Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Zuzie posted:

If anyone's missing these seasonal DIYs, I have a spare Acorn Pochette, Pine Bonsai, Traditional Balancing Toy, Tree's Bounty Lamp and a Spooky Fence (in case someone completely missed Halloween).

I need that acorn pochette, can I claim it? I’ll be home in a little bit to grab it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Fhate posted:

I had no idea there were quite that many fall recipes. I really wish the sole distribution system for them wasn't balloons.
There should be a way to use items to "have an idea" about new DIYs that use that item.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I need that acorn pochette, can I claim it? I’ll be home in a little bit to grab it

Sure you can have it!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

First of May posted:

There should be a way to use items to "have an idea" about new DIYs that use that item.

The mechanism is already there for some materials, too

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I've got Barold in boxes if anyone wants that little goblin

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

2 hours of balloon farming so far today and I’ve only gotten one DIY...for the drat red-leaf pile. Not even worth offering to trade!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Zuzie posted:

If anyone's missing these seasonal DIYs, I have a spare Acorn Pochette, Pine Bonsai, Traditional Balancing Toy, Tree's Bounty Lamp and a Spooky Fence (in case someone completely missed Halloween).

If you still have the lamp, I want it!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

First of May posted:

It's the first time I've really been annoyed by this game. I don't mind grinding for stuff - Rare fish? Sure, I'll go fishing 100 times, because at least it's an activity. But having to sit and wait for balloons for hours of my day? So frustrating. I have no intention of trying to collect all of them, but there are a couple really cool ones that I'd love to get, and probably won't.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
thankfully nothing in this game is essential and the tempo of the game is low enough that if you miss a thing there's always next year

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

It feels like the maple leaves are a lot more common than the cherry petals were. I haven't been able to get more recipes though.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
So on Monday Daisy had her birthday party which meant Isabelle didn't send out the maple leaf recipe. On Tuesday, one of our residents who didn't log in on Monday got the recipe from her, but up to today anyone who logged in on Monday hasn't gotten the recipe.

Is there usually a delay this long for Isabelle to catch up and send the recipe? Last time this happened I thought she sent it out the next day.

At the same time, is Isabelle's recipe unique to her, or can you get it from balloons, villagers and such?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Zaroff posted:

So on Monday Daisy had her birthday party which meant Isabelle didn't send out the maple leaf recipe. On Tuesday, one of our residents who didn't log in on Monday got the recipe from her, but up to today anyone who logged in on Monday hasn't gotten the recipe.

Is there usually a delay this long for Isabelle to catch up and send the recipe? Last time this happened I thought she sent it out the next day.

At the same time, is Isabelle's recipe unique to her, or can you get it from balloons, villagers and such?

My alt got it this morning. I genuinely have no idea why I didn't get it on Monday like I did on my main.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Zaroff posted:

You can get the red-leaf pile recipe from balloons just like any other seasonal DIY. Even if you already know it :/

The recipes are only available from balloons I believe. I have heard that you can find acorn/pine cone recipes in bottles, but I cannot vouch for the authenticity of that rumor.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
does anyone else find it incredibly silly that the nook shop has a small collection of DIYs you can buy, but that selection never changes

given the sheer number of the things, and the fact that villagers will shower you in duplicates, I really feel like there should've been a once-daily "buy random DIY i dont know" item or something

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Blaziken386 posted:

does anyone else find it incredibly silly that the nook shop has a small collection of DIYs you can buy, but that selection never changes

given the sheer number of the things, and the fact that villagers will shower you in duplicates, I really feel like there should've been a once-daily "buy random DIY i dont know" item or something

Oh, that would be great. Even if it was for Nook miles rather than bells. You can trade miles for bell vouchers, why not for DIY?

