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Fluoride Jones posted:

I would give anything to see Trump hold and fire a 357

didn't he used to brag about being one of the few people in nyc with a concealed carry permit (falsely, obviously)

you just know that he demanded to be given a gun by the secret service and was shut down

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

T-man posted:

all your gimmicks belong to me

When I was 12 and so hadn't gone through puberty, I (a cis woman) cut my hair really short on a whim, and that same day two people in a row called me "young man" and I burst into tears and ran away and hid while my parents awkwardly explained what had happened. I started wearing dangly clip-on earrings the next day. I was never a very girly girl, never wore skirts, but it's impossible to explain just how unsettling and awful it was for strangers to look at me and see a boy instead of a girl, and I felt like I NEEDED those earrings - not because I liked earrings but because I WAS NOT A BOY and it was incredibly important to me that people understand that at a glance. Obviously this is a super minor experience compared to what trans people go through but it's something I frequently use as an example when talking to other cis people, and it's definitely made a few people think about things differently.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

I love the joke of Zelda being a trustworthy public servant and Sheik being a whistleblower.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

doesn't wario own a factory? he should also be lawful evil

Wario respects no laws

I'm pretty sure every mainstream wario game starts with him being robbed of his vast wealth, usually by ghosts or wizards, and traveling to foreign lands, assaulting the natives and plundering their wealth. Wario is the most chaotic concept of capitalism and imperialism personified

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Donald J Trump Library

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder how many books Trump has read in his life, cover to cover.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Marx Was A Lib posted:

amazing chest ahead, therefore, try using both hands

skeleton, but hole

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Wario respects no laws

I'm pretty sure every mainstream wario game starts with him being robbed of his vast wealth, usually by ghosts or wizards, and traveling to foreign lands, assaulting the natives and plundering their wealth. Wario is the most chaotic concept of capitalism and imperialism personified

since when has capitalism found plundering and assaulting people in the global periphery to be unlawful?

Cerebral Bore has issued a correction as of 23:29 on Nov 18, 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1328735052302331906

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Mr. Lobe posted:

One, the power of positive thinking

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

congratulations to north dakota!! :toot:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

We know he's read the bible, his favorite verse being "Two Corinthians"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Early days, don't want to forgot the long term. This is like congratulating Usain Bolt on his world record time when he's 10 m into a 100m race.