Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
Amazing story OB-GYN Kenobi, thanks for sharing it.

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

Now that I'm at rock loving bottom can I finally see that im better off.

Ya it's so often the case that we have to hit our lowest before we can start the path to happiness, glad to see you're on it.

Your story reminded me of a friend with BPD, MDD, SUD, you name it. He'll take on everyone's poo poo and hate himself for it but won't admit his darkest and earliest pain so it controls him like it controlled you. Things always escalate to a breaking point and he goes to inpatient, or his parents get involved, or whatever and they lower the energy so he can get back to his alcohol but nobody in his system really wants him to get better because that's his role. It hurts to watch the cycle repeat every few years for two decades but that's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

God, I wish I could stop being angry. I know I've mentioned in the thread that I lost my job back in April after a personal health crisis and I just can't get over it. I didn't love the job, but it was tolerable - the work felt meaningful even if my impact on clients was secondary to the aim of capital in the C-suite.

COVID happened, I lost that job and went crawling back to a previous employer that feels just as toxic and abusive of a relationship it was when I quit 3 years ago.

Most days I'm okay. So long as I don't have to deal with any cybersecurity related anything I'm on a pretty even keel all day. All it takes, though, is one duckduckgo ad or one company-wide email about a phishing campaign being leveled at the company. But that one ad? That one email? That one wayward /r/netsec post that rose to the front page?

It's like flipping a switch. Instant, all-consuming anger. Rage. Violent fantasies bubble to the surface of my mind and it's off to the races. As angry as I am right away, I manage to get angrier. I remember all the money it's cost me to start over with new high-deductible Healthcare plans twice (once for Oscar while I was unemployed thank you Obama/Kusher!) once again at the job I went back to), how demeaning it felt to go back to an employer I'd sworn 'never again' to and crawl on my knees begging for a job, any job, because I'm not done recovering and still need expensive medical help that I can't afford without a job and I already tried the NOC and their hiring is frozen so please hire me for a lovely contracts renewal role, and I'm just so loving mad for hours.

I understand that I'm privileged in this sense - I have a job, I have health insurance, I'm now 6 months later well on the road to recovery but... I just can't get over the anger, and it's debilitating.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

T-man posted:

im so tired of being miserable and alone. why me? every time it gets harder to try again. what's the point, I'm a broken person and always will be.

same, it sucks and I will die alone and unloved

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I suppose it's worth a shot.

A friend of mine just told me they're struggling a bit with dysphoria, and they're having a hard time finding communities to discuss this with. Their first experience was in a chaser discord, and that proved to be a pretty toxic group quite quickly.

Does anyone here know of any internet communities that would be good for them to join? When they mentioned it to me I was quite surprised to realize I didn't really know of any, but I told them I'd ask around.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

do you ever wish your parents were dead so you wouldn’t feel guilty about killing yourself

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

gently caress gently caress gently caress 2020 continues to blow, just found out an acquaintance in town passed away last night, knew her for years

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

T-man posted:

im so tired of being miserable and alone.

indigi posted:

same, it sucks and I will die alone and unloved

Me too, friends. :glomp:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

my brother, who none of the rest of my family is very close to because he constantly pushes us away, is having some kind of breakdown and may be losing his housing arrangement. i am completely powerless to do anything to help him and boy oh boy i am feeling some feelings about this situation right now!

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

has anyone else noticed shortages of their brain meds? my pharmacy is having a hell of a time keeping my mood stabilizer in stock (they're only filling like 10-20 days worth at a time and every time I call in for a refill they tell me the order will arrive in a couple of days) and this has me loving terrified

I asked a couple local friends and they both said their completely unrelated pills are being handled the same way

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

blatman posted:

has anyone else noticed shortages of their brain meds? my pharmacy is having a hell of a time keeping my mood stabilizer in stock (they're only filling like 10-20 days worth at a time and every time I call in for a refill they tell me the order will arrive in a couple of days) and this has me loving terrified

I asked a couple local friends and they both said their completely unrelated pills are being handled the same way

nope and i hope it is an anomaly in your area

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

indigi posted:

do you ever wish your parents were dead so you wouldn’t feel guilty about killing yourself

one of my parents is dead and the other is dead to me and i will still linger on to see how this all shakes out until death reaches for me, not the other way around

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

T-man posted:

im so tired of being miserable and alone. why me? every time it gets harder to try again. what's the point, I'm a broken person and always will be.