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Slugworth posted:

It's the first time I've really been annoyed by this game. I don't mind grinding for stuff - Rare fish? Sure, I'll go fishing 100 times, because at least it's an activity. But having to sit and wait for balloons for hours of my day? So frustrating. I have no intention of trying to collect all of them, but there are a couple really cool ones that I'd love to get, and probably won't.
I farm manila clams while I balloon farm since I'm missing several fish for making models and need all the bait I can get. I've done this for a couple of hours a day for the last 3 days and have over a thousand bait and am slowly knocking down the missing recipes. I feel like this multitasking makes it feel more like I'm doing something and it's been super zen!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Fhate posted:

I had no idea there were quite that many fall recipes. I really wish the sole distribution system for them wasn't balloons.

This is honestly my biggest complaint about Animal Crossing. The villagers mostly ran out of unique DIYs to teach me ages ago, yet only Halloween was kind enough to put its seasonal DIYs into their rotation.

Fall is particularly bad because it puts 3 different seasonal sets into the balloons back to back.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Nemo2342 posted:

This is honestly my biggest complaint about Animal Crossing. The villagers mostly ran out of unique DIYs to teach me ages ago, yet only Halloween was kind enough to put its seasonal DIYs into their rotation.

Fall is particularly bad because it puts 3 different seasonal sets into the balloons back to back.

And yet despite all this new balloon content all I ever seem to get from them is bells or racecar beds :negative:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Metaline posted:

I farm manila clams while I balloon farm since I'm missing several fish for making models and need all the bait I can get. I've done this for a couple of hours a day for the last 3 days and have over a thousand bait and am slowly knocking down the missing recipes. I feel like this multitasking makes it feel more like I'm doing something and it's been super zen!

That reminds me that I finally got 3 Coelacanths to make a model of to put infront of my museum as I just had one in a tank. Why the hell is it so bloody small!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Got the mush parasol and then the tree's bounty big tree in successive balloons :woop:

I'd still like the mush stool and table if I can get them but I'm happy enough with the lamp, partition and parasol.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

If you still have the lamp, I want it!

I've still got it. Do you want me to come to your place via a dodo code or should I open up my island?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Slugworth posted:

That annoys me, and also the lousy acorns and pinecones. The only way to get them is to mash A on a tree until the ground is littered with sticks, pick up all the stupid sticks, and keep mashing A.

It's stupid and boring and pointless and the drop rate for the pinecones/acorns is too drat low! I hate it.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Zuzie posted:

I've still got it. Do you want me to come to your place via a dodo code or should I open up my island?

Up to you! Want anything in return?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Up to you! Want anything in return?

Nothing apart from you taking it off my hands!

EDIT: closed up!

Zuzie fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Nov 18, 2020

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Does anyone need an authentic Mona Lisa? It's the only legit piece Redd has today and I've already got a copy. Let me know and I can open up.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Zuzie posted:

Nothing apart from you taking it off my hands!

B7J44

On my way, thanks!!!

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Hobo Clown posted:

Does anyone need an authentic Mona Lisa? It's the only legit piece Redd has today and I've already got a copy. Let me know and I can open up.

It's me I need it after accidentally letting the real one go because it looked too smug to be authentic. Sorry Mona.

runchild
May 26, 2010

I farmed balloons for almost 7 hours today at work and ended up with 8 seasonal DIYs. Unfortunately half of them were duplicates, and half of those dupes were red-leaf piles. I’m still missing 13 recipes between the three seasonal sets so a net gain of 4 is pretty disappointing.

I kept track of everything in a spreadsheet, which helped me make a VERY interesting discovery. When I first learned about the balloon mechanics (back in the cherry blossom season) my source recommended going into Nook’s Cranny between each balloon, but I heard that that step had since been disproven. My results beg to differ.

For the first half of the day my spawn rate was abysmal, out of 38 possible spawn times only 18 of them produced balloons. Around 1:00 I started going inside Nook’s or the Resident Center between each spawn and the difference was immediate. 43 spawns later I’d popped 32 balloons. I went from seeing about one balloon every three spawns to never having more than one no-show in a row (except for a weird drought around 4:30). Could it be a coincidence? Maybe, but it’s a pretty big one.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

runchild posted:

I farmed balloons for almost 7 hours today at work and ended up with 8 seasonal DIYs. Unfortunately half of them were duplicates, and half of those dupes were red-leaf piles. I’m still missing 13 recipes between the three seasonal sets so a net gain of 4 is pretty disappointing.

I kept track of everything in a spreadsheet, which helped me make a VERY interesting discovery. When I first learned about the balloon mechanics (back in the cherry blossom season) my source recommended going into Nook’s Cranny between each balloon, but I heard that that step had since been disproven. My results beg to differ.

For the first half of the day my spawn rate was abysmal, out of 38 possible spawn times only 18 of them produced balloons. Around 1:00 I started going inside Nook’s or the Resident Center between each spawn and the difference was immediate. 43 spawns later I’d popped 32 balloons. I went from seeing about one balloon every three spawns to never having more than one no-show in a row (except for a weird drought around 4:30). Could it be a coincidence? Maybe, but it’s a pretty big one.

I'm going to do some testing with my switch and the SO. I haven't gotten poo poo for a long time.

I feel they must of nerfed it recently.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I'm considering balloon farming tomorrow with some jail bars. Balloons will be spawning on the side of my island with a river mouth though. How do you account for that? Just accept there will be two possible spots for balloons to get routed to?

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

IF I FITS I SITS

https://twitter.com/ohenieledam/status/1329236258225209344?s=19

runchild
May 26, 2010

Slugworth posted:

I'm considering balloon farming tomorrow with some jail bars. Balloons will be spawning on the side of my island with a river mouth though. How do you account for that? Just accept there will be two possible spots for balloons to get routed to?

I’m not sure I understand. Are you saying that placing jail bars forces balloons into areas where they aren’t? I can’t find any info about this online.

You can fill in the river pretty close the river mouth. I did that today to make my beach patrol easier and to prevent unfortunate splooshes.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

runchild posted:

I’m not sure I understand. Are you saying that placing jail bars forces balloons into areas where they aren’t? I can’t find any info about this online.

You can fill in the river pretty close the river mouth. I did that today to make my beach patrol easier and to prevent unfortunate splooshes.
Yeah, you make a wall of jail bars (or climbing walls), and any balloon that hits it travels southward until it finds a hole in the wall and continues it's travel east/west. The goal is, you can stand in one spot and just listen for balloon sounds while you do other stuff. But it loses its value if I potentially need to be monitoring the river and another spot further south.

Filling in the river temporarily isn't a bad idea, but then I have to offset the wall south of the river enough that it'll probably interfere with stuff on the island. Boo...

Slugworth fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 19, 2020

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Version 1.6.0 is live now. Go get your extra storage slots for a cool 500k.

e: Nook, you dirty motherfucker. I don't want to pay off my final loan.

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 19, 2020

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Can't time travel to Thanksgiving. I mean the event is locked.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Gentle reminder if anyone is having anxiety over collecting seasonal DIYs to message me on the Discord server and I'll do my best to get you your fix.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

glassyalabolas posted:

Version 1.6.0 is live now. Go get your extra storage slots for a cool 500k.

e: Nook, you dirty motherfucker. I don't want to pay off my final loan.
ahahahahahahahah :laugh:

accept your punishment for trying to default on the last payment

pech
Jul 19, 2004

I’m in Southern Hemisphere and have Fauna in boxes and 29 DIY recipes at my entrance. Redd is visiting. You’re welcome buy anything, to pick any flowers, fruit or catch critters. Just don’t pick weeds or plant any flowers please. Planting weeds is ok

CLOSED

pech fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Nov 19, 2020

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Celeste is visiting Nomanisan. No shooting stars though. She’s trapped in the northeast corner of the island on the third level.

Come see how we paved over paradise and put up....a regular layout of houses and assorted buildings.

Anyway, come visit! Board postings are encouraged!

Dodo code is thanks for visiting

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Super Foul Egg posted:

It's me I need it after accidentally letting the real one go because it looked too smug to be authentic. Sorry Mona.

Hey I'm so sorry, I meant to respond earlier and open up. Its probably too late to do that now so I bought it and you can pick it up or I can drop it off whenever tomorrow.