Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

funkymonks posted:

Please give me a hairy beast of a dude. He can be swole, heavy, slim I don’t care. Just make him a hairy man.

Some actual beef would be very welcome in this game full of twinkies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Some actual beef would be very welcome in this game full of twinkies.

i need a heeeeeeero...

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I for one am pleased with the pretty boys in the game and that is very very rare

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

These mobs should drop poo poo from this event. It’s dumb that they don’t.

Drops are already rare as gently caress sometimes anyway.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

MarcusSA posted:

These mobs should drop poo poo from this event. It’s dumb that they don’t.

Drops are already rare as gently caress sometimes anyway.

100% agreed.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They are only balancing the scale since 4/5 standard 5* units the game launched with were girls. We are still 3/8 of in game 5* being males. So Zhongly, Xian, and Albedo can come out and they'd just be slightly above the average number of 5* and chances are Inazuma is going to be girl heavy.

Well, so far Inazuma is 1-1 (Ayaka and Scaramouche), so I'd expect about even split.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I haven't been getting credit for the "salvage 6 meteorite cores" part of the battlepass despite running the max difficulty. Is this one of those cases where they gave multiple things the same name?

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I think that's for the third part of the event that unlocks in 2 days, so you won't have got any yet

e: also it'll be the thing that drops the currency for the other part of the event store that hasn't unlocked yet

Mr Snips fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 18, 2020

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Well, so far Inazuma is 1-1 (Ayaka and Scaramouche), so I'd expect about even split.

The lightning archon is supposed to be female too, and a huge chunk of the datamined characters that were pulled out of the files are women too.

They could have easily balanced thing a bit by having Xian be one of the 5 base characters and taken Qiqi or Keqing be in a banner but I guess they (correctly) thought people would get mad if the girls were limited over the boys.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Mr Snips posted:

I think that's for the third part of the event that unlocks in 2 days, so you won't have got any yet

e: also it'll be the thing that drops the currency for the other part of the event store that hasn't unlocked yet

Is it 2 days? I thought it was going to be five.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Oh yeah you're right, it's not starting until the 23rd

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Does anything else in the game give 20 friendship points for 20 resins?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

At least one more, I need full team so the fourth member doesn't look like kindergarten teacher.

She's not gremlin level but Xiangling looks young enough to be older sister rather than teacher

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So I assume today's quest has different dialogue if you didnt do Mona's quest before?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

frajaq posted:

So I assume today's quest has different dialogue if you didnt do Mona's quest before?

Yes

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jwe21m/the_event_dialog_with_mona_changes_if_you_havent/

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Aww, yiss, finally pulled Diona like 30 wishes after I already had everyone else on the banner.

Gonna have to get used to how her healing works, though. It's not quite an emergency heal like Jean's or Barb's. Hopefully once I get her leveled, her shield will be strong enough to negate the need for it.

Only thing I'm a little bummed about is that her cryo application isn't a "strong" one like Kaeya's, but the rest of the utility she brings makes up for it.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Squiddycat posted:

I've been using Fish, Diluc, Chong, and Barbara for the entirety of the game, but I'm starting to realize that Barb is not a great choice because I almost never need the sheer amount of heals she provides

I do have Jean, is she a better slot?

the first time you use her to throw an assassin in a lake you'll know switching was the right decision

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

very nice

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
So after doing today’s quest Fischl is basically Don Quixote but not delusional? Everyone seems to wink wink nudge nudge humor her. Except I’m assuming she has actual powers since she’s a playable character but I don’t think the player has actually seen any of it in-game story wise.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Boris Galerkin posted:

So after doing today’s quest Fischl is basically Don Quixote but not delusional? Everyone seems to wink wink nudge nudge humor her. Except I’m assuming she has actual powers since she’s a playable character but I don’t think the player has actually seen any of it in-game story wise.

Does her ability to manifest a talking lightning bird not count?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

gandlethorpe posted:

Does her ability to manifest a talking lightning bird not count?

I just assumed he was a talking pet.

E: vvv Oh okay. I just assumed he was a talking pet that followed her around, like Paimon, except less humanoid. What is Paimon anyway?

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 19, 2020

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Boris Galerkin posted:

Except I’m assuming she has actual powers since she’s a playable character but I don’t think the player has actually seen any of it in-game story wise.

Uh, the bird is part of her powers, so... :)

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Well yeah Fischl certainly has powers, she has a vision, like (almost) every other character. That doesn't mean she's not totally delusional though.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In a world where a not small number of people have magic gems, being able to summon an elemental lightning crow is not special enough for a chuuni like Fischl

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fischl's 100% serious and actually telling the truth in everything she says. You'll rue the day you think it's a joke or even worse call her Amy.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Fischl may have delusions, but she (probably) doesn't have a Delusion.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I hope they add costumes so we can get phase 2 Childe as one. Looks sexy with the scarf and the mask on.

His phase 3 is definitely going to be an alt character at some point though.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I may or may not have blown all my resin refills on this and have done 20 rounds of this event today alone.

I have so many books

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Framboise posted:

I may or may not have blown all my resin refills on this and have done 20 rounds of this event today alone.

I have so many books
...so what are you gonna do tomorrow?

Sepah
May 13, 2014
I'm not sure it's worth spending fragile resin on this phase. In World Level 5 or above you get 45 shards for 20 resin, so it's possible to buy out the entire shop with just 5 day's worth of resin and the shards from quests/pickups.

If you really get 50 of the phase 3 currency per 40 resin at WL 5, and there's 7 days of the event left, then you can get up to 3150. I don't know if that'll be enough to buy out the shop, since it seems to be unknown how much of each 'limited item' you can buy.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I doubt the next phase will have an unlimited shop. I don't think they'll ever (in the near future) let Fragile Resin get you "extra" time-limited stuff.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I need to get on Discord tonight. Just realized there's a multiplayer event and I'm missing out on free stuff for inviting/being invited.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Archonex posted:

Between the upcoming Inazuma character and Keqing we literally have Vergil from Devil May Cry 3 in the game. In fact, there was a video posted on youtube recently that compares their animations.

Turns out they're almost exactly the same. Like, down to even the tiniest bits of detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgQ1e0zdoQA

Meanwhile Ganyu is just an ice version of Amber. I loved her design too, shame.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

...so what are you gonna do tomorrow?

More of this, I guess, for the gems? :shrug:

I'm so close to AR45 now, it's nice that I'll be able to artifact hunt after this

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

I don't think they'll ever (in the near future) let Fragile Resin get you "extra" time-limited stuff.
They already ran the alchemy event that allowed unlimited resin usage which gave better XP book returns than leylines. Unless there was some limitation on that which i missed?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mailer posted:

I need to get on Discord tonight. Just realized there's a multiplayer event and I'm missing out on free stuff for inviting/being invited.

Where did you see that?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

hit button posted:

They already ran the alchemy event that allowed unlimited resin usage which gave better XP book returns than leylines. Unless there was some limitation on that which i missed?

Eh, I was thinking more in terms of the crowns. But the resin to xp advantage for that event was not that much anyway.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I must be legit blind because I don’t see how to make condensed resin from the alchemy table. It’s not even listed.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

I must be legit blind because I don’t see how to make condensed resin from the alchemy table. It’s not even listed.

Did you get rank 3 Liyue reputation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

Did you get rank 3 Liyue reputation?

No lol. Guess I know what I’m doing this week.

I’m ar41 and so far behind on things.

I’ll get to work!