Youre an inspiration and i thought about how you post stuff about loving being on estrogen when i got scared to make my hrt doc appt.

I got scripts for spiro and estradiol from Plume 20mim ago and you specifically were one of the reasons i wasnt scared to do it.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

T-man posted:

hey t-man i just wanna pile on here

i think you are cool and a fun poster in fun threads, and your perspective as a trans person is extremely important in effort threads and i appreciate the effort you put into them.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

t-man you're out of the club, it's just me and shifty nipples now.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

thanks everyone. I'm feeling better thanks to all of you. ❤️😇 i hope things feel less bad for everyone else too.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Without going into details I made some mistakes in my past that will not stop reaching out to grab me and pull me down whenever i feel like I'm getting a millimeter ahead and I'm frankly about at the end of my rope after today's episode of it

I could solve a lot of this if I could just get back into my actual field of programming but the gap in my employment is making that incredibly hard especially right now and the job I do have barely covers anything and I'm constantly one financial hit away from just being entirely broke and it feels like the system is directly set up to keep me that way unless I get lucky and win the lottery or something

and i'm just so tired
and i just needed to vent
and im not gonna do anything stupid but if i didn't have here to at least laugh at the world i dunno how id be
thanks

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

having a moment accepting having to prevent myself from explaining to a normal person why cops shouldn't be pissed on if they are on fire, the 'crack ping' of trying to re-enter normal society for the necessary dollar

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I'm so close to just going ahead and plucking a chicken and giving up trying to communicate anything otherwise. People are so impossible to deal with.

I'm feeling cynical on a profound level.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Is it normal to feel a little depressed right now?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Probably. Anything in particular got you down?

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

yes

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

With all that is going on in the world it is reasonable to feel a little down. So don't beat yourself up about it.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Honestly, I'm actually feeling better.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

No. 6 posted:

hell yeah comrade

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

No. 6 posted:

Glad to hear it friend :)

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

indigi posted:

yeah :smith:

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

Sunny Side Up has issued a correction as of 18:48 on Dec 14, 2020

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

I could solve a lot of this if I could just get back into my actual field of programming but the gap in my employment is making that incredibly hard

i know you're mostly just venting, but: are there any unverifiable lies you could tell to fill in that gap? including, for example, family issues, running your own company, a temporary career change, etc.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I'm honestly doing just about as well as I was doing before the pandemic.

Except now I feel much more free to express the way I feel.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
The way I feel is generally surly, except when someone starts going on about pseudoscience bullshit about health or about how the world is a just place where everything happens for a reason or about how it'll all work out without any real effort because they want to be comfortable and not feel bad about it.

At which case it's various degrees of creative about extremely loudly telling them to shut their mouth.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
i have been working on government legislation as a survivor activist for nine months now and it is killing me

in the middle of covid i pushed myself to go back to school and to reach for my dreams

and i have finals and grad school applications and stupid loving bill poo poo to do all at once and i am this close to just breaking in half

i can't do this any more

it's all too too much

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

can you punt the applications to next semester?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Soap Scum posted:

i know you're mostly just venting, but: are there any unverifiable lies you could tell to fill in that gap? including, for example, family issues, running your own company, a temporary career change, etc.

"Trying a new career" is the not totally a lie I'm going with

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 04:24 on Nov 20, 2020

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

indigi posted:

can you punt the applications to next semester?

nope, all of them are in december and january for some reason and I apparently should have been applying for scholarships back in loving october

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

"Trying a new career" is the not totally a lie I'm going with

yeah sounds good. it won't be a hit everywhere i'm sure but eventually you'll have interviewers who see that as a positive, "fresh perspective," etc.

job searching sucks but you can do it 💪

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

there is nothing promising ahead and it’s too late to rise up. revolution is a mirage. AI, automation, and gig work are our future. we will look. sick wistfully on the relative privacy that zoom meetings afforded us back in 2020, when things were still good. I tried to - in 2014 and now I just go on by spite and embarrassment. How do you go on?

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 10:02 on Nov 20, 2020

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

giving up means the bastards won

if hope isn't an option, stay for spite

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

T-man posted:

I cannot stress enough how effective this is.

Healthy? Jury's out. But boy does my engine get a lot of miles out of a tank full of pure, unrefined spite.

e: oh, my, what a happy coincidence. i just got a delivery of 12 unstable gallons of spite. oh joyous day!

Lib and let die has issued a correction as of 14:09 on Nov 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

T-man posted: